Halo 5 - new patch - 191MB

OP RhysWX

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
iV TTails wrote:
Not everyone has done the update. Can we just restart our consoles and do the update because im just matching people before update and it wont let me play a game. This is a joke.
Quit the game and reopen it, it worked for me.
So anyone played yet ? Is it easier ?

Kinda wish they had completely deleted Urban and replaced it with any other map.
Woo, no changes to the inherently crazy artificial difficulty... (aka repawn time, spawn location choice, enemy bullet-spongieness, req level/energy speed, req ammo, aimbot enemies, crazy low durability of our own Spartans and vehicles, the fact that reqs are NEEDED to succeed, etc.)
Good 343 is listening to us and is making it easier.
343 is listening to us
We are always listening.
Unyshek wrote:
343 is listening to us
We are always listening.
Sweet. two interactions with 343 members so far. Cool. Best day ever.
Woo, no changes to the inherently crazy artificial difficulty... (aka repawn time, spawn location choice, enemy bullet-spongieness, req level/energy speed, req ammo, aimbot enemies, crazy low durability of our own Spartans and vehicles, the fact that reqs are NEEDED to succeed, etc.)
wait a minute, not only do you want the overall difficulty reduced, you want to be able to complete all five rounds with just your standard loadouts? Why the hell would you want that, it would be -Yoink-. Why would you not want power weapons for a gametype like this? That's the FUN of it.
Honestly, aside from the respawn timer and the odd poor spawn, I just do not see the difficulty problem at all. I just can't help but think it's the less-skilled side of the community expressing this view. Try playing firefight with a team of eight good/very good players - it's insanely easy - I don't even have to try. Just an army of tanks ruining everything.
I just hope 343 doesn't give in to the moaning that it's too hard. I'd stop playing it if it got any easier.
And as for bullet-sponge enemies - this was clearly a design decision they wanted to take, I'm guessing to help draw in the destiny crowd. Either way I don't mind it - there's enough non-boss non-bullet sponge enemies on the map at anyone time that it just doesn't matter. Besides, it's actually quite fun to pound away at an eternal warden with a team full of ultra rare tanks, to break up the monotomy of endless elites and soldiers.
Unyshek wrote:
343 is listening to us
We are always listening.
Unyshek wrote:
343 is listening to us
We are always listening.
Yet almost ever reply to the feedback thread said the respawn timer was dumb and it's still exactly the same unless you just didn't mention it. The majority don't like prometheans. They're all bullet sponges and there's an overexcessive amount of them.
Unyshek wrote:
343 is listening to us
We are always listening.
Watching that makes me a I'm going to be watched now.
Unyshek wrote:
343 is listening to us
We are always listening.
Yet almost ever reply to the feedback thread said the respawn timer was dumb and it's still exactly the same unless you just didn't mention it. The majority don't like prometheans. They're all bullet sponges and there's an overexcessive amount of them.
Yes, and I'm sure those things are being talked about and looked at by 343. Why would they not be? I imagine these elements would also require a bit more time and effort, and balance, to make it work. It's a bit different to just putting out a quick update that changes round difficulties around a bit.
Kill Flesh wrote:
Unyshek wrote:
343 is listening to us
We are always listening.
Yes, and I'm sure those things are being talked about and looked at by 343. Why would they not be? I imagine these elements would also require a bit more time and effort, and balance, to make it work. It's a bit different to just putting out a quick update that changes round difficulties around a bit.
True. This update would be very quick update because its just the rounds not changing AI.
Unyshek wrote:
343 is listening to us
We are always listening.
Will there be any changes to the respawn time and spawn locations ?
When you die it's 30 seconds then spawning on the opposite side of map rushing in another 30 seconds 1 minute gone from 5.
NERF RESPAWN TIMER! & give respawn location selection then things will be looking good
Very pleased to see some tweaks. Early days, but got a loss on round 5 on Urban (ugh) and a win on ARC.

I thought spawn locations were better, although I don't see that mentioned in the notes.
Very pleased to see some tweaks. Early days, but got a loss on round 5 on Urban (ugh) and a win on ARC.

I thought spawn locations were better, although I don't see that mentioned in the notes.
I never get bad spawns before and I don't know why. I seriously never get bad ones.
This is a good start hopefully i can start winning more games.
Weird that this is all stored locally.
This will help a ton. We are NOT meant to win every round. If it was too easy people would be griping that we need a challenge. This is a fair change and we will see what tweeks come later as well. This will never be perfect because there is nothing that can be done to appease everyone.
And adjustments to FF objectives.....hmmm
Wow it took a whole 2 posts before someone skipped being grateful for balance adjusments and went straight to complaining more.

And BTW these ARE adjustments to FF objectives.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3