Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] Halo 5 - Worst selling & Lowest Rated Halo Game!

OP Aggie Michael

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 8
  4. 9
  5. ...
  6. 10
IamSaoirse wrote:
You really can't deny the facts...The new additions to Halo are not as good as we hoped. The CoD players who are going to jump ship when Black Ops 3 comes can defend it all they want. But in three days when BO3 release, its going to be mostly the vets that remain.

In the next week, Halo has to compete with BO3 and Fallout 4 which will shortly be followed by Star Wars Battlefront.

343 needs to listen to the people who have stuck with this series, as we are the ones who keep coming back and the ones who remain months after. We will be the ones buying the DLC, and the ones making forge maps, and the ones contributing to the forums.

Hopefully with the update on Friday, they will shed some light.
Slow down there. I'm defending the game, and I'm a veteran. Stopped playing CoD a long time ago for obvious reasons, and I played Halo first. I do not plan on purchasing BO3 and I can safely tell you that no one will ever convince me to play it. So where you get this "all vets have the same opinion" mindset is beyond me. Do you not realize that several vets worked on the game during development, giving feedback to help improve the game?

Ignorant post is ignorant.
These sales only represent Great Britain, and do not even take into account digital sales, which are significantly larger than with previous installments. And if Halo 5 doesn't sell well, that is a reflection of the quality of its predecessor.
Your numbers don't include digital, which wasn't even a factor in any of the previous games' launch weeks.

Your argument is so invalid it hurts.
DaddyTrax wrote:
Please tell me you thought about digital downloads not being counted with retail...of course you didn't. You just wanted attention and you got it, happy?
Look at the delta. 370k for Halo 3. 150k for Halo 5. Both came out two years after the new console. Halo is dying. The ratings and the total sales go hand and hand.
yes halo 3 has been out for how many years. halo 5 has been out for a week and done half of that and there is still christmas wich will add alot to the sales.
This is for the same amount of time for each game. I am not talking about total sales for the life of the game.
I thought it was good as far as multiplayer.
MP is good, but for old halo fans, it is bad
Yeah no one can see each other ranks and cant see all the players names in the lobby like halo 3 and halo 4 and halo reach and they need to change that!

But MP is good and halo 5 is good!
Do not post discriminatory comments.

Spoiler:
Show
I thought it was good as far as multiplayer.
MP is good, but for old halo fans, it is bad
As an old halo fan, I can confirm that this statement is the very definition of ignorance. I do not think the multiplayer is bad in anyway. In fact, I enjoy it.
You are not the official halo fan spokesman. I've been playing since 2001 as well, so I don't want to hear any of this "old fans think it is bad" garbage.
Warzone and Arena FTW!!!
KaneXX12 wrote:
These sales only represent Great Britain, and do not even take into account digital sales, which are significantly larger than with previous installments.
This. As if the UK makes up the entire sales for the Halo franchise. Pure ignorance, OP.
I thought it was good as far as multiplayer.
MP is good, but for old halo fans, it is bad
I'm an old Halo fan. In that I began with CE and I'm 30 years old (old for a Halo fan, I suspect) and I love it. CE is my favorite, too. Halo 5's Arena MP is the most fun I've had in a long time. It's Halo 2 levels of intense fun.
JSA343 wrote:
The Xbox One doesn't have as big of an install base as the 360. You really can't compare them. There were simply more people to buy past games.
Most of this can be attributed to the Xbox One itself, not Halo 5.
Ahem.
Honestly, I don't know why you would come to a forum where people all over the world are enjoying Halo and post something that you don't like. I don't mind that it was posted but what do you gain from posting it? What are you trying to prove? There will always be people playing Halo 5 and many people will enjoy the Halo universe for years to come. Also, try not posting something like this a week after launch and instead post it around January 2016 because that's when sales tell the true story of success because of Christmas.
I think halo 5 will gain more players when forge comes into the game and at Christmas time and when they update new maps and playlist!
I agree.
i don't know why people rant about this stuff as long as you enjoyed the game it dosen't matter.
Couldn't agree more with your statement.
IamSaoirse wrote:
Honestly, I don't know why you would come to a forum where people all over the world are enjoying Halo and post something that you don't like. I don't mind that it was posted but what do you gain from posting it? What are you trying to prove? There will always be people playing Halo 5 and many people will enjoy the Halo universe for years to come. Also, try not posting something like this a week after launch and instead post it around January 2016 because that's when sales tell the true story of success because of Christmas.
Because forums are here to discuss issues with games as well as anything else. If players don't vocalize issues they are having with the game, then nothing would change.
My response is in bold, because you didn't read my post; also, we aren't talking about fixing the game, we are talking about inaccurate sales numbers.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 8
  4. 9
  5. ...
  6. 10