Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] Halo 5 - Worst selling & Lowest Rated Halo Game!

OP Aggie Michael

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 7
  4. 8
  5. 9
  6. ...
  7. 10
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-11-02-halo-5-tops-chart-outsells-assassins-creed-syndicate-launch-by-50-percent
This.
DaddyTrax wrote:
Please tell me you thought about digital downloads not being counted with retail...of course you didn't. You just wanted attention and you got it, happy?
Look at the delta. 370k for Halo 3. 150k for Halo 5. Both came out two years after the new console. Halo is dying. The ratings and the total sales go hand and hand.
Here are the UK sales numbers (please note Halo 3 was released 2 years after xbox 360 just like Halo 5 was released two years after xbox one):

• Halo: Combat Evolved - Sales Unknown
  • Halo 2 - 260,000
  • Halo 3 - 370,000
  • Halo 3: ODST - 212,000
  • Halo: Reach - 390,000
  • Halo 4 - 332,000
  • Halo: The Master Chief Collection - 105,000~
  • Halo 5: Guardians - 150,000
We got to save the Series! The same as been occurring in other regions.
This post and analysis is taken out of context, and citing the UK sales numbers is a clear indication of this. The current install base for Xbox Ones is not only comparatively smaller than the Xbox 360 was when games like Halo Reach came out, but the current Xbox One install base in the UK is incredibly small when compared to other countries as most UK players chose to adopt the Playstation 4 as their primary console this generation. Taking this information out of context is severely misleading.
Spoiler:
Show
its safe to say op and the random kid peddling BO3 are serious trolls
omegacon4 wrote:
Sales are the weakest they have even been for any new original Halo FPS game (this excludes Halo games that were republished). Even Halo ODST and Reach (which was solid) outsold Halo 5. With the exception of Halo ODST (which was really just an expansion), this is the lowest rated Halo FPS ever (Halo MCC was at the same level even with many of the critics stating the multiplayer didn't work). Master Chief was barely in there as well (not surprised with the sales as Microsoft is giving up their star).
What do you think is going wrong with Microsoft and 343? I think 343 needs new leadership and a new direction to get Halo back on track. What do you think needs to be done to fix 343 and return the Halo series to greatness (think fixing it for Halo 6, 7, etc as Halo 5 is what it is now). Right now, Halo is not a system seller anymore.
343 didn't focus on catering to casual gamers like me.

We casual gamers represent the largest demographic of gamer. We are the money.

You messed up, 343. This is a URL link to some interesting information.
343 did nothing but cater to the casual gamer which has become a synonym to Call of Duty player. We've had this same discussion on other threads you and I. Every single new addition to movement in this game besides walking and sprinting is identical to Advanced Warfare and BO3. The unlock system is modeled after none other than Advanced Warfare.
DaddyTrax wrote:
Please tell me you thought about digital downloads not being counted with retail...of course you didn't. You just wanted attention and you got it, happy?
Look at the delta. 370k for Halo 3. 150k for Halo 5. Both came out two years after the new console. Halo is dying. The ratings and the total sales go hand and hand.
Check Metacritic. Ratings are higher than Halo Wars, Halo 3 ODST, and Halo: Combat Evolved.
Don't believe me? http://www.metacritic.com/search/all/halo%20/results
omegacon4 wrote:
omegacon4 wrote:
Vultrae wrote:
OP demonstrates an ungodly amount of ignorance in this post. With digital purchases becoming more popular, many people bought a digital copy of Halo 5.

Digital copies are not included in the sales data. It's been stated before. Get your facts straight. Such childish comments on this thread that I don't even care how the game sold, the community is full of complaints. The game is fine, and I'm just being a 343 fanboy here (check my post history of critical reviews against 343 and Halo 5).
You should really read this.
Your really need to stop believing such biased websites like that. You've already been shown the lack of sales is due to xbox and not this game and that more of the proportion of the xbox population play this game than previous games including the classics like reach but you keep going on man talk about deluded.
Not selling HALO on the PS4 is another mistake by 343 and Microsoft but that's a topic for another thread.

Does the term 'Microsoft Studios' mean anything for you?
Quote:
I would try to educate you but I need to go now and attempt to finish the HALO 5 campaign before COD BO3 releases on Friday.

I think I've got 5 mission left (out of a paltry 15).

COD BO3's campaign is supposedly really long....Just saying.
Right, thanks for not taking five seconds to back up your data.

A 'paltry' 15? You do realize that's more than any Halo game, correct? Even if we excluded the two missions that were very short... you get 13, which is the same number as the Halo game with most levels, being Halo 2.

Unlike Halo, the majority of CoD players don't give a flying -Yoink- about campaign. The campaigns always have generic stories that are awful as well. Sometimes, it's about quality, not quantity.
Honestly, I don't know why you would come to a forum where people all over the world are enjoying Halo and post something that you don't like. I don't mind that it was posted but what do you gain from posting it? What are you trying to prove? There will always be people playing Halo 5 and many people will enjoy the Halo universe for years to come. Also, try not posting something like this a week after launch and instead post it around January 2016 because that's when sales tell the true story of success because of Christmas.
i don't know why people rant about this stuff as long as you enjoyed the game it dosen't matter.
You really can't deny the facts...The new additions to Halo are not as good as we hoped. The CoD players who are going to jump ship when Black Ops 3 comes can defend it all they want. But in three days when BO3 release, its going to be mostly the vets that remain.

In the next week, Halo has to compete with BO3 and Fallout 4 which will shortly be followed by Star Wars Battlefront.

343 needs to listen to the people who have stuck with this series, as we are the ones who keep coming back and the ones who remain months after. We will be the ones buying the DLC, and the ones making forge maps, and the ones contributing to the forums.

Hopefully with the update on Friday, they will shed some light.
Honestly, I don't know why you would come to a forum where people all over the world are enjoying Halo and post something that you don't like. I don't mind that it was posted but what do you gain from posting it? What are you trying to prove? There will always be people playing Halo 5 and many people will enjoy the Halo universe for years to come. Also, try not posting something like this a week after launch and instead post it around January 2016 because that's when sales tell the true story of success because of Christmas.
I think halo 5 will gain more players when forge comes into the game and at Christmas time and when they update new maps and playlist!
If all those figures are for the respective games on there first week of sailes, than I agree with with you. But if those are lifetime unit's sold than it would be unfair to add halo 5 to the list given the games only been out for a week, two weeks if you count early access.
plus those are the over all sales not week one :P
I thought it was good as far as multiplayer.
Vultrae wrote:
DaddyTrax wrote:
Check Metacritic. Ratings are higher than Halo Wars, Halo 3 ODST, and Halo: Combat Evolved.
Don't believe me? http://www.metacritic.com/search/all/halo%20/results
Halo CE was a 97 metacritic. Halo Wars is not a FPS. Halo 5 (a full number game) was 85. Halo 5 was a huge drop off in ratings. Do the math!
Because forums are here to discuss issues with games as well as anything else. If players don't vocalize issues they are having with the game, then nothing would change.
DaddyTrax wrote:
yes halo 3 has been out for how many years. halo 5 has been out for a week and done half of that and there is still christmas wich will add alot to the sales.
Couldn't the weaker sales be because that H5 is solely on X1 & the 360 (which still has a massive playerbase) was excluded?
If all those figures are for the respective games on there first week of sailes, than I agree with with you. But if those are lifetime unit's sold than it would be unfair to add halo 5 to the list given the games only been out for a week, two weeks if you count early access.
All of them are for the same amount of time. I am just saying the sales are way down and the ratings are way down. Something needs to be fixed or changed to correct the course.
I thought it was good as far as multiplayer.
MP is good, but for old halo fans, it is bad
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 7
  4. 8
  5. 9
  6. ...
  7. 10