Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Halo 5 120HZ.. with Series S + X .. Why Not?

OP SmoothSaylor

Here's a thought I had..

343 should have selected Halo 5 for the 120Hz upgrade with the new Series S/X..

This would have lead into momentum of the Halo Infinite release and competitive scene..

I know they said H5 won't receive an update for the Series X.. even though it now runs smoother on the Series X..

What do you guys think?

EDIT: .. if they do not come out with 120Hz.. at least add/rotate some maps.. ?
I mean personally I don't have an Xbox Series X yet or an S but yeah I agree they should give Halo 5 an update.
Olive3000 wrote:
I mean personally I don't have an Xbox Series X yet or an S but yeah I agree they should give Halo 5 an update.
Well.. I just think from a business perspective too..

Halo 5 was the most recent in terms of events/tournaments, which went really well!

If they updated H5 with this 120Hz experience, and launched a tournament schedule of pro teams building into the Halo Infinite release.. (and on video release of Infinite, they could show pros playing against each other..)

The hype and momentum would already be there and make an easy transition..

Just my thoughts
Most likely because they would have to update H5 to run properly above 60 FPS. A lot of work was put into future proofing the MCC games so that they work consistently on all sorts of frame rates. Things like bullet travel speed and physics updates would need to be independent of the tick rate. When anything to do with H5 comes up it seems that 343 would rather not.
Most likely because they would have to update H5 to run properly above 60 FPS. A lot of work was put into future proofing the MCC games so that they work consistently on all sorts of frame rates. Things like bullet travel speed and physics updates would need to be independent of the tick rate. When anything to do with H5 comes up it seems that 343 would rather not.
Agreed, and I understand the general principles that work is obviously required to update..

I just wanted to see what the community thinks on the 120Hz idea, and it seems like a logical business step, too.

Halo 5 is extremely competitive, and if Infinite is similar (from which we've seen sprint, slide, and clamber), then momentum could start being built now!

Could you imagine H5 at 120Hz? How much smoother, and less input lag?
do you all mean 120 FPS? HZ is the refresh rate of your tv/monitor , you games run i frames per second or FPS