Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Halo 5 after Halo Infinite?

OP SpaceRanger7817

Will you be still playing Halo 5, on occasion maybe after Halo Infinite? Ok, I still get a kick outa playing WZ FF in Halo 5.
Long as they keep those servers going I'll still pop in and play a game or two.
Will you be still playing Halo 5, on occasion maybe after Halo Infinite? Ok, I still get a kick outa playing WZ FF in Halo 5.
Long as they keep those servers going I'll still pop in and play a game or two.
For me, it's pretty much impossible to tell. However, it will be highly dependent on how successful Halo Infinite will become.
Not sure. I haven't been able to play outside of the Campaign for like 2 years (or more) given my internet connection and I only have so much left to do with the single player stuff. But who knows. I still play some of the older games like Reach and ODST pretty regularly so, I would probably still play 5....even if it was the campaign.
Hard to see myself going back to a older game when I'll be investing most of my time in the new one and playing through the campaign and MP. Maybe after I've done all I can in Infinite I might go back but chances are slim. The only time I go back to older games is to try to wrap up some long outstanding achievements or if I'm bored with the current games but I think by then Halo 5 will be somewhat quiet and dead when everybody's moved on.
Depends on how they handle crossplay with Infinite. If their anticheat works and crossplay is optional, then likely no. But if crossplay is forced and hackers start affecting console users, then I'll likely play Infinite for the campaign and stick with H5's multiplayer.
Depends on how they handle crossplay with Infinite. If their anticheat works and crossplay is optional, then likely no. But if crossplay is forced and hackers start affecting console users, then I'll likely play Infinite for the campaign and stick with H5's multiplayer.
They've said with MCC crossplay, you'll be able to pick platform (console vs PC) and inputs for each (controller vs mouse & keyboard) in the near future. They're even implementing KB&M for console.

I imagine cross play on Infinite would have the same customization... I hope... I'll also be on console only, controller only.
If 343 were smart, they would add Halo 5 to MCC in a year or so.
TR3YFIVE wrote:
Yea, but right now, Infinite is still their prime focus. Yea, the release got pushed back until next year, but it doesn't mean that they have the time/manpower to work on other projects currently. Once Infinite is released or at least, in a more presentable and solid state, then I don't see why they wouldn't release 5 to MCC. But I don't see it happening at least until Infinite drops. But, I could be wrong.
As much as I love halo 5s gameplay, I'm uninstalling this game the moment infinite is available. The population is too low and the matchmaking is horrendous due to the low population.

The only way I'd keep playing h5 is if I end up really disliking the gameplay in halo infinite. At that point though I'd question if it's better to just hang the controller up for halo though.
Im still far away from 152 so i hope people are still on 5
TR3YFIVE wrote:
Eh idk man. Its not absolutely necessary.
Ill probably play every so often
Nope. With every new release, I've played the previous versions so much that I want something new. Especially once reaching the highest "rank", ie, 50, Inheritor, 130, and 152...

By the time Infinite is out, I should be 152, as well as a lot of other folks. The H5 BR is complete garbage and I hope that we never have to use it again.
This is tenuously related, but - if Halo 5 was brought to PC, I would definitely play it!
For me personally I will still be playing halo 5 occasionally of course but for the first couple of months maybe 3 Im only playing infinite but I enjoy the things halo 5 has to offer the multiplayer is solid for me it’s just that the thrust is kinda messing me up since I’m used to classic halo game more but mainly custom browser is what I LOVE about halo 5 the most and I think it should comeback into infinite
I'm sure if they ever add 5 to mcc a lot of people will be playing.
I’m going to Infinite
TR3YFIVE wrote:
Nooooo! Halo 5 is 100 GB of data they do not need to add it to the MCC. Also probably not going to play halo 5 after infinite comes out.
Depends on the success of halo infinite, i dont think i will play Halo 5 a lot after infinite release...