Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Halo 5 and being Colorblind

OP JollyRoger18

I am red-green colorblind and have played every single FPS Halo game made and have never had an issue locating red enemies on maps until Halo 5. Does anybody else have this issue ? And do you know if Halo infinite will have a colorblind setting like majority of games on the market now?
I know i prefer to be red team as he red players can be tough to spot. I struggle differentiating between red and black when they are together. I haven't heard if there will be a colorblind mode for Halo Infinite
I don't have any issues but I'm betting my wobbajack that there will be several settings to accommodate issues like this.

Think of the adaptive controller from Microsoft or the plethora of settings Gears 5 gives you to adjust the game. It goes well with the current idea of Microsoft to include everyone and have fun.
I know i prefer to be red team as he red players can be tough to spot. I struggle differentiating between red and black when they are together. I haven't heard if there will be a colorblind mode for Halo Infinite
yeah, the red really doesn't stand out as much, but I'm colourblind, and I have no issue. basically look for something moving and shoot it until it isn't moving, that usually works.
Halo 5 has the most visual clutter and darkest color pallet of any Halo game. The combination of these problems leads to the hardest time detecting opponents, and I am not colorblind. Playing breakout on the Tron style maps will always favor blue team because the damn floor and walls are blue. Any map that features a dark tone (almost all of them) makes it difficult to distinguish players (Especially blue IMO). Other things like map lighting, plasma explosions, and sniper flare all add a bunch of white light my FoV making it even harder to see. I get that lighting and explosion effects shouldn't be overly muted, but I've never had a struggle just to see my opponents in any previous title. They really need to reduce the amount of visual clutter and provide a greater control over colors with additions like colorblind.
Halo 5 has the most visual clutter and darkest color pallet of any Halo game. The combination of these problems leads to the hardest time detecting opponents, and I am not colorblind. Playing breakout on the Tron style maps will always favor blue team because the damn floor and walls are blue. Any map that features a dark tone (almost all of them) makes it difficult to distinguish players (Especially blue IMO). Other things like map lighting, plasma explosions, and sniper flare all add a bunch of white light my FoV making it even harder to see. I get that lighting and explosion effects shouldn't be overly muted, but I've never had a struggle just to see my opponents in any previous title. They really need to reduce the amount of visual clutter and provide a greater control over colors with additions like colorblind.
or brighten the blue and red teams, so they stand out more. maybe make it adjust to the map, so an overly bright map like Apex 7 will possibly have a darker colour in the lighter areas, but a brighter colour in darker areas. But really, I haven't had too much issue with this topic.
or brighten the blue and red teams, so they stand out more. maybe make it adjust to the map, so an overly bright map like Apex 7 will possibly have a darker colour in the lighter areas, but a brighter colour in darker areas. But really, I haven't had too much issue with this topic.
A potential solution. I think the worst map I have this problem on is empire. Whenever a blue is on the snipe spawn, Im way less likely to notice them. The maps colors and time of day make it the perfect storm for me. Plus if they pick up sniper and shine the lens flare its really disorienting. Also I do not appreciate the Splinter nades visual effect when your close to an explosion, it really throws off my aim.
I am colour blind. When I was playing titan fall before H5 came out I was always bottom of the table. Then I found the colour blind setting and immediately was consistent top 3 of the table. I really struggle on H5. I will walk past a player I didn't see and then get shot, or I have to wait to see if they start shooting me first before I fire, to avoid a betrayal.

When a blue guy has damage boost on, and has a red glow around them ...well I really don't have a chance.

Obviously titan fall managed a good fix, that was more than 5 or 6 years ago....time 343 caught up.
oh, I'm actually not colorblind so... I cant judge but I was wondering today what RvB would be like colorblind