Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Halo 5 armor sets are hideous!!

OP SCRIPT V7

Seriously, how many times you gonna make an ugly armor and think adding 2 or more different variants would make it look any better? I littelary have 207 armor and helmets and I only like 7. The armor looks like its made out of plastic and glued to the undersuit, and the undersuit color should be black like previous halos but 4. I wish some armor comes with it's own unique item, like a knife, flash lights, shotgun ammo, machete, core, Lazer, anything. I've seen fan made armors that are extremely unique! Why not take notes from them. I know dynast is a weak design of CQB, why would you make one instead of giving us the original one? And the decimator armor should of looked like noble 6, but it looks way uglier! Same as mark alpha. That big ugly baby on steroids armor is hideous. And now we're getting a reskin of it? Oh boy I can't wait to see what memorie of reach armor sets would look like, if they even actually listened to what we asked.
SCRIPT V7 wrote:
Seriously, how many times you gonna make an ugly armor and think adding 2 or more different variants would make it look any better? I littelary have 207 armor and helmets and I only like 7. The armor looks like its made out of plastic and glued to the undersuit, and the undersuit color should be black like previous halos but 4. I wish some armor comes with it's own unique item, like a knife, flash lights, shotgun ammo, machete, core, Lazer, anything. I've seen fan made armors that are extremely unique! Why not take notes from them. I know dynast is a weak design of CQB, why would you make one instead of giving us the original one? And the decimator armor should of looked like noble 6, but it looks way uglier! Same as mark alpha. That big ugly baby on steroids armor is hideous. And now we're getting a reskin of it? Oh boy I can't wait to see what memorie of reach armor sets would look like, if they even actually listened to what we asked.
Who the hell puts multiple flashlights on their combat armor when they've got flashlights already built into their helmet and weapons. We don't need a crazy amount of flashlights.

We also don't need Machetes since Spartans don't go exploring very crowded jungles. Shotgun ammo is pretty dumb when you don't have a shotgun, and what's a core supposed to be?

Why would there also be a lazer? What would the Spartan do? Point it at my eyes?

I know you want Halo: Reach stuff, but at least some of the little bits and pieces had actual useful looking functions (like the tac/pads, first aid kit, comm extensions, increased armor, etc.).

Also, I like the FOTUS armor too, but when you talk about functional armors, please don't come in with a horn on your head.
evoelmo123 wrote:
SCRIPT V7 wrote:
Who the hell puts multiple flashlights on their combat armor when they've got flashlights already built into their helmet and weapons. We don't need a crazy amount of flashlights.

We also don't need Machetes since Spartans don't go exploring very crowded jungles. Shotgun ammo is pretty dumb when you don't have a shotgun, and what's a core supposed to be?

Why would there also be a lazer? What would the Spartan do? Point it at my eyes?

I know you want Halo: Reach stuff, but at least some of the little bits and pieces had actual useful looking functions (like the tac/pads, first aid kit, comm extensions, increased armor, etc.).

Also, I like the FOTUS armor too, but when you talk about functional armors, please don't come in with a horn on your head.
Says the the guy that can't make his decision so he's sticking with default armor. Snipers use lazers, flashlights are only on the assult rifle, shotgun ammo looks cool and im pretty sure everyone would use them even without a shotgun. This is halo ok, you're asking for basic appearance just like cod, everyone here want their spartan to look as unique, big, as possible.
87% of Halo 5's armor sets look stupid. A lot of it doesn't even look like a Spartan would wear it. I liked the old Halos armor where they looked good, and could move around in. The new armor is either to bulky, not made for female Spartans, or just is hideous in general.
SCRIPT V7 wrote:
evoelmo123 wrote:
SCRIPT V7 wrote:

Says the the guy that can't make his decision so he's sticking with default armor. Snipers use lazers, flashlights are only on the assult rifle, shotgun ammo looks cool and im pretty sure everyone would use them even without a shotgun. This is halo ok, you're asking for basic appearance just like cod, everyone here want their spartan to look as unique, big, as possible.
What does wearing the default armor have to do with not making my mind up. I did. I chose this one.

The Recruit armor also seems to be a hundred times more practical than what you're suggesting.

Also, this is Halo, not CoD, we don't go in wearing a bandoleer of sniper/shotgun rounds/shells when we don't even use them. CoD has all that. Actually, You would change outfits in WaW and MW I believe for whatever your primary weapon was. So if you were a sniper, you'd have a ghillie suit.

Use the Binary Rifle if you want a lazer with your lazer pointer.

You did it again, you talk about practical armors, and you say everyone wants their Spartan to be as big as possible. What are you gonna do with those big shoulder pads? Punch yourself in the face?
It seems like 343 is focusing more on quantity rather than quality. I kind of feel for the people designing them though since it must be a pain trying to come up with a new design for armor that's already had so many variations.
evoelmo123 wrote:
SCRIPT V7 wrote:

Locke and Chief disagree...
AsGryffynn wrote:
evoelmo123 wrote:
SCRIPT V7 wrote:
Locke and Chief disagree...
Locke doesn't have a horn, and before VISRs had purposes aside from HUD displays, Chief's helmet probably had the fins to block out the sun. That, our the designers thought, "why not?"
Said the guy wearing one of the worst armor in Halo history lol
LUKEPOWA wrote:
It seems like 343 is focusing more on quantity rather than quality. I kind of feel for the people designing them though since it must be a pain trying to come up with a new design for armor that's already had so many variations.
The main problem is that 343 has to create a WHOLE new armor. In Halo 3, you had MkVI as a base. In Halo: Reach, you had MkV(B) as a base. There were few armor pieces in 3 and Reach, and all they did was emphasize a different portion of the armor. Now, 343's base for Halo 4 and 5 is the Spartan 4 under-suit. They have to create the armor with no piggy-backs on a base one.
Nice opinions, but why bother? Can't you simply look around it and not wear the armor that YOU find less good looking? One person might actually have a different opinion than others.. Hard to understand?
Yes I might agree on that there's too many armor sets, but what ain't a little variaty for people to choose from, sounds good? Yes? No you say, well then I guess some people just don't get it..
Sigh.
ODST, Recon, Operator, EVA, and Recruit are the most practical helmets in Halo.

As for Fotus.... You can stab people with the horn?
SCRIPT V7 wrote:
I wish they did reach style armor. 343 stuff looks so cartoony.
the armour sets are pretty ugly in this game but some of the mythic ones look alright