Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Halo 5 assault riffle

OP Merjan1

It's rather boring to be forced to use Magnum instead of the assault rifle in order to be competitive. Halo 5 Arena is a game of pistols and grenades. In my opinion it's high time to buff the assault rifle or at least to bring back the old aiming reticle because currently I find difficult to compete against pistols even in short distances.
Aim for the head. The Assault Rifle doesn't melt shields like it used to, but when it does, aim for the head. It's very nearly instant death. That's where the buff is on the Assault Rifle now. Its Headshot multiplier. So it can still beat a pistol if you use it right.
Merjan1 wrote:
It's rather boring to be forced to use Magnum instead of the assault rifle in order to be competitive. Halo 5 Arena is a game of pistols and grenades. In my opinion it's high time to buff the assault rifle or at least to bring back the old aiming reticle because currently I find difficult to compete with pistols even in short distances.
Fortunately, and I have seen this firsthand in testing, In a fight with one using an assault rifle and the other a pistol, The one who lands the first shot before the other often ends up winning the exchange (Thanks to the recent weapon update about 7 months ago)
Merjan1 wrote:
It's rather boring to be forced to use Magnum instead of the assault rifle in order to be competitive. Halo 5 Arena is a game of pistols and grenades. In my opinion it's high time to buff the assault rifle or at least to bring back the old aiming reticle because currently I find difficult to compete with pistols even in short distances.
Fortunately, and I have seen this firsthand in testing, In a fight with one using an assault rifle and the other a pistol, The one who lands the first shot before the other often ends up winning the exchange (Thanks to the recent weapon update about 7 months ago)
Not counting in movement and cover disruption, yeah.
To know the Lore is to know Halo
"Dont be spoiled, dont start a fight. Always be careful, here at night. Because the Spartans might come, in suits that weigh half a ton. And they'll steal from you all you gots, just like they did from Colonel Watts."
Yes, the Halo 5 Assault Riffle is useless. In Halo 4 it was a decent weapon in short-medium distances.
Everyone use the pistol and it's very tiresome.
Yes, the Halo 5 Assault Riffle is useless. In Halo 4 it was a decent weapon in short-medium distances.
Everyone use the pistol and it's very tiresome.
I really like the h5 pistol, since most movement mechanics are very similar nowdays it is a point of difference that sets it apart from all the other shooters on the market,
The AR can be effective in H5, probably the most effective AR in Halo IMO. The trick is to burst fire it, aim for the head, and definitely zoom in if you can. Keep in mind the AR is for close quarters combat and is really good for ambush or clean up encounters.