Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Halo 5 Assault Rifle - Too OP?

OP JakeisCake04

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Unity
Aye there fellows! I need some opinions on the H5 Assault Rifle. Is it perfect? Or is it too OP? Here is my opinion; I have gotten a recent re-thinking of the weapon, and realize how useless it'd be without the buff, so I think the headshot buff should stay in the game. This is because it helps balance weapons to make them all useful... Poor BR :(
Get rid of the Assault Rifle???? The most op weapon i thought should've been nerfed was the Halo 4 Needler
Get rid of the Assault Rifle???? The most op weapon i thought should've been nerfed was the Halo 4 Needler
Well no, just remove the headshot buff, thats all.
I think the assault rifle is fine. I just wish It didn't do headshot damage.
I kind of feel like the AR needed the headshot damage buff. In previous games, there was almost no reason to ever use it. I'd say other than H5, H3 was where it was probably the most balanced. But there's always a better precision weapon that generally works at close range as well due to how aiming works in Halo:

H:CE - Pistol
H2 - BR
H3 - Probably the BR again
Reach - DMR
H4 - Light Rifle

Even now, I'd say that the H5 pistol is superior to the AR at just about every range
Well no, just remove the headshot buff, thats all.
oh ok LOL.
I thought the Halo CE AR was mega powerful... Like it would take down banshees in mid-range. Either that or banshees are weak.
I thought that a headshot with the AR just did extra damage, not an insta kill like a DMR. Besides, It's not really that OP when you compare its TTK to other weapons. It gets destroyed when you try to go up against someone with a precision weapon, provided they hit their shots.
I thought that a headshot with the AR just did extra damage, not an insta kill like a DMR. Besides, It's not really that OP when you compare its TTK to other weapons. It gets destroyed when you try to go up against someone with a precision weapon, provided they hit their shots.
Yes, this is true, but I always find myself getting mowed down with the AR when my back is turned. I dunno, I think the headshot buff should be gone.
I think that it's fine the way it is. Because when I'm trying to get a kill with it in like Super Fiesta it seems impossible unless the player is already low on shields and health.
I would have to disagree, this makes the gun more of a viable weapon. Before the buff everyone would discard the AR for the first weapon they would see on the map. This was because the ARs TTK (Time to kill) was too low. With the headshot buff it purely makes the gun viable. In a 1v1 you can still out shoot someone using an AR by using the Magnum albeit with a little skill.

Plus it changed up tactics. My favorite is make someone a one shot and quickly switch to the AR>Jump>Kill
UnityAye there fellows! I need some opinions on the H5 Assault Rifle. Is it perfect? Or is it too OP? Here is my opinion; The Assault Rife in Halo 5 is WAY too OP due to it's headshot kill buff. What that means is basically when someones shields are down, and you shoot them in the head, it'll kill them with one shot. Kinda like a precision weapon. Who thinks 343 should just get rid of this buff? I do!
Stop using the magnum and use your primary weapon once in a while. Now there’s a reason too.
UnityAye there fellows! I need some opinions on the H5 Assault Rifle. Is it perfect? Or is it too OP? Here is my opinion; The Assault Rife in Halo 5 is WAY too OP due to it's headshot kill buff. What that means is basically when someones shields are down, and you shoot them in the head, it'll kill them with one shot. Kinda like a precision weapon. Who thinks 343 should just get rid of this buff? I do!
Stop using the magnum and use your primary weapon once in a while. Now there’s a reason too.
The magnum is your primary weapon, if you say otherwise you are just ignoring facts
The magnum is your primary weapon, if you say otherwise you are just ignoring facts
Tru Tru
I think that it is fine, and I personally do not use the AR too much, I prefer magnums
No I disagree. It's what makes the gun useful. Take away the buff then theres no sense in even having the weapon. Lucky for you team arena doesnt have an assault rifle anywhere in sight.
No I disagree. It's what makes the gun useful. Take away the buff then theres no sense in even having the weapon. Lucky for you team arena doesnt have an assault rifle anywhere in sight.
Yeah thank God. I am starting to realize the balancing this gun can have with the buff.
I think that it is fine, and I personally do not use the AR too much, I prefer magnums
Same mate
The post-tuned H5AR is the most well balanced AR to date.

Allowing the weapon to exist as a type of precision weapon was something I had spent years clamoring for; however, the exact design choice they elected to make with the tuning process ended up creating a pretty ideal hybrid concept with superb sandbox balance.

In my opinion, any step back from this concept design in Infinite will be a massive mistake because it has allowed the AR to finally find its proper role and niche.
eLantern wrote:
The post-tuned H5AR is the most well balanced AR to date.

Allowing the weapon to exist as a type of precision weapon was something I had spent years clamoring for; however, the exact design choice they elected to make with the tuning process ended up creating a pretty ideal hybrid concept with superb sandbox balance.

In my opinion, any step back from this concept design in Infinite will be a massive mistake because it has allowed the AR to finally find its proper role and niche.
niche as what? a cheese blaster against unshielded enemies that requires a low amount of skill because "lol bullet hose"
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2