Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Halo: 5 Bad things and Good things

OP Hirakieal

When I first played Halo 5, I had a good feeling about it's gameplay and it was awesome. I Don't care about the tiny HuD from Spartan Lock because many gamers did made a complain regarding the fact that the Helmet Hud was badly made. But yet, I had fun and it wasn't boring compared to Halo 4.

Before I mention the bad things regarding Halo: 5, I will mention the good things regarding this video game.

Halo 4 was a huge disapointment because the game was badly made. The gameplay was highly boring, the recorded sound effects for cutscene were horrible and the designe of some weapon's were more than horrible but, the story was well made and that is why I forced myself to finish the game.

All those things has been fixed for Halo 5.

Halo 5: Guardians had several adjustement regarding the gameplay of Halo and many players thought it was a new Call of Duty game. But seriously, I loved it because it wasn't looking like Call of Duty at all but more like Something highly new and good for a Halo game. The graphics were just amazing and the cutscenes were even more. The story was highly good. The designe of the new spartan's were epic and bringing Buck in Team Osiris was a real good idea. I loved all those things and they are also the reason's why I considered Halo 5 has a good game but not as good as the previous ones from Bungie.

YET, there were things which I highly disliked regarding Halo 5 and one of those things is the title. 343i, why did you set a subtitle for Halo 5? It was totaly useless to set a subtitle to this game seriously.

A video game isn't a movie but a video game like it should always be. Yes, its fun to see that Halo 5 give the feeling that we are playing into a movie but, when it happen, you are forced to skip some parts like missions that should have been in the game and that is why we Don't play much as the Master Chief because the first character who appeared in the Video game movie like Halo style was Spartan Lock and that made things really complicated. You can't focus more on a secondary character than on the main character in a movie. That is why 343i shouldn't make Halo as a Video game movie style because it restrict many parts of the side story's. Many fans like me were disappointed just by the fact that we couldn't play as the Master Chief more than 3 mission's.

Now, the multiplayer! Same gameplay as we expected, good maps and good remake BUT, warzone is fun for a short time. 343i followed the EA way and because of that, it was boring and it gave the look of Something which it only focus on money more than a gift for the community. The matchmaking set up isn't good at all, at least, they should have add custom lobby section so other gamers could join without being forced to add the host as a friend. I know, they did that only for Halo 5 Forge on Windows 10 and that is another story. I won't complain regarding the design of some weapon's. Because 343i added the old look of some weapons into the game and it was the same for some armor set.

There is one last thing which it bothers me a lot…, the banning system for being afk and it's like 24 hours and more of waiting. This is more like stealing money from Gamers who PAID to play online. Now, everytime you are playing a game on the matchmaking, you have the feeling of being forced to play on it until the game is over. Seriously this is one of the worst things man kind ever created for video games and it's totaly annoying. Gamers are paying to play online, you Don't ban these gamers for quitting because this kind of thing has many different reasons regarding the fact that some players are quitting like exemple, rage quit, having some chores to do and ect.

I guess that's it, I will make a brand new topic for Halo 5 Forge App On Windows 10, bad things and good things.

Please, give your thougths.
Well, whether they made Halo 5 like a movie or not is irrelevant. People just want to play as Master Chief because that's who we, the players, are supposed to be. And 343i made the mistake of making him somewhat of a side character. Don't know what possessed them to do that, but they've learned from it.

I'll assume you're referring to Warzone Firefight when you say Warzone is boring since that definitely gets stale after a while. Can't say the same for regular Warzone cuz 12v12 games are hardly boring. Frustrating, quite often, but boring, no.

Your thoughts on the banning system are hilarious. Serial afk'ers and quitters are one of the worst parts of online gaming in general, and you don't want these people banned because they are paying customers? Mind you, these are the same people who continually make the online experience for other PAYING customers, people actually playing the game, a living hell by getting into matches and not doing anything. Get out of here with that nonsense. Kick those guys out of my games and stick in someone who wants to play. I wish they did get banned for 24 hours, but the banning system is far more lenient than that, unless of course you're one of those serial afk'ers or quitters.
"Gamers are paying to play online, you Don't ban these gamers for quitting because this kind of thing has many different reasons regarding the fact that some players are quitting like exemple, rage quit, having some chores to do and ect."

This really is the "modern" way of looking at things, I pay so it's my RIGHT to quit whenever and for whatever reason I have, no thought for other players (who by the way have also paid) I term this 'the only person in the universe view' ie I'm the only person in the universe so I can't be wrong or causing anyone else a problem as I'm the only person lol

The only reason for quiting a game is a loss of internet due to a power cut.
Hirakieal wrote:
they should have add custom lobby section so other gamers could join without being forced to add the host as a friend. I know, they did that only for Halo 5 Forge on Windows 10 and that is another story.
That's what the customs browser is for, despite the large amount of clan recruitments, open raids, and assassinations lobbies in there, it's not a bad way to play customs, although it's mosty just the same stuff but still, my point stands.
I understand the concerns and all. No one liked the major focus on Spartan Locke. Watching nightfall and the other stuff they put out, it all looks good. "Hyping" the story to come for this character was okay, but he was not interesting enough to take on the Chief. They built it up like this was "someone is going to die at the end" type thing but it was just a cracked glass then saviour.

Reuniting with Blue Team was awesome and they should have focused on that during the ADs. I think the campaign would have been better if the campaign mission count was flipped or at least 50/50.

The multiplayer, IMO in Halo 5, is still the best FPS I've played in a long while. With call of duty, it feels stiff compared to H5 to me. And H2A feels awesome mainly with the sound design.

I cannot remember much since I played the story only once since the game came out. I recently got back into Halo 5 and the MCC so I'm trying to refresh.

My points don't make sense really but just how I feel about the game.