Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Halo 5 Barely any Midnight Release Locations?

OP MIM Live

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
I haven't found anything about midnight release locations. Not even a google search. There are a few in Toronto but I remember when every Gamestop had a midnight launch for Halo 3. Were's all the buzz? Is there any reason why there's no information about it or maybe it's a little too early?
well if your Gamestops are like the ones in the nv area their midnight releases suck anyways so no point of going
Yep, my GameStop at which I attended the midnights for Battlefield 3, Halo 4 and Destiny (blech) said they're "not sure" if a midnight's happening.
Maybe there are just too few Xbox Ones owners out there, or they're too thinly distributed
Dunno about US but there is plenty here in the UK
Unless you live near a major city, I wouldn't count on there being one. Welcome to the digital age.
I think the stores need to have enough reserved copy's of the game to warrant a midnight release. Online pre-orders and digital downloads are becoming more and more common, so it's not surprising midnight releases are rarer.
Yep, my GameStop at which I attended the midnights for Battlefield 3, Halo 4 and Destiny (blech) said they're "not sure" if a midnight's happening.
Maybe there are just too few Xbox Ones owners out there, or they're too thinly distributed
I think it's because everyone is pre-ordering digitally now, on the xbox/ps4 dashboards.

My gamestop is doing a 9pm release on the 26th. To make sure everyone can pre download the disc and play at midnight the 27th.
They have been doing it that way for a while for every xbox one game.
Midnight release in the game room with the digital download! (:
I'm not sure if my Gamestop is doing it, I certainly hope they are because I want my game ASAP.
I guess it's because there are fewer preorders. I hope midnight launches don't become non-existent in the near future though. Previous halos got a close to a million or over preorders and halo 5 has maybe 500k right now so i guess that's why. On the upside, I'm going to a microsoft store in Toronto a day before release for a 4v4 tournament so i'm crazy hyped for that. I just wish we were back to those Halo 3 days where I remember watching the local news and seeing people in line for the game but yeah things have changed. Golden days I tell you.
MIM Live wrote:
I guess it's because there are fewer preorders. I hope midnight launches don't become non-existent in the near future though. Previous halos got a close to a million or over preorders and halo 5 has maybe 500k right now so i guess that's why. On the upside, I'm going to a microsoft store in Toronto a day before release for a 4v4 tournament so i'm crazy hyped for that. I just wish we were back to those Halo 3 days where I remember watching the local news and seeing people in line for the game but yeah things have changed. Golden days I tell you.
The preorder numbers aren't looking low at all.

http://www.vgchartz.com/preorders//
My gamestop outright told me that there were other, more bankable games getting midnight releases at around the same time and that they weren't sure if there would be a midnight release. My information is a good month outdated though, so I should probably give them a call and ask if they know yet.
If my gamestop has less than 25 people or so by 10:30/11 they will usually go ahead and give us our copies.
I've pre-ordered the LCE so I'm going to end up pre-downloading it, but I think I'll end up getting a physical copy near the end of the year
Could also be some serious hesitation after the launch of the Master Chief Collection.
Theres an entire thing with gs they need a certian number of pre orders, and, if they are like my local one, its actually expensive to have a midnight launch.
Granted they are giving it out at 9 most likely as im in cali. Lately a "midnight" release has been midnight on the east coast.
CrazyGrunt wrote:
MIM Live wrote:
The preorder numbers aren't looking low at all.

http://www.vgchartz.com/preorders//
You're right they look really good considering they only have data when Halo 5 was 11 weeks out. We are about 2 1/2 weeks out now and the numbers should be a ton higher when they update. I bet the ad campaign gave Halo a huge boost in preorders.
I believe that quite a few Best Buys will be doing midnight opens. Just saying there more than just GameStop to buys games. 24hour Walmarts are also an option.
Why midnight release...you have to install it then download the day-1 update which just ruins a midnight release. If you have 50 download then you'll be good in 30 minutes, but if you don't then RIP to your midnight release. Digital all the way
All the eb games here in my city. Calgary alberta. Have over 200 pre orders last i checked and that was last week. They said it was increasing every day.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3