1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
So im trying to settle a argument with my friend on which has a better payout in xp warzones or arenas? Im talking about base numbers without boosts. Im not saying which side im on so as to keep the answers objective
Depends.I would guess if you mean flat XP per round then i'm not sure how great a difference there would be, probably arena would be greater.
However if you're talking XP/hour (say) then probably WZFF since rounds are usually so much shorter.
I think they calculate XP on a point basis, more points, more XP. If that's the case both would be equal.
343 tried hard to promote Warzone microtransactions, most of case it’s better play Warzone if you want more XP for the same time consumed. I hate this.
skydogcom wrote:
343 tried hard to promote Warzone microtransactions, most of case it’s better play Warzone if you want more XP for the same time consumed. I hate this.
Just don't buy packs? Idk why people think it is pay-to-win or something because very few people buy packs since the rewarding reqs like air vehicles/lasers/legendary items/whiplashes appear very infrequently. I haven't dropped a dime on req packs.

XP though: I would say WZ and Arena are about the same rates without boosts, but stuff like infection and fiesta may be a bit more per hour since they are faster matches.
It's really tough to calculate. I would recommend you do your own experiment. I found that warzone does seem to give out a bit more but time wise it's really not that much more usually. You can get two and even sometimes three arena games in the time frame of one warzone game. I always always used boost because it seemed like a waste of time not to use them. I know I gained the majority of my XP in warzone.
A typical Warzone game that lasts 15-20 minutes pays out around 5-6k XP per game without boosts. On the Arena side, it depends on which game types you play. The one that pays out the least is SWAT (around 500-700 XP per game), which makes sense since games take the shortest amount of time (somewhere between 4-6 minutes). The one that pays out the most is Infection (around 4-5k per game), which makes sense since Infection games last longer than a typical Arena game.

In my own personal observations between Warzone XP payout and Arena XP payout, over the course of an hour, total payout between the two is more or less even. Warzone does payout more in the end, but it isn't by that much. The only way to take full advantage of Warzone's payout (specifically Firefight) in terms of time is to go in with a full squad and clear rounds as fast as possible (10-12 minutes). That's when Warzone starts being a better source of XP than Arena.
It’s always been my opinion that Warzone FF pays out the best per time played because you have the best odds of ranking at the top every match. Regardless, it’s close.
Akinola51 wrote:
It’s always been my opinion that Warzone FF pays out the best per time played because you have the best odds of ranking at the top every match. Regardless, it’s close.
Where you rank doesn't really matter all that much as long as you're not the towards the very bottom which assumes you didn't get very many kills or boss kills, but even then it's not all that big of a difference in XP.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
Akinola51 wrote:
Where you rank doesn't really matter all that much as long as you're not the towards the very bottom which assumes you didn't get very many kills or boss kills, but even then it's not all that big of a difference in XP.
Right but you get different point values for different kills at least you’re in control. You aren’t worried about an all or nothing team rank bonus like you are in regular Warzone and in Heroic Firefight you win probably 95% of the time.
Akinola51 wrote:
LUKEPOWA wrote:
Akinola51 wrote:
Right but you get different point values for different kills at least you’re in control. You aren’t worried about an all or nothing team rank bonus like you are in regular Warzone and in Heroic Firefight you win probably 95% of the time.
Heroic warzone firefight is probably the best mode to grind out XP because it is a low stress and chill mode. You can have some fun especially if you use those random req cards and have to change up your game play depending on what you get.
LethalQ wrote:
Akinola51 wrote:
LUKEPOWA wrote:
Akinola51 wrote:
Heroic warzone firefight is probably the best mode to grind out XP because it is a low stress and chill mode. You can have some fun especially if you use those random req cards and have to change up your game play depending on what you get.
I agree 100% but it can get really tedious
Whitedooom wrote:
skydogcom wrote:
Just don't buy packs? Idk why people think it is pay-to-win or something because very few people buy packs since the rewarding reqs like air vehicles/lasers/legendary items/whiplashes appear very infrequently. I haven't dropped a dime on req packs.

XP though: I would say WZ and Arena are about the same rates without boosts, but stuff like infection and fiesta may be a bit more per hour since they are faster matches.
You can check my Arena play time, if all dedicated to Warzone, I should’ve been 151-152 now. Warzone definitely has much better XP than 4v4 or 8v8 Slayer, but I don’t like Warzone settings so played it little.
skydogcom wrote:
Whitedooom wrote:
skydogcom wrote:

You can check my Arena play time, if all dedicated to Warzone, I should’ve been 151-152 now. Warzone definitely has much better XP than 4v4 or 8v8 Slayer, but I don’t like Warzone settings so played it little.
Most casual players get 152 closer to or right at 70 days played in game. Your 55 days even in WZ wouldn’t get you to max rank
So im trying to settle a argument with my friend on which has a better payout in xp warzones or arenas? Im talking about base numbers without boosts. Im not saying which side im on so as to keep the answers objective
I'm trying to figure out the most efficient way to gain XP as well. Ultimately, I mix it up between arena and WZFF.

Another question I had was as follows:

What REQ packs should I buy (Silver, Bronze, Gold, or the special legendary XP packs when they are on sale)?

I figure that the grind to 152 will have my XP boosts run out eventually. I was wondering the best "XP boost per REQ point spent" when that time comes. For now, I have 100 or so more legendary XP boosts (arena), and a bunch of random stuff for WZ.
Whitedooom wrote:
skydogcom wrote:
Whitedooom wrote:
skydogcom wrote:

Most casual players get 152 closer to or right at 70 days played in game. Your 55 days even in WZ wouldn’t get you to max rank
Sorry, I am not that casual.
skydogcom wrote:
Whitedooom wrote:
skydogcom wrote:
Whitedooom wrote:
skydogcom wrote:

Sorry, I am not that casual.
Ok so I'll concede a little. I averaged my xp and time from my last 7 games and used those numbers to make all your arena time into WZ time and xp then added it to your current WZ time played. This doesn't include xp boosts because I haven't used one in ages and I only had 1 loss in those 7 games, but all said and done you would have around 31.4m xp if all your current time was done in Warzone. I'm sure there's a +- of like 1m or so but I'll live with that.

And by casual I meant that most people who casually play 3 hrs or so at a time
J Teeps wrote:
I'm trying to figure out the most efficient way to gain XP as well. Ultimately, I mix it up between arena and WZFF.

What REQ packs should I buy (Silver, Bronze, Gold, or the special legendary XP packs when they are on sale)?I figure that the grind to 152 will have my XP boosts run out eventually. I was wondering the best "XP boost per REQ point spent" when that time comes. For now, I have 100 or so more legendary XP boosts (arena), and a bunch of random stuff for WZ.
Always buy the Legendary XP packs. I buy Gold packs solely for XP boosts & sell mostly everything else. After you get all the unlocks Gold packs essentially cost 4K because it gives you 6k back everytime.

I keep my REQ points at roughly 200k so I can buy the Legendary XP packs right away the next time they’re offered.
Akinola51 wrote:
J Teeps wrote:

What REQ packs should I buy (Silver, Bronze, Gold, or the special legendary XP packs when they are on sale)?I figure that the grind to 152 will have my XP boosts run out eventually. I was wondering the best "XP boost per REQ point spent" when that time comes. For now, I have 100 or so more legendary XP boosts (arena), and a bunch of random stuff for WZ.
Always buy the Legendary XP packs. I buy Gold packs solely for XP boosts & sell mostly everything else. After you get all the unlocks Gold packs essentially cost 4K because it gives you 6k back everytime.

I keep my REQ points at roughly 200k so I can buy the Legendary XP packs right away the next time they’re offered.
How often are the legendary packs available? And how do the gold packs compare to the legendary packs, per REQ spent?

Thanks in advance.
Slight plug but it is relevant to the discussion so hopefully I don't get any backlash for this but I've got a series on my YT channel talking about this exact thing, it's still on going and I've only covered 5 playlists but I plan to get them all done eventually, even the rotationals
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLGxQnH_gS1TaRkJZcjqPcEmp5GHeOZ1Y5
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2