[Locked] Halo 5 Beta Feedback Thread

OP AUB0RN

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 241
Halo 5's servers are online which means that the beta is live. Feel free to provide some of your feedback here so that 343i can make the best Halo experience possible.

Update: I created a thread that outlines possible changes 343i could make to Halo 5's Multiplayer based on feedback you've provided. Feel free to check it out.
Struggling to find a game, could just be the level of people trying to get on it, i find people but it then kicks me out, restarted the game and seems to be working...
stuck in a lobby. and no way to back out kinda sucks.
Just finished my first game. 21 kills and only 4 deaths. The game is really fun.
ok finally got into a single game. why am i playing call of duty? i thought this was halo. the constant chatter from your team mates is distracting at first until i tuned it out. then gun play wise i had the same feeling while playing cod ghosts where if im already getting shot i might as well stop moving because i am going to die anyways.
get rid of sprint and ads and itll be awesome
Get rid of ads, killcam and the annoying new sounds
Implement the option to turn off vibration. Get rid of Spartan Rank or this game will die as fast as Halo 4 did. Just take Halo 2 or 3 ranking system and it will revive the community. The rest is looking good so far. Kids saying 'this isn't Halo anymore' should stop living in the past, you have MCC for that (when its working lol). Halo 5 will be something fresh and new and that's good. Just take care of what I said before.
Implement the option to turn off vibration. Get rid of Spartan Rank or this game will die as fast as Halo 4 did. Just take Halo 2 or 3 ranking system and it will revive the community. The rest is looking good so far. Kids saying 'this isn't Halo anymore' should stop living in the past, you have MCC for that (when its working lol). Halo 5 will be something fresh and new and that's good. Just take care of what I said before.
Couldn't agree more. What made Halo 2 and 3 so popular was its competitive multiplayer which ranked based on skill, making people want to play longer and harder to be the best. I don't see what's so hard to do what Bungie did with Halo 3 toward the end. To combine the old ranking system with an experienced-based one where everyone is happy, instead of just the the experience-base one where all the super competitive, old school players will get bored with it and quit, just like Halo 4.
- The lighting in the player customization screen is awful
- Long load times (some feel pretty arbitrary, like when backing out of matchmaking.)
- Fine-scale movement feels pretty mushy.
- Sounds great, call outs well implemented.
- Shield-recharge disable for using sprint seems rather excessive (strongly reduce charge rate instead, as it is you can very easily keep your shields from ever regenerating if you don't hunker down between fights. That takes a lot of focus away from the rest of gameplay. There should be some additional cost to using sprint defensively, not using it under any circumstance.)
- SMG's seem rather underpowered (even on these small maps).
- Sniper Rifles spawns are rather dull (just about any other weapon would be more interesting. It now feels like something that's best kept to BTB.)
- Kill cams should be optional.

- A lot has been done to make Halo core gameplay better (much better) but there's still something lacking about the maps. Intricate, yes and well designed (even found myself liking Midship 2.0, I really wasn't expecting that) but now more than ever the lack of dynamic map elements (on straight-forward arena maps) is dragging the rest of gameplay down. It could be so much more interesting if there was another class of thing to fight for besides power weapons, but as is Halo 5 feels a little one-dimensional. Its fun, but fun of a sort that's only the near-perfect refinement of what we've been playing for years. With just one more step it could be something even richer.
The contoller layouts are aids
Get rid of ads, killcam and the annoying new sounds
agree but you for got sprint
Wish I could help, but can't select a playlist. Red triangle. I slowly start to lose my patience after being defending for the cause for so long.
dont for get call outs that has to go
I seem to be having issues.

My brother and I are both on the same X1 and he can't join my fire team unless I invite him. It's really unusual. I know this is a beta so I hope you can fix this before it's released.

Other issues I'd like to report:

1- MM aborted message keeps popping, I'm curious as t what's going on.

2- Can't change the service tag: When I change it, it resets back to what it was before.

3- This is a nit pick but the color options look way t dark it would be nice to get better lighting on the Spartan Hub.

Finally I'd like to say that Halo4 was a big downer on my part because no Elites were playable, I'd like to ask that you should consider this as an option when the game is released.

I hope to get some gaming in this soon. Thank!
I think they should get rid of the kill cam. That pisses me off. I want to be able to tee bag people after I kill them and them to be forced to watch it!!!

dont for get call outs that has to go
Simply put: -Yoink- that. When I don't have to rely on people deciding to use a mic and using it to communicate pertinent information (and if you think that's a safe bet then you surely haven't played any shooter on XBL since 2006. The Pre-COD 4/Halo 3 era was the only time I've experience that communication was more than -Yoinking!- unheard of) because of a gameplay feature its absolutely insupportable that you want it gone.
played two matches so far to let roommate play. i still feel as if the weapons are unbalanced. is there a splitscreen option im not seeing or something?
For us It was horrific, not a good experience, it was not fun to play, maps where ugly, weapons and spartan abilitys felt dodgy, poor resolution 1280x720 so we uninstalled after two games.

Sorry for been so blunt but thats our opinion
I am having a good time so far (I have only played two games), but when I switched to Bumper Jumper and got into a game I tried to thrust with the stick and clamber with with the a button, as if it was Advanced Warfare. That for me is a clear sign that this game doesn't feel like Halo, I tried to play it like a different game series.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 241