2. ...
  3. 137
  4. 138
  5. 139
  6. 140
  7. 141
  8. ...
  9. 241
Please make it so that there is a more familiar controller layout for us to use, You're running out of buttons to the point where you need to press x to sprint in the recon control scheme.

Also please remove all unnecessary features that clog up button usage like ADS and thruster packs, that stuff isn't what made halo fun in the past games, if you are reading this the you can clearly see that most of the community want the old style of matchmaking back again from halo 2 and 3.

If a member of 343 does see this thread and these comments, please act on the matter as we are suggesting things that the community want so that the next innovation of the series isn't a complete flop.
Been playing Halo since Day One of CE, and I have got to admit I have not play this competitively since Halo 2, I do see some of those elements coming back such as equal starts and map control as well as seeing new mechanics such as "Smart Scope" and "Spartan Abilities" add a new but familiar experience in the Halo 5 Beta,

So far I am enjoying it and with tweaks here and there Halo 5:Gurdians may yet be the best Halo game ever.

If you are looking to play some of the BETA or MCC my GT is XenNinja.
Ok, Here is my brief feedback so far after playing 30+ games.

- The end game animations are silly, Spartans are suppose to be discipline soldiers and show no emotion on the battlefield.

- Assault Rifle is FAR too over-powered, I understand that they are a beast at close range but when zoomed in if the target is long range, The AR is pretty much an automatic DMR. I think the accuracy needs to be toned down when zoomed in.

- I find weapon pick-up is a bit too slow, Needs to be more snappy and quicker. An weapon icon when stood over a weapon would be nice. I cannot count how many times I've accidentally picked up a weapon when I didn't mean to just because I wanted to swap out for a sniper rifle.

- Text are too small and difficult to read, Needs to be more bigger/sharper.

- Should not be able to lock-on/lunge with a sword while sprinting

- On the map "Truth" it needs more power weapons, Ideally something to counter the sword.

- Killcam is broken and useless, It is always out of sync and whenever I see how I die it seems that the player that killed me was not even aiming towards me, Either fix it and make it useful or remove it all together.

- The Spartan Hub menu is too dark, Cannot see colours when customizing because the menu is that dark.

- Option to disable controller vibration.

- Can't back out of player searching by pressing B button, Have to reboot the game all together. Really annoying when a member of a party drops out.

- Zooming on Sniper Rifle needs to be quicker.

- DMR scope is too bulky when zoomed in, Needs to be slimmer and the lighting glare on the scope is really annoying.

- Clamber needs tweaking, Should be able to carry on sprinting immediately after finishing a climbing.

- The Spartan's voices are useful at times such as if they secure a power weapon or if there is an enemy in a certain area but it can be really annoying when they are just giving out useless information such as picking up a DMR or complimenting on a head shot with a pistol. I'd like to see an option to either have the voices full, limited or turned off.

- The ranking system needs to be tweaked, It is really irritating if you're on the losing team but if you're the top player of the losing team that got a positive K/D raito and get de-ranked.

- The amount of medals being rewarded is ridiculous! Ease off on rewarding me medals for performing basic kills with grenades or scoring a "perfect" kill with a DMR/BR

That's all I have for feedback for now, Will return and give out more when more playlist becomes available.
The game is great, I love it.

Yet I faced three very minor issues :

1. My armor is of an untextured pink if I open the Spartan Hub during the post-game screen.
  2. My assault rifle crosshair sometimes doesn't show (even if I press Y twice).
  3. My HUD once took 10 seconds to show after I spawned
Keep up the good work ! :)
After several hours of play my biggest issues are that the melee seems to have no lunge, at least not when I need it, this has killed me countless times, also hit recognition sometimes seems to break.
Nerf the -Yoinking!- guns and end flinch
Assault rifle is too strong, flinching is crazy, weapon pick up is so slow. This game has potential though!
Here are a couple things I noticed thus far.

Suggestions:
  • Spartan charge should be an instant kill
  • AR needs to be less effective at medium range.
  • Shield resistance needs to be increased, in previous Halo games you always had a fighting chance even if someone got the drop on you. Currently it feels like whoever get s the jump wins the bout.
  • Kill cams are way out of sync
Besides the aforementioned list I am enjoying this new Halo 5 and I look forward to watching it progress as well as getting my hands on some larger maps to spread the field and get some legit sniper kills.
The beta is pretty awesome considering how far away from release date it is. Some things I've noticed after a couple days and a few matches:

-I really like clamber and thrust! Those who complain about how it removes the skill gap have no idea what they are talking about. There are plenty of jumps and manuvers I've seen people do using clamber/thrust, that I personally have yet to accomplish. It takes a great deal of skill and timing to use those tools in such a manner.

-The flinch is very irritating. You don't need to get rid of it entirely but at least tone it down. Make it so it only de-scopes me from my AR/BR/DMR after a certain amount of damage has been done to my person. Or, since you seem set on removing it completely already, you can do that too.

-The environment art is lovely... but on Truth I can't see the other team. This is a big problem for me, especially since there are no gamma/lighting options in this beta(obviously the game will have these options). If my team and I are Red, I have incredible difficulty discerning if I just saw an enemy Spartan or if my eyes are freaking out and playing tricks on me. This is a legitimate source of concern and irritation for me and some people I play with. The Red team stands out just fine on the red tower. You can cross map scope and have no trouble picking out what is background and what is the other team - if you're Blue. But when we're playing as Red, it's REALLY HARD to tell them apart from the rest of the map 70% of the time! (No I don't need glasses, I'm not sitting 10 feet from my screen etc :)) The map is almost entirely blue or a blue-purple; we know this is typical of Covenant ships. My suggestion is to make the environment slightly more purple and less blue-slanted so the blue team stands out more. OR make the blue team color brighter? Or adjust the lighting somehow. I don't know the specifics of the model and maths involved, but please try to do something about this.

-Prophets Bane is absurdly bright. You don't need to make it boring and bland! Just turn down the glowing a teensy bit. The shields on top-mid are also very bright, and could be toned down a tiniest amount(though those I dont really mind). The glow of the sword just fills up the whole screen and makes it painfully hard to see anything else because of the high contrast and glow. A suggestion would be to just turn the glowing and brightness of the gold down a notch or two and it would be perfect.

-Enable us to have custom control settings! Please. I completely understand the desire for "Fairness" in official tournaments/qualifiers/etc! But let the rest of us who just play for fun with our friends to have custom settings! Please, please? I can't tell you how incredibly frustrating it is to have a control scheme available to me that only makes half-sense to my brain with how I want to use my hands in coordination with my eyes. The default is nearly perfect for me, but the thrust being on B is just all wrong feeling - I want it to be crouch/slide. But I can't do that unless I choose some other, terribly drastically different scheme for the sticks/bumpers. Thus far I've dealt with it, but it's honestly very frustrating to tap the B button and go scooting to the side when I wanted to crouch. Some peoples response will be 'just adjust to the different scheme and you'll be fine', but the problem is I'm not one of those people who can bounce back and forth between controller settings very easily. It takes me weeks to re-learn how to play different games sometimes. And frankly, that's just not fun when I'm trying to sprint about and have fun with my friends in Halo after a long day of working.

My suggestion for this is make a separate tournament focused side of the UI, I don't really know how to describe what I mean because I'm not a developer, nor a programmer. But I do know it's entirely possible to have it in such a way that tournaments can use a slightly different version of the game - where custom controller settings are not allowed. And for 'open tournaments' like the Halo 4 global championship, do the same. For those playlists/tournament qualifier type games, simply have the requirement that the controller settings be on a pre-set and not a custom. It can be done, please at least consider it. It's nearly 2015 - custom controller settings would be an amazing gift to give the rest of us who don't/can't do tournaments and/or just want to have fun. The community at large has been asking for this for a while. Please consider.

-Hitmarkers! In videos of the 'alpha'/beta before public release, there were audio hitmarkers for when you got headshots. Those have since been removed because they irritated pro-players. I was actually really excited there would be an audio cue. :/ The visual hitmarkers really don't do very much for me at all. They sincerely don't. I suspect I'm not the only person who experiences this too. My brain just bypasses the visual signal entirely in priority of other information. The games are very fast paced and a lot happens in the span of a couple seconds. My request is to add in audio hitmarkers again. Make it opt in and opt out. Those who don't want them don't have to have them turned on. Those who would appreciate them as an audible signal that they're getting headshots in a sticky/fast situation can have them. Some of us may find we respond much better to an audio cue than a visual one - some people are just like that. Please make this an optional opt in/opt out toggle option.

-Weapon pickups aren't very obvious. For my first several matches I had a great deal of difficulty finding any weapons other than those I spawned with. I simply couldn't figure out where the 'press button to pick up weapon' signal was. That and they were snatched by other teammates. :P Just make this more obvious please. Make it larger, bolder, in the middle of the screen, etc. It needs to be obvious you just ran over a weapon that you can pick up. I found it less than obvious.

P.S. Thanks for making the female model actually look like a female and not an emaciated boy!

EDIT: I love fireteam call outs and the voices! Makes everything much nicer - especially if XBL is having party issues and my friends' voices glitch out. I can still hear their Spartans doing callouts and letting me know what is happening, and where. Please keep. Add options for us to choose which voice our Spartan uses maybe? Similar to what Reach had? We earn/can buy voices over time and rank? This would be great for being able to tell each Spartan apart by voice specifically! I'm generally the only female in my group, so I'm not hard to pick out. But the rest of my friends all sound more or less the same to me. It would be great if I knew a specific voice was attached to a specific Spartan!
Dont know if this was intentional, but the whole "control power weapons to dominate the enemy team" doesn't work out if there are three spawned and in use prophets banes! likewise with the sniper rifle of empire. If it is going to be "controlled" then you have to despawn the spares.
Ok, Here is my brief feedback so far after playing 30+ games.

- The end game animations are silly, Spartans are suppose to be discipline soldiers and show no emotion on the battlefield.

- Assault Rifle is FAR too over-powered, I understand that they are a beast at close range but when zoomed in if the target is long range, The AR is pretty much an automatic DMR. I think the accuracy needs to be toned down when zoomed in.

- I find weapon pick-up is a bit too slow, Needs to be more snappy and quicker. An weapon icon when stood over a weapon would be nice. I cannot count how many times I've accidentally picked up a weapon when I didn't mean to just because I wanted to swap out for a sniper rifle.

- Text are too small and difficult to read, Needs to be more bigger/sharper.

- Should not be able to lock-on/lunge with a sword while sprinting

- On the map "Truth" it needs more power weapons, Ideally something to counter the sword.

- Killcam is broken and useless, It is always out of sync and whenever I see how I die it seems that the player that killed me was not even aiming towards me, Either fix it and make it useful or remove it all together.

- The Spartan Hub menu is too dark, Cannot see colours when customizing because the menu is that dark.

- Option to disable controller vibration.

- Can't back out of player searching by pressing B button, Have to reboot the game all together. Really annoying when a member of a party drops out.

- Zooming on Sniper Rifle needs to be quicker.

- DMR scope is too bulky when zoomed in, Needs to be slimmer and the lighting glare on the scope is really annoying.

- Clamber needs tweaking, Should be able to carry on sprinting immediately after finishing a climbing.

- The Spartan's voices are useful at times such as if they secure a power weapon or if there is an enemy in a certain area but it can be really annoying when they are just giving out useless information such as picking up a DMR or complimenting on a head shot with a pistol. I'd like to see an option to either have the voices full, limited or turned off.

- The ranking system needs to be tweaked, It is really irritating if you're on the losing team but if you're the top player of the losing team that got a positive K/D raito and get de-ranked.

- The amount of medals being rewarded is ridiculous! Ease off on rewarding me medals for performing basic kills with grenades or scoring a "perfect" kill with a DMR/BR

That's all I have for feedback for now, Will return and give out more when more playlist becomes available.
ummmm there's a difference between personal wants and crying about what you think should change. And actual feedback and bug reports. Everything you noted were personal preferences. Go ask your mom the difference, she's not behind a screen and you won't talk back to her like you are going to do to me in a minute
Having played some more today i can definitely say the game seems too dark.

The Spartan customization screen is barely visible and finding weapons, particularly on Truth is actually quite difficult..
Is it just me or is it irritating when when you get stuck with a novice team and you are penalized when you lose even though you had the most kills on the team and sometimes in the game. IMO the guy at the top of the losing leader board should stay neutral not go negative in skill rank just because his/her teammates decided not to communicate or use their radar. (I didn't post this to bash beginner players either, if anything I'd rather play with them because they don't complain as much).

Shoulder charge really needs some adjustment too. It feels too weak for the momentum you need and the sound it makes when used.

I also noticed that the players you teamed with are not always on your team. I'm not sure if that's a bug or not.

It would be awesome if you guys could implement a custom controll setting too. I think it would fix a lot of issues with crouch, dash and ground-pound.

The spartan hub does feel a little dark.

I understand that this is a very early release for a beta and I again am very much appreciative to have the chance to play the game so soon. Thanks 343!

P.S. the soundtrack is killer!
Field of View seems like it needs adjusting.
The Prophets Bane takes up too much of the screen when equipped.
Balancing issues, I've found most of my games end in a landslide regardless of whether I'm on the winning or losing team, the worst I've seen is like 50-4.
Assault Rifle feels a little too powerful.
Some weapon ranges need to be adjusted.
Smart Scope is too accurate on the Assault Rifle.
When you stop sprinting with no Shields, it seems to take quite a while for the shields to actually start regenerating.

That's about all my negative thoughts are at the moment, actually enjoying sprint (shockingly enough) the new movement is fluid and the pacing is so much faster which is lovely.
A couple of initial thoughts and this is based on thinking through how Halo 5 will work in a LAN environment. That's primarily how my friends and I will play.

1) Provide a toggle for callouts. I think it's an awesome idea to have them when you're playing online and no one is talking. But when we play over LAN, there are 6-8 of us. We're constantly talking and pointing out where stuff is. If we had to hear the game saying the same stuff, we'd quit talking. Communicating on the teams is what helps one side do better than the other. Plus, it's fun to needle someone for friendly fire or accidental grenade tossing.

2) Power weapon heads up. If you can make this configurable that would be ideal. It's more challenging to run the timer in your head. Plus, you never know when the rocket is up and you can call it out to your teammates. Teams that communicate do better. I get that online with randoms that may not happen so it's another equalizer. But for LAN gaming, I think we'd prefer it to be an option and we'd turn it off. On the plus side, it's great for learning where the weapons will spawn when first playing the map. There's nothing wrong with that either. My only ask is to make it configurable.

3) Make Halo 5 LAN supported where not everyone needs an Xbox Live license. I can't stress that enough. We have 4 Xbox 360s in a garage for LAN gaming, plus almost everyone has one at home. However, not everyone that plays has Xbox Live. We have 4 who have an Xbox Live Gold account but out of the 8 of us that get together once a week there are times when one out of 4 with Xbox Live Gold accounts cannot make it. As a result, if you go with the MasterChief LAN implemenation, only 3 out of 4 consoles would work. That's unacceptable. I bought a family Xbox Live subscription in the past to resolve this issue, but that has gone away now. For the 360 / original Xbox we could play on LAN without requiring Xbox Live Gold accounts on all of the consoles. If we're going to upgrade to the Xbox One this can't be an issue. At the price points we're at for the new consoles and extra Xbox Live Gold accounts, we'll continue on the 360 playing Reach.

Thank you for your time
Forgot to mention Brightness Settings, a must have.
I just had an amazing game getting 21 kills and 13 assists, but i got a performance decrease?!?!?!
The Ranking system is broken. I've seen several people on Onyx with hardly any wins, hardly any games played, shoddy KDA well in the minus and I'm stuck in paragon or whatever it is.

It's simply broken.
After some more time playing the beta, I have encountered a few more minor issues.
  • If killcams are staying they need to be fixed, they firstly are too short to give any context on how you died and often will show footage after you the player have died.
  • I am not sure if it is me but weapon switching feels slower in Halo 5 than previous Halo games and should be increased.
  • On top of this zooming for weapons I feel should be a tad faster than it currently is.
Really enjoying the beta so far and I am looking forward to the new content next week.
To me the beta seems fine so far for Week 1.

My only issues are:

Grenades seem to be delayed for throwing. By the time I throw a plasma grenade the person has walked out of the way of it

There seems to be an odd lunge case. In the fact that sometimes when the sword marker is red it won't lunge, and I have been melee lunge killed with a pistol and an assault rifle so far. I am unsure if they are meant to have lunge or not.

Also as Keturah said:
KeturahVII wrote:

-The environment art is lovely... but on Truth I can't see the other team. This is a big problem for me, especially since there are no gamma/lighting options in this beta(obviously the game will have these options). If my team and I are Red, I have incredible difficulty discerning if I just saw an enemy Spartan or if my eyes are freaking out and playing tricks on me. This is a legitimate source of concern and irritation for me and some people I play with. The Red team stands out just fine on the red tower. You can cross map scope and have no trouble picking out what is background and what is the other team - if you're Blue. But when we're playing as Red, it's REALLY HARD to tell them apart from the rest of the map 70% of the time! (No I don't need glasses, I'm not sitting 10 feet from my screen etc :)) The map is almost entirely blue or a blue-purple; we know this is typical of Covenant ships. My suggestion is to make the environment slightly more purple and less blue-slanted so the blue team stands out more. OR make the blue team color brighter? Or adjust the lighting somehow. I don't know the specifics of the model and maths involved, but please try to do something about this.
I also do find it hard to see Blue team on Truth. From long and medium range they blend in rather well with the arena. Only being exposed on the top floor by the Prophet's Bane spawn or anywhere in Red area. The map should either be a different kind of blue or perhaps purple. Or blue team should stick out a little more either via armour colour change or lighting alterations.

The other thing that seems a tad confusing is the Ground Pound. It seems odd to have the not able to hit target as red. And the able to land or hit a target is white. It seems like there could have been another colour for either the landing or able to hit someone
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 137
  4. 138
  5. 139
  6. 140
  7. 141
  8. ...
  9. 241