I must admit, I love the beta!
But here is my feedback ..
- I would like for the pistol-hit noise to be less high-pitched! It is a screeching sound - combined with the sounds of the lacking shield etc, it becomes a symphony of high-pitch screeching! ..
- The AR seems a bit buffed, way more than what I anticipated ..
- The SMG is just pure awesome and almost impossible to survive at close range ..
- The lack of Covenant Weapons is a bit sad .. Hopefully those will show up later!
- The customization page is a bit too dark - I can hardly see my Spartan! >_< ..
- The Zoom om the Sniper Rifle feels awkward and less smooth than the other Halo titles, so I would love to see that changed! ..
- When people leave matchmaking, the game often freezes in that state, only way to get out is to reset ..
- The armor abilities work like a freakin' charm! Wonderful addition to the game!
- And lastly .. I absolutely love that Spartans talk! - However, they should work a little on the timing of some of the dialogues! ..
I have a hard time understanding why people say this isn't Halo .. It's a new version of the same game .. H2's focus on power-weapons is back, the balance is near-perfect .. The fact that everyone has the same abilities is wonderful! .. Spartans talking makes me feel like I'm actually in the game, instead of just playing it - immersion = awesome .. Sprinting works extremely well with the Armor Abilities, so no complaints there .. It's easy to jump into, very hard to master .. Just like Halo used to be ..
Obviously there are a lot of annoyances, but this is a beta, it's "supposed" to be filled with bugs etc for creators to fix!
Honestly, I am having almost waay too much fun playing it! (:
Can't wait to see the full game in action! :)
So for the first few hours of the Beta, even with bugs .. I give it a 9/10!