3. 49
  4. 50
  5. 51
  6. 52
  7. 53
  8. ...
  9. 241
MetabeeKBT wrote:
when you use the LT to look down the sights and u get hit the site goes away. game needs a setting so it stays up no matter want until i let go of LT.

No, this is a gameplay mechanic that's been here since Halo CE. If they had a setting to get rid of it, everyone else would have a huge advantage.
if everyone has it its no different than if we didn't have it, i cant aim properly when the screen is jumping back and forth like that its annoying.
halo is clearly dead.
gaming itself is dead.
when id rather play nba jam on my phone something is wrong...got xbox one cod- destiny- mcc-halo 5 and gta 5 only game worth playing is gta5 for the simple fun factor. pvp games are just dead anyone can kill anyone no skill involved pure trash. and not one game is fully playable they all still have massive issues just working. best part of xbox one is h2c that itself was worth the money to me so i can't complain to much. and one more thing all next gen graphics are terrible slight step above the 360 mabe 10% lol sorry for rant just kinda disappointing. competitive gameplay is pretty much gone games are made now so all skill lvl people are able to compete and get kills so companies make more money 90% of the community would not buy all these new games if there where skill based thats why cod has always sold more copies then halo
Halo is FAR from dead...
DKN117 wrote:
"There was an unexpected issue with the Halo servers. Please try again soon."

"EXCUSE US
We've encountered a problem and couldn't join you to the game. Please try again."

"EXCUSE US
We've encountered a problem and couldn't join you to the game. Please try again."

"EXCUSE US

"EXCUSE US

"EXCUSE US

"EXCUSE US

"EXCUSE US

I downloaded the Beta at around 1:45PM (US Pacific Time), and I haven't actually gotten to play even a single match yet.
Welcome to a beta.
Get rid of the gameplay mechanic which prevents you from aiming while receiving fire and you will have a flawless game
Please 343i don't listen to this. That was what ruined past Halo's. It is much more balanced when you get descoped when shot.
MetabeeKBT wrote:
MetabeeKBT wrote:
when you use the LT to look down the sights and u get hit the site goes away. game needs a setting so it stays up no matter want until i let go of LT.

No, this is a gameplay mechanic that's been here since Halo CE. If they had a setting to get rid of it, everyone else would have a huge advantage.

if everyone has it its no different than if we didn't have it, i cant aim properly when the screen is jumping back and forth like that its annoying.
That's the idea. It's meant to screw you up so the ones with better aim come out on top.
So I've played 6 games so far. Already got use to the controls so I don't know why people complain about them, you will get use to them. As for the game play, -Yoink-. I dont think it's Halo, I know they're trying to move on and put in new, fresh game mechanics but it isn't Halo and feels like Destiny/Cod. The graphics are -Yoink- considering this is meant to be a next gen Halo, looks just like Halo 4 and yeah, I know it's a beta but halo 3's beta looked EXACTLY the same as the final product don't bs like they're gonna change the graphics drastically. Just can't get into it, they've made it too competitive and for me, lost that fun side in halo and basically waiting for the power weapons to spawn. There's no fun side like in halo 3

This is just my opinion, I love Halo and will definitely play the campaign even though the new game mechanics and weapon zooms in my opinion are pointless and stupid but oh well.
Get rid of the gameplay mechanic which prevents you from aiming while receiving fire and you will have a flawless game

Please 343i don't listen to this. That was what ruined past Halo's. It is much more balanced when you get descoped when shot.
Agreed
I must admit, I love the beta!
But here is my feedback ..
  • I would like for the pistol-hit noise to be less high-pitched! It is a screeching sound - combined with the sounds of the lacking shield etc, it becomes a symphony of high-pitch screeching! ..
  • The AR seems a bit buffed, way more than what I anticipated ..
  • The SMG is just pure awesome and almost impossible to survive at close range ..
  • The lack of Covenant Weapons is a bit sad .. Hopefully those will show up later!
  • The customization page is a bit too dark - I can hardly see my Spartan! >_< ..
  • The Zoom om the Sniper Rifle feels awkward and less smooth than the other Halo titles, so I would love to see that changed! ..
  • When people leave matchmaking, the game often freezes in that state, only way to get out is to reset ..
  • The armor abilities work like a freakin' charm! Wonderful addition to the game!
  • And lastly .. I absolutely love that Spartans talk! - However, they should work a little on the timing of some of the dialogues! ..
I have a hard time understanding why people say this isn't Halo .. It's a new version of the same game .. H2's focus on power-weapons is back, the balance is near-perfect .. The fact that everyone has the same abilities is wonderful! .. Spartans talking makes me feel like I'm actually in the game, instead of just playing it - immersion = awesome .. Sprinting works extremely well with the Armor Abilities, so no complaints there .. It's easy to jump into, very hard to master .. Just like Halo used to be ..
Obviously there are a lot of annoyances, but this is a beta, it's "supposed" to be filled with bugs etc for creators to fix!
Honestly, I am having almost waay too much fun playing it! (:
Can't wait to see the full game in action! :)

So for the first few hours of the Beta, even with bugs .. I give it a 9/10!
I don't understand why people is complaining about the descope when they receive any kind of damage. That's the way Halo has been since the beginning, why it would change?

Edit: If you don't like it, just go and play CoD. Problem solved c:
SonicHugs wrote:
Hi everyone. I'm loving the game but I'm having trouble understanding the ranking system. I'm seeing people on gold and I've checked their stats and they seem to only have won 5 games and their K.D is negative. I asked my friend what happened after a cetrain amount of games and he said his rank went straight to gold. Is this normal? Also I had to start from bronze and work my way up which took ages. I'm now on sliver 2 halfway and no matter how many games I win ( like 7 win steak) my ranking bar thingy refuses to go up.

The ranking seems broken to me.
Game is not broken, your rank shows how well you did on your last 10 games, if you been kickin -Yoink- you could land on higher rank right away and also loose it.
AR and SMG get stomped on at mid range by the BR and DMR once the latter actually land shots and descope them, so land your shots instead of complaining you died.

We're playing two CQB maps with little room for longer range weapons to shine, so yes, the SMG and AR will come out on top most of the time.
I played a few games. It is definitely the start of a new Halo. I mean that in a great way. It caters to ADS players and the classic Halo players as well. My only things I noticed that need tweaked is that the AR seems like it is on roids. I mean it seems like people are passing up DMR's and BR's too much. I also don't like how I cannot back out of a lobby.

Having said that, I'm hardcore Halo but I felt like a noob at first. I'm settling and getting comfortable again, but I am definitely liking what the future holds. Empire is a great map.
Riy 456 wrote:
what is the point of the performance bar ?
Not sure if it's the same, but in H2A Forge there is a performance bar that let's you know when you are getting screen lag (ie. the system is having trouble rendering the game).
I just want to play FireFight...
Just a few things I feel I should voice my opinion on.

Firstly, like many others, it doesn't feel like Halo to me. Like if it wasn't for the map looking very covenant and the fact that you kept the design of the assault rifle the same, then I would have a hard time recognizing what I'm seeing and playing as being Halo.

And yes, change is good, and things need to evolve to stay relevant, but my issue with a lot of these changes is that theres a lot of sudden, drastic changes that completely changes how the game plays, and its only over the course of 1 game. From Halo 1 to 4 (and reach), changes were smaller, more gradual, and didn't change the way the game feels. And, to be honest, none of these changes are new or innovative to the gaming community. Aiming down sights has been a staple function of many FPS series for a long time now, and not having ADS is one of the strong points of Halo's difference. ADS is fine for other games, but sometimes its nice to go on Halo and just fire an assault rifle and hit someone. If people want ADS then they should go play a game with ADS and leave Halo to be Halo.

So some things I would like to see changed:

-Removing the team callouts ("taking fire", "throwing grenade") or at least having the option to turn it off. For some, (including myself) it becomes irritating very quickly, especially when your in a firefight and it becomes an incoherent chorus of people yelling.

-Removing ADS from non-scoped weapons, and making scoped weapons properly scoped. When I use a battle rifle, I wan't to zoom in and have my HUD turn into the scope point of view, not look down the gun through a hologram. When I use an assault rifle, I want to be able to fire and hit my target without having to zoom in

-Change the way scopes work to the way they did in Halo 4. One of my favorite changes in Halo 4 was the change so that when your zoomed in you don't get zoomed out when you get shot. This is especially important if you keep ADS in, since having to keep zooming back in completely ruins any chance of fighting back.

-Reduce (or remove) how much the player "fliches" when getting shot. I get throwing off my aim a bit when taking fire, but right now in H5 its like my spartan is having a seizure when taking fire. Its impossible to return fire and hope to hit anything when my spartan is flailing around.

Also one tiny complaint:
Why is the shield alarm / sheild recharge sound completely different? I know its just a sound, but its been almost identical in every game since CE. Its distinct, and immediately recognizable and identifiable as belonging to Halo. Remember, its all the little things that add up to create the experience.

It feels to me a bit like 343 is trying to win over the next generation of gamers, but at the cost of the long term fans of the series. There needs to be a balance of keeping things new and interesting for the new players while keeping enough of the core Halo experience to keep the longer term players equally as happy.
No offense, but you're ridiculously nitpicky. To the extent where I HOPE 343 don't listen to your complaints, because it'll ruin the game. If you want things to stay the same, play the old Halos. The Master Chief Collection was made so that people would be able to live in the past.
The Shield recharge sound was also different in Halo 4 FYI,

Plus, you want Halo 4 aiming with no descope? For someone complaining about it not feeling Halo anymore I do find it strange for you to complain about something they reverted back to the old ways.

Plus "Next generation of gamers"? Seriously? I cringed reading that. This is far from being newcomer friendly than Halo 4 ever was. It actually has the competitive edge back. Something that has been lost since 3.
Just a few things I feel I should voice my opinion on.

Firstly, like many others, it doesn't feel like Halo to me. Like if it wasn't for the map looking very covenant and the fact that you kept the design of the assault rifle the same, then I would have a hard time recognizing what I'm seeing and playing as being Halo.

And yes, change is good, and things need to evolve to stay relevant, but my issue with a lot of these changes is that theres a lot of sudden, drastic changes that completely changes how the game plays, and its only over the course of 1 game. From Halo 1 to 4 (and reach), changes were smaller, more gradual, and didn't change the way the game feels. And, to be honest, none of these changes are new or innovative to the gaming community. Aiming down sights has been a staple function of many FPS series for a long time now, and not having ADS is one of the strong points of Halo's difference. ADS is fine for other games, but sometimes its nice to go on Halo and just fire an assault rifle and hit someone. If people want ADS then they should go play a game with ADS and leave Halo to be Halo.

So some things I would like to see changed:

-Removing the team callouts ("taking fire", "throwing grenade") or at least having the option to turn it off. For some, (including myself) it becomes irritating very quickly, especially when your in a firefight and it becomes an incoherent chorus of people yelling.

-Removing ADS from non-scoped weapons, and making scoped weapons properly scoped. When I use a battle rifle, I wan't to zoom in and have my HUD turn into the scope point of view, not look down the gun through a hologram. When I use an assault rifle, I want to be able to fire and hit my target without having to zoom in

-Change the way scopes work to the way they did in Halo 4. One of my favorite changes in Halo 4 was the change so that when your zoomed in you don't get zoomed out when you get shot. This is especially important if you keep ADS in, since having to keep zooming back in completely ruins any chance of fighting back.

-Reduce (or remove) how much the player "fliches" when getting shot. I get throwing off my aim a bit when taking fire, but right now in H5 its like my spartan is having a seizure when taking fire. Its impossible to return fire and hope to hit anything when my spartan is flailing around.

Also one tiny complaint:
Why is the shield alarm / sheild recharge sound completely different? I know its just a sound, but its been almost identical in every game since CE. Its distinct, and immediately recognizable and identifiable as belonging to Halo. Remember, its all the little things that add up to create the experience.

It feels to me a bit like 343 is trying to win over the next generation of gamers, but at the cost of the long term fans of the series. There needs to be a balance of keeping things new and interesting for the new players while keeping enough of the core Halo experience to keep the longer term players equally as happy.
"Why is the shield alarm / sheild recharge sound completely different? I know its just a sound, but its been almost identical in every game since CE. Its distinct, and immediately recognizable and identifiable as belonging to Halo. Remember, its all the little things that add up to create the experience.

It feels to me a bit like 343 is trying to win over the next generation of gamers, but at the cost of the long term fans of the series. There needs to be a balance of keeping things new and interesting for the new players while keeping enough of the core Halo experience to keep the longer term players equally as happy."

A hundred times YES. I honestly thought I was the only one that cared about that classic shield sound. I agree with everything you've said 100%.
played 3 games and bored...i know I'm not supposed to say "make it feel like H2", but this just feels like a mix of cod and titan fall. Sure, they made a huge midship remake, but, if anything, this feels more like halo reach.

maybe i'm just stubborn but like a poster above me said 343 should revel in what made H:CE, H2, and H3 different from the other games instead of trying to adopt concepts that have worked well for others. Sure, H may have had a jet pack first, but IMO i think it fits better in cod AW's system.

I do not like the kill cam at all...its 3 seconds that does nothing for you, and I'd rather be flipping through cams helping my team than watching me die.

as far as weapons go I think the sniper, dmr, br, and pistol add a good combination of long-mid-short range weapons. dmr i think does a bit too much damage.

I think the maps should be smaller - i don't like the midship remake because you cant kill half the people you see bc by virtue of simply spawning you are crushed by anyone with a br/dmr or better. Focus should be on mid-range weapons....(BR start puh-lease). This is coming from someone who only played HSC/MLG playlist throughout halo, so I'm aware that most of my opinions exclude all other playlists or purposes of the game...

guh so torn
Great time so far! Loving it!
I have one point of criticism so far that my friends and I have agreed disrupts the flow of the gameplay...
Death is a part of Halo multiplayer. Everyone dies eventually and get greeted with the respawn timer. The gripe I have with the death system in the Beta is that it cuts to a black screen quickly after death, then after a short time switches to a teammates 3rd person. In previous halo's, if I'm not mistaken, you could see what goes on around your dead body or swap screens to a friendly right away while your respawn timer runs its course. Many times in the Beta I have thrown a grenade, died, and then the screen faded to black so I was not able to see the outcome of my grenade throw, nor the current battle as a whole. From a strategic standpoint it can be very frustrating to not know what happened in the area of your death, especially if u land one of those Kill From The Grave plasma grenades. Granted, it adds some realism to your deaths by almost immediately fading to black and can serve as an extra punishment for death, but mainly its something I find as a disruption to the game-flow.
It's fun but I'm not a fan of the visual and audio style of the game. The graphics are super high contrast, spartans look almost toy-like and the lighting is super over the top, if you remember Halo 3 it was quite visually grounded and it was better off because of it. Not much can be done about the graphics at this point but I think the sounds could easily be changed, I think the classic Halo 3 style shield warning sound and the classic upwards hum of the shield going up was an integral part of the feel of classic Halo. Changing the sounds and adding the bip...bip..bip..beep respawn timer would just make the whole thing feel more like home. I feel like Halo 5's goal with multiplayer is to try and go back to 4v4 super competitive play to please the older Halo crowd but without these simple nuances that make Halo feel like Halo I think it's gonna be met with the same criticism as 4.
I do believe you may be onto something my dear old chap!
I think that the grenades need to be dimmed down a little bit and the shields need to boosted up because I keep dying constantly, but otherwise this is really a fun game. Also the gun sounds need improvement to sound more realistic and I can't wait until I see any new covenant weapons.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 49
  4. 50
  5. 51
  6. 52
  7. 53
  8. ...
  9. 241