Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Halo 5 campaign ruined everything

OP LEW BUKKZ

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
LEW BUKKZ wrote:
The halo 5 campaign is awful compared to the first 4 halos and even reach and I want to explain why.
As much as I speak out against Halo 5's Campaign:

1. You really don't need the comic or books to know what happens in Halo 5, outside of the identities of Team Osiris, but even then, chalk it up to "random Spartan Team assigned for the job" except this time they're main characters. Just about everything you really need to know is explained in the game, including Blue Team's identities. The reason you feel lost and confused is because Halo 5 is just poorly written all around.

"All events should be shown in game and not through other sources."

Interesting you say that because Halo 2 never mentions how Johnson survived the events of Halo CE, and Halo 3 never mentions how did Chief fall off Truth's ship and how Johnson, Miranda, and Arbiter ended up on Earth before Chief, when he had the hugest head start.

2. So don't use them? They'll rarely get in your way and on higher difficulties they'll die anyway.
LEW BUKKZ wrote:
Reach has an excuse since they were a spartan team and it was not a sole halo game like halo 5.
Why does Reach get an excuse but not Halo 5? They're both Spartan Teams. Halo Reach does this much farther as they're invulnerable.

3. Pretty sure there are alternate controls for that. Either that or remapping.

4. The whole point of Spartans were for them to be an unstoppable force so Humanity can stopped being wiped off the face of the galaxy? You were okay with Chief being the only Spartan yet taking on the Covenant and the Flood alone.

5. I hate Cortana. She's pretty much the worst thing coming out of Halo 5. She pretty much gets by through manipulation and hypocrisy, to the point where 343i has to say that the audeince are not mature enough to understand her.

BUT. I'm pretty sure her Halo 5 model is just the same model of Halo 4 (with clothes on of course), which makes it look really weird with the different shading and lighting.
I'm 99% on the same page as you, except: "She [Cortana] pretty much gets by through manipulation and hypocrisy, 343i has to say that the audeince are not mature enough to understand her." The audience mostly isn't mature enough to understand her, and many of those who are choose not to. From what I can see. Otherwise, you're totally on target.
Estomy wrote:
LEW BUKKZ wrote:
The halo 5 campaign is awful compared to the first 4 halos and even reach and I want to explain why.

1. First off halo needs to keep comic and movie Lore out of main games. I don’t want to read a comic to see what happens to the didact or the covenant before playing the main game. All events should be shown in game and not through other sources. The didact as well as jul mdama were interesting enemies that could have played vital roles in halo 5 but were eliminated in The first mission or before the game came out, that is ridiculous.

2. I don’t want to have to play through the campaign with 3 followers always hugging me. Blue team and Osiris are as boring as boring comes. Keep the halo games to a lone wolf standpoint (look back to every halo ever other than reach). Reach has an excuse since they were a spartan team and it was not a sole halo game like halo 5. Tanaka is one of the worst characters in anything ever, I don’t even know the other girls name, and master chiefs bunch of friends plain out do not fit in the campaign. I actually liked agent Locke and feel the campaign would have been awesome if he and chief were by themselves with one being hunted.

3. Halo is halo for a reason and It is not call of duty. Change the controls back to halo 3 or even 4 which was bearable. Running was never in original halo games I don’t mind it but atleast fix the aiming back to zooming with the analog stick and don’t copy cod.

4. The cutscenes were just unexplainable, everybody is now an unstoppable spartan able to take down the once superior elites. Jul mdama and gang are taken out with ease by a bunch of new Spartans. That should never happen, the covenant always had the upper hand so go back to marines getting obliterated by elites. There are way too many Spartans now making master chief look bad.

5. You ruined Cortana, the way she looks and the way she acts. Her design was fine in every game but this one I can’t even explain why it is so bad. She should’ve never been a main antagonist. You could’ve went two ways with the didact or jul mdama and you picked Cortana what an awful decision. The warden Is actually a good add to the game even if he was the bad guy would’ve been fine.
Lew Bukkz you have some good points like the separation of lore and games and the waist of great characters (still salty my fan theory of Jul M'dama locating and controlling the Guardians through the use of the Janis Key never happened and they pretended the Janis Key never existed) lol but I would like to say a lot of the problems with the story were due to Microsoft heavily pressuring 343 to release Halo 5 as soon as possible, also I think the AI and character development of the fireteams needs to be fixed but i saw them as a welcome addition, you said that noble team got a pass because they were an actual team but Osiris and Blue team are teams too so i don't really see the point. But I I would argue that 343 definitely needs to use Halo 5 as a learning tool on what does and doesn't work, but i don't think the halo series was ruined and I still have high hopes for Halo 6, it's best to keep an open mind and see the positives and awesome possibilities of the new halo games, it's perfectly fine to express concern for the new halo title but I still believe it's best to have a positive attitude going in and form your own opinion on it so as to not have a game that could potentially be amazing to you be ruined by the negative opinions of others.
NAILed it
I'm 99% on the same page as you, except: "She [Cortana] pretty much gets by through manipulation and hypocrisy, 343i has to say that the audeince are not mature enough to understand her." The audience mostly isn't mature enough to understand her, and many of those who are choose not to. From what I can see. Otherwise, you're totally on target.
Because there really isn't much you need to understand. Cortana is evil because she thinks she knows better than everyone else in the galaxy. There's no nuance or subtlety like Frankie and Brian Reed were saying, she's just doing it because the plot demands it of her.

She only cares about peace if she's at the top, so she can subjugate anyone else that tries to rise against her. She doesn't care about peace for "everyone" because her wanton Pokemon collection of the Guardians ended up killing a bunch of people (see: Meridian), and she gets offended if you try to call her out on it. She claims to be giving people a choice one mission, and then the very next mission she threatens the galaxy with the threat of the Composer if they don't agree with her.

Cortana is doing the same thing that the Didact is doing, right down to the lines they use.
Quote:
"The Mantle of Responsibility for the galaxy shelters all, human. But only the Forerunners are its masters."
Quote:
"The Mantle of Responsibility for the galaxy shelters all! But only the Created are its masters!"
So people do understand her, she's just still a poorly written character who's a carbon copy of the Didact.
Ugh....SMH.... Well I can agree there should be some sort of cutscenes in the games to maybe give a synopsis of what has happened between games in outside lore to say it shouldn't tie together is ludacris. What about us fans that love to go outside the games for more story? Sorry but one of the big appeals of Halo is being more than a game. If you are a true fan of the series you will want to go outside the game to learn more about the Halo universe.
LEW BUKKZ wrote:
I'm 99% on the same page as you, except: "She [Cortana] pretty much gets by through manipulation and hypocrisy, 343i has to say that the audeince are not mature enough to understand her." The audience mostly isn't mature enough to understand her, and many of those who are choose not to. From what I can see. Otherwise, you're totally on target.
Don't defend Frankie's condescending attitude towards the audience. If there was anything really deeper than manipulation and hypocrisy to Cortana in Halo 5, Frankie or anyone else would have said so. Instead, the best Frankie gives us is that he felt people were expecting Darth Vader (said as a negative despite there being a lot of development Anakin Skywalker goes through before falling to the Dark Side, far more than Cortana before becoming inexplicably evil) and that the "Russia does bad things, and the US does bad things" (such context!) as some sort of foundation to argue whether Cortana is right or not.

And even then it was never about maturity, he just wrote critics off as "young fans" in a vague way as to not really make clear what he meant. Maybe he meant maturity. Maybe he just meant younger players. But I'm pretty sure you'll find critics of all ages, so young fan as a group doesn't work.
LEW BUKKZ wrote:
I'm 99% on the same page as you, except: "She [Cortana] pretty much gets by through manipulation and hypocrisy, 343i has to say that the audeince are not mature enough to understand her." The audience mostly isn't mature enough to understand her, and many of those who are choose not to. From what I can see. Otherwise, you're totally on target.
Don't defend Frankie's condescending attitude towards the audience. If there was anything really deeper than manipulation and hypocrisy to Cortana in Halo 5, Frankie or anyone else would have said so. Instead, the best Frankie gives us is that he felt people were expecting Darth Vader (said as a negative despite there being a lot of development Anakin Skywalker goes through before falling to the Dark Side, far more than Cortana before becoming inexplicably evil) and that the "Russia does bad things, and the US does bad things" (such context!) as some sort of foundation to argue whether Cortana is right or not.

And even then it was never about maturity, he just wrote critics off as "young fans" in a vague way as to not really make clear what he meant. Maybe he meant maturity. Maybe he just meant younger players. But I'm pretty sure you'll find critics of all ages, so young fan as a group doesn't work.
As I've said before, I don't think, and apparently neither does Frankie, that the literary sophistication of the average Halo player rises to a towering height. That said, I'm not entirely convinced that the literary sophistication of the average Halo writer (any of them) is much better. I've had the chance finally to walk through the campaign again recently, and while I still think it plays better than any other Halo campaign, and while I still think the story is nowhere near as disastrous as others think it is, Shakespeare it is not. I'm at the point where the ultimate disposition of this campaign is bound up tightly in the way it comes together (or completely unravels) in Halo 6. But no matter how things may play out, I can say that from where I sit it looks like a lot of people look at Cortana and see her through a colored lens. Or everyone else sees her as she is and I'm the one with a skewed perspective. Time will tell. I hope.
LEW BUKKZ wrote:
I'm 99% on the same page as you, except: "She [Cortana] pretty much gets by through manipulation and hypocrisy, 343i has to say that the audeince are not mature enough to understand her." The audience mostly isn't mature enough to understand her, and many of those who are choose not to. From what I can see. Otherwise, you're totally on target.
Don't defend Frankie's condescending attitude towards the audience. If there was anything really deeper than manipulation and hypocrisy to Cortana in Halo 5, Frankie or anyone else would have said so. Instead, the best Frankie gives us is that he felt people were expecting Darth Vader (said as a negative despite there being a lot of development Anakin Skywalker goes through before falling to the Dark Side, far more than Cortana before becoming inexplicably evil) and that the "Russia does bad things, and the US does bad things" (such context!) as some sort of foundation to argue whether Cortana is right or not.

And even then it was never about maturity, he just wrote critics off as "young fans" in a vague way as to not really make clear what he meant. Maybe he meant maturity. Maybe he just meant younger players. But I'm pretty sure you'll find critics of all ages, so young fan as a group doesn't work.
As I've said before, I don't think, and apparently neither does Frankie, that the literary sophistication of the average Halo player rises to a towering height. That said, I'm not entirely convinced that the literary sophistication of the average Halo writer (any of them) is much better. I've had the chance finally to walk through the campaign again recently, and while I still think it plays better than any other Halo campaign, and while I still think the story is nowhere near as disastorous as others think it is, Shakespeare it is not. I'm at the point where the ultimate disposition of this campaign is bound up tightly in the way it comes together (or completely unravels) in Halo 6. But no matter how things may play out, I can say that from where I sit it looks like a lot of people look at Cortana and see her through a colored lens. Or everyone else sees her as she is and I'm the one with a skewed perspective. Time will tell. I hope.
I can think up a large list of Halo 5's story problems. I can think up one for Cortana alone.

But the biggest problem was the fact that they can't stay remotely consistent.

Didact had to be removed from the series and left in Limbo because he's "extraneous to the story we were telling.” But it was okay to create an entire new faction, bring up Cortana, and have him be a carbon copy of the Didact. We pretty much have to ignore statements from the earlier game for this to make sense. I mean, Cortana is using literal AI slaves to achieve her goals.

But for Halo 6, there's no really redeeming it without some sort of a miracle. we have to either:
  • Stop Cortana, which basically reduces her to being like the Didact in Halo 4 when we could have just had the Didact like we were told in Halo 4
  • "Save" Cortana, which absolutely ruins her character to being a damsel in distress when she was the one who saved herself in Halo 4
  • Have some other villain -Yoink- them up, like the Banished or the Flood, but now we have multiple problems to solve, and Humanity isn't currently equipped to solve just one of them.
LEW BUKKZ wrote:
I'm 99% on the same page as you, except: "She [Cortana] pretty much gets by through manipulation and hypocrisy, 343i has to say that the audeince are not mature enough to understand her." The audience mostly isn't mature enough to understand her, and many of those who are choose not to. From what I can see. Otherwise, you're totally on target.
But for Halo 6, there's no really redeeming it without some sort of a miracle. we have to either:
  • Stop Cortana, which basically reduces her to being like the Didact in Halo 4 when we could have just had the Didact like we were told in Halo 4
  • "Save" Cortana, which absolutely ruins her character to being a damsel in distress when she was the one who saved herself in Halo 4
  • Have some other villain -Yoink- them up, like the Banished or the Flood, but now we have multiple problems to solve, and Humanity isn't currently equipped to solve just one of them.
All premised on the belief that Cortana is in fact a villian in need of either redemption or destruction. In the world of video game story telling you would naturally look at the story this way. In the world of story telling more generally, good guys are not always good and bad guys are not always evil and sometimes the entire concept of good vs. evil is completely beside the point. This is why some people at 343 were disappointed at the way the story was received. What exactly is it that makes Cortana demonstrably "evil?" Is there no other explanation for her behavior besides "she is now evil?" Is there no circumstance in which a "good" person might act, to a greater or lesser degree, in a way similar to the way she is acting? Can conflict in a story be even more compelling when the characters in conflict are not representative of the simple "good vs. evil" trope? Could this just be a case of two people (who we know and like) having a difference of opinion, experiencing the real-world ramifications of that disagreement, and trying to resolve the difference in dramatic and absorbing ways?

From the point of view of typical GvE storytelling I can see how it looks as if 343 writers have written themselves into a corner like the one you described. I see many more options open to them besides just save or kill. I hope they pick one of those options, but I'm afraid they'll decide that their audience requires something more concrete and less challenging, and that what we end up with in Halo 6 will be the kind of back-pedaling that results from a loss of confidence.
Is there no circumstance in which a "good" person might act, to a greater or lesser degree, in a way similar to the way she is acting?.
This may sound stupid but -Yoink- it. Maybe shes doing it to protect John. If she brings piece then John no longer has to fight.
LEW BUKKZ wrote:
I'm 99% on the same page as you, except: "She [Cortana] pretty much gets by through manipulation and hypocrisy, 343i has to say that the audeince are not mature enough to understand her." The audience mostly isn't mature enough to understand her, and many of those who are choose not to. From what I can see. Otherwise, you're totally on target.
But for Halo 6, there's no really redeeming it without some sort of a miracle. we have to either:
  • Stop Cortana, which basically reduces her to being like the Didact in Halo 4 when we could have just had the Didact like we were told in Halo 4
  • "Save" Cortana, which absolutely ruins her character to being a damsel in distress when she was the one who saved herself in Halo 4
  • Have some other villain -Yoink- them up, like the Banished or the Flood, but now we have multiple problems to solve, and Humanity isn't currently equipped to solve just one of them.
All premised on the belief that Cortana is in fact a villian in need of either redemption or destruction. In the world of video game story telling you would naturally look at the story this way. In the world of story telling more generally, good guys are not always good and bad guys are not always evil and sometimes the entire concept of good vs. evil is completely beside the point. This is why some people at 343 were disappointed at the way the story was received. What exactly is it that makes Cortana demonstrably "evil?" Is there no other explanation for her behavior besides "she is now evil?" Is there no circumstance in which a "good" person might act, to a greater or lesser degree, in a way similar to the way she is acting? Can conflict in a story be even more compelling when the characters in conflict are not representative of the simple "good vs. evil" trope? Could this just be a case of two people (who we know and like) having a difference of opinion, experiencing the real-world ramifications of that disagreement, and trying to resolve the difference in dramatic and absorbing ways?

From the point of view of typical GvE storytelling I can see how it looks as if 343 writers have written themselves into a corner like the one you described. I see many more options open to them besides just save or kill. I hope they pick one of those options, but I'm afraid they'll decide that their audience requires something more concrete and less challenging, and that what we end up with in Halo 6 will be the kind of back-pedaling that results from a loss of confidence.
The wanton killing of people by awakening the Guardians (especially her allowing the Prometheans on Meridian to run wild) is a pretty big red flag. Her lack of remorse over the fact is another. Her outright lying about her rule being nothing like the Didact's imperialism only to go back on that statement once she got Blue Team where she wanted them is another. I don't even want to hear anything about sacrificing the few for the many because these few didn't even need to be sacrificed and such a theme has been soundly refuted in Halo with Halsey herself seeing it for the flawed thinking it is. She made John learn this lesson himself by giving him the choice to give ONI all the information about the Flood minus Johnson's apparent immunity or with it (which likely would have resulted in Johnson's death).

I don't mind a story that makes you think about your actions. Booker DeWitt and Elizabeth's support of the Vox Populi (despite some problems that occur later on) is an example from Bioshock: Infinite. I don't see Cortana really developing outside of good vs evil dynamic. There is room for it, sure, like in the case of her rule over the Unggoy (though inevitably she will use them as soldiers when the time comes), but 343 aren't trying very hard. I mean, she talks about rights for AIs, yet she keeps Forerunner essences in what can only be visually compared to a scene out of Hell.
In my opinion the thing that kills it for me is the countless Warden Eternal boss battles. I think the only one that was interesting was the Unconfirmed one, from both a game play and narrative standpoint. The first time of anything is always great and the way he's introduced was wonderfully done in my opinion. Just watching a giant Forerunner robot crawl out of the wall and announce itself as the 'Warden Eternal' is amazing. But not even his cool voice can save the boss fights from becoming incredibly boring. In total, you fight him 9 times! Overall, I think he was overused.
Yeah we all know that! But the whole game is awesome so don't focus on campaign so much!
Nooga wrote:
Is there no circumstance in which a "good" person might act, to a greater or lesser degree, in a way similar to the way she is acting?.
This may sound stupid but -Yoink- it. Maybe shes doing it to protect John. If she brings piece then John no longer has to fight.
The Chief is not Cortana's property. And she has zero right to make that kind of decision for him - let alone do it by kidnapping him and forcibly restraining him and keeping him imprisoned for a millennia. Not to mention taking away everything he knows and everyone he cares about (because we know for a fact Cortana has total control over the Warden at all times and was merely allowing him and the Prometheans to attack the Chief in a veiled attempt to wear away his resolve and kill the rest of Blue Team). And all this on top of murdering millions of innocents for no reason just to set up a fascist dictatorship. Threatening any and all who do not do as you say with death and destruction in order to keep them in line is not "peace", and it never will be.

None of this is okay. And no one would remotely be excusing it if it was literally any other character doing the exact same things.

So no. Cortana does not want to "protect" the Chief. She wants to OWN him. Huge difference.

You protect a child from hurting themselves on a bike by giving them training wheels, a helmet/kneepads, teaching them about the importance of traffic safety, etc. You DO NOT plan to lock them in the basement for the rest of their life so they never hurt themselves by going outside, kill their friends so they have no one to interact with with but you, and then burn their bike/all their possessions for good measure. What Cortana did is the latter of the two. And she DOES NOT get a pass on such actions by claiming "it's for the Chief's own good". That is exactly the kind of twisted excuse abusers use every day, and it is just as horrible in fiction as it is in real life. And it is not okay that 343i (or fans) are trying to white-knight outright dangerous ideas strictly for the sake of pretending they've created a "morally gray" situation, when all they've really done is used a popular character's appeal to compensate for completely nonsensical, exploitative, and cheap narrative decisions.
bit late to the halo 5 sucks party
DoubleSama wrote:
LEW BUKKZ wrote:
2. I don’t want to have to play through the campaign with 3 followers always hugging me. Blue team and Osiris are as boring as boring comes. Keep the halo games to a lone wolf standpoint (look back to every halo ever other than reach). Reach has an excuse since they were a spartan team and it was not a sole halo game like halo 5. Tanaka is one of the worst characters in anything ever, I don’t even know the other girls name, and master chiefs bunch of friends plain out do not fit in the campaign. I actually liked agent Locke and feel the campaign would have been awesome if he and chief were by themselves with one being hunted.

3. Halo is halo for a reason and It is not call of duty. Change the controls back to halo 3 or even 4 which was bearable. Running was never in original halo games I don’t mind it but atleast fix the aiming back to zooming with the analog stick and don’t copy cod.

4. The cutscenes were just unexplainable, everybody is now an unstoppable spartan able to take down the once superior elites. Jul mdama and gang are taken out with ease by a bunch of new Spartans. That should never happen, the covenant always had the upper hand so go back to marines getting obliterated by elites. There are way too many Spartans now making master chief look bad.

2. I agree with this one. I found that the AI teammates also made solo Legendary too easy.

3. You do realize that you can change your controller layout just like in every other Halo game, right? Personally I use the "Halo 4" button layout which is probably the one you want as well. (They do slightly change the button layout for every single Halo game though).

4. Isn't the point of the Spartans that they were almost unstoppable? From watching Master Chief throughout the series, I see no reason a team of 4 Spartans wouldn't be able to take down a couple of Elites.

2. I have to say, they're called Blue Team and Osiris because they're a team. Not some random Spartans that got thrown together (well, maybe Osiris was) but Blue Team was John's team ever since the Insurrectionist War (30+ years ago). The legendary was a little easier, but it wasn't exactly normal mode either. The only thing I really didn't like was the complete absence of Marines. It's fine to have 3 people following you around (it makes co-op a lot more sensible) but I also really like having cannon fodder to mess around with.

3.Yup, I have mine set to Recon, which I believe is like Reach. I personally prefer zoom on analogue sticks.

4.Yes, Spartans are good, but not THAT good. Even in Halo 4 in the first mission, MC had some difficulty killing a regular Elite (remember?) and Jul is a zealot which is the highest class of Elite. There's no way he can get taken out that easily. Also the other elites: one got shot with a single Lightrifle bullet. At full shield. Is that realistic? The other zealot got popped 4 times with a puny magnum! Yes, they could take them out, but definitely not that easily. Also keep in mind that these are Spartan-IV's, not S-II's. Please don't insult the Master Chief by comparing him to Tanaka.
No halo 5 campaign was cool!
4.Yes, Spartans are good, but not THAT good. Even in Halo 4 in the first mission, MC had some difficulty killing a regular Elite (remember?) and Jul is a zealot which is the highest class of Elite. There's no way he can get taken out that easily. Also the other elites: one got shot with a single Lightrifle bullet. At full shield. Is that realistic? The other zealot got popped 4 times with a puny magnum! Yes, they could take them out, but definitely not that easily. Also keep in mind that these are Spartan-IV's, not S-II's. Please don't insult the Master Chief by comparing him to Tanaka.
You're comparing the difference between the lore and gameplay.

If we're going by realistic standards, yes Chief wouldn't be able to stand up to more than a couple of Elites at a time. But in terms of gameplay, look at Halo CE-3, where Chief was the only Spartan, and he was able to go through entire Covenant forces by himself or with a few marines.

This is also the same person that waltzed into a Flood-invested High Charity, grabbed Cortana, and walked out without a scratch.
LEW BUKKZ wrote:
The halo 5 campaign is awful compared to the first 4 halos and even reach and I want to explain why.

Quote:
4. The cutscenes were just unexplainable, everybody is now an unstoppable spartan able to take down the once superior elites. Jul mdama and gang are taken out with ease by a bunch of new Spartans. That should never happen, the covenant always had the upper hand so go back to marines getting obliterated by elites. There are way too many Spartans now making master chief look bad.
So did you also have problems with a rookie ODST being able to take on Brutes and other Covenant species? I'm down for enemies being tough and requiring more skill to take out, but this seems like a pretty weak argument.
That "Rookie" was part of one of the best ODST squads during the Covenant War, and ODST are vastly superior to marines, so that counter-argument is also weak.
LEW BUKKZ wrote:
DoubleSama wrote:
LEW BUKKZ wrote:
(snip)
(snip)4. Isn't the point of the Spartans that they were almost unstoppable? From watching Master Chief throughout the series, I see no reason a team of 4 Spartans wouldn't be able to take down a couple of Elites.
4. Chief is made out to be unstoppable, that doesn’t mean all Spartans should be. And now since halo 5 it feels like there are millions of them. I liked when chief was the only badass and arbiter, now everybody is or should i say tries to be.
Ugh... NONE of the Spartans were made out to be "unstoppable" (they were close, but they weren't and still aren't), and neither was the Chief. He isn't any stronger, smarter, or anything else which ends with the suffix "er", except for being "luckier" and having a large amount of support from UNSC personnel and troops. A Spartan (especially a Spartan-II) should able to dispatch a group of Elites with relatively ease because they've been able since the series first started. Where have you been all this time? Why do you think Spartans were held to such a high standard by marines and significantly increased morale in the first place?
It's true Halo 5's campaign was not only the worst Halo campaign of all time but it was just a horrible story in general, I still have faith in 343 however and I'm hoping they will make Halo 6 an awesome game to recover from their large loss of fans from Halo 5's campaign.
You bring up some great points even if Sprint is just a Halo Wide Argument in General.

The Cutscenes are un-engaging outside of the first one, which I admit, was pretty cool.
After that though, Elites being killed easily was both disrespectful to the species, and an uninteresting Villain Vs Hero confrontation.
We need more Atriox vs 3 Spartans kind of glory! Tell me you don't like it when a Villain is actually stronger than the hero sometimes, because people like me just eat that up!

Cortana also becoming a Villain hurts me for other reasons. Reasons that involve her dying in Halo 4, somehow coming back to life and undoing all of that beautiful emotion that was built up and delivered in Halo 4. Seeing her here is unbearable angering to someone like me, all for the wrong reasons.
It sounds like a scheme aside Microsoft's attempt to erase everything that Happened in Halo 4, and it makes me angry!
That's probably why they killed Jul in the first cutscene, which was also underwhelming.
That's why III hate it though, we all have different opinions.
I am only to hope they have better writing, better villainy, and please, better Cutscene Choreography.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3