OP LEW BUKKZ

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
The story was horribly written, but damn I loved the Sangheilios levels
LethalQ wrote:
Ugh....SMH.... Well I can agree there should be some sort of cutscenes in the games to maybe give a synopsis of what has happened between games in outside lore to say it shouldn't tie together is ludacris. What about us fans that love to go outside the games for more story? Sorry but one of the big appeals of Halo is being more than a game. If you are a true fan of the series you will want to go outside the game to learn more about the Halo universe.
I never said I don’t like outside lore but it’s ridiculous that it is intersecting with the main story. Terminals and other places are the perfect location for this information.
DoubleSama wrote:
LEW BUKKZ wrote:
2. I don’t want to have to play through the campaign with 3 followers always hugging me. Blue team and Osiris are as boring as boring comes. Keep the halo games to a lone wolf standpoint (look back to every halo ever other than reach). Reach has an excuse since they were a spartan team and it was not a sole halo game like halo 5. Tanaka is one of the worst characters in anything ever, I don’t even know the other girls name, and master chiefs bunch of friends plain out do not fit in the campaign. I actually liked agent Locke and feel the campaign would have been awesome if he and chief were by themselves with one being hunted.

3. Halo is halo for a reason and It is not call of duty. Change the controls back to halo 3 or even 4 which was bearable. Running was never in original halo games I don’t mind it but atleast fix the aiming back to zooming with the analog stick and don’t copy cod.

4. The cutscenes were just unexplainable, everybody is now an unstoppable spartan able to take down the once superior elites. Jul mdama and gang are taken out with ease by a bunch of new Spartans. That should never happen, the covenant always had the upper hand so go back to marines getting obliterated by elites. There are way too many Spartans now making master chief look bad.

2. I agree with this one. I found that the AI teammates also made solo Legendary too easy.

3. You do realize that you can change your controller layout just like in every other Halo game, right? Personally I use the "Halo 4" button layout which is probably the one you want as well. (They do slightly change the button layout for every single Halo game though).

4. Isn't the point of the Spartans that they were almost unstoppable? From watching Master Chief throughout the series, I see no reason a team of 4 Spartans wouldn't be able to take down a couple of Elites.

2. I have to say, they're called Blue Team and Osiris because they're a team. Not some random Spartans that got thrown together (well, maybe Osiris was) but Blue Team was John's team ever since the Insurrectionist War (30+ years ago). The legendary was a little easier, but it wasn't exactly normal mode either. The only thing I really didn't like was the complete absence of Marines. It's fine to have 3 people following you around (it makes co-op a lot more sensible) but I also really like having cannon fodder to mess around with.

3.Yup, I have mine set to Recon, which I believe is like Reach. I personally prefer zoom on analogue sticks.

4.Yes, Spartans are good, but not THAT good. Even in Halo 4 in the first mission, MC had some difficulty killing a regular Elite (remember?) and Jul is a zealot which is the highest class of Elite. There's no way he can get taken out that easily. Also the other elites: one got shot with a single Lightrifle bullet. At full shield. Is that realistic? The other zealot got popped 4 times with a puny magnum! Yes, they could take them out, but definitely not that easily. Also keep in mind that these are Spartan-IV's, not S-II's. Please don't insult the Master Chief by comparing him to Tanaka.
The team argument is a little confusing since I didn’t word it very well. What I meant is I actually hate these spartan teams that are from comics or other BS they really ruined the main halo campaign that focuses on chief. Halo reach was a separate story from chief therefore giving the game a pass as well as the spartan team in reach being great unlike these lame Spartans that really ruin the image of Spartans( other than chief, Locke, and I kind of like buck).
treycen777 wrote:
LEW BUKKZ wrote:
The halo 5 campaign is awful compared to the first 4 halos and even reach and I want to explain why.

Quote:
4. The cutscenes were just unexplainable, everybody is now an unstoppable spartan able to take down the once superior elites. Jul mdama and gang are taken out with ease by a bunch of new Spartans. That should never happen, the covenant always had the upper hand so go back to marines getting obliterated by elites. There are way too many Spartans now making master chief look bad.
So did you also have problems with a rookie ODST being able to take on Brutes and other Covenant species? I'm down for enemies being tough and requiring more skill to take out, but this seems like a pretty weak argument.
That "Rookie" was part of one of the best ODST squads during the Covenant War, and ODST are vastly superior to marines, so that counter-argument is also weak.
LEW BUKKZ wrote:
DoubleSama wrote:
LEW BUKKZ wrote:
(snip)
(snip)4. Isn't the point of the Spartans that they were almost unstoppable? From watching Master Chief throughout the series, I see no reason a team of 4 Spartans wouldn't be able to take down a couple of Elites.
4. Chief is made out to be unstoppable, that doesn’t mean all Spartans should be. And now since halo 5 it feels like there are millions of them. I liked when chief was the only badass and arbiter, now everybody is or should i say tries to be.
Ugh... NONE of the Spartans were made out to be "unstoppable" (they were close, but they weren't and still aren't), and neither was the Chief. He isn't any stronger, smarter, or anything else which ends with the suffix "er", except for being "luckier" and having a large amount of support from UNSC personnel and troops. A Spartan (especially a Spartan-II) should able to dispatch a group of Elites with relatively ease because they've been able since the series first started. Where have you been all this time? Why do you think Spartans were held to such a high standard by marines and significantly increased morale in the first place?
These Spartans insult the chief. Chief is unstoppable and is one of a kind these other “Spartans” make him look bad. Locke should be partially overpowered but not like chief or arbiter. Giving these terrible characters this kind of power insults the halo series. Even the best spartan in master chief struggles sometimes(the didact, gravemind, arbiter). Elites are called elites for a reason they are skilled and wouldn’t be a breeze for these “Spartans” to kill. The humans and chief are always fighting an uphill battle until halo 5 and that really ruins the premise of the halo series. Humans are always struggling but overcoming challenges not creating 50 wannabe chiefs that look weak and letting them stomp the covenant. This is also insulting the might of the covenant.
You have brought up some very good points, and I am hoping they will make Halo 6 better, as the people on some other sites say it will. I agree with Locke and the fact that it maybe should have been more lone wolf as said, but, they were helpful on beating it on heroic, and working on legendary...(Also, I really like Buck) I'm not saying 343 COMPLETELY ruined halo forever, I'm saying that they should tweak a few things, for instance, the big flying circle things called "Watchers." They don't really look as forerunner as forerunners are, and certainly no where near the design of sentinels. I can see the Knights and dogs, because the knights were composed and animals could have been composed too, soldiers are a new infantry discovered and all that. Also, Halo 5 was rated T, and every other Halo game has been M. Nitpicks am I right? Anyways, lets hope the flood are still the flood we know and love if they do come back in Halo 6. Also, another thing, Cortana's rampancy was cured when she touched the Domain or so she said. Wouldn't that mean she is still of the UNSC's side? Or did she see forerunner stuff and how bad they thing humanity is? Either way, these are just a few things noted.
Some of your points are fine but insisting that the gameplay/controls is what ruins the game's campaign is a bit ridiculous. Every single game has new controls, did you notice how the controls are different from Halo CE- 3 and then change in Reach but then change in Halo 4? It changes, they made the default layout that works well for pretty much the everyday shooter game player. Pretty much every single shooter game out there uses the left trigger to aim and the right trigger to shoot not just COD, it really bugs me how every single person compares the changes that 343i makes to Halo to that of the Call of Duty franchise. Call of Duty hasn't trademarked that control scheme so stop. Also like someone before me has mentioned you could have easily changed the controls to fit those of your liking.

Also yes the story was kind of bad, if you watch HiddenXperia's video about how 343 could fix the story then you would realize that the campaign isn't actually that bad. Also ActMan's videos on how the campaign sucked bring up a lot better points.

I like the more team focused game play and being to always play with a team of Spartans because that is usually how Spartans work, they are a fireteam that works together.
Also yes the story was kind of bad, if you watch HiddenXperia's video about how 343 could fix the story then you would realize that the campaign isn't actually that bad. Also ActMan's videos on how the campaign sucked bring up a lot better points.
I like the more team focused game play and being to always play with a team of Spartans because that is usually how Spartans work, they are a fireteam that works together.
A lot of people have shown that Halo 5's Campaign is that bad. Even far worse than what is shown on the surface. A lot of bad decisions were made for little to no reason.

It's not unsalvageable, but it's pretty close to it.
You actually touch on what I think was the single most important flaw in Halo 5, which was the lack of any solo missions. One of the things that 343 did with Halo 4 that instantly made me at home with it was dropping me feet first into a mission where I was by myself. Every Halo game had missions where you fought alongside friendly AI, but it is the missions where you're by yourself that make the story meaningful. I've harped on this before and I remember on several occasions I bewildered my friends when I called Halo a lonely game. The process of having allies, losing them, and vice versa make the Halo experience unique. The first game, I feel, lords this experience over all of its predecessors. I actually used to have dreams of being on the Truth of Reconciliation, totally alone. It was both haunting and tranquil, and the feelings I get from reminiscing on it are at the core of my emotions when I think of Halo. It's a lonely, timeless feeling.
Some of your points are fine but insisting that the gameplay/controls is what ruins the game's campaign is a bit ridiculous. Every single game has new controls, did you notice how the controls are different from Halo CE- 3 and then change in Reach but then change in Halo 4? It changes, they made the default layout that works well for pretty much the everyday shooter game player. Pretty much every single shooter game out there uses the left trigger to aim and the right trigger to shoot not just COD, it really bugs me how every single person compares the changes that 343i makes to Halo to that of the Call of Duty franchise. Call of Duty hasn't trademarked that control scheme so stop. Also like someone before me has mentioned you could have easily changed the controls to fit those of your liking.

Yeah, the story was down right bad and a lot of gameplay elements were poorly implemented. The things that Halo 5 going for it is it's multiplayer and the gameplay like movement, controls, gun battles etc. The campaign is the worst it has ever been in years. The advertising campaign is a far better story than what was actually in the game.
I still feel like Halo 5 had a better story than twilight.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3