Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Halo 5 Chief V Locke ads removed from youtube?

OP JV11077

Not sure if this is old news or not so I apologize in advance if this is the case. , I haven't seen it brought up before so...... check it out for yourselves. The Chief V Locke commercials were made private on xbox's official channel.

Master Chief Ad: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rd8FWUCCZk

Spartan Locke Ad: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHQiYPiNVEE

Both of these were posted by xbox. There are still re-uploads out there. But I find it interesting that these were removed from xbox themsevles. Maybe xbox is backtracking a bit since these commercials were considered misleading/controversial? It's definitely intriguing to say the least.

There's a third ad that was made private but I don't know which one it is. You can see it here, scroll down near the bottom. It seems like some other ones are missing but I can't confirm that.

Thoughts?
I think they did it some time ago
Probably cause if it was popular enough they would probally have to deal with false advertising laws. A lot of stores had no issue with refunding people because they thought it was crap. I had a friend who bought an Xbox one used it played halo 5 a bit then took it back and got a better deal on a ps4.

1st thing he said to me when he got it was lets do split screen.
They did that quite a while ago, but yeah its kinda shady on their part. Then again I can see why they were very misleading.
Hunt the Truth I really enjoyed, even thou it never crossed the Halo 5 story like I wanted. But it was an ARG so I get it. But the trailers where specifically for Halo 5 and they really gave a different feel as for as Locke vs chief.
Quote:
...1st thing he said to me when he got it was lets do split screen.
All I felt was the sense of disappointment when I read this.
Hopefully the trailers that we've seen somewhat show up in Halo 6. Those trailers were amazing. I remember seeing them for the first time on the Walking Dead commercials...
Quote:
Hopefully the trailers that we've seen somewhat show up in Halo 6. Those trailers were amazing. I remember seeing them for the first time on the Walking Dead commercials...
I doubt it unfortunately. Judging by the way Halo 5 ended the "conflict" between Chief and Locke is over and they're bros now.

That Locke trailer almost (emphasis on almost) had me rooting for him because he seemed so badass. His conquering hero speech gave me chills. Then I saw the Chief one and immediately changed my mind. Too bad Locke wasn't as awesome in the game as he was in that trailer though.
The trailers were amazing but they changed the story and the campaign wasn't so good. So i believe they did good that removed the trailers. It was false advertising.
I remember the legendary comment section in the trailers. People using Locke/Chief quotes referencing 343 industries.

"Is this what you wanted fans?"
"was everything you compromised, everything you've done. Worth it, 343?
"let's see him (Halo) forever, as you (bungie) and not as you (343)."
"the one who supposed to save us all (343), but now, I'm saving us. From you."

But, do not worry, you can still see the trailers in other channels.
Quote:
Almost as much as going to the fridge to find the pizza you saved had been ate by someone else
JV11077 wrote:
Quote:
I doubt it unfortunately. Judging by the way Halo 5 ended the "conflict" between Chief and Locke is over and they're bros now.

That Locke trailer almost (emphasis on almost) had me rooting for him because he seemed so badass. His conquering hero speech gave me chills. Then I saw the Chief one and immediately changed my mind. Too bad Locke wasn't as awesome in the game as he was in that trailer though.
Yeah, that trailer is my favorite out of the two. It's so unexpected and shocking to see Chief defeated. But for the bond that holds Chief and Locke together could be easily broken. Chief could betray him in some way or Locke could betray him in some way that starts a conflict between the two, and I hope that a conflict happens.
It was pointed out awhile back. they were probably taken down since they weren't related to H5 and it's not the direction Halo is going.
JV11077 wrote:
Quote:

Yeah, that trailer is my favorite out of the two. It's so unexpected and shocking to see Chief defeated. But for the bond that holds Chief and Locke together could be easily broken. Chief could betray him in some way or Locke could betray him in some way that starts a conflict between the two, and I hope that a conflict happens.
I know right. And it really grabbed interest into the story. I think it was killing everyone (especially me at the time) to know what Chief did that was so bad to be hunted down and branded a traitor. They even labelled him as KIA because of what he did.

You're right, it's still possible to have a conflict between Locke and chief. Maybe Chief doesn't want to destroy Cortana but save her instead, while locke is the opposite and wants to dismantle her at all costs. That would be a great way to re-ignite the conflict.
Quote:
Yeah that hit me pretty hard too. As someone who has played all the games cooperatively via split screen it's a very missed feature.