Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Halo 5 done for good!? Halo 5 is Dead!?

OP Megano1d

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I have been trying to find matches to join in Halo 5 for a week now. I get the 'Unable to Match' window when ever I try to join or matchmake to a game. I can't even find a single player. I was trying to match for Roaming King and I get the message after some minutes pass. I even tried to play Warzone and still I wasn't able to find a match at all. Is it just me or Halo 5 is just dead like literally the servers died or no more players left to play the game!?

Update: I have tried again at about 4am - 5am. Usually I will still find players to match with at this time. Literally there is nobody playing here. I live in Canada, so I guess Halo 5 is officially dead in Canada? lol Even the custom games are empty. I can't find anyone in Warzone or anywhere. I'm Rank 144 so I still think I would have a match. Damn, Halo 5's population is super low at this point.
People still play it. It all depends on the playlist and your search preference. Change your search preference from Focused/Balanced to Expanded. After I did that, I have been able to find a Warzone match within a couple of minutes.
Depends on the region you live in, but the servers have been awful the last few week (slowly becoming better though!). There are still plenty of people on Warzone because I played like 15 games last night.
Mid day there are no issues finding games in WZFF and most social and ranked matches.
Long live H5 and the grind to 152.
I have no issues finding matches, though I mostly play Super Fiesta and Big Team Super Fiesta. I'm guessing the remaining players are doing the grind to 152 so you gotta check Firefight and the double XP playlists.
The population exists, but it is much smaller.
343 said they plan to reduce the playlist offerings in the new year to help consolidate the player base.
AshamanND wrote:
The population exists, but it is much smaller.
343 said they plan to reduce the playlist offerings in the new year to help consolidate the player base.
This is welcome. Get rid of redundancies and maybe speed up rotationals to 1 week? Pretty sure they're ghost towns as soon as the 2nd week rolls around.
Castle Wars has been very active. I even found matches in SWAT this morning for the first time in awhile before 10am.
just play on expanded
DeadIock3d wrote:
just play on expanded
Definitely not a solution for high mmr players. I always search expanded, but just sat through 3 "unable to match" cycles on warzone before matching a squad after their prior game ended.
Whitedooom wrote:
DeadIock3d wrote:
just play on expanded
Definitely not a solution for high mmr players. I always search expanded, but just sat through 3 "unable to match" cycles on warzone before matching a squad after their prior game ended.
Sucks to have high mmr lol
halo 5 should really just go free to play at this point
Call it an educated guess, but they might have flocked to Modern Warfare and will be there until they start getting bored with it too.
x N7 117 x wrote:
People still play it. It all depends on the playlist and your search preference. Change your search preference from Focused/Balanced to Expanded. After I did that, I have been able to find a Warzone match within a couple of minutes.
How long did it take you from before? The fact that you had to switch it to Expanded proves how the game is slowly dying. I was able to join games at the Balanced Preference.
Call it an educated guess, but they might have flocked to Modern Warfare and will be there until they start getting bored with it too.
I don't think at this point in time that they'll get bored with it. I actually was considering to buy the game because it seems more interesting and fun. I actually like the idea of how they are using different calibers which affects projectile speed and damages in games. Unlike this game which throws it out the window and has its wacky balancing in my own opinion.
Megano1d wrote:
Call it an educated guess, but they might have flocked to Modern Warfare and will be there until they start getting bored with it too.
I don't think at this point in time that they'll get bored with it. I actually was considering to buy the game because it seems more interesting and fun. I actually like the idea of how they are using different calibers which affects projectile speed and damages in games. Unlike this game which throws it out the window and has its wacky balancing in my own opinion.
So real physics? I may actually be interested in this bit of news.

When Reach came out, the BR fans cried about the DMR bEiNg ToO pOwErFuL and came up with every logical fallacy there was and fought me at every thread tooth and nail arguing for a nerf while trying to explain to me that something with a lower BC with an even lower intermediate type of case capacity, was in any way, shape, or form, going to defeat a 7.62x51 that even with today's tech can still beat a 9mm intermediate rifle round with the case capacity equivalent of an AK 7.62x39 that quickly sheds it's energy after 300 yards while a 308 is still bringing the heat up until 700.

But with what you are saying, they actually have to try and not dry erase a mark on their screens to get every edge possible. I may have to go ahead and see for myself, thanks!
Megano1d wrote:
I have been trying to find matches to join in Halo 5 for a week now. I get the 'Unable to Match' window when ever I try to join or matchmake to a game. I can't even find a single player. I was trying to match for Roaming King and I get the message after some minutes pass. I even tried to play Warzone and still I wasn't able to find a match at all. Is it just me or Halo 5 is just dead like literally the servers died or no more players left to play the game!?

Update: I have tried again at about 4am - 5am. Usually I will still find players to match with at this time. Literally there is nobody playing here. I live in Canada, so I guess Halo 5 is officially dead in Canada? lol Even the custom games are empty. I can't find anyone in Warzone or anywhere. I'm Rank 144 so I still think I would have a match. Damn, Halo 5's population is super low at this point.
Never really have trouble finding matches on expanded search, EU time, late afternoon till evening.
Call it an educated guess, but they might have flocked to Modern Warfare and will be there until they start getting bored with it too.
Or until the nerfs hit like trainwrecks.
1
To know the Lore is to know Halo
"Dont be spoiled, dont start a fight. Always be careful, here at night. Because the Spartans might come, in suits that weigh half a ton. And they'll steal from you all you gots, just like they did from Colonel Watts."
The servers have been absolutely phenomenal for me tonight! I really hope this lasts.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2