OP snickerdoodle

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 84
Bug: Sword animation freezing after melee kill, preventing you from using it.

When you do a melee kill, not a lunge kill, the sword animation will get stuck in this "half-cocked" about-to-stab stance, preventing you from attacking. I've noticed it first with the Prophet's Bane when I did an assassination with it, and after two regular melee kills with the energy sword yesterday. You can get out of it by switching weapons or throwing a grenade, but you don't exactly have that luxury if you are amidst more than one enemy. I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed that.
did eden backdrop get brighter?
Bug: Sword animation freezing after melee kill, preventing you from using it.

When you do a melee kill, not a lunge kill, the sword animation will get stuck in this "half-cocked" about-to-stab stance, preventing you from attacking. I've noticed it first with the Prophet's Bane when I did an assassination with it, and after two regular melee kills with the energy sword yesterday. You can get out of it by switching weapons or throwing a grenade, but you don't exactly have that luxury if you are amidst more than one enemy. I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed that.
had that problem to
AUB0RN wrote:
Hey guys, the original feedback thread was getting a bit long so to keep things clean, moving to this thread.

Carry on and keep it clean. :)

Don't really see the point of a new feedback thread. Another thread makes taking in feedback harder for 343i. Having a single source for feedback is much more beneficial. Therefore it would be best if you all continued to put your feedback in the original thread. The link can be found below. <div></div><div>Link: original feedback thread</div>

really?
someone wants attention
Attention? I got no attention on the earlier thread. I was saying that it's easier to gather feedback from one source as opposed to multiple.
AUB0RN wrote:
AUB0RN wrote:
Hey guys, the original feedback thread was getting a bit long so to keep things clean, moving to this thread.

Carry on and keep it clean. :)

Don't really see the point of a new feedback thread. Another thread makes taking in feedback harder for 343i. Having a single source for feedback is much more beneficial. Therefore it would be best if you all continued to put your feedback in the original thread. The link can be found below. <div></div><div>Link: original feedback thread</div>

really?
someone wants attention

Attention? I got no attention on the earlier thread. I was saying that it's easier to gather feedback from one source as opposed to multiple.
it a sad day for u : (
it take to long to fall(im no talking about the aim thruster); when i jump of thing it take way to long to land on the ground(off bridges and over high stuff)
I know alot of people dont like the kill cam, but I'd be pulling my hair out if I didnt find out how I died, sometimes it seems like a complete mystery to me.
JA50N 0 wrote:
I know alot of people dont like the kill cam, but I'd be pulling my hair out if I didnt find out how I died, sometimes it seems like a complete mystery to me.
they just need to fix, that is all
JA50N 0 wrote:
In situations like this, I watch the match in theatre mode after its done to get the full picture from the enemies perspective (yeah I know, its not available in the beta).

I can't stand kill cams, they are buggy and frustrating. Rag doll cam at least offered useful real-time information and teabag for the lols.

Please have the option to remove kill cams!
3 main issues:
1. Too many grenades
2. OP weapons (AR, DMR, BR, etc.)
3. Smart scope makes game feel unhalo
Agreed, the number of grenades at any given time on the map is too high.
Riy 456 wrote:
did eden backdrop get brighter?
I think they just increased the lighting in certain areas, such as the hallways and rooms outside of the main open area.
The grenades are too overpowered. One guy shot me once, only once, then a grenade took me out. Also, the splash damage caused too much damage, making the thruster pack useless if it lands right in front of you.
Riy 456 wrote:
can a monitor answer this? what the max SR lv cap for the beta?
I don't believe there is one. There was talk of it being 25, but one of my friends is already 38.
Okay so I've got 2 ideas I personally think would be awesome. 1. The Saw from Halo 4 as a power weapon, it was really fun to use and I think it would fit in well.<div>
2. Kinda a long shot but what about unlockables? It's still rewarding to unlock things other than armor and in the spirit of fair start and give and take, what about unlockable assassination animations? Maybe you could even have 2? One if you quick tap melee (how it is now) and a second one if you hold the melee down thru the entire process, that is more elaborate, and risky, due to the amount of time it takes to perform?</div><div>
Opinions?</div>
3 main issues:
1. Too many grenades
2. OP weapons (AR, DMR, BR, etc.)
3. Smart scope makes game feel unhalo

Agreed, the number of grenades at any given time on the map is too high.
....You get 2 each. JUST like it was before. Then, it gives you a time penalty to pick any up, even if you're stepping on top of them. The grenades are only in like 1-3 places on any map, how is this too many?
Ezekie1 wrote:
JA50N 0 wrote:

In situations like this, I watch the match in theatre mode after its done to get the full picture from the enemies perspective (yeah I know, its not available in the beta).

I can't stand kill cams, they are buggy and frustrating. Rag doll cam at least offered useful real-time information and teabag for the lols.

Please have the option to remove kill cams!
Ok I would be satisfied with the option to have killcams or to turn them off.
I'm having a HUGE issue with the dark map (Eden I think?), the blue team is almost always cloaked by some sort of darkness, or blends in. I'm not FULLY colorblind, but hues when barely different, and right next to each other, have always been an issue for me. Any chance we could do something about that? I know it'll be a pain, but it's more than just partial colorblinds and hue disoriented people as well.
The lighting on the new Slayer map Eden is terrible. It is even more difficult to see the blue team than it is on Truth. Lighting in general is not good (e.g., spartan hub).

Eden kind of feels like a recycled version of Empire, except at night.

Kill cams are not at all swift and are actually not useful, and they are annoying in their current form. I know that I died. It would be far more beneficial for me to see my X and be able to make callouts. Remove them from the game (preferably). But I don't see that happening, so at least let us turn them off.

The AR's effective range whilst scoped in is ridiculous.

Fast kill times are not characteristic of Halo (but rather every single other FPS game) and ruin the experience for many people.
FLINCH
Why is there still flinch? Weren't you guys explicit when you said flinch is out, de scope is in? instead we now have BOTH which is not only limited, but shows a lack of honesty on 343 part.-RESOLVED-https://twitter.com/JoshingtonState/status/549624652117454848

DESCOPE

Yes we wanted this back, Yes it IS back BUT. now there is a delay on when you can scope back in, the sniper rifle already has a horrible scope time, and furthermore since a single bullet from the ar, which is now a PINPOINT accurate weapon will de scope enjoy getting kicked out of scope the second your in it now.

RECOIL

Why were recoil mechanics added to ALL guns? Did the scientifically enhance super soldiers wearing 1000 pound power armour skip on arm day, and if these weapons recoil for them, they must be IMPOSSIBLE for a non augmented soldier to fire right?

SMARTLINK SCOPE

"Its not ads" Except it IS ads, especially on the ar, which is now a valid threat at all ranges,it's a starting weapon which is s'posed to be a weapon that will work until you come to a better weapon, right now it is a jack of all trade, master of none, it presents far to good of a threat against all other weapons, including the sniper rifle (giving the pinpoint accuracy and ability to descope on one shot) if smartlink is s'posed to be a new animation for the existing zoom it should in NO way modify the way a weapon works, zooming in a weapon does NOT make it more accurate, so WHY does it make the SMG and AR more accurate?

NETCODE

The net code for the beta is horrendous, i mean, seriously, it makes battlefield 4 look good, i should not get hit by a single ar shot, and suddenly die in .2 seconds later, Halo has always been a game where skill prevail, where even if you get shot you CAN turn around and present a valid threat to your attacker, right now, you might as well start thinking about your next move if you get shot first, cause you will die.

KILLTIMES

Is it just me, or are kill time SIGNIFICANTLY faster then even halo 4(which had the fastest kill of all halo) this is NOT a good thing, halo has always been fast pace action, but slower pace combat, where combat takes several seconds to complete with non power weapons, this made power weapons all the more important for their ability to instantly kill, it also allowed skills to prevail over reflex, which set it aside from other shooters. While not 100% accurate, i have always classified halo (and other FPS) into two types, Twitch shooters (where first shooter generally win and twitchy caffeine drugged sugar excited children have the advantage) and skill shooters (where a player skill will allow them to overcome all obstacles) halo 5 FEELS like a twitch shooter, and not a skill shooter.

SMART SCOPE +PRECISION WEAPONS

Ok got smart scope out of the way, this is feedback numeral 2, smart scope on precision weapons. Namely the visual obscurity that happens when scope on precision weapons (ala the DMR) and the time to scope on the sniper rifle, the sniper rifle should not take a half a second to scope in, this makes a logical sense if it was a "ADS" first person shooter where they need to bring the scope to the shooter eye, but it's not its the so called smart scope which is the camera linked to the spartan HUD, when we press the button, the change over should be instant.

HIT MARKERS

Now i asked this back in halo 4, but what is the point of visual hit markers? What purpose does a hit marker serve? Seriously 343 can you answer that? a player should know when they score a hit with a gun, i mean they had to aim the gun at the player and pull the trigger,didn't they? the ONLY thing i see hit markers doing, is turning explosives into a echo location device ? Allowing you to throw it around blind corners, wait for the explosion and if you get a hit marker, it means there is a enemy behind that corner. I simply don't understand the fascination with hit markers in this generation of games, and i find they make no sense logically, canonically, and game play wise. Furthermore, this is a exorbitant waste considering shield flare (when successful hits) has been in game since the beginning, there is ZERO reason to have hit markers other then having it because competing games have it.

SEARCH TIMES

Game search times are WAY to long 'Nuff said.

LOCKED INTO SEARCH MENU

At no time should a game lock you into the search for player menu, until a game is finalized with two even players, players should be able to back out of that menu.

KICK TO MENU

There are several annoying "kick to menu" errors while searching for a game.

FRIENDLY FIRE

This needs to be enabled, friendly fire has been a staple and game play influence feature since halo 1. It significantly impacts the way halo is played because of the risks associated with mindless grenade spam, and shooting. It needs to come back, do NOT i say again DO NOT continue to hold player hands by giving them no FF, and other noob friendly design as game play decisions.

WEAPON PICKUP DIAGRAMS

Please return weapon pickup diagrams, so we now what weapon we are picking up at a glance, instead of having to read a sentence to find out, already had it where i picked up the WRONG weapon from a enemy kill (he dropped Prophets bane, and a BR, i ran over the sword to get it and ended up getting his stupid br instead)

GRENADES

Fragmentation grenades deal their damage by creating a hailstorm of small metal fragments, they do NOT deal their damage with a explosive shock wave, a frag grenade entire explosive force can be contained by a single body on top of the grenade, in no case, nor circumstance should a frag grenade be able to LAUNCH a stationary spartan airborne, currently this affect is hugely exaggerated in the beta.

AIM ASSISTANCE

This is something that would require further testing, and will be controversial, but for any console shooter a minor degree of aim assistance is necessary given a game pads inferiority in accuracy compared with a mouse and keyboard. whether halo 5 has to little to too much aim assistance will need to be tested in a controlled environment.

CONTROLLED ENVIRONMENT

We need custom games in this beta, for reasons stated above, and to properly test many more technical details.

KILL CAMS

While kill cams are are pretty cool, that is NOT the case when they in inaccurate, unless the accuracy can be improved (to where when you are killed by someone it actually shows them AIMING at you and killing you) these should be removed.

VICTORY ANIMATIONS

The S-4 are recruited adults generally from special forces branches of the UNSC, why do they act like frat boys and college football stars after a victory? while i am not against victory animations, the current ones just makes no canonical or logical sense.

MEDALS

Medal are a mark of achievement, why are they so abundant? i have played around 20 games, gotten around 150 kills, i have something like 500 medals. halo 2 has 23 medals in multiplayer, halo four has over over 178 medals, please put medals in for for actual marks of achievement, medals should be something that are award for skills, not handed out like candy for every other action (babies first step MEDAL, baby first shot MEDAL, baby's first death MEDAL!)

WEAPON SWAP TIME DELAY

There is a noticeable time delay now when swapping weapons, whether this is good or bad is yet to be decided.
Ace765 wrote:
Okay so I've got 2 ideas I personally think would be awesome. 1. The Saw from Halo 4 as a power weapon, it was really fun to use and I think it would fit in well.<div>
2. Kinda a long shot but what about unlockables? It's still rewarding to unlock things other than armor and in the spirit of fair start and give and take, what about unlockable assassination animations? Maybe you could even have 2? One if you quick tap melee (how it is now) and a second one if you hold the melee down thru the entire process, that is more elaborate, and risky, due to the amount of time it takes to perform?</div><div>
Opinions?</div>
Sounds great, I bet you're a rich man
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 84