1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 84
I don't like it at all. It feels completely like a call of duty rip off, and honestly not a good one. The game feels like in all honesty one of those never heard of games, and isn't living up to Halo at all. This is the game that made xbox (at least for me entire reason I even bought a 360 over ps3) and it's highly disappointing.

Would be nice if games stopped trying to steal the call of duty hype and went back to originality.

Already have like 8 call of duty games, can't we get something new?

I'm going to reinstall the beta and try giving it a few more matches before I make a final decision. but I highly doubt i'll be purchasing halo 5. Especially after the master chief collection crisis.
Riy 456 wrote:
bug:some time after finishing a match u here ur spartan yell "shield up"
Yeah. Once I heard "We have the sniper"...
There also appears to be a strange glitch where players are raising their hands in their air (except when sprinting) and you cannot actually see the weapon when aiming, just the reticule.
Looking for a few decent players to roll with on the beta. Gt: XxChronicashxX send message or inv. 5.4 kda
Scope glare on Sniper rifle. Noticeably slow Smartscope animation for sniper. Hold down D-Pad for ground pound.

Bring back power ups. Make Landmarks on regret more noticeable, cuz nearly every side looks the same, besides color in bases.
Chief(343 & Halo fans)- “Sprint...is sprint what you wanted? Is this what you were looking for?

Typical Classic Fans- “plz god no!”

Chief- “Were all the forum complaints. All the ‘you lost me as a customer threats.’ Worth it? Was it!?” *laughs manically* 🤣
Halo 5 multiplayer beta is well balanced, plays smoothe and is fun to play with friends! Keep it up 343i!
WOW!, juts WOW! Spartans are made out of paper in the beta. I really hope the final game does not look anything like this beta. I will NOT PREORDER unless a see a significant improvement in multiplayer gameplay.

Note: I am a huge halo fan, own all the games, all the comics, all the movies, all the books, some collectors editions and play regularly. I have preordered all the Halo games

Also this is my first time leaving serious feedback as I am truly concerned 343 is mutating the game in a way that feels unrecognizable to the Base Halo players who are loyal and have stuck with it since 2001.

My concerns:
1. Paper Spartans, YOU DIE WAY TOO QUICK (I am a veteran and skilled halo player with KD about 1.5-1.9 (I know it's not pro level but I focus more on being a team player) and more on all HALO multiplayers 2,3,Reach,4) if I want paper Spartans I will buy Call of duty.
2. Grenade spamming is ridiculous. either nerf the grenades, make them a pick up, or limit their numbers to 1.
3. What's the point on having health bars if you die from 2-3 Assault rifle shots?
4. For gods sake give of info on what's happening worldwide on Halo servers. i.e. How many players are on and per playlist, a map like the one on Halo 3 showing per region activity. Something to distract us from the loading game or searching players, A tip or strategy or Halo history whatever.
5. Of course connectivity issues, but that's ok because it's the beta (although MCC sets a bad precedent, really bad)
6. I cannot get over on how fragile the Spartans are. OMG fix it please.
7. Spawns are really bad. On several games I got spawned in the middle of 2-3 opponents getting me killed immediately. I know it's a beta, but fix those too please.
8. The Map EDEN is way too dark, WAY too dark. It also feels exactly like empire but at night. (come on give me original maps).
9. DMR vs. Battle rifle was somewhat even especially at long distances, now it's like BR wins every time no matter the distance, either nerf the BR or beef up the DMR.
10. Pistol has WAY too much range, had several occasions where pistol beat BR's
11. Assault Rifle and SMG is there any difference, really? Really??? they serve the same purpose (in-game), differentiate more please
12. Energy sword looks weak vs. the Prophets Bane (stick with one guys, similar issue with AR vs. SMG)
13. Respawn music is the worst, it sounds like you ripped it out of mass effect 1 (it sounded very similar when you died) the difference is that it's very annoying to hear it 8-12 times a game
14. Give me a pre-game screen of the players or A proper countdown t know who's on my team and who I'm fighting against.
15. Fix the head magnetism on the sniper, Headshots are way too easy now
16. A small tutorial on what the new moves were would have been nice. Evolve just did their big alpha and had a video for every ability for every class playable explaining how to use or do the ability. Also a button layout would have been nice, it's hard to jump in from the MCC to this new button layout without any guidance.

I actually like:
1. Smart scope
2. Boosters and Sprinting
3. A.I. Team call-outs (although it does make the necessity for good communication and teamwork kind of moot, I like talking to real people)
4. The Map TRUTH is amazing, I might be even better than midship.
5. Breakout seems fun but needs better balancing, I've been stuck with teams that are too Overpowered and with teams that are too Underpowered, NOT FUN any of them, give me a challenge, not something to hard, nor too easy.
6. Light Rifle, looks cool, and feels different in a good way.
7. Prophets Bane, very fun to use
8. Hydra looks very Fun
9. I like the sprint fight or flight mechanic and how it's connected to the shields
10. Ground Pound is good but very hard too pull off. Still it is very satisfying.

Please don't make this into a call of duty, please don't make this a game exclusive to appeal to Esports gaming, please don't launch this game with bugs like MCC.

Please make a Halo Game, I want Halo, not anything else, I just want Halo.

Many thanks for reading.
P.S. don't bash that I am either trash or you are super good because you get double kills and triple kills all the time, if you do good for you, you are not the norm, hence you a very small target population for the marketing of this game. I am just calling it how I see it.
Personally, I've only got about 4 hours in the beta so far, so far be it from me to critisize, but my recomendations are as follows:

1. Better defined ranking system in finished game, for those who love to push for ranks... (Not just a 1-50 system, or the rank emblem system, and for gawd's sake DO NOT DO THE FREAKING CSR Ranking system, as nobody even understands how that works at all.

2. During matchmaking choices, ensure solid Rank catagory searches (so that we're not a level 5 paired with a level 20 and so on, but so that you're matched with other level 1-10 or something of that nature, level 1 would me matched with 1-5, or so on...), Region select (North America, UK, AU, EU, etc.), and by gawd, please, LANGUAGE! I speak ENGLISH, and hate non english speakers in my game/party chat. It confuses the hell outta me, and makes me wanna rage. Seriously.

3. PLEASE shrink and focus the HITBOX detection alignment, so when I shoot someone in the groin, it doesnt give me a Headshot... (Not that I'm complaining, but it's a bit out there, unless the player had his head up his -Yoink-...)

4. CHANGE the killcam, to show the players THROWING the grenades, not the grenades bouncing as they kill you... I dont care about what object killed me, but who threw it, or placed it, and they're perspective.

5. ENSURE that we can use THEATER for reviewing the game for later evaluation, not just the whole "Xbox, record that" stupid command from the One interface.

6. I ask and BEG for one final thing. SUPER HUGE MAPS please. You cannot snipe on a SMALL MAP. The ones in the beta to date are extremely close to mid range maps, and being a Sniper in all previous HALO games, I prefer to sit back from a distance, and snipe from cover... which you cannot do in a close quarters map. (Having snipers on such maps is overkill, since the DMR is basically the same thing for a midrange map).

Just my two cents on the Beta so far. Will add more as I play more. Thanks, 343i, for your hard work on this. Best beta in the Franchise to date.
UNSC Trekman
Is the ranking system broke or am I missing something?

I'm seeing players with a worse KDA then me, less wins, and they're a higher rank; like silver or gold, etc.

For example here are my current stats:
Currently I'm a Bronze II. My KDA is 3.2, I'm winning about 53% of my games (1101 kills vs 802 deaths w/475 assists, SR16 66k Xp).

These guys have higher ranks than me, but worse stats:
- A Gold I with a 0.3 KDA, winning about 47% of his games, (723 kills vs 795 deaths w/465 assists, 58k xp).
- A Bronze III with a -7.7 KDA, winning about 23% of his games (66 kills, 205 deaths w/53 assists, 7k xp).
- A Gold I with a -4.4 KDA, winning 44% of his games, (293 kills, 512 deaths, 275 assists, 22k xp).

So, yeah. Not understanding how the ranking system works. Maybe it's cause it's the beta, but I hope this isn't how it will be in the full game.

Also, I think your rank should be based off of your personal performance, not whether you win a match or not. I don't see how you can get an accurate picture of how good a player really is based off of that. If you have a high rank, but a terrible KDA, whoop D friggin do. Then if you have a better KDA, but a lower rank, that sucks.
Cama Ex wrote:
There also appears to be a strange glitch where players are raising their hands in their air (except when sprinting) and you cannot actually see the weapon when aiming, just the reticule.
They must be waving their hands like no one cares.
WOW!, juts WOW! Spartans are made out of paper in the beta. I really hope the final game does not look anything like this beta. I will NOT PREORDER unless a see a significant improvement in multiplayer gameplay.

Note: I am a huge halo fan, own all the games, all the comics, all the movies, all the books, some collectors editions and play regularly. I have preordered all the Halo games

Also this is my first time leaving serious feedback as I am truly concerned 343 is mutating the game in a way that feels unrecognizable to the Base Halo players who are loyal and have stuck with it since 2001.

My concerns:
1. Paper Spartans, YOU DIE WAY TOO QUICK (I am a veteran and skilled halo player with KD about 1.5-1.9 (I know it's not pro level but I focus more on being a team player) and more on all HALO multiplayers 2,3,Reach,4) if I want paper Spartans I will buy Call of duty.
2. Grenade spamming is ridiculous. either nerf the grenades, make them a pick up, or limit their numbers to 1.
3. What's the point on having health bars if you die from 2-3 Assault rifle shots?
4. For gods sake give of info on what's happening worldwide on Halo servers. i.e. How many players are on and per playlist, a map like the one on Halo 3 showing per region activity. Something to distract us from the loading game or searching players, A tip or strategy or Halo history whatever.
5. Of course connectivity issues, but that's ok because it's the beta (although MCC sets a bad precedent, really bad)
7. Spawns are really bad. On several games I got spawned in the middle of 2-3 opponents getting me killed immediately. I know it's a beta, but fix those too please.
8. The Map EDEN is way too dark, WAY too dark. It also feels exactly like empire but at night. (come on give me original maps).
9. DMR vs. Battle rifle was somewhat even especially at long distances, now it's like BR wins every time no matter the distance, either nerf the BR or beef up the DMR.
11. Assault Rifle and SMG is there any difference, really? Really??? they serve the same purpose (in-game), differentiate more please
12. Energy sword looks weak vs. the Prophets Bane (stick with one guys, similar issue with AR vs. SMG)
13. Respawn music is the worst, it sounds like you ripped it out of mass effect 1 (it sounded very similar when you died) the difference is that it's very annoying to hear it 8-12 times a game
14. Give me a pre-game screen of the players or A proper countdown t know who's on my team and who I'm fighting against.
16. A small tutorial on what the new moves were would have been nice. Evolve just did their big alpha and had a video for every ability for every class playable explaining how to use or do the ability. Also a button layout would have been nice, it's hard to jump in from the MCC to this new button layout without any guidance.

I actually like:
1. Smart scope
3. A.I. Team call-outs (although it does make the necessity for good communication and teamwork kind of moot, I like talking to real people)
5. Breakout seems fun but needs better balancing, I've been stuck with teams that are too Overpowered and with teams that are too Underpowered, NOT FUN any of them, give me a challenge, not something to hard, nor too easy.
8. Hydra looks very Fun
9. I like the sprint fight or flight mechanic and how it's connected to the shields
10. Ground Pound is good but very hard too pull off. Still it is very satisfying.

Please don't make this into a call of duty, please don't make this a game exclusive to appeal to Esports gaming, please don't launch this game with bugs like MCC.

Many thanks for reading.
P.S. don't bash that I am either trash or you are super good because you get double kills and triple kills all the time, if you do good for you, you are not the norm, hence you a very small target population for the marketing of this game. I am just calling it how I see it.
To be honest, I agree FULLY 100% with this, with one exception. Instead of taking away the SMG or anything like that, make it SILENCED... and make it so the Silencer eliminates the directional hitmarkers when taking damage. That will give a perfect difference between the SMG and the AR.

No trash talking here, but way to go pointing all this out. I couldn't say it better myself.
UNSC Trekman
So far I am enjoying the beta but I feel a few things need to be changed for the final game.
-----

Search times - Takes forever with various messages popping up such as "Unable to Match" and "Networking Difficulties".

Time to kill - Way too fast for Halo, I'm pretty sure you can kill in less than a second with most standard weapons. My main problem with this is that it almost eliminates "the dance" (strafing), which is a big part of the Halo feel. Increase the TTK so it is slightly longer than Halo 4.

Intermission - Remove it for ranked and reduce it for social (or remove it). Should never play the same people twice in a row during ranked play and 70 seconds is too long anyway.

Friendly fire - Please re-enable.

Kill-cams - Either make them work like they should or remove them. I suggest you stop using Crysis as a reference point (as their kill-cams also suck) and use Call of Duty.

Thruster pack - Easily my favourite ability, used it all the time in Halo 4. However, at the moment it is currently too easily spammed. Increase the cool down by about a second.

Sprint - Seeing as it probably won't be removed, slow it down slightly.

Things I do like about the beta though.
-----

Breakout - It's just fun but an objective of sorts would be nice.

Magnum - The feel of this weapon IS perfect.

BR Starts - For once this gametype is dynamic and does not turn into a stalemate.

General suggestions
-----

Power weapons - I feel all the maps in the beta would benefit from an additional power weapon. Rockets on Empire, Shotgun on Truth etc.

Power ups - You know, overshield, camo, damage boost, where are they? Please add them.

Dual wielding - Bring it back, it would also help differentiate the SMG and AR more.

My concerns:

I actually like:
1. Smart scope
8. Hydra looks very Fun

Many thanks for reading.

To be honest, I agree FULLY 100% with this, with one exception. Instead of taking away the SMG or anything like that, make it SILENCED... and make it so the Silencer eliminates the directional hitmarkers when taking damage. That will give a perfect difference between the SMG and the AR.

No trash talking here, but way to go pointing all this out. I couldn't say it better myself.
UNSC Trekman
I agree a silencer or something would make it better, they're just too much alike.
Also Reduce the Time to kill, the strafe or Dance as Mlp256 called it is what makes halo multiplayer HALO MULTIPLAYER.
I would like to see more of that.
After playing the game a little more and trying out the new game mode + the other 2 Slayer maps, the thing that strikes me the most is how the grenades have an extreme blast radius, and it doesn't help that the maps are made in a way that there is usually no escaping from them even with the booster. Grenades up stairs (I can't think of the name of that area in the Eden map, but it's on the side of the map near the SMG anyways) will hit you even if you think you're low enough from getting hit, and then the shield is so low a shot will usually finish you off anyways. Many of the rooms are big open-spaces with no ways to clamp or sprint/boost to safety, barely any walls to hide behind in hopes that the other player won't try to get to you and walls are so high and many form "Ls" that you can bounce grenades everywhere (and they'll hit!!). So basically, what this tells me is stay near the areas with the most escape options or just don't go there. There's no point. Aaaaand this leads to camping... Don't try to tell me it's "map control."

As usual, NOBODY goes in the middle of any map to fight it out and everyone camps in their little areas with their little snipes and BRs and other long range weapon. This is what saddens me the most, and it all started with Reach. Seems like there's no way around it even with Spartans on the same playing field. Now I get that the loadout this week are BRs, but still. Everyone went for these weapons anyways last week too.

With all that said and with my previous post, I'd say my biggest complaint with the beta so far are the maps and the long-range guns that are good at mid and short range as well. There's just something that doesn't work here. I really don't see myself playing the arena for more than a couple of matches to be honest, and I wouldn't say I'm that bad at Halo (and the newest ones mostly).
Change the colouring of Eden to be more yellowish. The bluish-environment ascetic is giving Blue team an unfair visual advantage because of how well they can colour-blend in the environment. My teammates and I when we were on Red Team, could hardly see Blue Spartans at anything beyond close range most of the time because of how well they blend into the environment.
One thing I think would make for a huge improvement is to disable boosters when using the sword.
The sword already allows you to lunge a far distance, adding to the fact that the boosters pretty much doubles that distance makes using the sword highly overpowered. That's really my only complaint so far with the beta, otherwise really fun.
Sprint is not Halo. Period.
I've been having an issue with being forced into game chat while I'm in a party with friends. I havent had any other friends with this issue. Anyone else encountering this problem?

Ummm, have you not played Halo 1-3?? I mean just play Halo 2 where you can carry 8 grenades (4 frags and 4 stickies). Throwing a ton of one-kill grenades is classic Halo. That right there makes me doubt your a true Halo guy/gal.
bring back the Saw as a power weapon.<div>
Introduce unlockable assassination animations, longer, more elaborate and aesthetically pleasing ones requiring you to hold the melee down through out and making you obviously vulnerable to attack.
</div><div>

</div><div>Increase TTK and nerf pistol range. Combine Trench and Crossfire into 1 slayer map.</div>
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 84