4. 7
  5. 8
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. ...
  9. 84
Tenryuu X wrote:
ar need a buff. smg shouldnt be better then it at mid range
Yeah the range on some weapons seems a bit odd.. I don't think they need damage tweaked it's just the ranges on them need a bit of sorting. The SMG doing tons of damage is fine but it should only do it really close, and I think the range on the AR could be a bit more maybe?

It also seems that when using the SMG and Smart Link you are like crazy accurate?
The BR starts have ruined the Beta for me. I used to have a lot of fun playing competitively with AR not because of the skill required to use it, but the team work that came with it. The AR is now a formidable weapon, but pickups are so much better than it, and so there's a reason to know your map surroundings and pick up weapons like the SMG. Now, with BR starts, I barely talk to my team mates nor do they talk to me about plans and call-outs. We just run around the map shooting our BR's hoping that strafing and aiming will give us our kill.

The 1st week of the Beta was all about team work and map control, now it's a call of duty game where your skill determines if you win a fight, and boom, your done. I want team play in halo, not the same thing for 7 years.
The BR starts have ruined the Beta for me. I used to have a lot of fun playing competitively with AR not because of the skill required to use it, but the team work that came with it. The AR is now a formidable weapon, but pickups are so much better than it, and so there's a reason to know your map surroundings and pick up weapons like the SMG. Now, with BR starts, I barely talk to my team mates nor do they talk to me about plans and call-outs. We just run around the map shooting our BR's hoping that strafing and aiming will give us our kill.

The 1st week of the Beta was all about team work and map control, now it's a call of duty game where your skill determines if you win a fight, and boom, your done. I want team play in halo, not the same thing for 7 years.
I agree BR start makes pickup weapons useless...
God I really hope Halo 5: Gaurdians has a long campaign. With all the set up with Halo 4's ending, Halo Infinity, and all the Locke and Arbiter set up; the game really deserves to be long, and I mean like Halo 2 long- if not, longer. These new stories and characters that are being developed are WAY too interesting to just be in a 9 mission, 8 hour campaign. Halo 4 was great, but admittedly short, and deserved to be longer. But maybe it does work as a good starting point for even longer, but just as-if not richer stories.
I really hope 343 tries to create a fantastic and lengthy story for Halo 5, maintaining a long and deep focus on the story for it as well as any future games rather than stretching out everything for all the future games in 8 hour hollow missions just to tie to the multiplayer and please Paul Marketing.
This. If 343i takes anything away from this beta it's that they should not be hinging all of their bets on a very polarizing MP.

Having to use skill to get a kill isn't call of duty, it's Halo. Call of Duty works on twitch shooting lol. Halo works on continued fighting and skill with aiming not just fire and forget twitch shooting like COD. Some people are better with the BR than others. I'm sure they'll have more gametype options when the game comes out. You know, games with AR starts and games with SMG starts.
HAVOK101 wrote:

. Oh and by the way having to use skill to get a kill isn't call of duty, it's Halo.Call of Duty works on twitch shooting lol. Halo works on continued fighting not just fire and forget like COD. Some people are better with the BR than others. I'm sure they'll have more gametype options when the game comes out. You know, games with AR starts and games with SMG starts.
I just want one with BR and Ar start, it will make both parties happy

I agree BR start makes pickup weapons useless...
The issue is that the BR should ALWAYS be a pick up weapon, the same with the DMR. If everyone starts off with an incredibly accurate death cannon in their hands there is no reason to pick up any other weapon on the map. AR starts should be in all playlists except for specific BR designated gametypes. If I can kill the entire enemy team who has snipers, rockets, swords ETC then you know the weapon is extremely OP.
Since my last post some things have change for me regarding this beta.

I feel that the Spartans are weaker than they where in past games, there are situations where i have the tactical advantage they aren't looking at me and even when I'm the first one to engage them they somehow are able to kill me like i was some worthless little Grunt. And other times where i have a superior weapon to my opponent and somehow they are able to take me out... >:(
My only theory behind this is team balancing.... Now i'm not a pro but my average K/D is around 5.0, i'm a casual player who sometimes might play a excellent game and get high scores so shouldn't i be match with players with this mind set. I am starting to get sick of fighting against players who have high K/D scores and are at higher rank (Onyx, Semi-Pro). There needs to be a better matching system so that casual players don't have to die every time they go up against a pro player.

Moving onto the new maps Eden, Regret, Trench and Crossfire, where to start....
Regret is a worthless unimaginative map i have ever seen in the halo franchise, you may think that Halo Reach's Campaign maps where lousy but a "Remix" map i'm sorry 343 but this is total -Yoink-. I don't want to play on a map that is basically the same as Truth, there have been better maps made by the community better than this knockoff. Eden is alright again it seems to be like another "Empire" but at least Eden tries to give its own look, however my only dislike for the map is the lighting its to dam dark. Blue team blends into the background making it almost impossible to engage one, i don't mind if its takes place at night, but for god almighty please put lights on the map so we can see them.
Now as for Trench and Crossfire, now these are worthy maps. I love the tron theme, but again blue team seems to blend into the map aesthetics.

Now for the new gametype Breakout, i love it.... 343 this should be the competitive playlist not slayer, slayer shouldn't be about domination but should be for casual playing. Breakout really does fit into the teamwork and domination. i would watch livestream vids of Breakout being played by real Pro's.

Now the new weapons the Hydra, Lightrifle and the classic energy sword.
lets start with the obvious the Energy Sword, good moving on. The lightrifle, I am happy to see this weapon return one weapon in Halo 4 i would happily pick up. however it just doesn't feel the same, how to put this simply.... it feels so heavy to use and i don't like the way it fires feels clunky and crude, its a forerunner weapon it shouldn't be like i'm caring a boulder it should be elegant like i'm caring a high tech badass alien gun. so my suggestion is that you just use the sae version you used in halo 4.
now for the Hydra...... haven't even used it becuase its on Regret and that map is F#&$ing stupid.
If we're gonna play brs than let us dodge twice in a row the cool down for the dodge is to long as for our shields
Gameplay

Feels like halo and love the fast gameplay (Play Halo since day one)
Sprint is positive and I think balanced because the shield loading time
Ground Pound is ok and not overpowered, it’s very rare someone actually use it
Dash is awesome
Smart Scope looks good and don’t change the original halo gameplay
Powerweapons announced is good because I am tired to count every time by myself
Also the Spartan bros are sometimes very helpful and at this point not annoying.
I don’t like the killcams, we want to see get teebaged and everybody skips the killcam anyway.
This music when you die must stop. So annoying.

I think the gameplay is one of the best halo ever had, because it is fast and definitely need skill to win. Halo must evolve and don’t stay at h2 and h3 (by the way awesome games)

Weapons

Every weapon feels balanced and good to use
AR a little bit to overpowered
I think a little bit to less power weapons like just one Sword. Here needs another near range weapon like the shotgun.
Weapon Sound is ok.
Snipe Scope is a little bit broken
Hopefully in the final game are some more Weapons beside the BR/DMR etc. like covenant weapons plasma pistol and carbine

Ranking System / Matchmaking

Ranking System is ok but I prefer the 1-50 in H2 and H3
often you got matched with a lot of people with a lower rank and bad skills
The MVP in the loser team should not lose points but also don’t get points
I Remember the Ranking system in halo Reach where every Player got ranked by himself so there was no actual Team play because everybody tried to steal the kills from your mates. Worst Ranking ever.
But fact is there need to be a competitive ranking system to keep motivating.
Often you stuck in a lobby which won’t start and can’t leave the lobby.

One of the biggest problems in this game is the connection. I really hope they can fix this. I live in Germany and very often not all shots hit my enemy. Also the AR is depending very much from the connection. Where is the power of the cloud from Microsoft?

Maps
I like the Map´s and you can get with a good team the map control.
Maps are to colourful need to fixed. Sometimes the blue team is hard to see
But please don´t make every map look the same like the first fourth.
In Reach was every map created in forge or something from the single player campaign.
Bring every map a unique map design.
Only in Breakout I think is it ok to have the same design because it feels like a Spartan training tournament

Break Out

I Think is a great game mode and had some fun time.
It remember me to paintball with the lot of cover and the deep teamgameplay.
But I think they should give us a full shield because a lot of guys just camp in the bag with his BR and some mates. It´s the same like in COD. When you die very fast a lot of people with no skill will camp and aim in one direction to get a kill.

Wish list

BETTER CONNECTIONS
keep competitive (like the K/D in the profile and competitive ranks is good)
Different Map Layouts
A lot of skirmish Game types
big team battle
some fun game Modes like griffball or action sack
More weapons and don´t remove so much weapons from the previous games
HALO 2 In game Clan, so much fun to play with your clan against other ones

I think 343 will get this and make one of the best Halo games ever. Me and my friends are playing halo since day one and always competitive. We didn’t like Reach (Maps, Ranking and Abilities) and H4 because of Abilities, weapon drops and the lack of a ranking system and now we all play the beta for hours and are so hyped for the next fall.

Sorry for the bad english :D
Honestly as of right now the only thing I would change is the ranking system. Make it based on K/D per match and actual player performance instead of the win/loss system it is now.
Skipping the stats screen early after a match by pressing B makes the "Experience Meter" noise keep playing on the next interlude and match making screen.
Honestly as of right now the only thing I would change is the ranking system. Make it based on K/D per match and actual player performance instead of the win/loss system it is now.
I don´t think this is the best way because you play now against your own team. The player who gets the powerweapon makes more kills than the other ones but they must give you cover. Win/Loss is ok because it is a Teamgame but when you are losing and you are the mvp you shouldnt lose points.
Hi I'm enjoying the halo 5 beta so far but the only issue I have, is pushing the left stick forward and pressing it down to activate sprint it's not very comfortable, I have to REALLY!! Press hard to get it to activate and it doesn't always activate, it's temperamental. if you could change it so that you can press down the left stick and then push it forward so resembles battlefield 4 it would be greatly appreciated thank you
Hi I'm enjoying the halo 5 beta so far but the only issue I have, is pushing the left stick forward and pressing it down to activate sprint it's not very comfortable, I have to REALLY!! Press hard to get it to activate and it doesn't always activate, it's temperamental. if you could change it so that you can press down the left stick and then push it forward so resembles battlefield 4 it would be greatly appreciated thank
JA50N 0 wrote:
I know alot of people dont like the kill cam, but I'd be pulling my hair out if I didnt find out how I died, sometimes it seems like a complete mystery to me.
Sometimes its a complete mystery even with the kill cam lol
So I like it but would change these things if anything:

Shoulder barge doesnt kill the enemy and leaves you wide open afterwards. I'd like it to be an instant kill.

Ground pound is next to pointless due to the cool down time...not entirely sure what to do about this as if it is changed too much it could be game breaking
Please fix CSR ranking. Its lime taking one step forward and two - three steps back :( never gonna rank up

Also I would love to be able to duel weild in breakout, and when I customize my spartan its too dark and I can't see what the spartan looks lime very well
I really enjoying this beta, but little little issues with frag grenade and they treated the grenade as it thier main primary weapon because alot people kept throwing it around the maps and it kinda annoying in breakout mode, and one last thing is elites are going ever be playable?
You would think the BR is overpowered after knowing how bad it is in 2

I deleted the Beta, ill play it when it come out.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 6
  4. 7
  5. 8
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. ...
  9. 84