Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Halo 5 flinch

OP Chianese

I'm sitting here playing the beta and I'm wondering why my BR isn't killing anyone, I realize that my reticule is going above the players head when I'm being hit therefore I'm now shooting over the head because I aim for the head like your supposed to yet I'm being body shot and lose my BR fights. This game is turning out to be a failure all ready, you know what game uses flinch? COD. I'm all ready sick of this beta and to all the people saying this doesn't play like COD than just look at breakout. Sprint, ADS, Flinch now.
Confirmed glitch and won't be in the game.
I hope so
I hope so
How do you know? Source?
Yea, let's see if that's true. This IS 343, so chances are flinch will be in the final game. If it is in the game, Halo 5 will die just as fast as H4. Flinch is incredibly stupid.
Firmaments wrote:

Yea, let's see if that's true. This IS 343, so chances are flinch will be in the final game. If it is in the game, Halo 5 will die just as fast as H4. Flinch is incredibly stupid.
It really is because I'm penalized for aiming at the opposing players head when he shoots my body to kill me. Completely takes skill out of the game.
I couldn't agree more. A little recoil is fine, but not to the point where you have to literally miss headshots by hitting bodies, just in order for a headshot to count. That and the snipe recoil needs to be greatly reduced. Missing one shot it so dangerous with how much recoil and how slow the fire rate is. Personally, i think a slower fire rate is fine, but when each shot vibrates the controller out of my hands and sends my reticule sky high, it becomes an issue.
343's studio head Josh holmes confimed flinch to be a glitch and wont be in the final on his twitter some time ago.
Sorry i cant find the link but if you wish to ask/search you should check there.
https://twitter.com/joshingtonstate/status/549624652117454848
Quote:
We’re aware of a couple of reaction anims that are causing a slight flinch-like effect. It will be fixed post-beta.
Also, it usually is better to aim for the body unless your know you're teamshooting. When the shields pop, aim a bit higher. However during actual gameplay, the BR is better served shooting at the chest which has less "miss" area than the head can give. The aim-assists have allowed for many a headshot by doing this since Halo3.
Quote:
We’re aware of a couple of reaction anims that are causing a slight flinch-like effect. It will be fixed post-beta.

Also, it usually is better to aim for the body unless your know you're teamshooting. When the shields pop, aim a bit higher. However during actual gameplay, the BR is better served shooting at the chest which has less "miss" area than the head can give. The aim-assists have allowed for many a headshot by doing this since Halo3.
I wish it were fixed in the actual BETA, would make things better and give us a better thought on what it'd be like after BETA.
343's studio head Josh holmes confimed flinch to be a glitch and wont be in the final on his twitter some time ago.
Sorry i cant find the link but if you wish to ask/search you should check there.
I really don't understand how a game mechanic itself can be a glitch. I would assume they had to code it into the game for it to exist. This leads me to believe that them calling it a glitch is a blatant lie. If the final product has flinch, I can guarantee I won't buy it.
Firmaments wrote:

I really don't understand how a game mechanic itself can be a glitch. I would assume they had to code it into the game for it to exist. This leads me to believe that them calling it a glitch is a blatant lie. If the final product has flinch, I can guarantee I won't buy it.
He said the animations caused a flinch like effect. Making a game is crazy complex and sometimes you don't realize how one thing will affect another. I doubt they're lying about flinch and if the guy says it's unintentional and they will take it out then I'm sure you can count on them taking it out.
Quote:

Please do not tell me how to play halo lmao, check my stats than look at yours. Now back to mine, now yours again. You were a commander grade 3 in H3 for Christs sake. I think I know how to play halo.