Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] "Halo 5 Getting New $25 Microtransaction"?

OP B002Y

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 16
Asavage853 wrote:
Oh my, people still crying about micro transactions like they're being forced to buy them. If it helps 343 bottom line then by all means go nuts 343. They just won't be getting any money from me. Pretty much everything is attainable by grinding. Don't feel like grinding? Then buy reqs.
Technically, people have to buy REQ Packs in order for the "free" DLC to actually be free. Individuals may not have to purchase a single pack, but if the collective wasn't buying them then nobody gets the DLC for free.
Actually it is for really completing the game, not free DLC.... So if nobody buys REQ's then the game wouldn't get finished lol.
probably some weapon skins.
I don't see why someone would buy this. Seems pointless to me. Who cares about cosmetics items?
Well im a sucker for cosmetic items so im definitley gonna buy it.
The Sector wrote:
Asavage853 wrote:
Oh my, people still crying about micro transactions like they're being forced to buy them. If it helps 343 bottom line then by all means go nuts 343. They just won't be getting any money from me. Pretty much everything is attainable by grinding. Don't feel like grinding? Then buy reqs.
Technically, people have to buy REQ Packs in order for the "free" DLC to actually be free. Individuals may not have to purchase a single pack, but if the collective wasn't buying them then nobody gets the DLC for free.
Actually it is for really completing the game, not free DLC.... So if nobody buys REQ's then the game wouldn't get finished lol.
You might have a point. I mean, if people didn't buy packs to fund the DLC, would we even be getting gametypes left out of the game? Those appear to be pushed out with the "free" updates, would they still be made available.
B002Y wrote:
B002Y wrote:
Oh my god please learn to read things thoroughly before you come to complain.

COSMETIC ITEMS ONLY!
How can you justify $25 for only cosmetic items? Maybe I need to "get" with the times
how much did you spend on the clothes you are wearing now?
Lulz, you think clothes for actual life is the same as video game make-believe fantasyland space war armor.

K.
but arent clothes just cosmetic items themselves?

your smaller mind cannot comprehend the connection i am making USING YOUR OWN WORDS
Wow dude your argument skillz are L337
Jazzle2K14 wrote:
I'll mostly pick this up, should only be about £15 in the UK.
hopefully it will be
25$ 0-0
I like the req system on halo 5 I payed 200$ already
The Sector wrote:
Asavage853 wrote:
You might have a point. I mean, if people didn't buy packs to fund the DLC, would we even be getting gametypes left out of the game? Those appear to be pushed out with the "free" updates, would they still be made available.
This back and forth right here deserves all the points! Everything just resonates perfectly and brings forth the reasonable criticisms of the current content model which has consisted of nothing but bs remixed maps as well as modes that were at launch options in previous games. The new reqs aren't even applicable to arena whose players still deal with a crapshoot of RNG req packs which may contain items that we can't even use. So instead of giving arena a req buff so we can get more faster they elect to sell it to us for $25? Shove it 343 give the arena players a fair shake instead of a shake down. We spent just as much money on the base game as the war zone players we deserve some fair treatment in the unlocks department, especially since we can only use the emblems, weapon skins, and armor which basically only pop up in gold packs.
The Sector wrote:
Asavage853 wrote:
When did Halo become a GoFundMe/Kickstarter style game with stretch goals? :(

If we make $1,000,000 we'll add Oddball. $2,000,000 and we'll add King of the Kill. $3,000,000 and we'll add Infection...and so on.

And it takes about as long to get content out as Star Citizen does.
Hey, no is going to hate you if you don't get it, its not the end of the world. This is why I like the req system, you don't have to get them with real money if you don't want to, they arent forcing it on you or anything, just chill man, chill.
mk v is confirmed to be in it
That's great and all, but it isn't worth $25 for an armor set. They sold the MK V armor in a content pack for Halo 4 that's contained additional armors and maps as well and they charged what $5-$6 for it?
Danny Wier wrote:
You are free to pay whatever you want, it is your money. But you've effectively bought three copies of Halo 5 with that spending on items you would have been able to get for free in previous Halo games through Achievements, accomplishing things in-game like beating it on Legendary or just earning cR to buy whatever armor you wanted.
CeresVR wrote:
Hey, no is going to hate you if you don't get it, its not the end of the world. This is why I like the req system, you don't have to get them with real money if you don't want to, they arent forcing it on you or anything, just chill man, chill.
Unless you want guaranteed cosmetics and not RNG crap. Same with the vehicle pack. They serve a specific purpose that you can't find anywhere else, but you have to pay real money for a guaranteed vehicle cert or guaranteed only cosmetic items.

No I will not chill. Not until they make a pack available at the very least for req points.
It does show a new stance look on the left of the halo waypoint image
mk v armor is confirmed to be in the arena req bundle 2 pack a week for 7 week
Why does everyone think that the micro-transactions are for finishing, they aren't. If they were, they would have explicit stretch goals, which they dont. Also, they did say they are working on the gametypes. Give them time people, I bet they want those gametypes in the game just as much as we all do, which is most likely why they are doing their very bust to get them out as soon as possible.
B002Y wrote:
Oh my god please learn to read things thoroughly before you come to complain.

COSMETIC ITEMS ONLY!
How can you justify $25 for only cosmetic items? Maybe I need to "get" with the times
People complained that req packs would break the game, since people could simply buy their way up the weapon tree. That hasn't proven even half true. Now, a voluntary series of req packs that does nothing more than give players cosmetic items is cause for complaint.
Let's be honest. Buying any req pack is a waste of money. Then again, so is buying Halo or any other video game. If someone wants to buy a bunch of helmets and weapon skins they'll never use, that's on them. You don't have to pay for them, and neither do I. For that, I know that I have not a leg to stand on were I to complain.
Danny Wier wrote:
You are free to pay whatever you want, it is your money. But you've effectively bought three copies of Halo 5 with that spending on items you would have been able to get for free in previous Halo games through Achievements, accomplishing things in-game like beating it on Legendary or just earning cR to buy whatever armor you wanted.
even buying all the map packs would have only cost about $90-$100 with the base game. This is why I think microtransactions are hysterical. It dings you small so you think you spend less than provisional DLC and you end up spending 2-3 times as much. Honestly if you can afford to pay 2-3 dollars to unlock content already in the game you can pay 10 to get some actual new content. It's pathetic.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 16