Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Halo 5 Good or bad

OP Phantom wolf833

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Worst game to date. Too many things changed or broken and too many things added. There are a handfull of good changes that they made but an insane amount of problems
I think halo 5 is ok better then some halo games.
Ill give it a 8/10
To me it's as good as any Halo game from CE to now. They all have pros and cons, but Halo 5 is good for me. Halo 5 is actually the first Halo where I ever played through the Campaign. It was terrible and taught me to stick with my conviction to never play the campaign. Multiplayer is all that matters.
Definitely good. The campaign's story has some flaws, buts it's level design and gameplay are a blast to play through. Plus the multiplayer is just phenomenal.
I think all this game needs are more playlists, more game modes within those playlists, some armor effects, better armor/helmet combos and it will be as good as reach.
It's not a great game, but it could have been the best Halo of all with regional server selection and a few things added and removed.
Worst game to date. Too many things changed or broken and too many things added. There are a handfull of good changes that they made but an insane amount of problems
And, too much removed.
Decent shooter. Not a good Halo game. It has a multitude of problems and 343 made a lot of bad decisions that just down right suck. Bad ranking system, no map voting, you can't see who you're playing against or their stats. Which to me is infuriating. You have no way of communicating to players before or after the game, you unlock armor by chance and not by accomplishments. Forced Pistol starts, I could keep going on and on. I still occasionally play Halo 5 but it is the worst Halo game in the series by far but mainly because of very poor decisions on 343s part.
Worst Halo game to date. To say the campaign is well below Halo's standards is an understatement. Warzone is the pay-to-win BTB substitute that nobody asked for. Warzone Firefight has no customization, no ability to play offline or in single-player, and comes with plenty of frustrating spawns, unreasonable respawn penalties, and bullet-sponge enemies. Arena is chaotic and unbalanced due to the combination of poorly-designed maps, Spartan Abilities, and nerfed motion tracker range. The gameplay is geared too much towards competitive players with very little for casual players to enjoy.

Armor customization is stripped-down and filled with dozens of forgettable and bizarre-looking new armor sets while fan-favorite armors were left behind. The REQ system is flooded with an unnecessary number of weapon and vehicle variants that can only be unlocked randomly, with no real progression. The art style is even worse than in Halo 4; the Covenant look as freakish as they did in that game, only now their vehicles are just as bad.

The only thing this game has going for it is Forge, and even that is held back by the steep learning curve for controls compared to previous games.
Worst Halo game to date. To say the campaign is well below Halo's standards is an understatement. Warzone is the pay-to-win BTB substitute that nobody asked for. Warzone Firefight has no customization, no ability to play offline or in single-player, and comes with plenty of frustrating spawns, unreasonable respawn penalties, and bullet-sponge enemies. Arena is chaotic and unbalanced due to the combination of poorly-designed maps, Spartan Abilities, and nerfed motion tracker range. The gameplay is geared too much towards competitive players with very little for casual players to enjoy.

Armor customization is stripped-down and filled with dozens of forgettable and bizarre-looking new armor sets while fan-favorite armors were left behind. The REQ system is flooded with an unnecessary number of weapon and vehicle variants that can only be unlocked randomly, with no real progression. The art style is even worse than in Halo 4; the Covenant look as freakish as they did in that game, only now their vehicles are just as bad.

The only thing this game has going for it is Forge, and even that is held back by the steep learning curve for controls compared to previous games.
Beautifully said. Glad to know im not the only one who feels this way.
Don't like the abilities for the Spartans. Thruster pack especially, makes situations a win win for people. Older Halos if you made a mistake walking into a room, no Thruster Packing out of it. Had to learn, and think. Took more skill. Some of the others feel and look like things ripped from Destiny.
I really like it but it is quite a bit different from the others. Basic arena is very good in my opinion. Warzone I give 5/10, mainly due to the req system. Too unbalanced. The first few months after launch were great though, before the matches were flooded with one hit kill reqs. Campaign makes me want to cry lol. Hunt the Truth had me so amped up, then the campaign was just a major disappointment. Just regular old Halo 5 slayer though, I could play forever. I'm not that good, but it's just fun.
Tbh, I despised of Halo 5 in the first month and never played it again until recently. I learned to forgive 343 for their hype train wreck, and Halo 5 is sub-par when you look past the original proposed game
I personally think its OK, but it's no Halo reach!
It's funny that you compare it and put reach on the pedestal. I remember the bungie forums blowing up with reach sucks it's all about halo 3. Reach had it's flaws... halo 5 as much as I love this franchise and all... man it feels off. I like the multiplayer. I liked campaign to an extent. Req packs I'll never understand. Req points are the worst. Customization is great with all it has... that is what the community wanted and cried for at the time. There's just so much going on that it might have been too much. I understand that the dlcs were "free" and they have to make money somehow but man as I keep playing and the req points keep adding up... it leaves me to wonder just what was the end game for that? Will it ever be addressed? Am I just supposed to keep collecting and hope they transfer to halo 6? Lol. We all know that's definitely a no... I'm not bashing on this game. It just feels... blah at the moment. Don't get me wrong. I have fun playing
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2