3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 14
phoreman wrote:
i think halo 5 graphics have been disappointing to say the least. especially these terrible forged BTB maps. When i first saw them i couldn't believe it. When i compare this game to other FPS its pretty obvious that they didn't try that hard for the 3 years of development. look at CoD maps, sure fallout doesnt look great but thats just one comparison. the campaign looked pretty good but who plays the campaign more than once? (most people i know don't even play the campaign ever)

. and still no split screen. its all just sad
alot of people re-run the halo campaign,,,,for achievements,,,legendary co-op idk where ur getting that from
PurityGuy wrote:
Graphics. Do. Not. Matter.
I'll say it again, in most cases graphics aren't all that important you are right. HOWEVER, when 343 decides to cut split screen in order to preserve graphics and frame rate and uses that as their primary excuse then they become very important. If you are going to cut such a massive feature out of the game the graphics better look damn good. Sadly they don't at all. Like others have said I think halo 4 looks better than halo 5
If you're trolling,,ha u got me,,,if not please take it somewhere else
Well it seems that there are a few maps and styles that are ugly but stuff like plaza and colosseum look really detailed
The double standards are unreal here. I'm not talking about the original poster either. The game is well below average aesthetically. The argument is well who cares how it looks? Be honest, EVERYONE that purchased a new system cares. I paid for a system that:

1) Advertises great gaming experiences.
2) Advertises aesthetics over last gen as a selling point.

Who here paid 400 dollars for last gen looking stuff?

Halo 5 has only slightly met 1, and it fails miserably at 2, especially in comparison to other shooters. And I'll keep saying this, especially since this is a AAA exclusive title on the Xbox 1 that is supposed to show what the system is capable of. I've said it and I'll keep saying it, Gears of War Remastered Destroys Halo 5 visually.. It's not even close. The original Gears of War on Xbox 360 looks better than this game. And I'll say this but get flamed, but Destiny's animations are smoother and color palette is richer than Halo 5. Something about Halo's animations look clunky to me. Also the color palette looks so washed and faded. Things don't even match. Some of forge maps look like they had one game with high res character models and then stuck them in a N64 environment :( .

It saddens me. As a fan of sci-fi and a Halo fan since the first game, I want this to be my shooter of choice. Unfortunately, Halo is becoming more like a side piece.
im sorry 343i putting the whole dynamic resolution is not cutting it.... this generation is so terrible that its all about 1080p!!! when its clearly your product is not 1080p 100% of the time... i think microsoft keep tryin to push their game for that number and its obvious console are not powerful enough to handle everything... and that dev have to cut corners... i mean jesus halo5 is so ugly that jaggs is everywhere... pixel are trash this game would prob would look a lil better if they lower the resolution i bit more... i mean screw 1080...

i feel like the whole artstyle of halo was somewhat messing because some area are just plain flat and boring.... HALO 4 is more a jump than halo 5. halo 5 is like Halo 2 going to Halo 3!..

i might not make sense but im sure some get it. DISSAPOINTED 343I dont deliver 1080p when the game looks ugly. HALO 5 king of jaggies!!!
Don't hate the game, hate the crap console
JLC4LIFE wrote:
Today is the day for complaining or what? First page of waypoint (when I did open this one maybe 5-10 mins ago) it was full of complaints? Quitter, graphics, buggy/laggy, rank reset, etc.
If you are not happy with the game then just quit it will not hurt anybody
If everyone who didn't like the game took your advice, then it would actually hurt the game. The fact that people still don't understand that is mind blowing. The OP just wanted to bring up a very fair criticism of the game which if you haven't noticed, plenty of people agree with him.

god forbid people criticize halo 5 in hopes that halo 6 can be a better game.

You are part of the reason why 343 gets away with real easing broken and half finished games and still makes millions of dollars.
So is your spelling.
well by not making it 1080p the got is 60 frames nonstop something play station repeatedly sacrifices to get 1080 and frames are more important then graphics in my opinion
As I've said before, Halo 5 looks amazing in most parts of the game. But, when you really start to pay attention, you notice a lot of shortcuts taken and visual downgrades. One easy example of this is some of the floors, especially on the Meridian levels.

I would say the game still looks good. it's just unfortunate that the Xbox One wasn't made more powerful than it was to accommodate 343's visual and artistic vision AND be able to have split-screen game play.
JLC4LIFE wrote:
Today is the day for complaining or what? First page of waypoint (when I did open this one maybe 5-10 mins ago) it was full of complaints? Quitter, graphics, buggy/laggy, rank reset, etc.
If you are not happy with the game then just quit it will not hurt anybody
If everyone who didn't like the game took your advice, then it would actually hurt the game. The fact that people still don't understand that is mind blowing. The OP just wanted to bring up a very fair criticism of the game which if you haven't noticed, plenty of people agree with him.

god forbid people criticize halo 5 in hopes that halo 6 can be a better game.

You are part of the reason why 343 gets away with real easing broken and half finished games and still makes millions of dollars.
Graphics should probably be one of the last things to complain about in this age though. I agree feedback is great but real feedback is better.
I love how most of the "comebacks" in this thread are petty insults about the OP's spelling. Stay classy mates.

On topic: The fact of the matter is, is that Halo 5's graphics aren't nearly as up to par as with the likes of Battlefield 4, Battlefront, Gears, God of War, etc. Sure, graphics shouldn't matter in the end, whatever; and if you're a person that likes Halo 5's graphics, or simply don't care, then a sincerest good for you then. However, Halo 5 is Xbox's flagship title and should be showcasing just what the system can truly do, and push it to its limits graphically. Halo 5 just didn't do that, and its aesthetics look from either just good, to meh, all the way to just downright looking like Fisher Price plastic with ugly and muddy textures.

I'll say this though, it is quite impressive that Halo 5 manages to keep a fixed and steady 60fps, and makes for very fluid gameplay. I also wouldn't necessarily put all of the blame on the dated engine that 343 is using (seriously, start using a new and improved engine please), but also blame the Xbox One itself; as both it and the PS4 are kind of dogs compared to any other modern day gaming rig, and in general really. I love my One, but I also know that it is HILARIOUSLY underpowered.
Do not post spam.

Spoiler:
Show
I think halo 5 looks nice, but the graphics and lighting on forge maps are straight-up embarrassing.

I will agree with that no game on xbox one has blown my mind graphically. Out of all the console generations, this generation has the least noticble jump in graphics, more like a babystep forward.

I am sure in time we will see the xbox one games looking great, just like 360.took some time to make great looking games.

Sucks we have to wait
You seriously care about graphics that much? Go play any of the games in the original trilogy, see how much fun you have without noticing the "horrible" graphics. What I'm trying to say is, a game doesn't need next gen graphics to be a good game. Most people mainly enjoy the game play.
This is so true, nowadays everyone cares more about graphics than gameplay. Why can't we just like games because of the gameplay?
Megzzzx wrote:
Growing up with a NES... I find it difficult to see how people complain about graphics so much when everything is amazing these days...
Seriously kids these days have no idea. Halo 5 isn't perfect but it looks damn good and plays the best in the series. Look how far 360 games improved over the years. X1 is brand new hardware. Games will only get better over time, but it's a solid start.

If your That worried about graphics get a PC. The only thing that's ugly is YOUR Grammar!!
Exactly. I remember when we got a playstation and we thought we were the luckiest kids in the world. We didn't care what the games looked like, we were just so excited to have new games. We weren't picky either. Whatever dad bought, even if it was games he wanted to play, we appreciated that. We played everything and anything we could get our hands on. Now a days you hear everyone complaining about everything and crying how they want this and that and this isn't good enough. I use to work in electronics at Walmart and hear kids throwing fits if they couldn't have two games or the game they wanted or getting mad that their parents didn't understand what game they had wanted. I was sitting there thinking, "Dude if my mom came home with nintendogs you bet I would play the heck out of some nintendogs."
Its not the best looking game but it Looks alright in my opinion, but thats just me.
Guys. It's not really about the game not having great graphics. It's about those graphics not being consistent.

On MCC I can gleefully play through all games, even CE classic and Halo 2 classic without a second thought (I'd actually catch my Fiancée playing in classic modes through the campaign and she was totally unaware of it) But those textures, art style, animations, fps, resolution. It was all the same through out each other individual games.

Halo 5 however, suffers from animations changing to a lower fps, textures being out of place, and even art style blunders like over powerful sky boxes, Spartan models and strange weapon skins (admittedly that last one annoys me more than most). It's also very short on extras, especially in MP. Things like grass and other effects seem to be missing. These things were cut back in Halo 4 as well but are used very liberally in Reach. Another omission is any sort of physics on map items. Everything is static. Boxs? static, Vending machines? static, Bloody tiny trees we've been driving over since Halo 3? static.

It really is a lazy engine
If the gameplay sucks the graphics don't matter, and Halo 5 has fun gameplay. It may not be as slow and strategic as the other Halos but it still is very entertaining.
Richnj wrote:
Guys. It's not really about the game not having great graphics. It's about those graphics not being consistent.

On MCC I can gleefully play through all games, even CE classic and Halo 2 classic without a second thought (I'd actually catch my Fiancée playing in classic modes through the campaign and she was totally unaware of it) But those textures, art style, animations, fps, resolution. It was all the same through out each other individual games.

Halo 5 however, suffers from animations changing to a lower fps, textures being out of place, and even art style blunders like over powerful sky boxes, Spartan models and strange weapon skins (admittedly that last one annoys me more than most). It's also very short on extras, especially in MP. Things like grass and other effects seem to be missing. These things were cut back in Halo 4 as well but are used very liberally in Reach. Another omission is any sort of physics on map items. Everything is static. Boxs? static, Vending machines? static, Bloody tiny trees we've been driving over since Halo 3? static.

It really is a lazy engine
So is it that none of the other Halos had these issues and Halo 5 magically has them appear? There was plenty of texture issues in every other Halo.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 14