3. 5
  4. 6
  5. 7
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. ...
  9. 14
Gameplay> Graphics

Halo 5 have extremely good gameplay as well as good graphics, don't see the problem. If you think graphics are more important than gameplay go and play Star Wars Battlefront
I totally agree hat gameplay should always trump graphics. The problem with that is that 343 sacrificed one of the most critical aspects of gameplay (split screen) in order to maintain their precious graphics.

this is where the I agree with the op, the graphics are not nearly good enough to justify that sacrifice. Campaign looked good, multiplayer looks downright atrocious. It feels like you are playing inside of a cartoon with big objects that are solid colors that literally have zero texture. You are telling me that you had to cut split screen so I could see a big black cylinder with no texture at 60fps?
OH EM GEEEE here we go with split screen again, if you got a friend at your house go out and do something don't sit your fat -Yoinks!- around all day and its always bad kids complaining about MP hop off the game, go play mcc or head your way back to 360. 343 did an amazing job on this game and will continue to do what they want whether you like it or not.
You must have failed reading comprehension at school huh? Also if you honestly believe that 343 did an "amazing" job with this game then all hope for you is lost and there is no point in discussing anything further
Well they didn't do an amazing job but it ain't that bad
Go play fallout 4 then come back and complain about halo 5s graphics.
lol
you know whats ugly? your spelling
Honestly, I'm just not a big fan of grapchis in general.
I find Halo 5 to have ok Grapchis. Personally, I think the Mexican restaurant down the street makes better Grapchis though. The secret ingredient is Paprika!
MrWilliiam wrote:
go play fallout 4... it has very bad grapchis XD
Not with mods :) The greatest issue with F4 are its default texture and low polygon count models. That and the fact that they run at an extremely inconsistent 30fps on consoles.
I can't wait till f4 gets mods on console.
As far as I can speculate, the only mods that will come to Xbox will probably me armors or gameplay changes/additions. The Xbox just does not have the power or versatility to handle graphical mods and the plethora of settings.
Graphics are nice and all but to me, I care about having fun. It's why I still play some old games like the original halo.
Its more about having fun and the gameplay. I hardly take full notice of graphics because I'm enjoying the campaign or multiplayer. I may not be the best at the game by far, but I can say I did like the graphics being well done to a point when I first started playing Halo 5.
Concidering the 60fps its good enough. Campaign is quite a bit prettier than multiplayer. As expected. And the 60fps is definitely worth it for a fps. Going from a 60fps shooter to a 30fps shooter can be painful.
Watched game play i have to agree.
LBzrule wrote:
The double standards are unreal here. I'm not talking about the original poster either. The game is well below average aesthetically. The argument is well who cares how it looks? Be honest, EVERYONE that purchased a new system cares. I paid for a system that:

1) Advertises great gaming experiences.
2) Advertises aesthetics over last gen as a selling point.

Who here paid 400 dollars for last gen looking stuff?

Halo 5 has only slightly met 1, and it fails miserably at 2, especially in comparison to other shooters. And I'll keep saying this, especially since this is a AAA exclusive title on the Xbox 1 that is supposed to show what the system is capable of. I've said it and I'll keep saying it, Gears of War Remastered Destroys Halo 5 visually.. It's not even close. The original Gears of War on Xbox 360 looks better than this game. And I'll say this but get flamed, but Destiny's animations are smoother and color palette is richer than Halo 5. Something about Halo's animations look clunky to me. Also the color palette looks so washed and faded. Things don't even match. Some of forge maps look like they had one game with high res character models and then stuck them in a N64 environment :( .

It saddens me. As a fan of sci-fi and a Halo fan since the first game, I want this to be my shooter of choice. Unfortunately, Halo is becoming more like a side piece.
Not really I just purchased a new system because they aren't supporting old consoles. I was perfectly happy with 360 visuals. Just that's games won't be coming out on 360
I'm sorry OP but I can not take someone with such terrible grammar seriously.

That and Game play > Graphics.

Learn to game.
I wouldnt call the graphics ugly. I think the better discription of what they were going for is clean.

Being color blind, the cleaner the better. Alot of additional shading increases friendly fire sadly.
So the F what? Seriously. Don't play it then.

Are you so entitled that this is an actual real issue with you? What do you want 343 to do? Issue you a public apology or something?

Get over it dude.
So much this. On every single one of these whiny threads.
im sorry 343i putting the whole dynamic resolution is not cutting it.... this generation is so terrible that its all about 1080p!!! when its clearly your product is not 1080p 100% of the time... i think microsoft keep tryin to push their game for that number and its obvious console are not powerful enough to handle everything... and that dev have to cut corners... i mean jesus halo5 is so ugly that jaggs is everywhere... pixel are trash this game would prob would look a lil better if they lower the resolution i bit more... i mean screw 1080...

i feel like the whole artstyle of halo was somewhat messing because some area are just plain flat and boring.... HALO 4 is more a jump than halo 5. halo 5 is like Halo 2 going to Halo 3!..

i might not make sense but im sure some get it. DISSAPOINTED 343I dont deliver 1080p when the game looks ugly. HALO 5 king of jaggies!!!
I like the way it looks honestly
Asavage853 wrote:
LBzrule wrote:
The double standards are unreal here. I'm not talking about the original poster either. The game is well below average aesthetically. The argument is well who cares how it looks? Be honest, EVERYONE that purchased a new system cares. I paid for a system that:

1) Advertises great gaming experiences.
2) Advertises aesthetics over last gen as a selling point.

Who here paid 400 dollars for last gen looking stuff?

Halo 5 has only slightly met 1, and it fails miserably at 2, especially in comparison to other shooters. And I'll keep saying this, especially since this is a AAA exclusive title on the Xbox 1 that is supposed to show what the system is capable of. I've said it and I'll keep saying it, Gears of War Remastered Destroys Halo 5 visually.. It's not even close. The original Gears of War on Xbox 360 looks better than this game. And I'll say this but get flamed, but Destiny's animations are smoother and color palette is richer than Halo 5. Something about Halo's animations look clunky to me. Also the color palette looks so washed and faded. Things don't even match. Some of forge maps look like they had one game with high res character models and then stuck them in a N64 environment :( .

It saddens me. As a fan of sci-fi and a Halo fan since the first game, I want this to be my shooter of choice. Unfortunately, Halo is becoming more like a side piece.
Not really I just purchased a new system because they aren't supporting old consoles. I was perfectly happy with 360 visuals. Just that's games won't be coming out on 360
funny thing there i didn't pay four hundred dollars
grammar dude.....grammar
Honestly the graphics are okay but I like the game so really who cares about the graphics its the content that really matters.
Halo 5 is probably the best looking shooter out right now. Even if it isn't, the people who say it "looks ugly" are just plain wrong. Even in multiplayer the character models are so incredibly detailed. The BTB maps don't look the best, I will give you that. But play Swords of Sanghelios and name a single game that looks better.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 5
  4. 6
  5. 7
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. ...
  9. 14