Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Halo 5 graphics

OP JohnSmoshIrish

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
It can be a varying number of things but to me, whenever I play Halo 5 I notice that the graphics don't look smooth or right half the time. the edges of everything look jagged and the textures look bland. I have a slim white Xbox one if that help or if anyone knows something that I don't. I it just me or something else?
No, you're right. Sometimes, it looks like everything is made of plastic, like I'm playing an HD version of Army Men.
No, you're right. Sometimes, it looks like everything is made of plastic, like I'm playing an HD version of Army Men.
Gald I'm not alone on this, but i still don't know really.
*Playing on tube television
Jaggies have been around since the first game. Having them in allows for more detailed graphics with the concession of having them not be as clean and smooth as they can be. If you get a chance to play on a One X (I don’t have one yet, only played Halo 5 on an X in a Microsoft Store), you’ll immediately notice a difference since the X has a lot more power to work with.
As others have mentioned, it's because of the hardware limitations and because 343I chose performance over graphics (great move btw)

The jaggies are hardly noticeable on the one x but I do remember them during online on my original xboxone
I play on a One X and I think the game looks incredible, especially for a 2015 game it has aged rather well and that machine really shows it IMO.
Huge Halo fan here. I've always thought that halo set the standard for what the xbox could do. But five is ugly, and everything looks cheap. Especially Btb, I still like halo but I've been saying this since release. I actually don't know why it isn't mentioned more by other people in the community. I especially notice it in maps like Orion and pegasus. BTB an those maps look like they were made in Roblox.
Halo 5 on both the vanilla Xbox One and Xbox One S usually attempt to target 1080p but the game runs mostly at 720p. In Xbox One X, in 1080p screens... well, you know, 1080p, and in 4K TVs, 4K, obviously. I don't know which system you have, but if you're using the vanilla, it may be the reason. You should check out Digital Foundry's video on the 4K update of Halo 5. The difference is astonishing. Yeah, there can be some jagged edges, but aren't as frequent as in the other systems.
Here's the video.
I don't notice it as much, but I will say Halo 5's graphics are intrusive for gameplay reasons. Really tired of maps where I can quite literally lose my enemy before my very eyes because 343 got JJ Abrams on the phone.
Delta5931 wrote:
I don't notice it as much, but I will say Halo 5's graphics are intrusive for gameplay reasons. Really tired of maps where I can quite literally lose my enemy before my very eyes because 343 got JJ Abrams on the phone.
If you're talking about the glares, those only exist when looking towards a charging Splaser or Railgun, or a scoped Binary Rifle.
Or one of Warden's attacks, but it's difficult to lose track of him.
Caroniver wrote:
Delta5931 wrote:
If you're talking about the glares, those only exist when looking towards a charging Splaser or Railgun, or a scoped Binary Rifle.
Nope, I'm talking about lens flare that comes directly from looking in the general direction of the sun. I've had it happen once where I was fighting my opponent and I was facing the sun. I quite literally could not see him at all because of the lens flare coming off of the sun.
Delta5931 wrote:
Caroniver wrote:
Delta5931 wrote:
Nope, I'm talking about lens flare that comes directly from looking in the general direction of the sun. I've had it happen once where I was fighting my opponent and I was facing the sun. I quite literally could not see him at all because of the lens flare coming off of the sun.
I would cry "realism", but since a match doesn't last an entire day, that seems to put one team at a disadvantage. I'll give you that one.
Caroniver wrote:
Delta5931 wrote:
Caroniver wrote:
Delta5931 wrote:
I would cry "realism", but since a match doesn't last an entire day, that seems to put one team at a disadvantage. I'll give you that one.
Eh. Gameplay comes second to realism or immersion when it comes to multiplayer games at any rate.

The biggest issue I have with some Halo 5 maps, however, are lights that are placed that look exactly like opponents. As in, I glance and I mistake a light for an enemy on maps like Mercy. It's incredibly frustrating.
I would make another topic but this convo is still on graphics, I halo 4 again and the edges are worse! but halo is still better than 5 imo.
I would make another topic but this convo is still on graphics, I halo 4 again and the edges are worse! but halo is still better than 5 imo.
Obviously, the edges looks worse on Halo 4, but that completely fine since Halo 4 was released on the 360 in 2012. Each game improved on graphics, and sometimes, the old is remastered.
Obviously, the edges looks worse on Halo 4, but that completely fine since Halo 4 was released on the 360 in 2012. Each game improved on graphics, and sometimes, the old is remastered.
I actually find the graphics in Halo 4 to be far superior to those found in Halo 5, even in spite of the release difference and the hardware difference.
Delta5931 wrote:
I actually find the graphics in Halo 4 to be far superior to those found in Halo 5, even in spite of the release difference and the hardware difference.
No, I feel the same way but I mean its no 60fps and more jagged in 5, but the textures are better then 5
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2