Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Halo 5 Grifball Couminty Request.

OP hvip

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
This Thread will be used to make the case to 343 to return Grifball Playlist to Halo 5!

I do not know the reasons for Grifballs departure from the Social playlist.

I don't think the Grifball community is that large but we are dedicated to the Game of Grifball.
So if you miss Grifball. please post and show your dedication to the playlist.
please include your SR Rank Total Arena game played/ time played Number of Grifball games played/ time played. and anything positive about grifball and your halo experiences attached to it.

grifball is in the MCC and I am playing a bit but its just not the same speed and energy you get from grifball in halo 5.

I could talk up how we are over-represented on all the Leader boards.. but yes a lot has to do with the game type we
lead in kills, wins., deaths, power weapons, ground pounds. melee kills, win % and many others.. not our fault halo calls grifball an arena game I would Prefer grifballl stats separated from the arena game stats and listed in its own categories.

But we also have strong Representation among the SR leaders, XP Leaders, Games played,, time in Game.. and we still lead many of these categories a year after the removal of Grifball from the game. This show dedication to this Playlist.

Hi I am Hvip and I miss HALO 5 GRIFBALL:
I consider my self OMGB! Old Man Grifball I am not the oldest Grifballer by far, but some people started calling me that and I Liked it and embrace it.
SR 152 #84-#85 to earn sr152. unsure because of The player who hit 152 very close to the same time. when I Checked I was #84-#85 but he checked before me and he was 84th at 152 and I was still showing 151 in 85 places when I checked we both had 152. He Just recently hit 100,000,000xp and I am at 73,066,357 I could be at 100,000,000 XP had I not stopped playing Halo 5 for 9 months in 2018 I came back to the game in September when they but grifball in the rotation for 2 weeks. and play a lot when a game type I enjoy pops back up. Castle wars. action sack WZA, WZT, WZFFM.

Arena game played 15482

ARENA PLAYTIME
76.04:09:
Grifball games played 5728
GRIFBALL PLAYTIME
22:0:59:24

Why do I Find Grifball so addictive? The speed of the game the movement and timing trick with the hammer. But when your timing is clicking against your opponents. and the sound of the hammer hit and bouncing from one player to the next getting a killionaire (open Feild) is a great feeling that never gets old. Also love just going solo and playing with randoms /or getting Two Tanks, a Soward expert, and a ball carrier. and playing a game that ends in a tie or a win on time against a Quality team. You look at the stats and you had 80 plus kills and 100 plus deaths. after the game, you have to take 5 mins to break before going to the next game, and hoping the next game will be against 4 randoms so you can just relax and only user hammer jumps for death from above ground pounds. or playing for quick victories with a squad and see how many 5-0 games you can string together. and can you Break your fastest Victory time 1;38 fastest wins On a team/ I have lost a match 5-0 in 1:34

Please if you want Grifball back lets 343 know. please only share positive things. maybe we won't get Grifball Back but maybe we can convince them that HALO Infinite should include a grifball playlist.

One Last Thing The New Season of RVB starts Sat. march 9th.. would have been nice to see our games namesake in a new season RvB and kill him in halo 5
You could always run custom games of it instead of waiting for it to show back up in matchmaking.
hvip wrote:
Because it was always the least played playlist so it was turned into a rotational playlist.
You could always run custom games of it instead of waiting for it to show back up in matchmaking.
That is not the same as playing it in matchmaking. Take it from a guy who had done the customs lobby grifball thing. You spend more time sitting in the lobby waiting for enough people to play a game than you do actually playing grifball. Then, when you do get 8 people and play a game somebody on the losing team rages off after the first game and you're stuck waiting again. Plus, it gets boring playing with the same people over and over again.

343 should try incentivizing Grifball in order to increase the playlist population. Some ideas here are hammer skins earned through hammer kills. Different color swords earned the same way, ball skins earned through goals scored and ball kills, a set of armor that is exclusive to Grifball, making it a ranked playlist and making it double XP more often.

I was informed by Josh Menke that Grifball was being viewed by 343 as the reason their player population on H5 dwindled to embarassingly low number. I must say, what a crock of horse manure. Scapegoat status. 343 doesn't want you own up to their own shortcomings in H5. I cannot believe that a social gametype that doesn't involve shooting can lead to the death of a first person shooter's player population.

Yours Truly,
Fiery Motive aka the world leader in goals scored and ball kills in H5 Grifball

PS My games played in Grifball matchmaking are over 15k with a 90% win rate. Blaming grif for ruining the population is indirectly blaming me in my eyes.
I was informed by Josh Menke that Grifball was being viewed by 343 as the reason their player population on H5 dwindled to embarassingly low number.
If you meant that H5 was causing the Grifball population to decline, then I could see that. It's the same reason why BTB is losing players because I think he said 25% of the player base are mainly Fiesta players and so they all migrated to BTBSF when it came out.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
I was informed by Josh Menke that Grifball was being viewed by 343 as the reason their player population on H5 dwindled to embarassingly low number.
If you meant that H5 was causing the Grifball population to decline, then I could see that. It's the same reason why BTB is losing players because I think he said 25% of the player base are mainly Fiesta players and so they all migrated to BTBSF when it came out.
Joshua specifically said that Grifball ruined the H5 population because people would get beat badly in grifball and then never play H5 again.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
thanks, Guys for joining. and adding your voice. let's not Focus on who is to blame for the decline. the fact is we do not have a Halo 5 grifball game type. Let's not argue about what version of Grifball on what version of Halo is best. those arguments are fun to have in a party when playing grifball and can get very heated. All versions of grifball on all versions of Halo have positives and negatives that we can nitpick all day long and many of us have with me during my 22 days of time playing grifball.

people have opinions and will say this version of Halo is the best and it was all downhill from that point. My opinion of Halo 5 from launch is the game has been playable from day 1. not to say that it was perfect. nor was halo 3 nor 2. I think halo 4 gameplay was week and online was weaker but the story was passable. every version of Halo that has been released was much different from the previous version and that is what should happen. I want a new Halo game not the same game with a new story. the game Halo 5 was playable like I said but it was missing much content. and I do believe 343 released monthly content updates of weapons maps game types for 15 months and took 1 month to add big team 3 or 4 months till we got grifball. 343 Microsoft did give all owners of Halo 5 all this DLC included with the purchase of the game not many other game studios do that. They also went and rebuilt the online part of the MCC a 5-year-old game. How many other game publishers would do that. This kind of actions tell me they care about the Franchise and they do care and listen to what players say and care about.

343 Committed three major sins with the release of Halo 5 No split screen. ( cost me 500 bucks for 2nd Xbox and another tv for my wife. I don't like that decision by 343 Microsoft because of the financial cost because and I don't like to share. I would never have been able to earn my 152 having to share with my wife who is almost SR151. The second sin was the story of the campaign. This was bad very bad and didn't really have anything to do with the great" Hunt the truth" add media blitz info leading up to launch. that stuff was cool the story was good and had nothing to do with the story we played in the game. The third sin was releasing the game missing much of the multiplayer modes people love. they did fix this with all the monthly updates. With Infinite longer development time, 343 and Microsoft I hope are using that time on a great story and getting all parts of the multipayer finished before launch this time.
I feel Microsoft and 343 have shown they do listen to the players and have tried to show it publicly. Adding split screen back to the next game. Still working to fix Mcc ( great Job if you have not gone back tired Mcc you should) giving area players HCS version with many new game mechanics turned off.
I have been around the Halo Universe even before Halo was halo I played Marathon on a Mac in mid to late 90's Bought my first Xbox just for Halo. got Xbox live with halo 2 got 360 for Halo 3.. bought Xbox one for MCC. I have every Halo book starting with "Halo the Flood" up top Halo Renegades the newest books.
Let us hope Halo Infinite will be 343 Halo masterpiece like Halo 3 was for Bungie's. For Halo Infinite they have said we will get a dedicated master Cheif story. The books give many opportunities for interesting options for game story arcs you have Gray Team back. we have our halo 3 odst's - the rookie and they even have Vergil helping them along. as grown-up Spartan 4's Tom and Lucy's with Mendez on Trevelyan with Some times Sinks and the 2 sons of Jul 'Mdama

Let's not cast blame over why Grifball is removed. let's show them that we are a strong dedicated group of players that just want our grifball playlist back.

when and if it comes back. we can play and all passionately disagree with each other and why only we are correct and everyone else is just an idiot. just trying to focus this group on showing how much we played this game and would still be playing keeping us engaged in the Halo Universe till the next halo release.
hvip wrote:
respone to a 2nd post.

Because it was always the least played playlist so it was turned into a rotational playlist.

You have numbers showing the number of people playing in each playlist. Please Post them. I am very interested.
I would love to see hard data but all I have is Anecdotal evidence from my personal experience. I don't know if Halo 5 grifball was the least played playlist
While 343i has not posted exact numbers before, they do make posts with a list of playlists from most to least popular. Grifball was always near the bottom. I agree that population shouldn’t be the sole reason to get rid of a playlist and make it a rotational (I didn’t want Warzone Assault to be removed), but this is the way they’re doing things now so I doubt Grifball will be made permanent.
tuhin94 wrote:
While 343i has not posted exact numbers before, they do make posts with a list of playlists from most to least popular. Grifball was always near the bottom. I agree that population shouldn’t be the sole reason to get rid of a playlist and make it a rotational (I didn’t want Warzone Assault to be removed), this is the way they’re doing things now so I doubt Grifball will be made permanent.
Another? I would ask is why is Halo 5 the only Halo game that does not have grifball as a playlist. MCC has both Halo 3 Halo 4 grifball on the playlist. I think even Halo Reach has a grifball playlist. and as post have pointed out we are a small group of players. Microsoft is ok with the number of players using the playlist in other halo games enough to justify keeping the playlist active why is Halo 5 treated differently.
hvip wrote:
tuhin94 wrote:
While 343i has not posted exact numbers before, they do make posts with a list of playlists from most to least popular. Grifball was always near the bottom. I agree that population shouldn’t be the sole reason to get rid of a playlist and make it a rotational (I didn’t want Warzone Assault to be removed), this is the way they’re doing things now so I doubt Grifball will be made permanent.
Another? I would ask is why is Halo 5 the only Halo game that does not have grifball as a playlist. MCC has both Halo 3 Halo 4 grifball on the playlist. I think even Halo Reach has a grifball playlist. and as post have pointed out we are a small group of players. Microsoft is ok with the number of players using the playlist in other halo games enough to justify keeping the playlist active why is Halo 5 treated differently.
Like I said in my first comment, their approach to playlists is to keep only the most popular ones permanent and make the others rotational. The idea is that bringing certain playlists back for a limited time on a rough schedule will bring in more players since the theory is that it will generate buzz.

I don’t agree with it like I said earlier. But that’s the way they’re doing things and they’re not paying much attention to community feedback, so we’re stuck with the rotational schedule for now.
hvip wrote:
Microsoft is ok with the number of players using the playlist in other halo games enough to justify keeping the playlist active why is Halo 5 treated differently.
MCC and H5 are run by different teams so they each have their own view of how their playlists should be optimized. H5's approach is to only keep the popular playlists permanent while making the lesser ones like Grifball rotational.
tuhin94 wrote:
hvip wrote:
tuhin94 wrote:
Like I said in my first comment, their approach to playlists is to keep only the most popular ones permanent and make the others rotational. The idea is that bringing certain playlists back for a limited time on a rough schedule l bring in more players since the theory is that it will generate buzz.
wil
I don’t agree with it like I said earlier. But that’s the way they’re doing things and they’re not paying much attention to community feedback, so we’re stuck with the rotational schedule for now.
true that they did drop the playlist when not enough people where playing the game mode. For over 2 years we had enough Diehard players, randoms, and casuals, to justify keeping it permanent. that's with only 2 updates to Grifball during that time. they changed to Grifball Pro. and added a few different maps including Bloodsport ( i like this map don't hate.) It's great for GP's added March 2016Firey can better explain this as it affected players of his quality more then it did me. They did an adjustment to how matchmaking worked on the social playlist and it killed matchmaking in grifball if your skill however that was figured was too high you could not find a match. we had a small pool to began with so are top players cant get games and as people more and more people stopped the community died and definitely didn't have enough casual players to sustain the playlist. another problem was when running as a team the change made it harder when teamed up to find a match. we tried getting 8 people in a party made 2 4 man fire teams and hit find a match and we could not get a game against each other or anyone else. then all went in solo to matchmaking and all 8 would get into multiple games a few time we even ended up in 8 different games. and if you got a game running as a 4 man and could find a match. you would match the same team over and over again. again people didn't enjoy this and stopped playing.

we did stick around for 2 years. Had a few simple changes been made I think it would have kept enough interest and Halo 5 would still have a grifball playlist or at least a non -Shooty Halo playlist.
1st thing turn of boot option for team killing, its Grifball. or at least set the number of teams kills 3 to 4 times higher. so 15 or 20 before option appears. how many games booted from or lost because a random just saw the boot option and hit boot. or how many times u get killed and accidentally hit the boot and then your team loses.
2nd is to Rotate the game type of Grifball every 2 weeks or once per month.

3rd not my first choice because I would prefer a dedicated grifball playlist
castlewars\non gun games from action sac\grifball get their own rotating playlist.

Problem with grifball as a rotational playlist is that it is no longer part of the rotation. been 5 months and have not seen it.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
Joshua specifically said that Grifball ruined the H5 population because people would get beat badly in grifball and then never play H5 again.
I would get spawn-camped in Grifball and then never play Grifball again. Horrible spawn-camping in Grifball has been happening to me since Reach. I absolutely love Grifball, but not enough to deal with the fact that every other game is full of griefers. Same thing with Infection and people glitching into the ceilings.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
I would get spawn-camped in Grifball and then never play Grifball again. Horrible spawn-camping in Grifball has been happening to me since Reach. I absolutely love Grifball, but not enough to deal with the fact that every other game is full of griefers. Same thing with Infection and people glitching into the ceilings.
Turn your sensitivity up to 10 and turn around and swing your hammer upon your respawn. You will get the kill on the spawn killing bot who probably can't win a game against people who understand how to play object.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
Turn your sensitivity up to 10 and turn around and swing your hammer upon your respawn. You will get the kill on the spawn killing bot who probably can't win a game against people who understand how to play object.
Next time I play, because I always go back hoping the griefers won't be there, I'll have to try this. But you know, ideally, I would like to play Grifball without having to use a special trick to counter the poor sports. Do you know if there's a reason why the spawns have never been moved off the playing field? It seems like such an easy fix.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
Next time I play, because I always go back hoping the griefers won't be there, I'll have to try this. But you know, ideally, I would like to play Grifball without having to use a special trick to counter the poor sports. Do you know if there's a reason why the spawns have never been moved off the playing field? It seems like such an easy fix.
Well, you'd have zero chance to protect the goal if you spawned off the map.
I used to grind in Grifball for it's awesome adrenaline rush it gave me. It's fun as hell to play. In my opinion it should be in Ranked.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
Well, you'd have zero chance to protect the goal if you spawned off the map.
Maybe. If true, then perhaps on a platform hovering right above the map justtttttttt out of reach of their god forsaken hammers.
I believe Griffball is on a rotation so it'll probably be back eventually. As for people suggesting 'custom games'....I would prefer matchmaking since custom games has no exp but if there wanting to play Halo 5 on pc then it might be difficult since it's population generally seems dead since barely anyone plays Halo 5 on pc anymore, X1 has some customs but it does seem like nobody ever seems to be play the game-type oddly.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Because we are not currently equipped to provide moderation in other languages, we must ask that all messages be posted in English. Feel free to use an online language translation service, and then create a new thread with the translated text. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Extraño el grifball, y muchos de nosotros lo esperamos.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2