Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Halo 5 Grifball Couminty Request.

OP hvip

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5
LUKEPOWA wrote:
I was informed by Josh Menke that Grifball was being viewed by 343 as the reason their player population on H5 dwindled to embarassingly low number.
If you meant that H5 was causing the Grifball population to decline, then I could see that. It's the same reason why BTB is losing players because I think he said 25% of the player base are mainly Fiesta players and so they all migrated to BTBSF when it came out.
Joshua specifically said that Grifball ruined the H5 population because people would get beat badly in grifball and then never play H5 again.
I would get spawn-camped in Grifball and then never play Grifball again. Horrible spawn-camping in Grifball has been happening to me since Reach. I absolutely love Grifball, but not enough to deal with the fact that every other game is full of griefers. Same thing with Infection and people glitching into the ceilings.
Turn your sensitivity up to 10 and turn around and swing your hammer upon your respawn. You will get the kill on the spawn killing bot who probably can't win a game against people who understand how to play object.
Next time I play, because I always go back hoping the griefers won't be there, I'll have to try this. But you know, ideally, I would like to play Grifball without having to use a special trick to counter the poor sports. Do you know if there's a reason why the spawns have never been moved off the playing field? It seems like such an easy fix.
Well, you'd have zero chance to protect the goal if you spawned off the map.
Maybe. If true, then perhaps on a platform hovering right above the map justtttttttt out of reach of their god forsaken hammers.
Just Get GUD. just kidding. We have discussed many ways of solving this but have never come up with any way that would Handicap either office or defense. Or drastically change the speed and flow of the game. unless they could make you impervious to damage till the first contact after spawn or .5seconds whichever comes first. but not an option in a game setting so we have never been able to test that idea to see how much help that would give to defense. it would stop someone from standing behind you and killing you on spawn. but would give a great advantage on defense. if I am tanking for ball carrier you spawn in front of me but can't kill you. for 1 hit or half a second, you take me and ball carrier out.

just report people if an when the game came back for standing behind your spawn and just killing you over and over again. but remember getting killed on spawn if the other team is pushing the ball on goal is not spawn trapping that's just how this game is played.</p>

just know when playing grifball you may run people that are very unsportsmanlike and the only defense you really have is what firey said. set your controller to 10,10 and 5 and i just look down and hammer on spawn. that's the only defense and it works. </p>

as for settings for grifball speed is key snap turns so setting your settings as fast as they will go is your best option for grifball If you have an elite controller you also want to change the movement of sticks to Aggressive. but remember to turn off aggressive when playing shooty halo game types. also setting you triggers to 1% pull equals a full
hvip wrote:
LUKEPOWA wrote:
I was informed by Josh Menke that Grifball was being viewed by 343 as the reason their player population on H5 dwindled to embarassingly low number.
If you meant that H5 was causing the Grifball population to decline, then I could see that. It's the same reason why BTB is losing players because I think he said 25% of the player base are mainly Fiesta players and so they all migrated to BTBSF when it came out.
Joshua specifically said that Grifball ruined the H5 population because people would get beat badly in grifball and then never play H5 again.
I would get spawn-camped in Grifball and then never play Grifball again. Horrible spawn-camping in Grifball has been happening to me since Reach. I absolutely love Grifball, but not enough to deal with the fact that every other game is full of griefers. Same thing with Infection and people glitching into the ceilings.
Turn your sensitivity up to 10 and turn around and swing your hammer upon your respawn. You will get the kill on the spawn killing bot who probably can't win a game against people who understand how to play object.
Next time I play, because I always go back hoping the griefers won't be there, I'll have to try this. But you know, ideally, I would like to play Grifball without having to use a special trick to counter the poor sports. Do you know if there's a reason why the spawns have never been moved off the playing field? It seems like such an easy fix.
[REDACTED]just report people if an when the game came back for standing behind your spawn and just killing you over and over again. but remember getting killed on spawn if the other team is pushing the ball on goal is not spawn trapping that's just how this game is played.</p>

[REDACTED]as for settings for grifball speed is key snap turns so setting your settings as fast as they will go is your best option for grifball If you have an elite controller you also want to change the movement of sticks to Aggressive. but remember to turn off aggressive when playing shooty halo game types. also setting you triggers to 1% pull equals a full
I fundamentally disagree. That is spawn trapping. It's the literally definition: killing someone as soon as they spawn so they can't play the game. I think letting players spawn kill means the game is broken. I shouldn't have to alter my settings to play the game "the right way". If it was balanced and people didn't abuse the system, I could play the game without making dumb alterations.

Have they tried putting a shield in front of the spawns? I'm certain there is a way to make it so that intolerable people don't play the game in an intolerable way.
Quote:
ArchSorceress wrote:
I fundamentally disagree. That is spawn trapping. It's the literally definition: killing someone as soon as they spawn so they can't play the game. I think letting players spawn kill means the game is broken. I shouldn't have to alter my settings to play the game "the right way". If it was balanced and people didn't abuse the system, I could play the game without making dum
I Disagree it is killing you on spawn but that's not a spawn trap. Killing an opponent when they spawn because they respawn in front of you while you are rushing the goal is part of the game. If you just spawned in front of me and i don't kill you, you will kill me then stop are Grif from scoring. You have to be ready to act the moment you spawn. It like swat if I kill someone in swat and continue to move forward and I see you respawn I shoot you again I killed you on spawn but did not spawn trap you.

This i would call a spawn Trap.
if the other team has the ball and you and a teammate stand behind their spawn 1 on each side of there goal. and then kill the other team players from behind as they spawn and doing this again and again and again. not allowing anyone on their team from being able to move..that is a spawn trap.

and we have all had it happened to us at one point or the other. Never understood why some players would do this all the time. I loved getting lots of kills in Grifball loved getting a killionaire but only get enjoyment from earning it. also its

To me, the distinction between killing someone on spawn and spawn trapping is an important one. Killing on spawn can be part of the flow of the game(but not always but that can be decided based on what is going on in the game)

To me, I can't think of a situation in a game that would make spawn trapping a ligament option. It one thing to try and trap. Holding the trap is more difficult. If your playing and your team is good enough to trap and hold the other team. Then you should be good enough to beat them another way.

either successful unsuccessful we all hate when it happens to us. and give no excuses for people that spawn trap.

It gives people that enjoy the game a bad name. we get accused as just playing to stat pad by spawn traping.
I would love for it to return as a full time playlist. However this doesn't change the fact that Halo 5s grifball was plagued with issues. Rage quitting, difficulties differentiation between real betrayals and a team that doesn't know how to stop power sliding under your hammer from behind (resulting in getting booted), stat farming turds, the placement of the spawns so that 2 people can easily spawn camp a whole team, and yes also an insanely low population. To give you an idea of how low the population was on more than one occasion I found myself bored from a game only to be returned to the same game, which is fun since you still can't earn any stats or see post game stats or utilize boosts. Anyhow my point is I want it back yes (like in a real bad way) but if nothing changes the same thing will happen again. I would rather see it repaired so that it's more enjoyable first. Hopefully then the grif pop might actually grow when it does return.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not bump.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
hvip wrote:
This Thread will be used to make the case to 343 to return Grifball Playlist to Halo 5!

I do not know the reasons for Grifballs departure from the Social playlist.

I don't think the Grifball community is that large but we are dedicated to the Game of Grifball.
So if you miss Grifball. please post and show your dedication to the playlist.
please include your SR Rank Total Arena game played/ time played Number of Grifball games played/ time played. and anything positive about grifball and your halo experiences attached to it.

grifball is in the MCC and I am playing a bit but its just not the same speed and energy you get from grifball in halo 5.

I could talk up how we are over-represented on all the Leader boards.. but yes a lot has to do with the game type we
lead in kills, wins., deaths, power weapons, ground pounds. melee kills, win % and many others.. not our fault halo calls grifball an arena game I would Prefer grifballl stats separated from the arena game stats and listed in its own categories.

But we also have strong Representation among the SR leaders, XP Leaders, Games played,, time in Game.. and we still lead many of these categories a year after the removal of Grifball from the game. This show dedication to this Playlist.

Hi I am Hvip and I miss HALO 5 GRIFBALL:
I consider my self OMGB! Old Man Grifball I am not the oldest Grifballer by far, but some people started calling me that and I Liked it and embrace it.
SR 152 #84-#85 to earn sr152. unsure because of The player who hit 152 very close to the same time. when I Checked I was #84-#85 but he checked before me and he was 84th at 152 and I was still showing 151 in 85 places when I checked we both had 152. He Just recently hit 100,000,000xp and I am at 73,066,357 I could be at 100,000,000 XP had I not stopped playing Halo 5 for 9 months in 2018 I came back to the game in September when they but grifball in the rotation for 2 weeks. and play a lot when a game type I enjoy pops back up. Castle wars. action sack WZA, WZT, WZFFM.

Arena game played 15482

ARENA PLAYTIME
76.04:09:
Grifball games played 5728
GRIFBALL PLAYTIME
22:0:59:24

Why do I Find Grifball so addictive? The speed of the game the movement and timing trick with the hammer. But when your timing is clicking against your opponents. and the sound of the hammer hit and bouncing from one player to the next getting a killionaire (open Feild) is a great feeling that never gets old. Also love just going solo and playing with randoms /or getting Two Tanks, a Soward expert, and a ball carrier. and playing a game that ends in a tie or a win on time against a Quality team. You look at the stats and you had 80 plus kills and 100 plus deaths. after the game, you have to take 5 mins to break before going to the next game, and hoping the next game will be against 4 randoms so you can just relax and only user hammer jumps for death from above ground pounds. or playing for quick victories with a squad and see how many 5-0 games you can string together. and can you Break your fastest Victory time 1;38 fastest wins On a team/ I have lost a match 5-0 in 1:34

Please if you want Grifball back lets 343 know. please only share positive things. maybe we won't get Grifball Back but maybe we can convince them that HALO Infinite should include a grifball playlist.

One Last Thing The New Season of RVB starts Sat. march 9th.. would have been nice to see our games namesake in a new season RvB and kill him in halo 5
Sounds like you enjoy raising your K/D.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
I would love to have it. I would love if they just made a list that they rotated through and we knew what was coming up in the coming weeks.
Hexic wrote:
hvip wrote:
Sounds like you enjoy raising your K/D.
My secret is out. I raised my K/D all the way up to 1.

I have never said I was good at halo just that I play a lot.

and we start another week with no GrifBall. Forerunner Slayer added for the next 2 weeks. and we have Core play the same as Quickplay and team Arena gald we have 3 of the same playlist to choose from.
hvip wrote:
Hexic wrote:
hvip wrote:
Sounds like you enjoy raising your K/D.
My secret is out. I raised my K/D all the way up to 1.

I have never said I was good at halo just that I play a lot.
and we start another week with no GrifBall. Forerunner Slayer added for the next 2 weeks. and we have Core play the same as Quickplay and team Arena gald we have 3 of the same playlist to choose from.
Don't worry, I love it and want it back all while raising my K/D.
Hexic wrote:
hvip wrote:
Hexic wrote:
hvip wrote:
Sounds like you enjoy raising your K/D.
My secret is out. I raised my K/D all the way up to 1.

I have never said I was good at halo just that I play a lot.
and we start another week with no GrifBall. Forerunner Slayer added for the next 2 weeks. and we have Core play the same as Quickplay and team Arena gald we have 3 of the same playlist to choose from.
Don't worry, I love it and want it back all while raising my K/D.
I never worry I just hope to see grifball back soon. I am needed some hammer time.
NO GRIF AGAIN THIS WEEK
BUT WE DO HAVE CASTLE WARS

SO A NON SHOOTY HALO GAME TYPE
it has only been 7 months. but it's official we get grifball back on the 11

APRIL CALENDAR
Our H5 Sustain Team is still plugging away at exciting new things for you, but this month will mostly feature the return of your favorite modes. Below you can find a full calendar of April's rotational playlists which has been officially locked in. Be sure to set up your calendar and playdates accordingly!
  • April 4: Action Sack rotates in for Castle Wars
  • April 11: Grifball rotates in for Rock 'n' Rail
  • April 11: Warzone Assault goes live for the weekend
  • April 18: Shotty Snipers rotates in for Action Sack
  • April 25: Covenant Slayer rotates in for Grifball
  • April 25: Warzone Turbo goes live for the weekend
Finally its back soon
hvip wrote:
it has only been 7 months. but it's official we get grifball back on the 11

APRIL CALENDAR
Our H5 Sustain Team is still plugging away at exciting new things for you, but this month will mostly feature the return of your favorite modes. Below you can find a full calendar of April's rotational playlists which has been officially locked in. Be sure to set up your calendar and playdates accordingly!
  • April 4: Action Sack rotates in for Castle Wars
  • April 11: Grifball rotates in for Rock 'n' Rail
  • April 11: Warzone Assault goes live for the weekend
  • April 18: Shotty Snipers rotates in for Action Sack
  • April 25: Covenant Slayer rotates in for Grifball
  • April 25: Warzone Turbo goes live for the weekend
THANK GOD IT’S FINALLY COMING BACK
While I support the OP's case for a permanent GB playlist I can live with it coming in rotational like every other month or so.
I would like to see it RANKED though :)
it's almost hammer time. so turn your controller settings up to 10 10 5

everyone ready to grind that playlist. going to start Thursday after work. will play all night. be off Friday 9-6 for work. will start on Friday night. going to try to play 48 hours straight.
The thing which bothers me about Grifball being gone is that some of the Spartan Company game mode commendations revolve around Grifball medals and accomplishments. With grifbal being rotational, progress can only be made on these once every couple weeks.
I finally bought the digital copy of Halo5 only for #GRIFBALL SINCE MY DISC COPY WAS STOLEN. COME TO FIND OUT THAT THEY DISCONTINUED GRIFBALL?
looks like grifball is back in the rotation so 3 weeks after castle wars I still wish it was permanent but will take every 8 or 12 weeks

think it has been 9 weeks this time
everyone log in and get your fix
hvip wrote:
looks like grifball is back in the rotation so 3 weeks after castle wars I still wish it was permanent but will take every 8 or 12 weeks

think it has been 9 weeks this time
everyone log in and get your fix
Love me some griffball. Great playing with you earlier today.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5