Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Halo 5 Grifball Couminty Request.

OP hvip

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
I finally bought the digital copy of Halo5 only for #GRIFBALL SINCE MY DISC COPY WAS STOLEN. COME TO FIND OUT THAT THEY DISCONTINUED GRIFBALL?
you have 2 weeks to get your money worth on that digital copy..

Not sure if I said this in any previous post in this forum. Halo 5 population is low. but there is an option to fix that that Microsoft has not tried yet. yes, you can get Halo 5 on gamepass but I don't think Halo 5 is selling lots of game pass subscriptions. they need to give Halo 5 as the free gold game of the month. should give us enough blood till Nov 2020, Microsoft has made almost all the money they will make on halo 5 from game sales. but they could increase their sales of rec packs. with 1000 of new players that could potentially give halo 5 a try.

just played 13 hours of grifball with a bit of husky raid thrown in. going to work will be back on tonight. spread the word grif if back
hvip wrote:
I finally bought the digital copy of Halo5 only for #GRIFBALL SINCE MY DISC COPY WAS STOLEN. COME TO FIND OUT THAT THEY DISCONTINUED GRIFBALL?

Not sure if I said this in any previous post in this forum. Halo 5 population is low. but there is an option to fix that that Microsoft has not tried yet. yes, you can get Halo 5 on gamepass but I don't think Halo 5 is selling lots of game pass subscriptions. they need to give Halo 5 as the free gold game of the month. should give us enough blood till Nov 2020, Microsoft has made almost all the money they will make on halo 5 from game sales. but they could increase their sales of rec packs. with 1000 of new players that could potentially give halo 5 a try.

just played 13 hours of grifball with a bit of husky raid thrown in. going to work will be back on tonight. spread the word grif if back
I played both modes (husky raid)/Griff all) as well tonight, probally wouldn't bother with Griffball again though, too many fundamental flaws with how it plays for me to revisit it..I'll wait for play reachs in mcc
I
hvip wrote:

I played both modes (husky raid)/Griff all) as well tonight, probally wouldn't bother with Griffball again though, too many fundamental flaws with how it plays for me to revisit it..I'll wait for play reachs in mcc
What in your opinion are the fundamental flaws in halo 5 grifball? I would like to her the option of why people who like grifball in MMC and Reach Don't enjoy the halo 5 grifball.

I am not going to tell you your wrong for your reason. I would just like to know what it is about Grifball in Halo 5 makes you want to avoid the game. and maybe 343 will make changes to halo infinite grifball that would make the game better. but keeping with it much faster pace.
hvip wrote:
I
hvip wrote:

What in your opinion are the fundamental flaws in halo 5 grifball? I would like to her the option of why people who like grifball in MMC and Reach Don't enjoy the halo 5 grifball.

I am not going to tell you your wrong for your reason. I would just like to know what it is about Grifball in Halo 5 makes you want to avoid the game. and maybe 343 will make changes to halo infinite grifball that would make the game better. but keeping with it much faster pace.
(Deleted)
hvip wrote:
I
hvip wrote:

I think it's the fact that weather you mean to or not because of the splash damage or the AAs or a combination of both you regularly betray your team mates , comparing h5 to reach the combat is less presise
. Then there is the whole boot option the game would ask me multiple times if I wanted to boot a team mate for being betrayed , naturally i dismissed this as you know your guys are just playing the objective
,one game I even got booted it didn't really bother me but it would be frustrating over time ..
so i even altered my playstyle to try and accomodate the the splash damage but found it be so counter intuitive for the way I play the griffball mode that It was leading to poor/weak defensive/offensive decisions
.griffball has always been a idiosyncratic game mode and reach certainly has its many flaws but its general gameplay exceeds h5 on this one and the boot mode seems designed blame the player for its shortcomings with the combat loop. It's a shame because I would have thought with the h5 movement meta it could have been something truly special
hvip wrote:
I think it's the fact that weather you mean to or not because of the splash damage or the AAs or a combination of both you regularly betray your team mates , comparing h5 to reach the combat is less presise
. Then there is the whole boot option the game would ask me multiple times if I wanted to boot a team mate for being betrayed , naturally i dismissed this as you know your guys are just playing the objective
,one game I even got booted it didn't really bother me but it would be frustrating over time ..
so i even altered my playstyle to try and accomodate the the splash damage but found it be so counter intuitive for the way I play the griffball mode that It was leading to poor/weak defensive/offensive decisions
.griffball has always been a idiosyncratic game mode and reach certainly has its many flaws but its general gameplay exceeds h5 on this one and the boot mode seems designed blame the player for its shortcomings with the combat loop. It's a shame because I would have thought with the h5 movement meta it could have been something truly special
Yes, booting is one of the most glaring problems with H5 GB I do think the boot option should still be there but 5 team kills is to low for GB. I would either like it set to 10 or as high as 15 . or maybe 5 team kills gives that player the option to boot you. it the option should be up to the whole team, not one player. . or they could go back to original settings for H5 GB when you had shields. but keep the spartan charge off.
Ok just need to say this in public. Last night one of us grif ballers took over the lead in arena kills from a different grifballer who had been account band.

I was just trying to give props and support to this player. and made a post. announcing the new kill leader. posted it on my stream. that was fine.

my mistake was to make a group post. and added 15 people at a time to the post only made to the M's of my friend's list. had to leave for work.

just finished reading the storm of posts. instead of a bunch of congrats for this player. was hoping the post would bring some people back for the week we have left of grifball. Nope, just a fight of stuff that happened over a year ago in one game.

I played over 400 games of griff over the weekend through today. and have done as good as 99-27 and as bad 7-48 but that's just grifball. and was happy with all of them because I got to play grifball.

so maybe 343 was right we don't deserve a permanent playlist. if this is how we are going to act.

If you want to know who is the new kill leader is look it up on halo tracker. but do not name or call out anyone, not in this forum thread.

I am mad about this and not sure why. at work. would feel better if I had a hammer in hand and was working out my anger on someone. yellow armor
hvip wrote:
hvip wrote:
Yes, booting is one of the most glaring problems with H5 GB I do think the boot option should still be there but 5 team kills is to low for GB. I would either like it set to 10 or as high as 15 . or maybe 5 team kills gives that player the option to boot you. it the option should be up to the whole team, not one player. . or they could go back to original settings for H5 GB when you had shields. but keep the spartan charge off.
Shall I chime in?
You can still use Grif's head for grifball!
hvip wrote:
hvip wrote:
Shall I chime in?
please do Fiery.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3