Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

HALO 5 GUARDIANS- HARDRIVE SPACE???

OP BATTLESTATION 9

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Hello everybody
Im just as exited as everyone to get my hands on Halo 5, but i was wondering how much space is going to use on my hard drive since the news of all collector´s editions are going to be digital, i know you can change it if you want a physical disk but i wanted to know just to discard

Thank you
The number that has been going around the Internet is 60 GB.
60Gbs is what it says on the Amazon listing for the Halo Xbox.
look at the picture listed, on the lower right hand corner.
Ok i never seen that image before, i suppose i will try to clear that space from my xbox before launch

Thanks a lot
Buy an external hard drive. Problem solved.

Also, the base level collectors edition (the one without the Chief/Locke statue) has a physical disc.
The thing is that i already pre ordered the collectors edition and after i get my hands on that i dont know if i can afford a external hardrive...... :/
I don't want to make any assumptions about where you live, or your financial situation, but where I live (Australia) things are generally more expensive than in the US, and I can get a 1TB drive for less than a new game, and if I opt for smaller (say 500GB) it's even cheaper. If you're worried about space and don't want to delete things, that's the best option.
Any idea how long the game will take to install in the HDD?
Even if you get the physical disk, you will still have to install it before you can play the game. So either way you'll need up to 60 GB free on your hard drive.

Installing the game from a disk usually takes 15-20 minutes. Actually downloading the game can take anywhere from 20 minutes-a few days depending on your internet speeds.
I really wish I would of waited to buy an xbone for the larger hard drive, should've never wasted my time with Destiny. luckily I have a 2TB hard drive handy, I'll have to rig that up now
Hello everybody
Im just as exited as everyone to get my hands on Halo 5, but i was wondering how much space is going to use on my hard drive since the news of all collector´s editions are going to be digital, i know you can change it if you want a physical disk but i wanted to know just to discard

Thank you
Did you know that if you uninstall games from your HDD, you retain your save files? So if you want to go back to those games all you have to do is reinstall them. This is what I do to cycle space on my hard drive and honestly it saves me moolah I could be using to actually buy games.
Whoops
It is not 60gb. That's just a placeholder Amazon uses. Just like how they put December 31st.
It is not 60gb. That's just a placeholder Amazon uses. Just like how they put December 31st.
It's also on the Limited Edition Console box.
Guessing 80 gb after all the patches. Lol
The hardrive is not really much of a problem , the only thing is that the limited collector edtion (the one with the statues) is almost like 3 games here but i will try to get a new hardrive before launch
Yes this is about right.
the art isn't final
Even if you get the physical disk, you will still have to install it before you can play the game. So either way you'll need up to 60 GB free on your hard drive.

Installing the game from a disk usually takes 15-20 minutes. Actually downloading the game can take anywhere from 20 minutes-a few days depending on your internet speeds.
Lets just say, it took over a week for us to download MCC. So I will have to wait awhile..
the art isn't final
Chances are the 60gb is going to include the DLC, all of the maps, the additional req equipment, etc. It's the ENTIRE THING, not just on the release date.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2