Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Halo 5: Guardians NEEDS regions (support)

OP Kairo

Hi community,

I'd just like to start off by saying I love the format of this website, it feels more friendly and also a big Happy New Year to everyone.

But straight to the most concerning point. Halo 5: Guardians needs regions for its ranking system.

I'm a competitive player from Australia and I like other competitive players who are foreign have difficulty matching foreign players from other countries because of the latency and connection distances. Players from the Oceanic realm especially have difficulty connecting to European and North American players and connection delay can be up to 2 seconds and it makes finding equal matches against these foreigners impossible.

Now that Halo 5: Guardians has a ranking system similar to League Of Legends you get a rating and get matched with people with a higher skill level more accurately. That is very cool and almost all of me and my friends love it but we still can't seem to find fair matches. It's because when we are ranked so high (I'm onyx 3) we keep matching Americans and Europeans (who pull host over these long distances) eat gunshots constantly that we can't do anything about. I feel powerless to get to Pro because I am constantly being matched against foreigners who hold these ranks because of their host advantages and I can't even kill them in-game with a full Assault Rifle clip.

Unlike League Of Legends Halo 5: Guardians doesn't offer regions to equalize the matchmaking experience for players. What I am suggesting is that you guys at 343 Industries filter the matchmaking into a region-based system so all players have an equal chance of getting to the top of their regional zone (mine Australia/New Zealand) without having to fight against other players with huge host advantages over them. That is the only way the matchmaking experience will be truly equal. Now that this ranking system has been implemented I can guarantee lagg and host advantage will be the number 1 complaint about this ranking system if nothing is done about it. Another thing that is important, rather than ranking the world against each other you should rank the world against players of its region in a top 100 system or even top 50. Those players can then battle it out for the top placings in their national and regional online tournaments in and then compete against foreign players from NA and EU on LAN.

Here is a great example of regions to restrict players to in matchmaking: http://thejohnboyer.com/images/uploads/regions_vid.jpg

If you have a similar problem with Halo 5: Guardians or a better way of looking at this please share it down below. This is something that will affect all of us and without the right attention and care it could ruin the equality of this ranking system all together.

Thank you for reading.

Regards,

Matt

TL;DR: Halo 5 needs regional filters for the matchmaking ranking system