Halo 5 has a great campaign.

OP LUCIUS VENATOR

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 12
I'm currently replaying the campaign on legendary and I honestly think that the campaign is really solid.
Reasons are:
1- We get to finally experience all of Blue Team together.
2- We get to finally see Sangheilios.
3- The "data-pads" scattered trough out the levels enrich the story.
4- There's a great deal of variety in the environments.
5- generally speaking, the graphics and art are well done and beautiful.
6- Fire-team Osiris is a great addition in terms of playable characters and their banter makes them feel more human.
The only reason the story suffered slightly is because they tried too put to much into one game (in terms of narrative).

Edit: Okay, I would like to specify that yes, the story was pretty weak.
I think Halo 5 is more of a "bridge" game, kinda like a test if you will.
Of course it could have been much better, I was just offering some counterpoints to the majority opinion.
But hey, There's not a single Halo game I don't like.
Yeah that made the gamr solid but we needed more chief. At least 2-3 more missions at least. And the story was bad in my opinion.
How does your list makes Halo 5 campaign great?
1. Blue Team was barely there.
2. Sangheilios was not that impressive to me.
3. Data pad or hidden secret things are very subjective one. (I don't like the idea of data pad)
4. Variety?
5. Low texture and plastic looking architectures ruined the immersion.
6. Story did not suffered, because of them. Campaign could have been longer for deep character development, but 343 decided to not do it.

Story itself is bad in my opinion. The whole idea of Master Chief going AWOL is bad decision.
We got Blue team, but only for 3 missions. Pretty lame if you ask me.
Campaign gets more hate than it deserves IMO. No it wasn't one of the best but it wasn't terrible either.
Justima wrote:
3. Data pad or hidden secret things are very subjective one. (I don't like the idea of data pad)
4. Variety?
6. Story did not suffered, because of them. Campaign could have been longer for deep character development, but 343 decided to not do it.

Story itself is bad in my opinion. The whole idea of Master Chief going AWOL is bad decision.
4. Variety?
Lol i have no idea what he's talking about. Warden eternal is the most recycled boss I can think of.

I will say I don't mind seeing chief go AWOL, if he would actually go AWOL. That was the most underwhelming part of the campaign. There should've been some kind of internal struggle in him, maybe cortana's "death" finally triggered PTSD in chief. Instead, he just didn't listen to one order and the unsc decided they didn't trust the soldier who saved the galaxy single handedly.
r3sPaWn3d wrote:
Justima wrote:
4. Variety?

4. Variety?
Lol i have no idea what he's talking about. Warden eternal is the most recycled boss I can think of.

I will say I don't mind seeing chief go AWOL, if he would actually go AWOL. That was the most underwhelming part of the campaign. There should've been some kind of internal struggle in him, maybe cortana's "death" finally triggered PTSD in chief. Instead, he just didn't listen to one order and the unsc decided they didn't trust the soldier who saved the galaxy single handedly.
He was not even certain about Cortana's survival. One thing that bothers me the most is Master Chief did not have to go AWOL, it could have been a mission to search Cortana with Halsey. I wonder who suggested the idea of going AWOL.
why can't we all agree that halo 5's campaign is a great Co-op experience:3
When none of things in campaign is optimized for Co-op? Such as no split-screen or campaign matchmaking?
  1. Blue Team were criminally underdeveloped
  2. The ads lied to us: Chief was never declared a traitor, and there was no hunt for the truth because the characters knew what was really going on by the third mission
  3. The motivations were all over the place
  4. They ruined Cortana's characterization
  5. Horrible pacing
  6. The dialogue was pretty stupid at times
  7. The Arbiter was really underwhelming
  8. Awkward cutscenes; some fade to black before they have time to finish
  9. Seriously, the motivations were so bad it's kinda comical. Chief slaps Locke with a BR just because the latter mentioned Cortana, he goes AWOL for an even weaker reason, Halsey no longer hates the UNSC because of plot convenience, Blue Team never question Chief, they just do what he says like it's Follow the Leader, Cortana turning evil made no sense, et cetera.
  10. The undeserved cliffhanger ending
I can go on, but the story was just an insult.
Justima wrote:
r3sPaWn3d wrote:
Justima wrote:
4. Variety?

4. Variety?

He was not even certain about Cortana's survival. One thing that bothers me the most is Master Chief did not have to go AWOL, it could have been a mission to search Cortana with Halsey. I wonder who suggested the idea of going AWOL.
Probably Brian Reed. He is to halo, what George Lucas was to star wars when he discovered CGI. The quality of his rendition of halos campaign story is comparable to the quality of the story of that crystal skull movie thats not an Indiana Jones movie.
Justima wrote:
When none of things in campaign is optimized for Co-op? Such as no split-screen or campaign matchmaking?
okay I get we need split screen but u don't need campaign matchmaking or splitscreen to do coop. As long as u can work together with people against AIs u have coop
Justima wrote:
r3sPaWn3d wrote:
Justima wrote:
4. Variety?

4. Variety?

Well he was AWOL... he was ordered not to go after Cortana and he did any ways... that is absent without leave
LethalQ wrote:
Justima wrote:
r3sPaWn3d wrote:
Justima wrote:
4. Variety?

4. Variety?

Well he was AWOL... he was ordered not to go after Cortana and he did any ways... that is absent without leave
He did AWOL in Halo 5. But this entire situation could have been a mission to search Cortana under UNSC's command with Halsey. This scenario could established deep story and character development.
LethalQ wrote:
Justima wrote:
r3sPaWn3d wrote:
Justima wrote:
4. Variety?

4. Variety?

Yes, but why? Why wouldn't they trust him? Better yet, why would chief chase a hallucination he saw while he was on a mission.
r3sPaWn3d wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
Justima wrote:
r3sPaWn3d wrote:
Justima wrote:
4. Variety?

4. Variety?

Yes, but why? Why wouldn't they trust him? Better yet, why would chief chase a hallucination he saw while he was on a mission.
Remember when Halsey said Chief must not go near her. They never really said why she didn't want chief to get near her. Perhaps she knew or knows that Cortana is infected and didn't want her to possibly hurt John. We may find out in H6
Quote:
For all of, what, three missions and a couple cutscenes? Even TFoR: The Animated Series felt like it had more Blue Team action, and that wasn't even that great.
Quote:
I guess, but that doesn't make up for much.
Quote:
See above. Plus, some are confusing and end up not adding much. Others, while amusing, don't add anything either.
Quote:
-Sanghelios: rocky dry areas, ancient ruins, some curved modern architecture, Forerunner stuff
-Meridian: generic looking "future buildings" with rocks everywhere, Forerunner stuff
-Genesis: green, rocky, Forerunner stuff, some snow
-Kamchatka: snow, rocks, Forerunner stuff
Not too much variety if you ask me. At least it looks kinda pretty.
Quote:
I'll give you that one.
Quote:
6- Fire-team Osiris is a great addition in terms of playable characters and their banter makes them feel more human.
Their banter doesn't really add anything. In-game, they were developed poorly and felt rather dull.
Let's agree to disagree ;)
Man, ODST had a better story and it was just a spinoff.
I'm currently replaying the campaign on legendary and I honestly think that the campaign is really solid.
Reasons are:
The only reason the story suffered slightly is because they tried too put to much into one game (in terms of narrative).
The problem with the campaign wasn't that the story was bad. Everything that you listed that was in the campaign was fantastic, but people are complaining about the lack of character and story depth, and how quickly the story went. Everything included was a basic plot point or character to the story, but 343 could've expanded on it. Overall, the campaign is mediocre at best.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 12