4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 12
campaign is good but I have to accept that the best iso bungie halo campaign
campaign is good but I have to accept that the best iso bungie halo campaign
That's why I hope that Halo 6 feels kinda like Halo 3.
Justima wrote:
Justima wrote:
How does your list makes Halo 5 campaign great?
1. Blue Team was barely there.
2. Sangheilios was not that impressive to me.
3. Data pad or hidden secret things are very subjective one. (I don't like the idea of data pad)
4. Variety?
5. Low texture and plastic looking architectures ruined the immersion.
6. Story did not suffered, because of them. Campaign could have been longer for deep character development, but 343 decided to not do it.

Story itself is bad in my opinion. The whole idea of Master Chief going AWOL is bad decision.
I have an issue with number 5. I experienced almost no lie texture and absolutely nothing looked like plastic. I feel like you are just making that up. For number 2, I wasn't very impressed on my first play through either, but when I played it again and watched LNG's "Let's examine halo 5" videos, I truly saw its greatness. The music fits perfectly and I love how they went a low toned whistle/flute kind of thing. Here's a lazy link to the video. I suggest you watch it.
Are you implying that Halo 5 has good texture? To maintain 60FPS, 343 sacrificed many things and texture is one of them. Bases/buildings in Meridian looked like it was made of plastic. You might need to acknowledge that texture is bad considering the game is from 2015. I have done many replays of Halo 5, still not impressed by Sangheilios.
It doesn't have the best textures, but there aren't a lot of bad textures. I don't see the plastic-ness of the buildings, but whatever. Did you ever watch the video I so generously linked?
Justima wrote:
Justima wrote:
3. Data pad or hidden secret things are very subjective one. (I don't like the idea of data pad)
4. Variety?
6. Story did not suffered, because of them. Campaign could have been longer for deep character development, but 343 decided to not do it.

Story itself is bad in my opinion. The whole idea of Master Chief going AWOL is bad decision.
I have an issue with number 5. I experienced almost no lie texture and absolutely nothing looked like plastic. I feel like you are just making that up. For number 2, I wasn't very impressed on my first play through either, but when I played it again and watched LNG's "Let's examine halo 5" videos, I truly saw its greatness. The music fits perfectly and I love how they went a low toned whistle/flute kind of thing. Here's a lazy link to the video. I suggest you watch it.
Are you implying that Halo 5 has good texture? To maintain 60FPS, 343 sacrificed many things and texture is one of them. Bases/buildings in Meridian looked like it was made of plastic. You might need to acknowledge that texture is bad considering the game is from 2015. I have done many replays of Halo 5, still not impressed by Sangheilios.
It doesn't have the best textures, but there aren't a lot of bad textures. I don't see the plastic-ness of the buildings, but whatever. Did you ever watch the video I so generously linked?
I did clicked the link, but did not watch it. Like I said, I did played Halo 5 campaign multiple times, I don't want to see more.
They just missed so many oppurtunities. Why wasn't Locke vs chief a boss fight? Why doesn't chief have PTSD or something after the "loss" of cortana? Why do we get three short missions with blue team? Why isn't fireteam Osiris' characters backstory revealed more? Why doesn't it have anything to do with hunt the truth?
I say it was a pretty good campaign. Even if Master Chief wasn't in it that much it isn't always about him. I'm sure we'll see way more of him in Halo 6.
I'm currently replaying the campaign on legendary and I honestly think that the campaign is really solid.
Reasons are:
1- We get to finally experience all of Blue Team together.
2- We get to finally see Sangheilios.
3- The "data-pads" scattered trough out the levels enrich the story.
4- There's a great deal of variety in the environments.
5- generally speaking, the graphics and art are well done and beautiful.
6- Fire-team Osiris is a great addition in terms of playable characters and their banter makes them feel more human.
The only reason the story suffered slightly is because they tried too put to much into one game (in terms of narrative).
The Campaign is pretty bad. Worst in Halo history. Reasons are:
-Blue Team and Fireteam Osiris are back without a proper introduction.
-Useless Filler lines.
-ai becomes evil cliché.
- data pads are boring, quantity over quality.
-Id rather have interesting terminals than crap datapads.
-Characters are boring.
-Horrible dialogue.
-Jul Mdama has a horrible death. He could have had a huge impact on later games.
-Cortana is revealed to be the main enemy 2 missions into the game.

There is much more.
For what it's worth, it at least felt and sounded more Halo than that trite "game" Halo 4 did.
Nah, the story and level designs were so poor, that any potential positives aren't enough to make the campaign forgivable.
there should be more missions with the blue team
I'm currently replaying the campaign on legendary and I honestly think that the campaign is really solid.
Reasons are:
6- Fire-team Osiris is a great addition in terms of playable characters and their banter makes them feel more human.
The only reason the story suffered slightly is because they tried too put to much into one game (in terms of narrative).
1. Yeah, sure, but Blue Team was terribly handled. They are characterized as emotionless robots, not showing off the strong family ties between the Spartan-IIs, when these characters have a lot of personality in the books. And we play as them for 3/15 levels... Absolutely awful.
2. That was awesome, you're right, I did thoroughly enjoy that.
3. Those were cool as well, though none of them really gave any useful backstory.
4. Not at all. Halo 5's campaign actually had the least amount of diverse levels in any Halo game (even less diverse than ODST). We had a snow environment, a space station, Meridian (which was all the same), Sanghelios (all the same but one level) and Genesis (all the same). What, is this Star Wars? Do different planets not have different types of environments anymore?
5. Sure, but that does not make the campaign great. The story was terrible, among many other issues.
6. Umm... No. The only part of Fireteam Osiris that I did like was Buck, because he's from ODST. Asides from that, they were nearly indistinguishable from each other, and mostly boring characters. Half the time, I had no idea whether it was Vale or Tanaka who was talking.
Justima wrote:
Justima wrote:
Justima wrote:
4. Variety?

I did clicked the link, but did not watch it. Like I said, I did played Halo 5 campaign multiple times, I don't want to see more.
He does a very good in-depth analysis of the whole campaign (he's very negative towards it, but more positive in swords of sanghelios). If you are vowing never to go into the campaign again, that's fine by me, but if you want to see a great in-depth analysis of it that will help you see it from a different perspective, just watch the video. This series is actually what introduced me to LNG. If I'm correct, I don't think you're a big fan of LNG.
Reasons are:
Ok, now you have to admit your opinions are pretty subjective. Not to say nobody feels the same but You should really watch the act man's videos. Seriously, look them up on YouTube and after that if you still like the campeign let me know.
Justima wrote:
Justima wrote:
Justima wrote:
4. Variety?

He does a very good in-depth analysis of the whole campaign (he's very negative towards it, but more positive in swords of sanghelios). If you are vowing never to go into the campaign again, that's fine by me, but if you want to see a great in-depth analysis of it that will help you see it from a different perspective, just watch the video. This series is actually what introduced me to LNG. If I'm correct, I don't think you're a big fan of LNG.
LNG is one of few Youtubers I trust and enjoy content.
Justima wrote:
4. Variety?

This. Worst Halo FPS Halo campaign; not memorable at all and not very enjoyable.
Reasons are:
1. And they are barely in the game and lack a shred of their personalities from the expanded media. We are only ever told how they are a family, there are few examples in the game itself. It is a shallow experience at best.
2. Yup, that was a nice moment, but it felt so detached from the rest of the story and the defeat of the Covenant was a whimper compared to what it should represent.
3. Yes, most are good, but again they are detached from the main narrative. The 'Arach brothers on opposing sides of the Swords of Sanghelios and Covenant? Amazing stuff. The Builder and Bastion? Mysterious. But they feel like they belong to a completely different game.
4. True, but I kinda expect varied locales as the bare minimum.
5. Again, bare minimum.
6. Osiris was good, better than what most people seem to think of them.

Halo 5 has good things in it, but narratively is falls apart that not even great environments, solid Intel, and the introduction of Blue Team can fix.
Reasons are:
U must like the bar being set low
Reasons are:
Dawg nothing that was set up in Halo 4 mattered. The whole point of this game was to continue what happened in 4, and the writer just didn't seem to care about the characters.
It can still be improved.
Im sorry I'm not about to read all of this before I post but holy -Yoink- Halo 5's campaign was garbage and there is no defending it.

To start, no splitscreen killed Halo 5's campaign before it even started. Some of my best gaming memories are with friends on Halo splitscreen killing covies as Arby and the chief. I don't give a flying -Yoink- about Locke or team Osiris, why should I? Half the time their stupid -Yoink- cant even revive me. Oh it's supposed to be cause he's more human that the chief? Well guess what, the whole reason Halo and the Master Chief got to be so popular was because you wern't human. You were -Yoinking!- robot superman with a gun killing aliens who said the occasional one liner. Along with this, Halo 5 left every casual Halo fan with a bad taste in their mouth for one simple reason. It actually requires extensive knowledge of the Halo universe outside of the games to fully get. Why 343? Why would you do this -Yoink-. Not everybody is a nerd like us here on the forums. Most people have lives and don't read about Halo when they aren't playing it. If I were a Halo player and havent played a single one since 3, and somebody told me the universe's current struggles stems from an ancient war between humans and Forerunner and that Master Chief is some sort of forerunner prophecy/reincarnation I'd -Yoinking!- laugh.

There are many things wrong with the campaign and I could probably write a multiple page essay on why Halo 5's campaign was garbage but I'll leave it at this before I type too much more and get irritated.

Also, most of the environments were uninspired and bland. Sanghelios was just brown rocks or cityesque. Wooo

EDIT: I forgot Warden Eternal was in this game, add that to the list. 343 so lazy they had to used to same boss how many times? Wasn't it like 4 or 5 times you have to kill him? The more I think about the game the more of a joke it is.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 12