Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Halo 5 helmet

OP BADMANDAD

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
How do you earn or upgrade to the other helmets in halo 5?
Through Req packs, although some are earned through specific tasks
djodst74 wrote:
Emphasis on specific tasks...
  • The Timmy helmet is rewarded to those who've played 50 hours of Custom Games
  • The Achilles helmet is exclusive to Spartan Company members (must be enlisted the moment it gets unlocked)
  • All 9 Classic Helmets are only available in the Classic Helmet Pack (can be bought in the MS Store for $9.99 or 150,000 RP when available)
  • The Olive helmet is rewarded to those to make a Forge map and have it selected for matchmaking
Well I have about 60000 points. But theres all these packs for guns and vehicles. Which ones can you use in which games. I mainly want to suit up my guy I mostly play super fiesta.thx
BADMANDAD wrote:
Well I have about 60000 points. But theres all these packs for guns and vehicles. Which ones can you use in which games. I mainly want to suit up my guy I mostly play super fiesta.thx
The weapon and vehicle packs are a huge waste. Forget about them.
HaXoR73 wrote:
djodst74 wrote:
  • The Achilles helmet is exclusive to Spartan Company members (must be enlisted the moment it gets unlocked)
  • All 9 Classic Helmets are only available in the Classic Helmet Pack (can be bought in the MS Store for $9.99 or 150,000 RP when available)
  • The Olive helmet is rewarded to those to make a Forge map and have it selected for matchmaking
You missed some.
  • Helioskrill is earned after completing all MCC campaigns on Legendary difficulty.
  • Nightfall armor is earned for watching Halo Nightfall from the Halo Channel.
OP: Focus on buying Silver packs just to begin. You'll have the more common stuff, then, when you have a good collection, you can start opening Gold Packs for higher chances of earning Ultra Rare or Legendary stuff.
HaXoR73 wrote:
djodst74 wrote:
You missed some.
  • Helioskrill is earned after completing all MCC campaigns on Legendary difficulty.
OP: Focus on buying Silver packs just to begin. You'll have the more common stuff, then, when you have a good collection, you can start opening Gold Packs for higher chances of earning Ultra Rare or Legendary stuff.
Mark VI and Mark VI Scarred are earned after completing Cairo Station in the Master Chief Collection.
HaXoR73 wrote:
djodst74 wrote:
You missed some.
Mark VI and Mark VI Scarred are earned after completing Cairo Station in the Master Chief Collection.
HOW COULD I FORGET THEM??? My favorite helmet(s) above all things!!!!!!!
HaXoR73 wrote:
djodst74 wrote:
You missed some.
I actually got Helioskrill and Nightfall through Gold Packs in the past, the former was possible because I didn't own a copy of MCC in the day.
BADMANDAD wrote:
If you're focused on unlocking armor, I recommend checking out this tool created by a moderator of the Halo subreddit. Check out the FAQ tab for explanations of things, but the gist is to get the most bang for your buck with REQ points, you'll want to keep buying Silver Packs until you aren't unlocking anything, then move on to Gold Packs.

This way you aren't spending 10,000 points on a Gold Pack only to unlock items that could be found at half the cost in a Silver Pack.
Thankyou gentlemen..that helps a lot. I got some stuff with silver packs.
HaXoR73 wrote:
HaXoR73 wrote:
djodst74 wrote:
You missed some.
I actually got Helioskrill and Nightfall through Gold Packs in the past, the former was possible because I didn't own a copy of MCC in the day.
That is absolutely impossible. Halopedia still says you can obtain it through MCC campaigns or MYTHIC REQ Packs.
HaXoR73 wrote:
HaXoR73 wrote:
djodst74 wrote:
You missed some.
That is absolutely impossible. Halopedia still says you can obtain it through MCC campaigns or MYTHIC REQ Packs.
I have 2 points to make for you. The first is Halopedia is a fan source, not an official one, and second, you can obtain Helioskrill variants from Gold REQ Packs, not sure about Mythic REQ Packs.
HaXoR73 wrote:
HaXoR73 wrote:
djodst74 wrote:
You missed some.
I have 2 points to make for you. The first is Halopedia is a fan source, not an official one, and second, you can obtain Helioskrill variants from Gold REQ Packs, not sure about Mythic REQ Packs.
Mythic REQ Packs actually aren't a thing; Mythic items are considered the same as Legendary items, they just have that fancy 3-star banner over them and nothing more. You can still get Mythic items through regular Gold Packs.
HaXoR73 wrote:
HaXoR73 wrote:
HaXoR73 wrote:
djodst74 wrote:
You missed some.
Mythic REQ Packs actually aren't a thing; Mythic items are considered the same as Legendary items, they just have that fancy 3-star banner over them and nothing more. You can still get Mythic items through regular Gold Packs.
HaXoR73 wrote:
HaXoR73 wrote:
djodst74 wrote:
You missed some.
Just stop trying to make me feel unrewarded. I almost threw my controller, Xbox and TV outta my windows (8th floor) during Delta Halo and Regret and I'm not the type of guy that gets this angry. Huh... Jackal Snipers.... breaching rage limits since '04.
I'm able to sell stuff like guns and vehicles.. does that do anything except give me points?
BADMANDAD wrote:
I'm able to sell stuff like guns and vehicles.. does that do anything except give me points?
Well firstly no, nothing, and secondly what would you like it to do?
BADMANDAD wrote:
Outside of getting points back, selling guns and vehicles doesn't yield anything else.
Req packs it’s random tho I do recommend Bronze > Silver> Gold when getting your collection
Req packs it’s random tho I do recommend Bronze > Silver> Gold when getting your collection
Bronze packs aren't worth anything. They only give you common items, maybe some uncommon stuff, but even common customization items are rare.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2