OP ske7ch

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 15
Halo 5 Hot Fix – May 31
Today a hot fix is rolling out to Halo 5 that, among a few other things, addresses one specific issue that was found to be causing a “Heavy Aim” state in the game as reported by players across the community. We are excited to see the impact this fix has but will continue to monitor data and player feedback to determine if there are any other issues contributing to a “heavy aim” feeling in Halo 5.

Heavy Aim
What is “Heavy Aim”?
This term has come to be used across the community to describe a game state where the on-screen reticule feels sluggish and less responsive than it should.

What is being fixed?
The team has identified and successfully repro’d a specific condition that results in players getting in a bad state where Halo 5’s input latency is higher than it should. This hotfix includes an update to make it so this particular issue will no longer cause players to get stuck in this undesirable state.

I thought “Heavy Aim” was fixed before?
In December we released a small hotfix that addressed a different issue that was slightly impacting input latency in Halo 5. After players’ reports continued and additional in-depth investigations commenced, a larger underlying issue was discovered which is being fixed in today’s patch.

Will aiming be different now?
It will really depend – players who found themselves frequently getting stuck in this particular ‘heavy aim’ bad state and who are sensitive to millisecond changes in input latency will notice a difference now as they no longer get stuck in that state. This fix is solely aimed at resolving that specific issue – the fundamental aiming mechanics of the game aren’t being changed.

Is that all?
Please keep in mind that there are many external factors that might contribute to how the game feels while playing online. Network-related latency – which can be caused by any number of variables - is a factor of playing online and is not something that this patch will impact.

We’d love to hear about your experiences with this new hotfix. If you frequently found yourself in a “heavy aim” state before, have you noticed a difference now? Please let us know in the forums.

Additional Fixes
The primary impetus for this hot fix is the heavy aim issue noted above but this patch also includes a few other small items that were being worked on in parallel:

• Helmet and Armor customization items are now sorted by name and rarity instead of unlock date
  • Added additional tuning capabilities for HCS game variants (gives the 343 team greater future flexibility to adjust settings and variants in the retail environment)

Looking Ahead
With this latest hot fix out the door the team is continuing work on several other high priority issues that have been reported by the community. Most notably, work is underway to get a hot fix released to address the “double shot” exploit as well as the Plasma Grenade “wall glitch” that has been making the rounds of late. We will provide additional details as we have them but the team is pushing to get these particular fixes into the game ASAP.

Thank you for the helpful feedback and game films being shared – it’s incredibly useful to the team – and please continue to share feedback with us on social and here on Waypoint.
Awesome! Looking forward to seeing the fixes when I get on! :)
Finally, this had better work...
ske7ch wrote:
  • Helmet and Armor customization items are now sorted by name and rarity instead of unlock date
More excited for this than heavy aim.
I very much like the armor reorganization, but I would like to suggest maybe having a few different sorting options (Date Unlocked, Rarity, A-Z, etc.) because I just know some won't like the change, and if you're like me, you're sick of all the threads complaining about the most minor stuff. Just looking out for you guys.
Great stuff! Hope i notice the heavy aim change, but man i'm sure glad about those armor sortings!
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
ske7ch wrote:
Helmet and Armor customization items are now sorted by name and rarity instead of unlock date

That is what the collection tab is for. This is something that is bad imo. I had the armors and helmets layout memorized.
Yay, finally the customization will be slightly better then how bad it is. But it is great that the is getting better.
The Plasma Grenade glitch does not only apply to walls. Example Here.

Edit: Also, recently I've been noticing that melees aren't registering. Has this been reported or is it just me?
D M4N8 wrote:
The Plasma Grenade glitch does not only apply to walls. Example Here.
Damn. Now that i look back on it i can remember that happening more times than i thought. Interesting...
ske7ch Thank you! Can you share/do you know?
1) What % of players this impacted?
2) What % of the time they were impacted?
Finally, the heavy aim fix has arrived.

If I can ask a question though: will the warzone warlords "blocking"/dodging issue be fixed in a future date as well, or is it already in this update?
it would be great if you added the ability to kick people in online custom games for the host because to many people go afk which doesnt allow people to spawn in most custom games.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not create alternate accounts to bypass forum bans. Alternate accounts will be permanently banned, and offending users will be subject to both temporary and permanent bans.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
I cant play with friends it keeps saying i dont have the same version but i dont have an update
Thank youuu
ske7ch wrote:
More excited for this than heavy aim.
Ditto haha
Finally, the heavy aim fix has arrived.

If I can ask a question though: will the warzone warlords "blocking"/dodging issue be fixed in a future date as well, or is it already in this update?
What is that exactly?
Now work on the awful servers
Agree. People eat more shots on these "dedicated" servers than previous p2p Halos. Look at Battlefield running around with 64 players and way better connections. Sadface.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 15