Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Halo 5 Hot Fix - Nov. 8

OP ske7ch

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
A small hotfix was released today that adds some optimizations to last week's "Overtime" game update to reduce the total file size. Today's tiny patch should free up approx. 10GB of HDD space on your Xbox console. Going forward, anyone who hasn't already installed the "Overtime" update will download a smaller update than what was originally launched last week.

Additionally - some unrelated work was done today on Halo 5 servers to try and address scattered reports of decreased performance and stability issues. The team is monitoring closely but so far believes that these changes have resolved these issues. Please let us know how your online experience is as of this afternoon!
ske7ch wrote:
A small hotfix was released today that adds some optimizations to last week's "Overtime" game update to reduce the total file size. Today's tiny patch should free up approx. 10GB of HDD space on your Xbox console. Going forward, anyone who hasn't already installed the "Overtime" update will download a smaller update than what was originally launched last week.

Additionally - some unrelated work was done today on Halo 5 servers to try and address scattered reports of decreased performance and stability issues. The team is monitoring closely but so far believes that these changes have resolved these issues. Please let us know how your online experience is as of this afternoon!
I havent got on to check server stuff but thank you guys for reducing the file size. My hard drive is getting pretty full lol
Thank you kind sir.
That explains why today my H5 was out of breath, I was disconnected from the game without warning, but I'm glad that something is being launched.
Thank you for keeping us informed. I'll start download.
As a Brazilian player I can check this server thing pretty easily since the smallest change on servers has a huge impact on us (Brazilian players)
Finally started compressing your files. Nice!
by the way Halo Wars 2 is also getting something?
because by putting H5 to download I saw that something was also available for him.
YES Thank You for reducing the file size!
I haven't played Halo 5 in a couple days at least due to Horizon Zero Dawn: The Frozen Wilds releasing yesterday. Thanks for the fix anyhow! I read stuff on the Waypoint Discord about it.
Btb maps still feel like they have frame drops
Shucks. I was hoping this small update was fixing the weapons that have been messed up recently.
Awesome. Will this help the server issue that H5 has been having recently?
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post comments that are discriminatory in nature.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
For making the game more stable and trying to reduce frame drops? Wow, you and me have very different definitions of good...
Many forgers have been reporting increased performance issues on maps, particularly framerate drops. The issue is getting pretty bad. Maps that were once running consistently at 60 FPS do not do so anymore. Can we expect this change to be examined? It is rather disheartening.
What gives!!! The update uninstalled the game so now i gotta reinstall the freakin game after i had already done so on the XBO X.
We still need a resolution fix Ske7ch. Halo 5 looked fine before, now it doesn't look and run as it used to.
Also,
Many forgers have been reporting increased performance issues on maps, particularly framerate drops. The issue is getting pretty bad. Maps that were once running consistently at 60 FPS do not do so anymore. Can we expect this change to be examined? It is rather disheartening.
Another bug I want to report, I made a thread about it. This one has been around for a long time and hasn't been fixed.
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/6e35355aecdf4fd0acdaee3cc4156fd4/topics/shields-tilting-out-of-place-in-custom-game/be4d8162-5424-4080-a70e-82c7370dd565/posts?page=1#post2
I really hope this helps the servers as some matches my team and I would be getting crazy lag, melee's not registering, the game felt really sluggish at times, and I was fortunate enough to get even more random disconnects (still get them ever since Monitors Bounty update) then I was getting before this update.

Truly hope this fixes at least some things, but you'll excuse me if I have my doubts.

Great news about the smaller file sizes. My hard drive and I thank you lol :)
I also really hope you're looking into the Forge map screen lag or frame dropping issues. It's getting to the point where I don't even want to play anymore because almost every game in BTB feels like I'm sprinting and aiming through mud like the map doesn't want to fully load.
ChrisDoom wrote:
Btb maps still feel like they have frame drops
Can't wait to try out BTB on my Xbox one X. I played other modes and it was buttery smooth so I'm expecting the same with BTB. If I can ever find a game
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3