Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Halo 5 Hot Fix - Nov. 8

OP ske7ch

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Mm let's see ever since around May or June there was a update that freezes the screen up when people leave the game. I don't understand why this hasn't been fix yet. But now ever since that 4k update the screen doesn't just freeze up for 3 sec, now it’s like a whole min if not more. The game crashes like I'm playing the early days MCC. If I even dare to take a clip/screenshot the game will crash. At the end of 75% of my games it crashes which is becoming extremely annoying and making people play another game because these problems haven't been around for so long but there not being fix.
But I will say I don't get suck in the black screen as much as before, but the problem is still there. Plus, that black screen shouldn't even be there from the start. What the point in seeing the map and gametype load up when it takes you to another screen again. But that's been there since the game been out so it’s not a huge deal but getting stuck in the loading screen when everyone else is playing is very annoying. Because now I have to restart my game because these problems haven't been fixed yet.
thats awesome. A glitch I have been experiencing since the update is in forge my grouped prices stay group but they wander a little. Maybe it is just me though.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Couple things I’d like to see happen. Not sure if others share my interest or if these will ever get done.

1. Bring back classic Breakout at least as another game mode. More maps would be nice too. There is also a lot of blurriness on Knell I think it is.

2. More maps for SWAT! There are so many good maps and SWAT had so many of the good ones taken away.

Other than that, no problems. I’ve had the game since it came out and I have to say, regardless of unpopular opinion, that 343 has done great! Still updating and fixing a game that has been out for 2 years. Wish others like 2K would care as much about their games. Thank you.
thank you for this patch. I would like to know when the update for ricochet mode will happen?
Preformance issues: Ive had a about 6 or 7 total btb and arena matches yesterday and today that either the fps drops significantly or the game freezes and im still getting shot at.
It seemed as if my match connections were improved a bit with this update, but this is based off of a small sample size. And thanks for the file size reduction too.
Disconnected mid wz game earlier but other than that the servers have been fine. And good job reducing the file size, please keep that up for Halo 6.
lNaturaI wrote:
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
My performance has remained the same.
The game is now unplayable for me after the update, dropping tons of frames, even in solo campaign.
ChrisDoom wrote:
Btb maps still feel like they have frame drops
Not to mention search times on BTB are ridiculously long.
Bout time this game received some more patches.
Thank god lol my friend deleted halo 5 for that reason im going to try and convince him to get it back.
Having really bad frame rate drops. I think this is due to the added 4k support, although it is still odd to me. I have a Day One Xbox One, so it's old could be why some players are having issues where others might not be. I don't put much faith in that statement however, as Forza 7 runs beautifully on my console. As I type this, I was looking at my character in the carnage report and I couldn't help but notice the weird graphic flares on the outside of my character. I think what is needed is an update to allow the 4k graphics pack to be disabled. That will likely fix issues for all players. Hoping you get this fixed soon, as two games drove my eyes really crazy while trying to play.
Ive just noticed a lot of frame rate drops in the arena playlists. Also the sound is dropping out when someone is shooting me giving me no idea when I'm being shot. Basically if the other team is shooting me I hear nothing. Its hard to be aware of anything like this. But anything I do I hear perfectly.. Seems this recent update has shook a few dust bunnies in the servers loose. Ive hard reset my xbox a few times and the issue is still there.
Colonel42 wrote:
I think what is needed is an update to allow the 4k graphics pack to be disabled. That will likely fix issues for all players.
Yeah, I think it's related to the 4K update. I'm worried that they won't be able to change whatever they did and we'll be stuck with this problem.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
Colonel42 wrote:
I think what is needed is an update to allow the 4k graphics pack to be disabled. That will likely fix issues for all players.
Yeah, I think it's related to the 4K update. I'm worried that they won't be able to change whatever they did and we'll be stuck with this problem.
LUKEPOWA, Are you experiencing frame rate drops? Its getting very difficult to even play this game now. Seems like the performance of this game has taken a hit as well.
LUKEPOWA, Are you experiencing frame rate drops? Its getting very difficult to even play this game now.
Yeah, on a lot of the Forge maps mainly in BTB since that's mostly what I play. I know there were issues with Forge maps previously, but it seems to be a lot worse now. I only played on Stasis so far for a normal Arena map, but I didn't experience lag on it.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
LUKEPOWA, Are you experiencing frame rate drops? Its getting very difficult to even play this game now.
Yeah, on a lot of the Forge maps mainly in BTB since that's mostly what I play. I know there were issues with Forge maps previously, but it seems to be a lot worse now. I only played on Stasis so far for a normal Arena map, but I didn't experience lag on it.
Yah this is unfortunate. Was going to play a few BTB games. Arena also seems a bit shaken. Not like BTB though. I hope this is something that can be corrected. :-/
I hope you keep looking for a server fix, because after the update u managed to increase the matchmaking time from a couple minutes to a couple dozen, not only in wz but in social and ranked arenas too.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3