Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Halo 5 is a great game, but a terrible Halo game.

OP Ahmaro

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 6
  4. 7
  5. 8
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. ...
  9. 15
Honestly it doesn't look like a halo game. It looks pretty fun but, it just looks too generic.

And to those people who say they played since halo CE or Halo 2 and say it feels like halo? With sprint and the slowed down gameplay? Idk whether I should trust you.

From my experience as a casual halo player who started at halo 3 found halo reach and 4 to be the worst Halos I played. And now I really can't seem to see good halo gamplay in Halo 5. What happened to the Golden triangle of gun, melee and grenades? Why does the game look so generic and non-halo to watch? Where's the punishments for overextending and giving away position? Why is it so easy to escape from a gunfight? So many players are sprinting and moving around now it slows the pace of the game even with fast kill times...

Wouldn't old school players be able to spot these? Especially since they have played since halo 3 or even the earlier games halo CE and halo 2?
DoorM4n wrote:
All those who started playing after Halo 3 will be able to cope with the differences in Halo 5. Those who played Halo 1 and Halo 2 are almost guaranteed to dislike Halo 5.
Been playing competitively since H2 had clan playlists son. And I love this damn beta
Here's a solution....play the damn master chief collection. Or better, fire up your 360 and play Halo 3 for all eternity. Damn we have a full damn year. You make it seem like this stuff is final and 343 wont tweak it. Im pretty sure they have this beta for a damn reason to prevent Halo 4 again. Also nothing out of that comment bothered me until I saw Crouch jumping. Its half -Yoinked!- animation movement like that in this day and age that makes me cringe. What? We are supposed to use glitched wall jumping forever? Is it bad that the master chief and other spartans cant use their damn hands to climb a wall? No, they are supposed to magically bounce many times in the air in the because magic. And please to GOD to not think thruster was from another game like Cod because Halo Reach had that before any COD lets get that out the way.
if it wasn't for the midship type map or the red and blue spartans, i wouldn't be able to tell if it was halo. This game will be just like halo 4. be cool at first but after 6 or 7 months the population will crumble and you will see on the $19.99 shelf.. 343 so far has been horrible to the halo series. 343 Needs To Go Back Home!!!!!!!!!!!!

This problem started with bungee though. 343 does not own all the blame, change should have been implemented in small increments back with reach, I tried to be positive and give it a chance because I find change interesting. But once we know there is a problem we have to go back and look at what worked, find what's been changed and then fix it. That has not been happening. They have been listening to the self proclamed "pros" and now the casual crowd dissipates in 6 months.
True, but what game has 343 made so far that had a cost of $30 a year later?
if it wasn't for the midship type map or the red and blue spartans, i wouldn't be able to tell if it was halo. This game will be just like halo 4. be cool at first but after 6 or 7 months the population will crumble and you will see on the $19.99 shelf.. 343 so far has been horrible to the halo series. 343 Needs To Go Back Home!!!!!!!!!!!!

This problem started with bungee though. 343 does not own all the blame, change should have been implemented in small increments back with reach, I tried to be positive and give it a chance because I find change interesting. But once we know there is a problem we have to go back and look at what worked, find what's been changed and then fix it. That has not been happening. They have been listening to the self proclamed "pros" and now the casual crowd dissipates in 6 months.

True, but what game has 343 made so far that had a cost of $30 a year later?
True
YEEBY HO wrote:
Here's a solution....play the damn master chief collection. Or better, fire up your 360 and play Halo 3 for all eternity. Damn we have a full damn year. You make it seem like this stuff is final and 343 wont tweak it. Im pretty sure they have this beta for a damn reason to prevent Halo 4 again. Also nothing out of that comment bothered me until I saw Crouch jumping. Its half -Yoinked!- animation movement like that in this day and age that makes me cringe. What? We are supposed to use glitched wall jumping forever?
We have to raise these complains as loud as we can. The beta now is our only chance of ever actually getting halo back on track. And when I mean halo getting back on track, I mean the core mechanics that made halo unique from other FPSs present in the gameplay. I can't just sit on my couch and play halo 3 everyday knowing all this is happening.
Nah, it's Halo. Love the Perfect medal and the Reversal medal so satisfying.
TinBore wrote:
Honestly it doesn't look like a halo game. It looks pretty fun but, it just looks too generic.

And to those people who say they played since halo CE or Halo 2 and say it feels like halo? With sprint and the slowed down gameplay? Idk whether I should trust you.

From my experience as a casual halo player who started at halo 3 found halo reach and 4 to be the worst Halos I played. And now I really can't seem to see good halo gamplay in Halo 5. What happened to the Golden triangle of gun, melee and grenades? Why does the game look so generic and non-halo to watch? Where's the punishments for overextending and giving away position? Why is it so easy to escape from a gunfight? So many players are sprinting and moving around now it slows the pace of the game even with fast kill times...

Wouldn't old school players be able to spot these? Especially since they have played since halo 3 or even the earlier games halo CE and halo 2?
Many of us "old school players" do see the problems. No one is listening though...
YEEBY HO wrote:
Here's a solution....play the damn master chief collection. Or better, fire up your 360 and play Halo 3 for all eternity. Damn we have a full damn year. You make it seem like this stuff is final and 343 wont tweak it. Im pretty sure they have this beta for a damn reason to prevent Halo 4 again. Also nothing out of that comment bothered me until I saw Crouch jumping. Its half -Yoinked!- animation movement like that in this day and everybody crack up nd age that makes me cringe. What? We are supposed to use glitched wall jumping forever?
thats the problem, we dont want to play halo 2 or 3 forever,we want a game that has halo written all over it. that feeling you get when all you need is one more kill and everybody is screaming over the mic, Sniper SNIPER!!!!! Just that Urge of Team Work that the older Halo had is just priceless. agree or disagree i dont really care. i like games that made you talk to people, compete with people that is your rank. thats just what the older halos done to me over the years and i miss it terribly bad.
Ahmaro wrote:
This game is another punch in the face to Halo fans. The only Halo aspects of the game I see are the fact that you play in an arena as a red or blue spartan and you get medals(tons of them). Like seriously? Yes they needed to add new things but those new things are unoriginal, useless and take out parts of the game that made Halo unique. I really feel like I'm playing a Halo skinned Call of Duty & Destiny. It takes absolutely nothing to kill someone, teamwork is only possible if you're with someone when a gun battle begins. Here's a list of thing that made people love Halo that I don't see in this game:

1. Strafe: Where's strafe? There's not, you don't even have to lead your shots and it's almost impossible to aim when you're getting shot. You can kill people so fast that a gun battle is now about who's the quickest.

2. Crouch Jump: No more crouch jump! But thank god we have those new abilities(sarcasm)! Now you have to climb and thrust everywhere to make a jump. Just like all the other franchises! So original!

3. Slow paced gameplay: Now, a game is like a real war, some people may like it, but it's with slow paced gameplay that people liked Halo. What I see is spartans jumping, thrusting, climbing, charging and sprinting everywhere. The first Halo was mainly about gun battles and now it's about who can move across the map with 100 ways to run away from somebody when you're getting shot.

4. Knowing the weapon's spawn time: Wow, now for the noobs who are too lazy to try to remember when the guns spawn, we have somebody to tell us! Not to mention those stupid voices, a new original idea! Sorry but adding those voices is so useless, I feel like I'm playing CoD. And now they tell you where everyone is and when the guns spawn.

5. Fluid movements/feeling weightless: Now everything is so fast, and I feel like I weigh 500 lbs. It's super powerful and the weapons feel super heavy. I don't understand why you make this kind of gameplay, people liked the old Halo style and for some reasons you bring other franchises' aspects in this game.

I could continue this list forever, but nah. I'm so disappointed, I see less Halo in this game than Halo 4. 343 added things that did not improve the game at all, it makes it look like all the other popular games. They took out things that were unique and added things that we see in every game now. People keep telling me to go play Halo 2 Anniversary if I'm not happy, is that the only solution you'll tell your fans? I hope not. I don't want the exact same game for 5 years, but I want a Halo game! The ranking systems and maps are awesome, and it's probably the only reason I'm playing it now. But please, millions of player liked Halo for a reason, show us that Halo is still the Halo we loved, and people will keep playing it forever. Halo 5 can be a real Halo, but now the new things is making it go in the wrong direction. I hate when kids tell me that it feels like Halo, they might be blind. If you tell me you didn't like slow paced gameplay, then you didn't like Halo and you have no rights to decide the future of it. Come on, i don't want another copy of Halo 3, but please make Halo 5 feels like a real Halo game!
i m with u man Medals i feel like i can die and still get a medal. Halo 3 7 yrs old game had better medals then halo 5
YEEBY HO wrote:
Here's a solution....play the damn master chief collection. Or better, fire up your 360 and play Halo 3 for all eternity. Damn we have a full damn year. You make it seem like this stuff is final and 343 wont tweak it. Im pretty sure they have this beta for a damn reason to prevent Halo 4 again. Also nothing out of that comment bothered me until I saw Crouch jumping. Its half -Yoinked!- animation movement like that in this day and everybody crack up nd age that makes me cringe. What? We are supposed to use glitched wall jumping forever?

thats the problem, we dont want to play halo 2 or 3 forever,we want a game that has halo written all over it. that feeling you get when the you need one kill and everybody is screaming over the mic, Sniper SNIPER!!!!! Just that Urge of Team Work that the older Halo had is just priceless. agree or disagree i dont really care. i like games that made you talk to people, compete with people that is your rank. thats just what the older halos done to me over the years and i miss it.
I thought halo3 was very good at the competitive match up. I remember many games of lone wolves being only 2 kills apart from first to last place. Fond memories for sure.
The game play is very good, it feels like halo for me again, unlike like halo 4 and halo 2 remastered that does not feel like halo

It plays so much better and I feel like I am in control of it more, it feels a bit more like halo 2 and 3 but not as good.

The problems are

1, kill cam

WHY JUST WHY? It is so annoying seeing how some one has killed you each time you die, it all so gives away your position on the map!!! If I get the sniper and find a good place to pick players off I do not want them seeing where I am!!!!! GET RID OF IT, this is halo not COD

2, Special abilities

WHY JUST WHY? There is no need for them on halo, there annoying and get in the way of the good game play, If you want them in the game, why not have them in the game where you can pick them up on the map like with guns, like the bubble shield in halo 3!!! If a player is better at using the special abilities then me, there going to beat me. The game is so much better with out them!!!!

3, Can not jump on platforms with out special abilities, daft really is

4, Telling players where the guns are

WHY JUST WHY? There is no need for it, what is the point as soon as the guns pop up every one just rushes to them when there told, I want the satisfaction of guarding the best guns and getting the gun when no one is around, I don't want every one rushing to it when it tells us it is back it spoils the game play so much.

5, Worried about the maps, they seem basic

6, Online match making is still slow like halo mmc

Stop aiming the game at kids and taking it away from how halo 2 and 3 was.

There the 6 main things wrong with this game, This game has so much potential if you sorted them things out, I been a halo player since number one.
Ahmaro wrote:
Ahmaro wrote:
i stopped reading at "where is strafe" when Halo 5 has thruster strafing.

Seriously? So thrusting 5 meters away with a 4 seconds cooldown is strafing for you? Oh god, do you even know what strafe is? Cause it's obviously not in H5.

Strafe is still in and is effective. People still have problems hitting a strafing opponent.

It's impossible to strafe because there's flinch.
Flinch is a bug. And besides, the old strafe tricks still work (it might be because of all of the nubs in the game). It's just less effective because of the AR being so powerful, which is why the AR needs a nerf.
We are live on halo beta 5 ! come watch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMHiSP6gVJ0
Ahmaro wrote:
This game is another punch in the face to Halo fans. The only Halo aspects of the game I see are the fact that you play in an arena as a red or blue spartan and you get medals(tons of them). Like seriously? Yes they needed to add new things but those new things are unoriginal, useless and take out parts of the game that made Halo unique. I really feel like I'm playing a Halo skinned Call of Duty & Destiny. It takes absolutely nothing to kill someone, teamwork is only possible if you're with someone when a gun battle begins. Here's a list of thing that made people love Halo that I don't see in this game:

1. Strafe: Where's strafe? There's not, you don't even have to lead your shots and it's almost impossible to aim when you're getting shot. You can kill people so fast that a gun battle is now about who's the quickest.

2. Crouch Jump: No more crouch jump! But thank god we have those new abilities(sarcasm)! Now you have to climb and thrust everywhere to make a jump. Just like all the other franchises! So original!

3. Slow paced gameplay: Now, a game is like a real war, some people may like it, but it's with slow paced gameplay that people liked Halo. What I see is spartans jumping, thrusting, climbing, charging and sprinting everywhere. The first Halo was mainly about gun battles and now it's about who can move across the map with 100 ways to run away from somebody when you're getting shot.

4. Knowing the weapon's spawn time: Wow, now for the noobs who are too lazy to try to remember when the guns spawn, we have somebody to tell us! Not to mention those stupid voices, a new original idea! Sorry but adding those voices is so useless, I feel like I'm playing CoD. And now they tell you where everyone is and when the guns spawn.

5. Fluid movements/feeling weightless: Now everything is so fast, and I feel like I weigh 500 lbs. It's super powerful and the weapons feel super heavy. I don't understand why you make this kind of gameplay, people liked the old Halo style and for some reasons you bring other franchises' aspects in this game.

I could continue this list forever, but nah. I'm so disappointed, I see less Halo in this game than Halo 4. 343 added things that did not improve the game at all, it makes it look like all the other popular games. They took out things that were unique and added things that we see in every game now. People keep telling me to go play Halo 2 Anniversary if I'm not happy, is that the only solution you'll tell your fans? I hope not. I don't want the exact same game for 5 years, but I want a Halo game! The ranking systems and maps are awesome, and it's probably the only reason I'm playing it now. But please, millions of player liked Halo for a reason, show us that Halo is still the Halo we loved, and people will keep playing it forever. Halo 5 can be a real Halo, but now the new things is making it go in the wrong direction. I hate when kids tell me that it feels like Halo, they might be blind. If you tell me you didn't like slow paced gameplay, then you didn't like Halo and you have no rights to decide the future of it. Come on, i don't want another copy of Halo 3, but please make Halo 5 feels like a real Halo game!

i m with u man Medals i feel like i can die and still get a medal. Halo 3 7 yrs old game had better medals then halo 5
No way. I am in love with the perfect and reversal medals. I do wish the art was done like the older medals. I don't care for the look of these or the Halo 4 medals but what they represent is great and rewarding. The kill medal is kind of redundant I'll give you that.
Why do you think the beta is year before the release of the actual game?
im sorry but, bring back bungie.. 343 is fking up halo
Wagnerok wrote:
I hate it when people say this.

A year is nothing. Have you ever played a beta of a game where the whole game changed in a span of 10 months? This game entire everything is based around these 5 points. It will not change at all. As of right now, you might as well consider everything in the beta to be final, except for weapon balance.
Wagnerok wrote:
look how long they had on halo 2 Mcc. yeah they couldn't even get that right. 343 could have 50 years to make a game and they would still mess it up.
Actually Halo 5 is a great Halo game! If a game is to continue being special, it needs to move forward and that is what this game is doing.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 6
  4. 7
  5. 8
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. ...
  9. 15