Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Halo 5 is a great game, but a terrible Halo game.

OP Ahmaro

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 7
  4. 8
  5. 9
  6. 10
  7. 11
  8. ...
  9. 15
So tell me *true fans* What in the HELL could make Halo 5 be more original than just being a damn carbon copy of Halo 3 WITH A DAMN NUMBER FIVE STUCK TO THE DAMN TITLE!!!! For those who assume otherwise, I started Halo since CE and started online with Halo 3 so I dont know what Halo 2 was like but I loved Halo 3 to death ( hated the crap out the BR yes I said it) but it had its flaws. Honestly it did, compared to Reach and 4 if anything those games got right over Halo 3 was the damn accuracy of the guns. Then along the line I noticed that the BR determined everything, Assault rifle and pistol were useless pieces of metal, smg didnt feel was helpful even with duel wield and the only thing I went for if it wasnt the BR was the carbine and sniper ( and other power weapons). I have no clue why people hated the DMR during the Reach days its like the human carbine which I love. I got tired of simple movement of Halo's style, I felt really damn slow in Halo 3 especially in Big team Slayer. If I was playing on Guardian even I felt somewhat slow. And finding gimmicky half -Yoink- movement like Ghandi hopping to reach a ledge was annoying enough. Strafing if anything I agree should have top priority over thrusters. That I believe out of all the abilities Halo could do without. Sprint is whatever. I could careless.

Doing tricks and exploits is fine and all but it gets so damn old now. But I ask people, sincerely and honestly, what could they add to Halo that is original. Because originality is much harder to show in this day in age of gaming. Back in 2004 it was hell of alot easier. Vehicle mounting and hijacking? Freaking genius. Duel wielding? Yep, another great idea not original but a nice flare. So again Im asking, cause taking away all the new things is what anyone at this point is thinking of. All will be left is just a Halo with next gen graphics, a new campaign and new guns....thats literally it.
I Agree with this. Halo 5 is in no doubt a fun game but for some reason i just don't get that awsome feeling I had when I played halos 1-3. I Feel like I did when I first played Titanfall. I was all over that game but after about a month I was done. I guess MCC will be the last Good Halo game...When it actually works
i think duel wield would be an awesome thing to bring back, and i also liked the personal loadouts in 4 but then at the same time i dont.... im alittle mixed feelings about this, i just kinda...just kinda wish there were loadouts, cause im going to miss the cloak, shield, and promo vision.

plus it feels more like a regular slayer kind of deal, most of the times, load outs are very helpful in big team battle, im mostly wondering hows that going to feel....
YEEBY HO wrote:

Doing tricks and exploits is fine and all but it gets so damn old now. But I ask people, sincerely and honestly, what could they add to Halo that is original. Because originality is much harder to show in this day in age of gaming. Back in 2004 it was hell of alot easier. Vehicle mounting and hijacking? Freaking genius. Duel wielding? Yep, another great idea not original but a nice flare. So again Im asking, cause taking away all the new things is what anyone at this point is thinking of. All will be left is just a Halo with next gen graphics, a new campaign and new guns....thats literally it.
People hated the Reach DMR because it had bloom and somehow killed even slower than the already ridiculously slow Halo 3 BR.

Anyways, I'd ask what has Halo 5 added that's new? Everything in Halo 5 has been done before. Everything in pretty much any modern title has been done before. Do people really believe Titanfall was the first FPS to implement wall-running? Who -Yoinking!- cares? Innovation is not a goal in itself, it's one of many tools to reach the true goal of making a quality game.

Halo 3 was practically just Halo 2 with new toys (in general, the mechanical specifics were different). Everyone loved it.

You don't need to re-invent the wheel over and over.

All that said there are things you could add to Halo that I'll list later.
YEEBY HO wrote:
So tell me *true fans* What in the HELL could make Halo 5 be more original than just being a damn carbon copy of Halo 3 WITH A DAMN NUMBER FIVE STUCK TO THE DAMN TITLE!!!!
Thats the thing. I think the majority doesnt want a new or original halo. Halo 2 to 3 was a very minor change and it rocked. Stayed on the top of the xbl charts for 3 years. Reach stayed up for 12 years before the 343 TU and halo 4... lol.
Ahmaro wrote:
i stopped reading at "where is strafe" when Halo 5 has thruster strafing.

Seriously? So thrusting 5 meters away with a 4 seconds cooldown is strafing for you? Oh god, do you even know what strafe is? Cause it's obviously not in H5.
Play halo 4 look at its release date. Now that you have look at everyother game that has strafing. So this is not halo how?

If your to lazy thruster packs, a lot of people used them to strafe in halo 4. This game came out before titanfall cod and destiny.
Ramir3z77 wrote:
YEEBY HO wrote:

Doing tricks and exploits is fine and all but it gets so damn old now. But I ask people, sincerely and honestly, what could they add to Halo that is original. Because originality is much harder to show in this day in age of gaming. Back in 2004 it was hell of alot easier. Vehicle mounting and hijacking? Freaking genius. Duel wielding? Yep, another great idea not original but a nice flare. So again Im asking, cause taking away all the new things is what anyone at this point is thinking of. All will be left is just a Halo with next gen graphics, a new campaign and new guns....thats literally it.

People hated the Reach DMR because it had bloom and somehow killed even slower than the already ridiculously slow Halo 3 BR.

Anyways, I'd ask what has Halo 5 added that's new? Everything in Halo 5 has been done before. Everything in pretty much any modern title has been done before. Do people really believe Titanfall was the first FPS to implement wall-running? Who -Yoinking!- cares? Innovation is not a goal in itself, it's one of many tools to reach the true goal of making a quality game.

Halo 3 was practically just Halo 2 with new toys (in terms of additions, mechanically it was quite different). Everyone loved it.

You don't need to re-invent the wheel over and over.

All that said there are things you could add to Halo that I'll list later.
Ramir3z77 wrote:
YEEBY HO wrote:

Doing tricks and exploits is fine and all but it gets so damn old now. But I ask people, sincerely and honestly, what could they add to Halo that is original. Because originality is much harder to show in this day in age of gaming. Back in 2004 it was hell of alot easier. Vehicle mounting and hijacking? Freaking genius. Duel wielding? Yep, another great idea not original but a nice flare. So again Im asking, cause taking away all the new things is what anyone at this point is thinking of. All will be left is just a Halo with next gen graphics, a new campaign and new guns....thats literally it.

People hated the Reach DMR because it had bloom and somehow killed even slower than the already ridiculously slow Halo 3 BR.

Anyways, I'd ask what has Halo 5 added that's new? Everything in Halo 5 has been done before. Everything in pretty much any modern title has been done before. Do people really believe Titanfall was the first FPS to implement wall-running? Who -Yoinking!- cares? Innovation is not a goal in itself, it's one of many tools to reach the true goal of making a quality game.

Halo 3 was practically just Halo 2 with new toys (in terms of additions, mechanically it was quite different). Everyone loved it.

You don't need to re-invent the wheel over and over.

All that said there are things you could add to Halo that I'll list later.
So tell me, say the stuff that happened in Reach and 4 didnt happen. So new weapons and such is enough right? Hm ok....Ok cool because that idea only sounds like the REAL Cod route if you ask me. New graphics few new guns, new title....... Halo 3 just had new guns and maybe a feel mechanics like breaking off turrets ( Forgetting Forge and Theater). If it really wasnt for Forge and Theater than content wise Halo 3 would not have provided much besides new guns that worked differently and other things like Bubble shield.
Ahmaro wrote:
This game is another punch in the face to Halo fans. The only Halo aspects of the game I see are the fact that you play in an arena as a red or blue spartan and you get medals(tons of them). Like seriously? Yes they needed to add new things but those new things are unoriginal, useless and take out parts of the game that made Halo unique. I really feel like I'm playing a Halo skinned Call of Duty & Destiny. It takes absolutely nothing to kill someone, teamwork is only possible if you're with someone when a gun battle begins. Here's a list of thing that made people love Halo that I don't see in this game:

1. Strafe: Where's strafe? There's not, you don't even have to lead your shots and it's almost impossible to aim when you're getting shot. You can kill people so fast that a gun battle is now about who's the quickest.

2. Crouch Jump: No more crouch jump! But thank god we have those new abilities(sarcasm)! Now you have to climb and thrust everywhere to make a jump. Just like all the other franchises! So original!

3. Slow paced gameplay: Now, a game is like a real war, some people may like it, but it's with slow paced gameplay that people liked Halo. What I see is spartans jumping, thrusting, climbing, charging and sprinting everywhere. The first Halo was mainly about gun battles and now it's about who can move across the map with 100 ways to run away from somebody when you're getting shot.

4. Knowing the weapon's spawn time: Wow, now for the noobs who are too lazy to try to remember when the guns spawn, we have somebody to tell us! Not to mention those stupid voices, a new original idea! Sorry but adding those voices is so useless, I feel like I'm playing CoD. And now they tell you where everyone is and when the guns spawn.

5. Fluid movements/feeling weightless: Now everything is so fast, and I feel like I weigh 500 lbs. It's super powerful and the weapons feel super heavy. I don't understand why you make this kind of gameplay, people liked the old Halo style and for some reasons you bring other franchises' aspects in this game.

I could continue this list forever, but nah. I'm so disappointed, I see less Halo in this game than Halo 4. 343 added things that did not improve the game at all, it makes it look like all the other popular games. They took out things that were unique and added things that we see in every game now. People keep telling me to go play Halo 2 Anniversary if I'm not happy, is that the only solution you'll tell your fans? I hope not. I don't want the exact same game for 5 years, but I want a Halo game! The ranking systems and maps are awesome, and it's probably the only reason I'm playing it now. But please, millions of player liked Halo for a reason, show us that Halo is still the Halo we loved, and people will keep playing it forever. Halo 5 can be a real Halo, but now the new things is making it go in the wrong direction. I hate when kids tell me that it feels like Halo, they might be blind. If you tell me you didn't like slow paced gameplay, then you didn't like Halo and you have no rights to decide the future of it. Come on, i don't want another copy of Halo 3, but please make Halo 5 feels like a real Halo game!
Halo had to evolve. Halo was nearly a dead franchise. If you want the same old game play, just play the Master Chief Collection and be happy that the old games are able to be played again. Halo has to make big changes to steal FPS game play back from COD and BF4. I think this game is a blast. I can't wait for the full version to come out.
Ahmaro wrote:
I love it when recruits pop out of the wood works and try to tell everyone what Halo is and how we aren't fans.


This ^^^^


Sorry if I don't post topics everyday of my life.

Sorry for having to point out that the only Halo games you've invested time into are Halo Reach and Halo 4. You want to tell people what a Halo game feels like? Try playing a Halo game first.
I played all the Halo games, maybe not in the good order, but I know enough to understand what a real Halo game is.
I find it hilarious that people keep whining over what Halo "should" be.

But dont you find it weird that even Bungie abandoned the Halo formula long ago?

I'd say that they have a better idea of what is better for the longevity of a franchise. Clearly, sticking with the old formula isnt going to help.

Actually, had they not changed it, we'd probably left Halo a long time ago and seen it as a relic lost with the times.

Sorry, but insisting that Halo stay the same will ultimately kill it.
how do you know that it'll die? last time they made big unoriginal changes(Halo 4), it killed Halo.
halo 1, 2, and 3 were not clones of eachother? very different games that were able to stick to core mechanics of the franchise.
I couldn't disagree more everything thats been said against halo 5 is just wrong, i hate to sound like a jerk but you are struggling because you are bad, not the game.

Halo 2, 3, 4, reach, odst weren't halo games by your logic (which i agree with, they aren't). Halo 1 & 5 are the only two that actually stick to the formula.

I want to know the KDA of these kids trashing halo 5.

"Its too fast, you kill too quick" I guess you are all trash at halo 1 then? But that game doesn't appeal to a younger audience does it? Double standard much?

I bet the same people complaining are the same egotistical teammates i get that just run around solo trying to pubstar it up getting dumped on.
I have a 2,1 kd and a 9,8 kda. 75% ratio after 72 games and I only play by myself. Tell me how bad I am, your argument sucks.
halo 1, 2, and 3 were not clones of eachother? very different games that were able to stick to core mechanics of the franchise.
Get the hell out of here with that crap. Halo 2 and 3 did not have a huge difference at all. New guns, and equipment OH and ripping off turrets. Big freaking whoop
Quote:
So tell me, say the stuff that happened in Reach and 4 didnt happen. So new weapons and such is enough right? Hm ok....Ok cool because that idea only sounds like the REAL Cod route if you ask me. New graphics few new guns, new title....... Halo 3 just had new guns and maybe a feel mechanics like breaking off turrets ( Forgetting Forge and Theater). If it really wasnt for Forge and Theater than content wise Halo 3 would not have provided much besides new guns that worked differently and other things like Bubble shield.
It's not just CoD, it's franchises in general. I'll just list some examples off the top of my head. New Super Mario Bros...still plays like Super Mario Bros. Battlefield 3 and Battlefield 4 differ very little except for Boats and Levolution. The new Smash Bros shares the same basic mechanics as the older ones. Mario Kart adopts new toys and tracks but it's still Mario Kart. There's a long list of franchises that, rather than rock the boat, simply improve on what they already have.

What I don't get is why people pretend CoD is the only franchise that does it, or that it's somehow unusual for a game to keep the same formula over time.
Ramir3z77 wrote:
Quote:
So tell me, say the stuff that happened in Reach and 4 didnt happen. So new weapons and such is enough right? Hm ok....Ok cool because that idea only sounds like the REAL Cod route if you ask me. New graphics few new guns, new title....... Halo 3 just had new guns and maybe a feel mechanics like breaking off turrets ( Forgetting Forge and Theater). If it really wasnt for Forge and Theater than content wise Halo 3 would not have provided much besides new guns that worked differently and other things like Bubble shield.

It's not just CoD, it's franchises in general. I'll just list some examples off the top of my head. New Super Mario Bros...still plays like Super Mario Bros. Battlefield 3 and Battlefield 4 differ very little except for Boats and Levolution. The new Smash Bros shares the same basic mechanics as the older ones. Mario Kart adopts new toys and tracks but it's still Mario Kart. There's a long list of franchises that, rather than rock the boat, simply improve on what they already have.

What I don't get is why people pretend CoD is the only franchise that does it, or that it's somehow unusual for a game to keep the same formula over time.
Because thats what the Halo community keeps crying about. Halo becoming COD. Like after Halo 3 I learned how biased it is compared to when I was actually proud to be a part of it. With this mind set its a run around circle. Not wanting new things but always claiming Halo is "always evolving and never the same each game" has been the mindset. Ill just wait till next year and see what 343 does. Depending on that, I really dont care anymore because Halo is the only Xbox game I would play. Other than that I will just stick to Nintendo and Playstation.
YEEBY HO wrote:
halo 1, 2, and 3 were not clones of eachother? very different games that were able to stick to core mechanics of the franchise.

Get the hell out of here with that crap. Halo 2 and 3 did not have a huge difference at all. New guns, and equipment OH and ripping off turrets. Big freaking whoop
But guess what, people still loved it and kept playing it for years!
Ahmaro wrote:
YEEBY HO wrote:
halo 1, 2, and 3 were not clones of eachother? very different games that were able to stick to core mechanics of the franchise.


Get the hell out of here with that crap. Halo 2 and 3 did not have a huge difference at all. New guns, and equipment OH and ripping off turrets. Big freaking whoop

But guess what, people still loved it and kept playing it for years!
Not even that, Halo was BIGGER for whatever reason then. Microsoft pushed it harder and further, I guess. It was EVERYWHERE. Master Chief was just... an Icon.
Sorry I won't be able to answer everybody. But to anybody telling me to go play MCC, please stop... God damn I don't want to play another copy of Halo 2, but I want to play Halo! Is it that hard? Slow down the pace, take out ALL the abilities and nerf some weapons and Halo 5 will be way better! And it'll be different from other Halos, but it'll be unique!
Ahmaro wrote:
I don't want to play another copy of Halo 2, but I want to play Halo! Is it that hard?
This is another key thing I feel is being missed.

"GO PLAY MCC"

Maybe I don't want to play Halo with the same exact maps and weapons I've played with for the past ten years. To this day I still play Halo 3 on the 360, yet playing ONLY the Pit or Valhalla while no one ever votes for any other map gets old. Maybe I want new maps, new guns, new vehicles, new gametypes, and new yet faithful mechanics to renew my interest in the game? Or hell, maybe not everyone that wants a classic Halo even agrees on what they want?

Just because someone wants a more classic Halo doesn't mean they want a carbon copy of ___ title. To put a wide variety of people into a single category then essentially tell them to -Yoink- off is not conducive to constructive discussion. "LAWL U JUST WUN HALO 2", -Yoink- I never even got to play Halo 2 online to begin with.

There's several ideas I've seen, and several ideas from Halo Custom Edition I've actually played, that would go great in a new Halo title.
Ahmaro wrote:
Sorry I won't be able to answer everybody. But to anybody telling me to go play MCC, I would be deeply appreciative if you would refrain from speaking.. God damn I don't want to play another copy of Halo 2, but I want to play Halo! Is it that hard? Slow down the pace, take out ALL the abilities and nerf some weapons and Halo 5 will be way better! And it'll be different from other Halos, but it'll be unique!
Hold up now... Clamber is the -Yoink-... So is thrusting.. Spartan Charge, however, can go -Yoink- itself.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 7
  4. 8
  5. 9
  6. 10
  7. 11
  8. ...
  9. 15