Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Halo 5 is a really good game

OP KLASHINOV

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I feel like the majority of the negativity is due to personal preference of people. This causes them to cloud their opinions by using subjective viewpoints and presenting them as indisputable facts rather than stating objective realities. Not saying the objective realities overshadow the bad, but it won't make their subjective viewpoint good either.

I love the multiplayer. Absolutely love it. Crispy servers = the most fun in a modern game that I have played. Unfortunately, low population lowers the connection quality with the other players right now.

I played the campaign several times and am currently achievement hunting to finish off the last 7 or 8 achievements, but the story and narration felt like it was incomplete. I went on a binge and listened to about 10 of the Halo books on Audible and even though you can't compare a book to a game, really, (at least as far as details go) the game really felt like a few paragraphs from each chapter thrown into long missions. Maybe that's because we're spoiled with lore now as opposed to the original trilogy? Honestly, those games themselves didn't have much story to them that you also didn't have to extrapolate or find terminals to explain. And Halo 5, rather than being very dialogue heavy, was more-so "experience the battle rather than tell it" heavy and I think it may have been too far far that way.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2