Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Halo 5 is boring.

OP Graham N Cody

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 11
  4. 12
  5. 13
  6. 14
  7. 15
  8. ...
  9. 16
Yeah lets purposely avoid mechanics "JUST BECAUSE" they are in other games. Some of the best mechanics in video games have been already done mechanics that were interpreted and implemented the "RIGHT" way after their first debut in a previous game. And I personally feel Halo has nailed all of these mechanics and made them much more fluent and stylish than any other game with them. Fyi throwing grenades was done before halo, does that mean that halo was doing what was the "standard", and what was "expected" by putting it in halo? No, they took a popular FPS mechanic and implemented it right, and it resulted in the best nade bouncing ever. Why can't the same be done with the more minor mechanics?

Im not saying avoid mechanics. Im saying the main focus of the game shouldn't be adapting mechanics from other games. I find that to be incredibly boring. I can't think of anything in h5 that I would consider even remotely new or exciting.

I also don't think these type of mechanics will ever fit into Halo as well as they do in other games. Mainly because of Halo's long kill times. But that's another topic.
I don't think that 'adapting mechanics' is the main focus of the game at all. We know very little about the game so far. The reason I think Spartan Abilities have been featured so heavily thus far is because they have been so contentious in the past few games and so I think 343 is trying to be open and get feedback to a certain extent about this area specifically, as well as others.
themanss22 wrote:
themanss22 wrote:
Astronut7 wrote:
I had a ton of fun playing the beta.


Alright people. Joke's over.

The OP asked you all HOW you can possibly not be sick of the same yoink across so many video games. Whether you enjoyed the Beta or not is irrelevant.

The correct answer to the OP's question is to say that you haven't played enough games yet, so it's likely the case that you haven't noticed the similar trends yet, and thus, you don't get bored of those trends.


It there opinion dude, have you ever thought of that. -_-


I mean, its the same opinion everyone else has so by proxy, its not their opinion...


So if someone like the game in there opinion, it not his/her opinion because it the same. You sir are a dumb-yoink-. So what if they like it, it not big deal.

*shrugs* don't care, its the same crap, Halo is changing for the better in my opinion and no one has come up with anything to prove that it isn't gonna get better.
Its always the same opinion over and over again, but no one has brought to the table as to WHY its gonna be boring/ruined/etc
Then don't buy the game for cry out loud, it not that hard. Let people have there opinion of what they want or what they don't want just because you think it not good, doesn't mean you have the right tell people what they can or can't buy. I hated when people like you tell other player what they can or can't buy just because you don't like it.
themanss22 wrote:
themanss22 wrote:
themanss22 wrote:
Astronut7 wrote:
I had a ton of fun playing the beta.


Alright people. Joke's over.

The OP asked you all HOW you can possibly not be sick of the same yoink across so many video games. Whether you enjoyed the Beta or not is irrelevant.

The correct answer to the OP's question is to say that you haven't played enough games yet, so it's likely the case that you haven't noticed the similar trends yet, and thus, you don't get bored of those trends.


It there opinion dude, have you ever thought of that. -_-


I mean, its the same opinion everyone else has so by proxy, its not their opinion...


So if someone like the game in there opinion, it not his/her opinion because it the same. You sir are a dumb-yoink-. So what if they like it, it not big deal.


*shrugs* don't care, its the same crap, Halo is changing for the better in my opinion and no one has come up with anything to prove that it isn't gonna get better.
Its always the same opinion over and over again, but no one has brought to the table as to WHY its gonna be boring/ruined/etc

Then don't buy the game for cry out loud, it not that hard. Let people have there opinion of what they want or what they don't want just because you think it not good, doesn't mean you have the right tell people what they can or can't buy. I hated when people like you tell other player what they can or can't buy just because you don't like it.
They are saying they like H5......
Well, now 343i is scared to try any "new" things since all the new things introduced in H4 was criticized by alot of people. So they decided to use other mechanics from other games instead of experimenting. I mean, people were mad because H4 experimented with sprint, so now 343i doesn't want to lose anymore players, and alot of the Halo vets are leaving due to 343i "changing Halo too much", so now they are having to find people from other communities (Battlefield, COD) to keep up Halo's population.

I'm in it for campaign, but I won't get bored of H5 MP too quickly either.
Listen up. The OP asked HOW you can possibly enjoy the same type of gameplay in video games over and over again.

Responding to the question with love or hatred towards Halo 5 doesn't actually answer what the OP asked.

Moving on. The OP feels that Halo 5 is too similar to other games. That is his opinion. Now, aside from being Halo, tell me one thing that Halo has that no other game series has or, to make it clearer, had previously. Remember, you're comparing Halo 5 to Quake 3 Arena in terms of style of gameplay, and Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare in terms of the Thruster Pack. Halo 5's gameplay is not particularly new in the first place. In terms of visuals, personally when I loaded up the menu screen I thought I was playing Mass Effect 3.

Quote:
It there opinion dude, have you ever thought of that. -
Quote:
Are you for real? There is no correct answer because everyone has an opinion and that means not everyone will have the same answer,
Responding to my previous post with stuff like this, unfortunately shows a clear lack of comprehension of both the OP's question and my own arguments. I am fully aware that people have their own opinions. I am also fully aware when their opinion doesn't answer the question. Good grief, you must be sick of seeing this on any exam you have ever taken in your life: read the question carefully. When someone tries to do you the favour of pointing out that you're reading the question incorrectly, don't bite their finger.

You will find that there are multiple correct answers to a question phrased in English. You will also find, that you can still fail an English exam because there are far more ways of answering that question incorrectly.
Soulburnin wrote:
"How are you not bored of this stuff?"
How are you not bored with the same formula of Halo 1 - 3?
This is more like it. Well, the answer is, for me personally, is that I did get bored of Halo 1 - 3. Many times. My attention span doesn't last more than a few hours, after all. However, I always returned to the Halo series because of its sandbox gameplay and its story. Depending on how inventive you are, there's always more stuff to do. Most video game series don't have sandbox gameplay, so they're sunk.

Considering that with RPGs like Skyrim I can sink hundreds of hours into the game, and the entire Halo series up to this point can probably be done in 40-50 hours, plus Firefight, plus Forge, plus Theater, plus Custom games, plus multiplayer matchmaking, plus co-op, plus LAN...

But no, I really don't sink a lot of hours into online multiplayer, because it does get repetitive. It does get boring. In matchmaking there's no funny Grunt dialogue "He's a demon! Run away!" There's no music. There's no compelling reason for me to fight--and many of my friends won't play Halo 1-3, because they won't play old games.

But, yeah. Over a couple of years, I probably still didn't sink as much time into all of Halo's titles combined as I sank into Skyrim over a couple of months. That game was freakishly addictive. On the other hand, once I stopped playing Skyrim, I never went back to it. With Halo I did.
Baron Kit wrote:
themanss22 wrote:
themanss22 wrote:
themanss22 wrote:
Astronut7 wrote:
I had a ton of fun playing the beta.


Alright people. Joke's over.

The OP asked you all HOW you can possibly not be sick of the same yoink across so many video games. Whether you enjoyed the Beta or not is irrelevant.

The correct answer to the OP's question is to say that you haven't played enough games yet, so it's likely the case that you haven't noticed the similar trends yet, and thus, you don't get bored of those trends.


It there opinion dude, have you ever thought of that. -_-


I mean, its the same opinion everyone else has so by proxy, its not their opinion...


So if someone like the game in there opinion, it not his/her opinion because it the same. You sir are a dumb-yoink-. So what if they like it, it not big deal.


*shrugs* don't care, its the same crap, Halo is changing for the better in my opinion and no one has come up with anything to prove that it isn't gonna get better.
Its always the same opinion over and over again, but no one has brought to the table as to WHY its gonna be boring/ruined/etc


Then don't buy the game for cry out loud, it not that hard. Let people have there opinion of what they want or what they don't want just because you think it not good, doesn't mean you have the right tell people what they can or can't buy. I hated when people like you tell other player what they can or can't buy just because you don't like it.

They are saying they like H5......
That was my fault, I didn't see that, I'm sorry I was being hostile.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Astronut7 wrote:
Listen up. The OP asked HOW you can possibly enjoy the same type of gameplay in video games over and over again.

Responding to the question with love or hatred towards Halo 5 doesn't actually answer what the OP asked.

Moving on. The OP feels that Halo 5 is too similar to other games. That is his opinion. Now, aside from being Halo, tell me one thing that Halo has that no other game series has or, to make it clearer, had previously. Remember, you're comparing Halo 5 to Quake 3 Arena in terms of style of gameplay, and Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare in terms of the Thruster Pack. Halo 5's gameplay is not particularly new in the first place. In terms of visuals, personally when I loaded up the menu screen I thought I was playing Mass Effect 3.

Quote:
It there opinion dude, have you ever thought of that. -

Quote:
Are you for real? There is no correct answer because everyone has an opinion and that means not everyone will have the same answer,

Responding to my previous post with stuff like this, unfortunately shows a clear lack of comprehension of both the OP's question and my own arguments. I am fully aware that people have their own opinions. I am also fully aware when their opinion doesn't answer the question. Good grief, you must be sick of seeing this on any exam you have ever taken in your life: read the question carefully. When someone tries to do you the favour of pointing out that you're reading the question incorrectly, don't bite their finger.

You will find that there are multiple correct answers to a question phrased in English. You will also find, that you can still fail an English exam because there are far more ways of answering that question incorrectly.
It is simple, like I said why would anyone comply and explain or even post rational things when the OP is biased and rude.
LyleThe2nd wrote:
LyleThe2nd wrote:
LyleThe2nd wrote:
LyleThe2nd wrote:

That being said, you don't honestly expect an existing franchise to redefine a genre, do you?


COD4 did.


Problem is, prior to COD4, nobody cared about Call of Duty. It didn't have a core fanbase remotely close to the same size or passion as Halo does. You deviate from Halo the way that COD4 did from COD, and there would be rioting in the streets.


Nobody cared about Call of Duty before COD4? You can't be serious. Sure, obviously it was not anywhere near the behemoth it is now, but it was still a huge franchise.

I also don't really get your point because Halo is already seriously deviating from it's roots with the changes to Reach, H4 and H5.


In comparison to Halo, yes, nobody cared about Call of Duty. It was akin to the Ghost Recon series. It had a following, but nothing near what Halo did at the time or even does now. Furthermore, every entry in the series prior to that point was different from the last. It was a series that welcomed change with every iteration and new game. That is not the case with Halo. People are besides themselves just for the introduction of sprint alone. The devs are constantly being crucified and criticized for every single thing, and there is no pleasing this community. You honestly can't believe Halo to do for itself what COD4 did for COD. It's foolish and the majority of the community would not stand for it. The best that you can hope for in terms of the change that you are hoping to happen is a spinoff Halo game that explores different possibilities. There is way too much riding on Halo 5 for Microsoft to go experimenting with their biggest franchise.


So Halo's popularity is the arbitrary line you've made up where everything below it is totally fair game to alter and everything above it is not?

Hmm. Ok.

Anyways. Im not saying the changes the make have to be drastic. They can be big, small, medium.

IMO, Reach, H4 and H5 changed the game just as much as COD4 did.

Then what are you crying about? Because there are just as many changes in Halo 5 as there were in 4 and Reach. Your entire post is a contradiction of everything you have ever said.
Because they made changes, but those changes made the game generic and boring as they made the game very similar to numerous other games.
MAXHALO369 wrote:
Yeah lets purposely avoid mechanics "JUST BECAUSE" they are in other games. Some of the best mechanics in video games have been already done mechanics that were interpreted and implemented the "RIGHT" way after their first debut in a previous game. And I personally feel Halo has nailed all of these mechanics and made them much more fluent and stylish than any other game with them. Fyi throwing grenades was done before halo, does that mean that halo was doing what was the "standard", and what was "expected" by putting it in halo? No, they took a popular FPS mechanic and implemented it right, and it resulted in the best nade bouncing ever. Why can't the same be done with the more minor mechanics?


Im not saying avoid mechanics. Im saying the main focus of the game shouldn't be adapting mechanics from other games. I find that to be incredibly boring. I can't think of anything in h5 that I would consider even remotely new or exciting.

I also don't think these type of mechanics will ever fit into Halo as well as they do in other games. Mainly because of Halo's long kill times. But that's another topic.


The main focus isn't just adapting mechanics though. The main focus is making a Next Gen Halo game that can innovate multiplayer while keeping the classic halo feel intact. You don't innovate and revolutionize by making the same game with better graphics over and over again. Really what they've done is put a huge emphasis on movement.



Yes, but my big gripe comes from the fact that Halo coincidentally decided to "put a huge emphasis on movement" at the exact same time COD, BF and new franchises like Titanfall and Destiny are as well. When you're adding things that are the exact same and at the exact same time as everyone else, it's rather uninspiring. Especially when you're the last one to do it.

Halo Reach did it, then Halo 4 refined it (not very well in many peoples eyes) and Halo 5 has just about nailed it. So no they aren't the last to do they are one of the first other games just went the same way.
Halo Reach didn't have much of an emphasis on movement. It was slower than molasses in january.
MAXHALO369 wrote:
MAXHALO369 wrote:
Nice troll post. Let's see, even starts, map control, a focus on teamwork and most importantly for me, the story. You call Halo5 boring but the fact that nothing has been shown of the campaign kills your point before it can even be made. As for the points you make they are just silly, how can sprint be boring or clamber or slide? They are ways to move around they aren't meant to impress. Personally I see them as features on every fps but it doesn't make them generic, that would be like saying every fps that came after Halo where Right Trigger was to shoot Y was to switch weapon and X was to reload are generic because we see them in every shooter since Halo. If something works then use it. What is with people these days that seem to think Billion dollar super soldiers should just walk into a gunfight and shoot until they win or die? Pretty sure being able to rapidly get in and out of combat is a feature just about every person should want.


Yes. Everything you disagree with is a troll post.

I love how you dodged everything I brought up there, you also assume that everything I disagree with is a troll post which couldn't be further from the truth, it would seem you often assume things without all the facts much like how you assume Halo5 will be boring in spite of the fact that millions found it fresh and new.
I didn't dodge anything. I didn't read past the first sentence. First impressions are everything.
Meanwhile in OPs profile...
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/players/graham%20n%20cody

90 Halo Gamerscore and no Halo 5 badge...
I think that this is a bias opinion based on videos from the Internet.

On mobile cant post a proper link, sorry

Wow I always figured this guy was just an old diehard who needed to be put out to pasture along with the other "BACK IN MY DAY, WE WALKED--NOT SPRINTED--WALKED 15 MILES ACROSS BLOOD GULCH" people, but he only started with Halo 3? Then Reach, which was apparently acceptable despite Armor Abilities, then decided Halo 4 wasn't worth playing... for whatever reason.

So it's safe to assume that all he wants is a reskinned Halo 3 then, and anything that deviates from that formula that has existed in other games makes Halo 5 "boring."

Interesting stuff.
facepalm
Quote:
It is simple, like I said why would anyone comply and explain or even post rational things when the OP is biased and rude.

Of course the OP is biased. That's his job as the OP--to state a biased opinion and back up that opinion. As to being rude? Where? Where does the OP insult you personally? Politicians, businesses, lawyers, and the collective intelligence of any group of humanity--like the Waypoint community--are fair game. In actual fact, the OP didn't even insult a specific group of people, let alone an individual.

Asking if you want more of the same formula is NOT insulting those who actually want the same formula. Asking how you can possibly not be tired of the same formula is, once again, NOT insulting those who want the same formula. If you happen to be someone who doesn't want the same formula, then the OP does NOT apply to you.

It's like me asking someone how they can possibly not enjoy chocolate. I don't really understand how someone could not enjoy chocolate, but asking the question is by no means an insult.

*scratches head* The trouble is that this is a text-based forum. We don't have tone of voice or body language to pick up on the nuances of what someone meant. Rather than stating unequivocally that someone insulted you, how about asking whether or not the insult was intended first? I typically cut straight to the point and show people how what they have said could be construed as an insult, then ask them to edit their posts if it was unintentional.

Unfortunately, some people think I'm a total yoink for doing that, when I'm really just trying to help prevent further misunderstandings, so it's your call.
Fishztikz wrote:
Well, now 343i is scared to try any "new" things since all the new things introduced in H4 was criticized by alot of people. So they decided to use other mechanics from other games instead of experimenting. I mean, people were mad because H4 experimented with sprint, so now 343i doesn't want to lose anymore players, and alot of the Halo vets are leaving due to 343i "changing Halo too much", so now they are having to find people from other communities (Battlefield, COD) to keep up Halo's population.

I'm in it for campaign, but I won't get bored of H5 MP too quickly either.
They didn't introduce anything new to H4. They took old ideas from other franchises and haphazardly jammed them into Halo with disastrous results.
Soulburnin wrote:
"How are you not bored of this stuff?"

How are you not bored with the same formula of Halo 1 - 3?
What do those two questions have to do with each other? I literally didn't mention HCE, H2 or H3 at all during my OP.
Quote:
Meanwhile in OPs profile...
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/players/graham%20n%20cody90 Halo Gamerscore and no Halo 5 badge...
I think that this is a bias opinion based on videos from the Internet. On mobile cant post a proper link, sorry
Stat-flaming is in violation of the Halo Waypoint forum rules. Please edit your post.

You have no idea whether or not Graham N Cody has another Xbox Live account. You also have no idea whether or not Graham N Cody prefers to spend time with friends playing LAN. You also cannot used "biased opinion based on videos" as an excuse, because that would mean that Graham N Cody has been doing research and has been looking at opinions other than his own. If someone has been doing research, I would be more inclined to believe their argument, not less.
I agree with the OP. I've played all the halo games and I think i knew what made halo 1-3 good, at least personally for me. halo 5 strayed too far away from what made halo fun for me, and lost its character of a halo game by doing so. I quit the beta the second week and didn't even bring myself to play pegasus because I was so bored of h5.
Astronut7 wrote:
Quote:
It is simple, like I said why would anyone comply and explain or even post rational things when the OP is biased and rude.


Of course the OP is biased. That's his job as the OP--to state a biased opinion and back up that opinion. As to being rude? Where? Where does the OP insult you personally? Politicians, businesses, lawyers, and the collective intelligence of any group of humanity--like the Waypoint community--are fair game. In actual fact, the OP didn't even insult a specific group of people, let alone an individual.

Asking if you want more of the same formula is NOT insulting those who actually want the same formula. Asking how you can possibly not be tired of the same formula is, once again, NOT insulting those who want the same formula. If you happen to be someone who doesn't want the same formula, then the OP does NOT apply to you.

It's like me asking someone how they can possibly not enjoy chocolate. I don't really understand how someone could not enjoy chocolate, but asking the question is by no means an insult.

*scratches head* The trouble is that this is a text-based forum. We don't have tone of voice or body language to pick up on the nuances of what someone meant. Rather than stating unequivocally that someone insulted you, how about asking whether or not the insult was intended first? I typically cut straight to the point and show people how what they have said could be construed as an insult, then ask them to edit their posts if it was unintentional.

Unfortunately, some people think I'm a total yoink for doing that, when I'm really just trying to help prevent further misunderstandings, so it's your call.
Lol....don't start a debate if you're closed off to others opinions.

That is what the OP is doing.

I'm done here TBH, if you can't see it *Kit shrugs* I don't mind.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 11
  4. 12
  5. 13
  6. 14
  7. 15
  8. ...
  9. 16