Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Halo 5 is breaking me :(

OP A Sword Elite

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Can somebody please tell me why kids are betraying me just for the bomb, flag, or certain weapons. Please. I love BTB and I like to play it with the new gamemodes added, but I can't enjoy it when players keep betraying me. First I get betrayed for the flag and we ended up losing because of that, and now I get betrayed for the bomb and that caused the enemy team to get two points leading to a sudden death timer. These stupid kids betray me and then they teabag the ground acting like it was an accident when it obviously wasn't. I am begging you 343I, please disable betraying or let me boot players for the first time betraying because they only do it once just to troll me and it's really sad that my team cannot progress with these losers betraying us for bad reasons. These players are bad sports and since when has reporting them ever worked? So please, if you work at 343I, please bring this betraying issue up in your next meeting or when ever. Please.

Also, if you are a troll, and/or you betray people for stupid reasons, you know who you are. Please realize that you are only making things worse. Players do not deserve to be set back for no reason. All we want to do is play and enjoy the game. You are only being part of the problem's that 343I is already trying to deal with. Please do not betray people. If you happen to betray someone on accident, AND IT'S TRUTHFUL, then good players will know if it was an accident and they will not boot you. Once again, please do not betray people for stupid reasons and help make matchmaking a better place to play.
It does seem kind of dumb. Especially in gametypes like grifball where betraying is difficult to avoid when you have four players smashing hammers down. They should just make it impossible. You can't betray in swat so why not make it impossible for all other playlists.
My guess is just bad luck with your match making. I was playing btb and never got betrayed once. Just report and block them and move on. It's online gaming you are going to come across yoinks from time to time and not much can be done about it.
I never get a bad gaming experience. Just report the players. Hopefully by doing so it will reduce these types of players who are of annoyance to people who actually want to play the game.
It does seem kind of dumb. Especially in gametypes like grifball where betraying is difficult to avoid when you have four players smashing hammers down. They should just make it impossible. You can't betray in swat so why not make it impossible for all other playlists.
You can definitely betray in swat...
Reporting players does work. You'd be surprised how quickly a player can get tagged as "avoid me" if they receive a relatively small amount of unique players reporting them. Especially if it all happens in a pretty small time span.
It does seem kind of dumb. Especially in gametypes like grifball where betraying is difficult to avoid when you have four players smashing hammers down. They should just make it impossible. You can't betray in swat so why not make it impossible for all other playlists.
Then teamwork and skill won't be rewarded. Also, the gameplay wouldn't feel "real".
It does seem kind of dumb. Especially in gametypes like grifball where betraying is difficult to avoid when you have four players smashing hammers down. They should just make it impossible. You can't betray in swat so why not make it impossible for all other playlists.
You can definitely betray in swat...
I don't think you can. At least not by shooting them... maybe beating them down?
D M4N8 wrote:
It does seem kind of dumb. Especially in gametypes like grifball where betraying is difficult to avoid when you have four players smashing hammers down. They should just make it impossible. You can't betray in swat so why not make it impossible for all other playlists.
You can definitely betray in swat...
I don't think you can. At least not by shooting them... maybe beating them down?
You can't betray in swat...
Vaudeur wrote:
D M4N8 wrote:
It does seem kind of dumb. Especially in gametypes like grifball where betraying is difficult to avoid when you have four players smashing hammers down. They should just make it impossible. You can't betray in swat so why not make it impossible for all other playlists.
You can definitely betray in swat...
I don't think you can. At least not by shooting them... maybe beating them down?
You can't betray in swat...
I don't think so. The last time I tried team killing someone because they pissed me off, it didn't work, which ended pissing me off even more. Hahaha.
betray people for stupid reasons, you know who you are. Please realize that you are only making things worse. Players do not deserve to be set back for no reason. All we want to do is play and enjoy the game. You are only being part of the problem's that 343I is already trying to deal with. Please do not betray people. If you happen to betray someone on accident, AND IT'S TRUTHFUL, then good players will know if it was an accident and they will not boot you. Once again, please do not betray people for stupid reasons and help make matchmaking a better place to play.
Is this the kind of thing you are referring to?
Thats why I went back to Reach, Going back on Topic, people just betray people for God no reason, they're just the type of people who just make you rage
It does seem kind of dumb. Especially in gametypes like grifball where betraying is difficult to avoid when you have four players smashing hammers down. They should just make it impossible. You can't betray in swat so why not make it impossible for all other playlists.
You can definitely betray in swat...
One of the arena slayer variant gametypes you for sure can't betray. Super fiesta maybe? I play mostly swat and never get betrayals so it's easy to mix up.

Edit: you can't betray in swat. Just checked. Regular slayer you can though.
D M4N8 wrote:
It does seem kind of dumb. Especially in gametypes like grifball where betraying is difficult to avoid when you have four players smashing hammers down. They should just make it impossible. You can't betray in swat so why not make it impossible for all other playlists.
Then teamwork and skill won't be rewarded. Also, the gameplay wouldn't feel "real".
We are UNSC Spartans killing other Spartans. Lore wise, if anything that already shouldnt feel "real". And you say skill but getting punched in the back because a teammate wanted to use the chaingun turret and you got it before him, or getting killed because you picked up the sniper rifle, is not exactly the definition of team skill. Likewise, I still remember back in Reach days when I stuck a wraith with a plasma and two guys decided it would be a good idea to run up to it when they clearly could see my plasma before they were close, betraying them both and me being booted in the process.
It does seem kind of dumb. Especially in gametypes like grifball where betraying is difficult to avoid when you have four players smashing hammers down. They should just make it impossible. You can't betray in swat so why not make it impossible for all other playlists.
You can definitely betray in swat...
You really can't
Happens to me on occasion, I tend to play with a bunch of friends so we tend to mass report the idiot.

People are stupid and want the glory of capping the flag, just because it gets their name to the top of the leader board. From my experience they also tend to be god awful players.
Maybe you need to take a break from social and head over to ranked for awhile. Very rarely do I see repeated intentional betrayals in high level HCS gameplay.
D M4N8 wrote:
It does seem kind of dumb. Especially in gametypes like grifball where betraying is difficult to avoid when you have four players smashing hammers down. They should just make it impossible. You can't betray in swat so why not make it impossible for all other playlists.
Then teamwork and skill won't be rewarded. Also, the gameplay wouldn't feel "real".
We are UNSC Spartans killing other Spartans. Lore wise, if anything that already shouldnt feel "real". And you say skill but getting punched in the back because a teammate wanted to use the chaingun turret and you got it before him, or getting killed because you picked up the sniper rifle, is not exactly the definition of team skill. Likewise, I still remember back in Reach days when I stuck a wraith with a plasma and two guys decided it would be a good idea to run up to it when they clearly could see my plasma before they were close, betraying them both and me being booted in the process.
Like I said "teamwork", which I'm pretty sure involves communication and strategy.
D M4N8 wrote:
D M4N8 wrote:
It does seem kind of dumb. Especially in gametypes like grifball where betraying is difficult to avoid when you have four players smashing hammers down. They should just make it impossible. You can't betray in swat so why not make it impossible for all other playlists.
Then teamwork and skill won't be rewarded. Also, the gameplay wouldn't feel "real".
We are UNSC Spartans killing other Spartans. Lore wise, if anything that already shouldnt feel "real". And you say skill but getting punched in the back because a teammate wanted to use the chaingun turret and you got it before him, or getting killed because you picked up the sniper rifle, is not exactly the definition of team skill. Likewise, I still remember back in Reach days when I stuck a wraith with a plasma and two guys decided it would be a good idea to run up to it when they clearly could see my plasma before they were close, betraying them both and me being booted in the process.
Like I said "teamwork", which I'm pretty sure involves communication and strategy.
Right but there's matchmaking. Matchmaking with randoms without mics who might be 10 year old kids. Either way that logic is flawed when swat, which is literally just one shot gunfights has no betrayals and either does super fiesta which is any weapon and grenades, yet regular slayer doesn't have betrayals turned off? It would be easy fix to enable it for all playlists rather than just one or two.
Take a break OP. Play something else for a week and then comeback, its refreshing.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2