Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] Halo 5 is BY FAR the worst Halo game of all time

OP PoeticKetchup35

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I will admit Halo 5's campaign was garbage. The hype surrounding it was so huge! Is master chief an enemy of the state now!? Will Chief die!? etc. etc.
Come to find out no...chief went a little awol and found out Cortana is a bad guy for reasons I don't full understand probably because I didn't beat the game but rather just watched the cutscenes on YouTube.

As for multiplayer, it is definitely better than H4. Arguably better then Halo Reach pre-bloom patch (to much randomness with bloom).

I don't however like the sniper rifle in H5, head shots seem to come extremely easy. I swear I hit people in the shoulder and I get a head shot. Halo 3 sniping was really good, except blood shots but that's any online latency game. De-scope in H5 is nice.

Halo 5 weapons are balanced - exceptions being the storm rifle and smg, carbine, and BR. I enjoy actually being able to use any weapon I choose to pick up. AR is actually worth a damn in this game, that's always nice.

I DON'T like the Halo 5 maps. I'm a huge fan of symmetrical maps and Halo 5 only has only a few (Fathom, Coliseum being the two I can name quickly)

Halo 5 Grenades are too powerful. I agree with your statements how Halo 3 grenades. Being able to Nade 1 shot people in H3 was actually skillful and put above other players who couldn't.

You didn't mention Halo 5's ranking system, but I'm on the fence about it. I love the tier system, but I also miss my 1-50 ranks. Also Halo 5 should take a page out of CS GO's book. Onyx should not be able to play with Bronze (if they are partied). You should only battle players of the same exact skill level.

Sprint - Again I'm on the fence about it. I feel sometimes it works well and is balanced, and other times I feel like why the hell is it in the game.

That's all I can really think of at the moment. All in all I feel games have just sucked a** lately. Nothing is feels new or refreshing...that could just be me.
If it were just a matter of how good my stats were, I would have thought that Halo 4 was the best ever, but I don't. My K/D was 1.21 in Halo 3, 1.75 in Reach, 1.77 in Halo 4, and a little over 1.0 in Halo 5. Given how often kills with no death become deaths with no kill, that's actually pretty good in my opinion. There's nothing like getting to a post game lobby feeling like you should have been a +6-8 and finding out that you were in fact a -1.

Also, if you wish to defend this game and 343i, please pick a point of mine and cogently attempt to refute it. Just mindlessly bashing me without refuting my points doesn't win you any points.
Jazzle2K14 wrote:
Don't get me wrong. Halo 5 is not unplayable. It's just a C-caliber game when we've been used to A-level games from Bungie. Bungie clearly paid GREAT attention to detail and spent every ounce of effort possible to make the best possible game AT LAUNCH TIME. 343 seems content to do just good enough to get by without going the extra mile to make the game the best it can be. In Bungie's Halo MP's (mostly 3 and Reach) you knew what you had to do to kill an enemy and what it took to kill you, and those two things were generally pretty consistent. In 343's, you have no clue. The grenades are terrible, explode randomly, don't interact logically with their environment, and make odd noises when they explode. The hit detection with 343's weapons is spotty at best, with body shots or even clean misses being registered as headshots. You really can't tell what the threshold for causing damage or getting kills is in Halo's 4, MCC, and 5. It is literally a coinflip in many, if not most, situations. Its like refereeing in sports, you can be tight or you can be loose, but above all else BE CONSISTENT, which 343's Halo's are definitely not.

The franchise has devolved into good when it used to be great, and it shows no signs of returning to its prior greatness. RIP Halo: 2001-2012
Do you work for Bungie by any chance? I'd like you put your opinions together without mentioning them once lol
All your posts, literally sound like a super case of madcuzbad.
I think it's funny when people have a problem of Halo fans mentioning Bungie, since they only created Halo lol.

The only stipend I would add is that Bungie is different today then back in those days so I would clarify if I was referring to classic Bungie or current Bungie.
You mention Destiny, and yet you also say Bungie releases complete games? Now I'm not defending the release of incomplete games, of which Halo 5 and Destiny most certainly were. The saving grace with Halo is that the missing content will be released for free, again still don't like purchasing an incomplete game but at least I don't have to pay for the rest down the road "a la Destiny".
As far as all of your MP complaints, the weapon balance in Halo 5 is excellent in my opinion. The fact that using automatics in the correct situations is not only feasible but advantageous is great, it's nice that every weapon can be viable. Grenade physics seem fine to me do you have any examples or videos of these terrible grenade physics and inconsistencies you've spoken of?
I also have been playing Halo since CE, and in my opinion Halo 5 has the best MP since 3, and the series is certainly not dead.
To each his own, but as someone who has played and loved all Halo games, I couldn't be happier with the multiplayer portion of Halo5. I'll make this quick since it is really just a matter of opinion, but in Halo 5 I finally feel like a versatile super soldier. In fact, as far as the online is concerned, Halo 5 is the best shooter I've ever played. No other game in recent memory has such exciting, white-knuckle, thrilling action. The gameplay is rock-solid and the weapons feel balanced to perfection. I love how responsive the gameplay is with all the new moves, it just fits my style of play perfectly. The campaign was great as well, but since I only finished it once, I don't like to talk about it too much before finishing it a few more times and knowing it inside out. Cheers
Just a question, what was it about the campaign that was great in your opinion?

Also, did you play the previous campaigns?

Because to me, there was nothing new to experience. It was rather bland IMO.
Poetic, can I see your stats please? Its just you don't seem to have a Halo 5 service record yet you claim to have played the game or any halo games.
Honestly, it seems like the maps were built the way they were mostly to accommodate and showcase sprint and particularly clamber. The sprint feature makes Spartan movement seem awkward and ungainly to me, and the clamber is more of the same. I once read someone say that in pre-Halo 4 Halo MP's you felt like an agile badass, but no longer. I couldn't have put it better myself. The sprint is at the core of whats wrong with the gameplay in general, although the weapons and hit detection, along with new abilities such as Spartan Charge, are spotty at best.
yeah no. i leave that title for reach or 4

and bunige can stay away from halo after what they did with destiny
Poetic, your stats? you claim to have played Halo 5 and other Halos yet I see no evidence to support that point.
if you wish to see my stats, feel free to search "HBKevin91581". I am posting under this name, chosen by Microsoft, because 343's moderators didn't appreciate someone disagreeing with them on a "Halo 5 is the best game ever thread".
Jazzle2K14 wrote:
VV0NDERBOY wrote:
Jazzle2K14 wrote:
Tintreg wrote:
Jazzle2K14 wrote:
Not sure if bait or serious...either way, go back to destiny if you dislike H5 so much?
(Actually amazed you think Destiny is better in any way)
This lol
Literally his whole post was "Bungie this" "bungie that" "bungie are so good" haha as Destiny has proved, Bungie no longer care about the console that put them on the map, so it baffles me why xbox users defend them?!
Do you blame them that they wanted to do new things and release content for both platforms and they were being held back by Microsoft. Honestly I don't care what Bungie thinks about the Xbox, I care what the studio thinks of its fans and what they do for them. I'm not saying any pros or cons about Bungie or 343, just saying I wouldn't blame someone if they were being held back.
Can't find anything online to support what you said tbh also, look at how Bungievision are treating fans now, it's a disgrace, yet people will claim 343i are worse?
Well it's pretty obvious that Bungie wanted to do their own thing. Hence, why they did.

I'm not saying it worked or a 10 year risky contract was a good decision, but classic Bungie cared about the fans. They are not nearly the same company today.
I don't have the emotional upheaval and hatred I did with Reach or Halo 4, but Halo 5 has failed to capture my attention. I thought the Beta showed so much promise, but basic point-and-shoot aspects of the finished product produced an unintuitive and non-engaging space for me. An FPS without quality aiming mechanics is just not my cup of tea.
B

The gunplay is equally bad. Oftentimes, enemies will get killshots when they don't actually HAVE a shot on you. Or they will kill you from long distances with the Assault Rifle before one can even get more than one grenade off. Putting a rocket launcher on it and thus making the Mongoose probably the most feared weapon in Halo is ludicrous. The Spartan Charge was clearly going to be a glitched ability from the outset, and it has definitely proven to be exactly that. Others will get Spartan charge kills from a standstill off their back foot, while ofttimes I won't even be able to sprint to Spartan Charge an enemy, and even if I do it feels clumsy and they bounce off half the time unharmed, then finish me off with a quick AR burst. Weapons like the Hydra launcer will get one shot kills on a moving enemy for one person, while for another won't result in a kill even if being shot at close range with a full clip right on an enemy in an enclosed space. The Ghost shooting is laughably bad, with poor shooting resulting in kills quite a bit. The radar being nerfed makes no sense, as one can get chopped up in the blink of an eye by a vehicle that never appeared on the radar. This is pretty much a continuation of the bad radar from MCC.There are a lot of instances of getting the drop on an enemy, having a huge advantage on them from a better position, and still getting killed by a few spray bullets from the AR or SMG or similar weapon. It's not at all uncommon to have a 9k, 10 d game which rightfully should have been 14k, 5 d. The generosity with which some people get kills is laughable. I won't even delve too deeply into the lack of being able to vote on maps or game types, or the pointlessness of REQs. Suffice it to say that Halo 5 is a continuation of the terminal cancer that 343 gave the Halo franchise with Halo 4 and continued with Halo MCC. The best days of Halo are clearly long past, gone along with Bungie. May Halo rest in peace, even if 343 keeps dragging out the corpse and parading it around to make some more money by releasing inferior and incomplete games.
I highlighted the relevant bits to make a TL;DR
OP claims that Halo is dead and 5 is a horrible game, whilst crying about how bad he is (fears fighting grunts *sigh*) and yet he hasn't played it.
Yes I love people that pick bits and pieces out of someone's statement and try to use it against them in a different context. That's the world we live in isn't it?
Halo is still probably one of the best games on the market atm. You could be playin garbage ops 3 destylag. I mean 60fps and dedicated servers are all i need, and THIS FORGE IS GREAT. I understand that the game has flaws but hey, look at the alternatives m8.
I'd much rather play Halo 5 than Halo 4 or Halo Reach.
When I'm playing Arena in Halo 5 I actually get a sense of back in the early days of playing Halo2/3 online competitively.
I have to disagree, but we all have out opinions.
Zyronin wrote:
You mention Destiny, and yet you also say Bungie releases complete games? Now I'm not defending the release of incomplete games, of which Halo 5 and Destiny most certainly were. The saving grace with Halo is that the missing content will be released for free, again still don't like purchasing an incomplete game but at least I don't have to pay for the rest down the road "a la Destiny".
As far as all of your MP complaints, the weapon balance in Halo 5 is excellent in my opinion. The fact that using automatics in the correct situations is not only feasible but advantageous is great, it's nice that every weapon can be viable. Grenade physics seem fine to me do you have any examples or videos of these terrible grenade physics and inconsistencies you've spoken of?
I also have been playing Halo since CE, and in my opinion Halo 5 has the best MP since 3, and the series is certainly not dead.
Destiny also didn't screw up their previous game to the point that they had to give something out for free a la Halo's DLC.

Not defending Destiny, but keep in mind the DLC in H5 came with a price for some.
Honestly, it seems like the maps were built the way they were mostly to accommodate and showcase sprint and particularly clamber. The sprint feature makes Spartan movement seem awkward and ungainly to me, and the clamber is more of the same. I once read someone say that in pre-Halo 4 Halo MP's you felt like an agile badass, but no longer. I couldn't have put it better myself. The sprint is at the core of whats wrong with the gameplay in general, although the weapons and hit detection, along with new abilities such as Spartan Charge, are spotty at best.
343 directly says that. The maps were built around the new abilities. That's good for showcasing what you can do, but terrible if your game revolves around Halo's foundational gameplay.
Halo is still probably one of the best games on the market atm. You could be playin garbage ops 3 destylag. I mean 60fps and dedicated servers are all i need, and THIS FORGE IS GREAT. I understand that the game has flaws but hey, look at the alternatives m8.
Some of us never had alternatives before either because we enjoyed Halo that much. Now is the first time I've ever looked into them lol.
VV0NDERBOY wrote:
B

The gunplay is equally bad. Oftentimes, enemies will get killshots when they don't actually HAVE a shot on you. Or they will kill you from long distances with the Assault Rifle before one can even get more than one grenade off. Putting a rocket launcher on it and thus making the Mongoose probably the most feared weapon in Halo is ludicrous. The Spartan Charge was clearly going to be a glitched ability from the outset, and it has definitely proven to be exactly that. Others will get Spartan charge kills from a standstill off their back foot, while ofttimes I won't even be able to sprint to Spartan Charge an enemy, and even if I do it feels clumsy and they bounce off half the time unharmed, then finish me off with a quick AR burst. Weapons like the Hydra launcer will get one shot kills on a moving enemy for one person, while for another won't result in a kill even if being shot at close range with a full clip right on an enemy in an enclosed space. The Ghost shooting is laughably bad, with poor shooting resulting in kills quite a bit. The radar being nerfed makes no sense, as one can get chopped up in the blink of an eye by a vehicle that never appeared on the radar. This is pretty much a continuation of the bad radar from MCC.There are a lot of instances of getting the drop on an enemy, having a huge advantage on them from a better position, and still getting killed by a few spray bullets from the AR or SMG or similar weapon. It's not at all uncommon to have a 9k, 10 d game which rightfully should have been 14k, 5 d. The generosity with which some people get kills is laughable. I won't even delve too deeply into the lack of being able to vote on maps or game types, or the pointlessness of REQs. Suffice it to say that Halo 5 is a continuation of the terminal cancer that 343 gave the Halo franchise with Halo 4 and continued with Halo MCC. The best days of Halo are clearly long past, gone along with Bungie. May Halo rest in peace, even if 343 keeps dragging out the corpse and parading it around to make some more money by releasing inferior and incomplete games.
I highlighted the relevant bits to make a TL;DR
OP claims that Halo is dead and 5 is a horrible game, whilst crying about how bad he is (fears fighting grunts *sigh*) and yet he hasn't played it.
Yes I love people that pick bits and pieces out of someone's statement and try to use it against them in a different context. That's the world we live in isn't it?
I am not using them against him/her in a different context. I am merely highlighting some of the OP's key points. I will admit that my first reaction was not as restrained as it should have been (the attack was not directed against the user but instead at this type of post) and for that I apologise. Over the last few months we have had almost nothing positive in this forum when compared to the massive amount of negativity (which is essentially the same key points reposted) and maybe that is what is killing the community? Not 343's games, which still may be partially at fault. However the team is dedicated to Halo as seen in the sprint and many of the constraints of the game are due to the X1's hardware.
This is everything I have against Halo 5 in my opinion:
<rant>
  1. No Split-screen
  2. Bad campaign story. The characters are developed little, and were not properly introduced. In Halo 4, you found a transmission from the UNSC Infinity, Cortana explains the UNSC Infinity, then you meet the Characters such as Plamer and Lasky and they are introduced. In Halo 5, the Infinity and the characters on it randomly appear in a cut scene, with no explanation or backstory.
  3. The campaign story had nothing to do with the hunt the truth marketing, which was very misleading.
  4. The campaign felt like a grind. 6 or so Wardens (sorry I lost count), is way too many, especially when the combat is pop out at Warden, put some shots on him, hide. The missions were not very unique either, because almost all the time you were fighting the same enemies on foot with your same AI team mates.
  5. The AI team mates are awful. They struggle with simple tasks and easy combat, and often will fail to revive you.
  6. Many multiplayer game modes are missing, such as Infection or Oddball.
  7. Many of the maps are forge maps and remixes (such as Eden/Empire or Truth/Regret). When people saw 343i were advertising their "free DLC maps," they probably assumed they would be proper maps (I did).
  8. Much of the "free DLC" is stuff that should have been in the base game, considering the other games had that stuff, and Halo 5 was under development for 3 years.
  9. The ranking system is terrible, and will often rank you higher or lower than what you should be.
  10. Random players are allowed to go up against full parties, and proceed to get pub stomped by said party. Seriously, almost every other fps game prevented this. The older Halo games did, CS:GO does, as well as many others.
  11. Join in progress can put you in games that have been close to completion, that you have no chance of winning. This is especially bad when a rare boost card is lost because of it.
  12. 343i's solution to their terrible match-making seems to be to enforce bans heavily, instead of actually fixing the problem. (I'm not against the bans that much, nor have I been banned, but their system is still bad.)
  13. Forge has many bugs, such as switches re-setting to their original location and not working if you try to interact with them.
  14. You can get booted to the main menu for being AFK in Forge. Yes. Forge.
  15. You need Xbox Live Gold to access Forge.
  16. There are no daily/weekly/monthly challenges.
  17. There is no Firefight/Spartan Ops.
  18. In Halo 5, you can only customise your helmet, body and visor. Halo 4 you can customise your legs, torso, shoulders, arms, helmet and visor. In Halo Reach you had additional options such as your utility or other accessories.
  19. In Halo 5, you can only choose a single emblem, and the colours of that emblem. In Halo Reach/Halo 4, you could choose a primary and secondary emblem, as well as the colours of that emblem.
  20. Instead of saving up for some armour you like or completing a commendation or achievement to acquire some armour, you unlock it randomly. What is the point of customisation when you can't choose what you want? It also cheapens the customisation. If you have the lighting armour effect in Halo Reach, that would be a way of showing off your badassery. If you have the Helljumper helmet in Halo 5, that would show off your luck.
</rant>
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2