Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] HALO 5 is Call of Duty HALO Warfare now?

OP VigorosoImp6266

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
This HALO 5 beta klipp will make you cry. Warning dont look if you dont want to get depressed.
/watch?v=KVzb6V1EyLk

My comment on that video:
So HALO 5 is Call of Duty HALO Warfare now? Listen now 343i. Are you trying to kill HALO? I think that you are trying to milk this game series as much as you can right now just to get "easy" and fast cash. But remember. If HALO will fail XBOX will fail. HALO is why manny people buy XBOX instead of Playstation. How hard can it be for a big company as 343i (Microsoft) to get things right? How hard can it be to get all the little details in HALO right? How hard is it to have a logical explanation to why design in the game changes (AN explanation that make sens in the HALO univers)? I remember that time when other games/companys copied HALO and not the other way around. 343i, how does it feel that a 10 year old HALO (HAlO 2 anniversary) will be way better then somthing you have made from scratch? HALO is dead now. The only HALOS we will buy now will be the remakes of the HALOS Bungie made.
(End of comment)

How are you guys fell about this? 343i is (In my opinion) trying to make HALO to a COD game and trying to say that what we se in HALO 5 is not ADS but instead the same scope system we have always had in HALO (Not true in my opinion). From what I can see from that klipp is that you will have a big advantage is you will use ADS. I know the spread will be the same but it is clearly you will be able to aim better (see alot longer and clearer) with this "not ADS system". I think 343i is doing this because they want to make HALO a real ADS game with time and are now just trying to prepare us for it.
But we're not gonna let 'em have it! What we will let 'em have is a boycott of the game, and a empty wallet of their own failure to drown in! Am I right, HALO gamer?
Well done, 343. Please gimme a PS4
Lol, a bit too early for you to boycott or state that it is like AW without any analysis on your OP.....
Guys, please stop being so prejudice towards Guardians over something so stupid as scoping on a weapon. Play the beta first, you might find it not so bad.
This HALO 5 beta klipp will make you cry. Warning dont look if you dont want to get depressed.
/watch?v=KVzb6V1EyLk

So HALO 5 is Call of Duty HALO Warfare now? Listen now 343i. Are you trying to kill HALO? I think that you are trying to milk this game series as much as you can right now just to get "easy" and fast cash. But remember. If HALO will fail XBOX will fail. HALO is why manny people buy XBOX instead of Playstation. How hard can it be for a big company as 343i (Microsoft) to get things right? How hard can it be to get all the little details in HALO right? How hard is it to have a logical explanation to why design in the game changes (AN explanation that make sens in the HALO univers)? I remember that time when other games/companys copied HALO and not the other way around. 343i, how does it feel that a 10 year old HALO (HAlO 2 anniversary) will be way better then somthing you have made from scratch? HALO is dead now. The only HALOS we will buy now will be the remakes of the HALOS Bungie made.
(End of comment)

How are you guys fell about this? 343i is (In my opinion) trying to make HALO to a COD game and trying to say that what we se in HALO 5 is not ADS but instead the same scope system we have always had in HALO (Not true in my opinion). From what I can see from that klipp is that you will have a big advantage is you will use ADS. I know the spread will be the same but it is clearly you will be able to aim better (see alot longer and clearer) with this "not ADS system". I think 343i is doing this because they want to make HALO a real ADS game with time and are now just trying to prepare us for it.
But we're not gonna let 'em have it! What we will let 'em have is a boycott of the game, and a empty wallet of their own failure to drown in! Am I right, HALO gamer?
You know nothing about the mechanics of the game. You don't have the right to say such things till you play the beta. I for one, wish to play it. If it feels and plays like Halo, I can let their spin on visual's slide as long as it isn't SUPER radical.
I am the original poster. In my opinion HALO is going downhill. I like to see new stuff in the game but not COD ripoffs. This is my personal opinion and I want to se if more HALO fans feel like me. If the answer is yes. Great! Let us get together and try to save HALO by telling 343i what we want/what works and not works. If the answer is no. Well then I will have to stop play HALO (ben playing halo since 2001) and go and find a new hoby. I know that if only one hardcore halo fan stops play halo 343i don't care. And thats is sad. They only want there money and does not finde our opinions worth bothering if we are individuals. Only if we are a group.
its not like aiming down the sights in call of duty, there is no movement penalty or anything its basically just taking the old zoom and giving it a new aesthetic.

why all the hate for something so simple? it literally just LOOKS different.
OMG COD invented everything! Something that only superficially looks like ADS could only be an attempt at replicating COD specifically. And that thruster pack, clearly it didn't exist in halo before exo suits in AW. Don't even get me started on equal starts with no loadouts or killstreaks that will play just like space COD. Oh wait...
I'd call it more like Unreal Halo, or Quake Halo.
The two games are very different!

what call of duty did to their game was to add a fast far reaching rocket dash and a fast far reaching rocket pack..
Halo has also has both of those BUT you can't enable them at the same time, AND in Halo they are not as fast paced or far reaching..

The difference is that in COD the players just fly and jump and dash around the map like crazy and in HALO 5 it is only a slight boost to your excisting movement speed that enhances the gameplay.

Very different games in all respects.
what i saw in the Video was not halo! !pls give this game a other name! it is still a beta or just a sneak peek of a video..i know! they can fix this maybe! but i dont want this flying, running, auto scoping, high jumping ****... this is not halo! 343i destroys halo! 4 sure! they cant even release a full working game!
what i saw in the Video was not halo! !pls give this game a other name! it is still a beta or just a sneak peek of a video..i know! they can fix this maybe! but i dont want this flying, running, auto scoping, high jumping ****... this is not halo! 343i destroys halo! 4 sure! they cant even release a full working game!
It sounds more like you want halo 3.
KGarvie wrote:
Guys, please stop being so prejudice towards Guardians over something so stupid as scoping on a weapon. Play the beta first, you might find it not so bad.
no because that would be the logical thing to do

It sounds more like you want halo 3.
no! i would love to see a new halo but they change the hole game!
Why do people feel the need to tell 343i that "if Halo fails, Xbox will fail"? I'm pretty sure they are aware of that. They DO NOT need to be told. They are responsible for preserving MS' flagship franchise/console seller. Do people, who have absolutely no experience in the gaming industry, feel like they retain more knowledge than industry professionals? Okay, so people may dislike some aspects in 343i's direction of Halo - surprise, surprise, i am one of them - but please, can we quit pretending that we are college professors trying to teach students the ways of the FPS, and console market!?
I think its important to point out that Halo did jetpacks, thrusters and mechs long before CoD or even titanfall...
/watch?v=KVzb6V1EyLk

(End of comment)

This hurts me. You're a pillar of what this community has become. Bunch of rabid dogs.
I just need to get this out of my system.

First of: Fast cash? How on earth would you define this as fast cash, if 343i works their -Yoinks!- off for multiple years to make a game for US, the consumers, and to please US, and give their time for OUR amusement? You really need to rephrase yourself.

Secondly: ADS has always been in Halo. You know how the BR scopes, and the DMR scopes? It's the same thing, just a cheaper way of making it visual. This is better, and more vision. Right now, I'll tell you about how ADS works in the Halo universe. If you remember how the MJOLNIR battle armor works. It's directly linked to the weapon, so the spartan has a reticule on his/her visor, which makes the physical scoping un-required, but yet obtain the full effect of scoping. They just added an animation, which looks amazing. FYI: If you're smart scoped, and taking fire, the fire will immediately make you retract your scope, so it won't be like Halo4.

Thirdly: 343i has shown great response and improvement, by releasing A) A beta this early in dev stage, fully focusing on the gameplay aspects, B) removing lots of key features from Halo4, (AA, Sprint w/o punishment, and Descope) To mention a few. They made sure everyone start on equal footing with equal weapons and equal abilities. Which is what we, the community asked for. They've also added key features to the spartan to make him more immersive, mobile and realistic.

Lastly: You you treat 343i with utter disrespect. You have yet to play the game, and yet here you are boldly ranting about how it will fail, and how you are determined boycott it, without the slightest clue of how it will play out. Your lack of intelligence reflects on your way of writing. I personally think that 343i is moving in the right direction. Everything they've done is to improve the games flow, and the way the sandbox works. Which is needed. A game needs to evolve, why else would you make a sequel? A true Halo fan would be open to change and improvement. You, are neither.
NF Optimus wrote:
/watch?v=KVzb6V1EyLk

(End of comment)

This hurts me. You're a pillar of what this community has become. Bunch of rabid dogs.
I just need to get this out of my system.

First of: Fast cash? How on earth would you define this as fast cash, if 343i works their -Yoinks!- off for multiple years to make a game for US, the consumers, and to please US, and give their time for OUR amusement? You really need to rephrase yourself.

Secondly: ADS has always been in Halo. You know how the BR scopes, and the DMR scopes? It's the same thing, just a cheaper way of making it visual. This is better, and more vision. Right now, I'll tell you about how ADS works in the Halo universe. If you remember how the MJOLNIR battle armor works. It's directly linked to the weapon, so the spartan has a reticule on his/her visor, which makes the physical scoping un-required, but yet obtain the full effect of scoping. They just added an animation, which looks amazing. FYI: If you're smart scoped, and taking fire, the fire will immediately make you retract your scope, so it won't be like Halo4.

Thirdly: 343i has shown great response and improvement, by releasing A) A beta this early in dev stage, fully focusing on the gameplay aspects, B) removing lots of key features from Halo4, (AA, Sprint w/o punishment, and Descope) To mention a few. They made sure everyone start on equal footing with equal weapons and equal abilities. Which is what we, the community asked for. They've also added key features to the spartan to make him more immersive, mobile and realistic.

Lastly: You you treat 343i with utter disrespect. You have yet to play the game, and yet here you are boldly ranting about how it will fail, and how you are determined boycott it, without the slightest clue of how it will play out. Your lack of intelligence reflects on your way of writing. I personally think that 343i is moving in the right direction. Everything they've done is to improve the games flow, and the way the sandbox works. Which is needed. A game needs to evolve, why else would you make a sequel? A true Halo fan would be open to change and improvement. You, are neither.
^THIS
Is this parody? I think it might be parody. Putting you down as "Trolling", OP, just to be safe.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5