Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] HALO 5 is Call of Duty HALO Warfare now?

OP VigorosoImp6266

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5
OMG COD invented everything! Something that only superficially looks like ADS could only be an attempt at replicating COD specifically. And that thruster pack, clearly it didn't exist in halo before exo suits in AW. Don't even get me started on equal starts with no loadouts or killstreaks that will play just like space COD. Oh wait...
yeah its not like halo had thruster packs since 2012 (earlier if you count the 3 year dev cycle) or anything. its totally ripping off a game released in 2014 (2 years into H5s dev cycle so even if CoD did invent thruster packs first 343 still wouldn't have copied just had the same idea independently)
I think its important to point out that Halo did jetpacks, thrusters and mechs long before CoD or even titanfall...
THANK YOU. why do people keep forgetting this.
JOLTLORD wrote:
I think its important to point out that Halo did jetpacks, thrusters and mechs long before CoD or even titanfall...

THANK YOU. why do people keep forgetting this.
But they didnt combine all into one style of gameplay.
What's H5 is building now was just put into a game that just came out. This is why the comparison is being made.
Uhm...Halo has been going in this direction for years, and CoD AW looks like its a copy of Halo, If anything.
Really Im a big fan and I dont wanna that halo will become in a copy about COD or Crysis. The first time i saw H5 I think "Seriously this is halo WTH"
I dont like so much this new Halo but I guess, is the future of halo
I'd call it more like Unreal Halo, or Quake Halo.
That's the impression I'm getting too. Just take what we had in late 90's PC gaming and step it up a bit based on how the genre has grown since. Its very nice to see any game evolve in meaningful ways, particularly one called Halo.
Sayuri wrote:

The difference is that in COD the players just fly and jump and dash around the map like crazy and in HALO 5 it is only a slight boost to your excisting movement speed that enhances the gameplay.

No... The difference is that Halo 4 introduced the thruster pack two freaking years before AW came out. Matter of fact, there is not an original idea in Advanced Warfare. Every feature was copied from Movies the developers have seen or Video Games they played.

I'm not saying that thruster packs are an original Halo idea but it was in a Halo title before it was in CoD title.
I won't make too many judgements until I play the game myself.
But they didnt combine all into one style of gameplay.
What's H5 is building now was just put into a game that just came out. This is why the comparison is being made.
The point is that this comparison shouldn't be made. Halo 4 had thrusters and jet packs way before AW. If anything, CoD should be considered copying Halo and a lot of other franchises.
lets hope the beta servers dont crash like the MCC launch
NF Optimus wrote:
This HALO 5 beta klipp will make you cry. Warning dont look if you dont want to get depressed.
/watch?v=KVzb6V1EyLk

My comment on that video:
So HALO 5 is Call of Duty HALO Warfare now? Listen now 343i. Are you trying to kill HALO? I think that you are trying to milk this game series as much as you can right now just to get "easy" and fast cash. But remember. If HALO will fail XBOX will fail. HALO is why manny people buy XBOX instead of Playstation. How hard can it be for a big company as 343i (Microsoft) to get things right? How hard can it be to get all the little details in HALO right? How hard is it to have a logical explanation to why design in the game changes (AN explanation that make sens in the HALO univers)? I remember that time when other games/companys copied HALO and not the other way around. 343i, how does it feel that a 10 year old HALO (HAlO 2 anniversary) will be way better then somthing you have made from scratch? HALO is dead now. The only HALOS we will buy now will be the remakes of the HALOS Bungie made.
(End of comment)

How are you guys fell about this? 343i is (In my opinion) trying to make HALO to a COD game and trying to say that what we se in HALO 5 is not ADS but instead the same scope system we have always had in HALO (Not true in my opinion). From what I can see from that klipp is that you will have a big advantage is you will use ADS. I know the spread will be the same but it is clearly you will be able to aim better (see alot longer and clearer) with this "not ADS system". I think 343i is doing this because they want to make HALO a real ADS game with time and are now just trying to prepare us for it.
But we're not gonna let 'em have it! What we will let 'em have is a boycott of the game, and a empty wallet of their own failure to drown in! Am I right, HALO gamer?

This hurts me. You're a pillar of what this community has become. Bunch of rabid dogs.
I just need to get this out of my system.

First of: Fast cash? How on earth would you define this as fast cash, if 343i works their -Yoinks!- off for multiple years to make a game for US, the consumers, and to please US, and give their time for OUR amusement? You really need to rephrase yourself.

Secondly: ADS has always been in Halo. You know how the BR scopes, and the DMR scopes? It's the same thing, just a cheaper way of making it visual. This is better, and more vision. Right now, I'll tell you about how ADS works in the Halo universe. If you remember how the MJOLNIR battle armor works. It's directly linked to the weapon, so the spartan has a reticule on his/her visor, which makes the physical scoping un-required, but yet obtain the full effect of scoping. They just added an animation, which looks amazing. FYI: If you're smart scoped, and taking fire, the fire will immediately make you retract your scope, so it won't be like Halo4.

Thirdly: 343i has shown great response and improvement, by releasing A) A beta this early in dev stage, fully focusing on the gameplay aspects, B) removing lots of key features from Halo4, (AA, Sprint w/o punishment, and Descope) To mention a few. They made sure everyone start on equal footing with equal weapons and equal abilities. Which is what we, the community asked for. They've also added key features to the spartan to make him more immersive, mobile and realistic.

Lastly: You you treat 343i with utter disrespect. You have yet to play the game, and yet here you are boldly ranting about how it will fail, and how you are determined boycott it, without the slightest clue of how it will play out. Your lack of intelligence reflects on your way of writing. I personally think that 343i is moving in the right direction. Everything they've done is to improve the games flow, and the way the sandbox works. Which is needed. A game needs to evolve, why else would you make a sequel? A true Halo fan would be open to change and improvement. You, are neither.
This. So much this.

I can't help to question peoples intelligence when they accuse 343i of milking the franchise. Like really? They have developed Halo Channel, worked with writers to publish books and comics. They gave us Halo Master Chief Collection with old and new graphics. All the multiplayer maps etc. They gave us a collection that is pure fan service.

People doesn't understand what milking means.
its not like aiming down the sights in call of duty, there is no movement penalty or anything its basically just taking the old zoom and giving it a new aesthetic.

why all the hate for something so simple? it literally just LOOKS different.
I hope so but the assault rifle had a zoom feature that kinda confused me so I can't be sure. I'm not to worried though
http://i.imgur.com/maO189A.jpg *coff coff*

(PS I like Halo 4, and I think map control is still important in it, check the link)
KGarvie wrote:
Guys, please stop being so prejudice towards Guardians over something so stupid as scoping on a weapon. Play the beta first, you might find it not so bad.
I don't mind the scoping, there's nothing wrong with it I just don't like the thruster pack and ground pound to be usable in matchmaking. Mostly the ground pound.
How dare they add bullets, guns and death animations. Major Cod rippoff
I'm sure that their scopes and design predate AW launch. Now to point out the obvious: Supersoldier is a flavor that Halo has been doing for over a decade, CoD just started. The Supersoldier theme is specific in what it can do and cannon flavor (ie. Literature) has already explained much of what they are adding. Instead of using a game franchise that started as a ww2 sim, as a baseline for authority to make supersoldiers, why not hand the reigns to Halo and let Spartans be Spartans? Just because you haven't seen it in-game doesn't mean its not cannon.
Reserve judgement until you play the beta.
play the Beta first before judging. Halo 5 is going to be more like Halo 2 with some extra functions. 343i have already said that in the arena 4v4 modes there will be no custom loadouts, everyone has the same guns, and abilities and you have to work to control the map and power weapons just like Halo 2.
This HALO 5 beta klipp will make you cry. Warning dont look if you dont want to get depressed.
/watch?v=KVzb6V1EyLk

My comment on that video:
So HALO 5 is Call of Duty HALO Warfare now? Listen now 343i. Are you trying to kill HALO? I think that you are trying to milk this game series as much as you can right now just to get "easy" and fast cash. But remember. If HALO will fail XBOX will fail. HALO is why manny people buy XBOX instead of Playstation. How hard can it be for a big company as 343i (Microsoft) to get things right? How hard can it be to get all the little details in HALO right? How hard is it to have a logical explanation to why design in the game changes (AN explanation that make sens in the HALO univers)? I remember that time when other games/companys copied HALO and not the other way around. 343i, how does it feel that a 10 year old HALO (HAlO 2 anniversary) will be way better then somthing you have made from scratch? HALO is dead now. The only HALOS we will buy now will be the remakes of the HALOS Bungie made.
(End of comment)

How are you guys fell about this? 343i is (In my opinion) trying to make HALO to a COD game and trying to say that what we se in HALO 5 is not ADS but instead the same scope system we have always had in HALO (Not true in my opinion). From what I can see from that klipp is that you will have a big advantage is you will use ADS. I know the spread will be the same but it is clearly you will be able to aim better (see alot longer and clearer) with this "not ADS system". I think 343i is doing this because they want to make HALO a real ADS game with time and are now just trying to prepare us for it.
But we're not gonna let 'em have it! What we will let 'em have is a boycott of the game, and a empty wallet of their own failure to drown in! Am I right, HALO gamer?
I dont know it looks like crysis mixed with titanfall.It doesn't look like halo the sword looks wierd even thier gloves too .Also they can call it smart scope all the want but its Ads they just changed the name just like they did with victory crouch. 343 likes to change names on stuff.But 343 don't pee on my shoes and tell me its raining!!!!!!call it what it is by renaming stuff in looks worse in my eyes. Maybe the beta is better than sliced bread but I will have to play it to judge it totally. But i wont lie watching the beta video left me a little empty inside I realy want to like it but can't help but feel insulted.Maybe I mourning the loss of a old friend but hey i got the MCC that maybe the last halo game I buy.Please dont hate on me for expressing my opinion on what i saw.Some like and some don't these changes. This is a critical time in halo this game makes or breaks 343.
Sayuri wrote:

The difference is that in COD the players just fly and jump and dash around the map like crazy and in HALO 5 it is only a slight boost to your excisting movement speed that enhances the gameplay.

No... The difference is that Halo 4 introduced the thruster pack two freaking years before AW came out. Matter of fact, there is not an original idea in Advanced Warfare. Every feature was copied from Movies the developers have seen or Video Games they played.

I'm not saying that thruster packs are an original Halo idea but it was in a Halo title before it was in CoD title.
Wasn't one of the pre-set load outs in Halo: Reach a type of Thruster pack that allowed you to roll quickly out of the way. I seem to remember the Elites having it in the Invasion game mode.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5