Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] HALO 5 is Call of Duty HALO Warfare now?

OP VigorosoImp6266

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5
It looks good imo. The ads isn't even what you would think. Its just a different animation for when you zoom in
RawBeard wrote:
Wasn't one of the pre-set load outs in Halo: Reach a type of Thruster pack that allowed you to roll quickly out of the way. I seem to remember the Elites having it in the Invasion game mode.
That was an AA called Evade. The Thruster Pack is essentially the same thing, just rocket boosters, in place of the flipping business.
I think its important to point out that Halo did jetpacks, thrusters and mechs long before CoD or even titanfall...
THANK YOU! And by the logic of some people saying halo copied COD we can say every console FPS copied halo for going on xbox live.......
But they didnt combine all into one style of gameplay.
What's H5 is building now was just put into a game that just came out. This is why the comparison is being made.

The point is that this comparison shouldn't be made. Halo 4 had thrusters and jet packs way before AW. If anything, CoD should be considered copying Halo and a lot of other franchises.
One more time, everything was combined into one style of gameplay recently AW.
The new movement for H5 was all put together by AW.
This is not about who invented what piece of concept first this is about when everything came together.
Yes, there were slides, vaulting, jetpacks, in games loooong before Halo ever added them but the whole combines effort was just recently done in AW.
They dont want to kill Halo, they have killed Halo. Halo 5 is the worst Halo game i've seen ever. This is not a Halo, and real fans of Halo, will NOT buy this game, like me. This is horrible for Microsoft, 343 has killed the best game that Microsoft have.
Well hopefully when I try 5, it isn't disappointing.
Sirenitty wrote:
Well hopefully when I try 5, it isn't disappointing.
This ^
But I am skeptical at the moment.
JOLTLORD wrote:
OMG COD invented everything! Something that only superficially looks like ADS could only be an attempt at replicating COD specifically. And that thruster pack, clearly it didn't exist in halo before exo suits in AW. Don't even get me started on equal starts with no loadouts or killstreaks that will play just like space COD. Oh wait...

yeah its not like halo had thruster packs since 2012 (earlier if you count the 3 year dev cycle) or anything. its totally ripping off a game released in 2014 (2 years into H5s dev cycle so even if CoD did invent thruster packs first 343 still wouldn't have copied just had the same idea independently)
I was being sarcastic. I know halo 4 had thruster pack( reach had evade even ). I was meaning to show what this guy who is claiming halo 5 looks like COD is coming across as to me. someone who obviosly isnt thinking logically by saying this game that looks nothing like COD, is like AW.
I don't have anything constructive (or nice) to say to you. So i'll just answer your question "how do i feel about halo 5?"

I like most of what I have seen. Not a fan of the gun noises. Not a fan of the spartans making call outs. And a little worried about clamber's implications.
But over all it looks like a good solid halo game to me.
I must say that I did get a bit mad when I saw what was happening in that video with HALO 5 but I am a bit more calmer now. I will see if I will be mad after the beta or not. I hope I won't.
RawBeard wrote:
Sayuri wrote:

The difference is that in COD the players just fly and jump and dash around the map like crazy and in HALO 5 it is only a slight boost to your excisting movement speed that enhances the gameplay.

No... The difference is that Halo 4 introduced the thruster pack two freaking years before AW came out. Matter of fact, there is not an original idea in Advanced Warfare. Every feature was copied from Movies the developers have seen or Video Games they played.

I'm not saying that thruster packs are an original Halo idea but it was in a Halo title before it was in CoD title.

Wasn't one of the pre-set load outs in Halo: Reach a type of Thruster pack that allowed you to roll quickly out of the way. I seem to remember the Elites having it in the Invasion game mode.
Yeah it was. It was called Evade for the Elites. So a form of thruster pack has been in Halo for four years before AW, though it wasn't officially called the thruster pack.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post comments that are discriminatory in nature.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
It's more like Call of Halo 5: Modern Crysis
I now understand the ploy behind releasing the MCC.

Not only do they appease fans wanting a port and anniversary, they also get a back up for people when they hate the new game : "Oh well I wasted a tonne of money, at least I can go play real Halo"
Aserpik wrote:
I now understand the ploy behind releasing the MCC.

Not only do they appease fans wanting a port and anniversary, they also get a back up for people when they hate the new game : "Oh well I wasted a tonne of money, at least I can go play real Halo"
Not even my backup... I fully expect to only enjoy the campaign in Halo 5. First thought through my head when they announced MCC: "What a relief... now I don't have to worry if/when Halo 5's multiplayer is bad".
Neiche 117 wrote:
They dont want to kill Halo, they have killed Halo. Halo 5 is the worst Halo game i've seen ever. This is not a Halo, and real fans of Halo, will NOT buy this game, like me. This is horrible for Microsoft, 343 has killed the best game that Microsoft have.
I'm a real fan. I will buy this. And worst game ever? Have you never seen darkest of days, duke nukem forever, aliens colonial marines, Cory in the house, and 95% of all indie games?
I think its important to point out that Halo did jetpacks, thrusters and mechs long before CoD or even titanfall...
-Yoinking!- exactly. Thruster was the best armor ability in halo 4, but magically nobody remembers it now. There isn't a jetpack or mech as far as we know in h5 though, idk why you brought that up.
I want to buy this game for the Master Chief storyline, but at the same time I do not want to buy this game because of two aspects of the game. 1) I absolutely hate the ground pound technique, too much like Advanced Warfare, and I don't want that. 2) Smart scope, just no. Besides how would it work? Considering LT is the grenade button, it must find a way to do it differently, but still, stick with the old scope. 3) The clamber ability, either change it or get rid of it, don't want the BF3 / BF4 neckbeards hating on our game for the clamber animation. Lastly, the armor on the Spartan's hand looks like a plastic glove blow dried to fit on his hand. WAIT!!!! Forgot to add that the way 343i developers changed the shield mechanics to take less hits before dissipating needs to be brought back up to the normal shielding mechanics of H3 and H4. I didn't ask to play a reskinned CoD Ghosts

I do, however, like the pistol's hip fire recticle and I absolutely adore the way the MA5 sounds.
WAIT!!!! Forgot to add that the way 343i developers changed the shield mechanics to take less hits before dissipating needs to be brought back up to the normal shielding mechanics of H3 and H4. I didn't ask to play a reskinned CoD Ghosts
What?
S 000 DeM wrote:
On EuroGamer, they said that 343i has lowered the amount of shots it take for your shield to dissipate and your health to drain, thus making kills go by faster.
WAIT!!!! Forgot to add that the way 343i developers changed the shield mechanics to take less hits before dissipating needs to be brought back up to the normal shielding mechanics of H3 and H4. I didn't ask to play a reskinned CoD Ghosts
What?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5