Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] HALO 5 is Call of Duty HALO Warfare now?

OP VigorosoImp6266

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5
i saw the videos of halo 5 beta and i liked it.
i play halo from the first CE on xbox at day one, and i don't understand how many of you hate this game at one year (or more) from the launch
I don't care about the beta, halo 2 anniversary multiplayer ist really awesome. It's exactly why I love halo, just skill based there are no special ability's etc. Just skill. Love that (hope they will fix the matchmaking soon enough)
y0n4z wrote:
I don't care about the beta, halo 2 anniversary multiplayer ist really awesome. It's exactly why I love halo, just skill based there are no special ability's etc. Just skill. Love that (hope they will fix the matchmaking soon enough)
I hope HALO 5 will have classic mode.
Is everyone forgetting about crysis like halo and cod are pretty much stealing from it. But halo is dead to me it's just like when gears of war judgement came out everyone said gears died which it did because it changed its main mechanics. Halo didn't have strafe or ground pounds what reason was there to add this? I liked the counter strike type of aim we don't need ads for halo nor does it have to be fast paced. I wanted halo because it was different from call of duty,battlefield,and crysis , because who wants the same game Id just stick with call of duty so I can go Rambo and halo for when my skills were really tested. Halo isn't going to die because of their fans not getting it but because the game isnt different anymore it's becoming a generics fps shooter. I'm going to try the beta but if it's as bad as I think goodbye halo.
I'd say that it is trend of this year to have more mobility in FPS genre. But it is so annoying when people compare every -Yoinking!- thing to newest CoD. CoD AW & Halo 5 were at deveploment at same time, so I doubt that Halo 5 tried to copy CoD AW or vice versa.
Im confused. so you guys are saying that if Halo 5 and every other halo released to this point played exactly the same as the orginal Halo combat evolved then you'd love it. No you would want some things to change to grow the franchise so that its not the same old dull game year after year. you fanboys never make sense to me.
I'd call it more like Unreal Halo, or Quake Halo.
That's not bad, is it?
Kreig556 wrote:
I'd call it more like Unreal Halo, or Quake Halo.

That's not bad, is it?
Team Fortress Halo.
But they didnt combine all into one style of gameplay.
What's H5 is building now was just put into a game that just came out. This is why the comparison is being made.

The point is that this comparison shouldn't be made. Halo 4 had thrusters and jet packs way before AW. If anything, CoD should be considered copying Halo and a lot of other franchises.

One more time, everything was combined into one style of gameplay recently AW.
The new movement for H5 was all put together by AW.
This is not about who invented what piece of concept first this is about when everything came together.
Yes, there were slides, vaulting, jetpacks, in games loooong before Halo ever added them but the whole combines effort was just recently done in AW.
Except they showed us what was going to be in the game before AW was even announced, remember the cgi trailer? It has almost everything, right down to the map too. 343 intended to do it first, but due to unfortunate circumstances, we now have people complaining like children, who don't know any better.
adding spring and dash and double jump that will ruin the game for me i don't have to play the beta for that halo is great like this classic, skill game
Final Huf wrote:
Is everyone forgetting about crysis like halo and cod are pretty much stealing from it. But halo is dead to me it's just like when gears of war judgement came out everyone said gears died which it did because it changed its main mechanics. Halo didn't have strafe or ground pounds what reason was there to add this? I liked the counter strike type of aim we don't need ads for halo nor does it have to be fast paced. I wanted halo because it was different from call of duty,battlefield,and crysis , because who wants the same game Id just stick with call of duty so I can go Rambo and halo for when my skills were really tested. Halo isn't going to die because of their fans not getting it but because the game isnt different anymore it's becoming a generics fps shooter. I'm going to try the beta but if it's as bad as I think goodbye halo.
Crysis was an awful franchise, and ripped way more from other games than halo 5 has. They took the same gun mechanics, added a high jump, sprinting, they same exact killstreaks as cod 4, same perks and allowed you to customize weapons in classes. I don't see any of that in halo 5. Thruster was already in halo 4, sprinting has been in since 2010 so this isn't a new thing, ground pound works differently, and crysis don't even have a shoulder charge. The only similarities the two games share are clamber and slide. Halo 5 has equal starts, no killstreaks, no perks, no attachments, an emphasis on map control, weapons on map, and a totally different gun play system. These games won't feel remotely the same.
BRMOS wrote:
adding spring and dash and double jump that will ruin the game for me i don't have to play the beta for that halo is great like this classic, skill game
There isn't a double jump. I can tell how educated you are on the subject.
I remember as a younger kid that I wanted to sprint. Ive had multiple conversations with people about sprint. This is so -yoink!- ing annoying. Seriously. Most of you do not even know how the game plays. Quit comparing every single game to call of duty. It's seriosuly aggervating seeing the majority of this fan base be -blam!- ing disrespectful of a great company who truly cares about this game.

if you're a real fan you'd stick with it until the beta. I think fast paced halo is a great idea. Oh and btw, I'm sure halo had the thruster pack about 2 years before advanced warfare came out. Plus it makes more sense considering you're a 6 foot super soldier that is in a scifi world killing aliens and in a battle suit that I suppose before wasn't capable of using a thruster pack and now you can is bad. It's not about the features. It's about the execution and i know 343i has it covered.
I love how the BETA looked, and all the in game content we've seen from anyone playing. I guess what you have to look at is the over-all feel and want of the gaming industry when it comes to FPS. Look at all the FPS's that are making money. The look of the guns, the noises, the feel of the game. It's all meant to bring you in and make you feel like your there. So it looks the same, feels the same, but it's what makes money and allows us the end user to enjoy it. The Gaming company needs to make money, in order to make the game, that we consume and play for hours on end, day in and day out. Again, it's a game meant to be played and enjoyed. We have a FORUM To voice our concerns that is monitored and in that, changes will be made and tweaked.

I remember when Halo Reach was coming out and played the BETA for it. I loved how amazing the grenades where in it. Not to weak but not to strong and I was able to enjoy the game without dying consistently. When the game launched - I found out the tweaks made, where not that great but did it stop me from playing no ? Why, again it's a game that had more than one aspect to it and I learned to enjoy it. It's why you play games, to dominate and control.

In essence, If it looks like "Call Of Duty" That's an opinion everyone is entitled to them. But It's Halo and in that it's 343 Who handles it now. They're going to do what they do and what Microsoft wants in the end. If we voice our concerns and where heard then changes will be made. Enjoy the game, and don't think into it to much because your not going to enjoy it the way it was meant to be enjoyed.

-HeLLsDoLLsMaFiA
NF Optimus wrote:
This HALO 5 beta klipp will make you cry. Warning dont look if you dont want to get depressed.
/watch?v=KVzb6V1EyLk

My comment on that video:
So HALO 5 is Call of Duty HALO Warfare now? Listen now 343i. Are you trying to kill HALO? I think that you are trying to milk this game series as much as you can right now just to get "easy" and fast cash. But remember. If HALO will fail XBOX will fail. HALO is why manny people buy XBOX instead of Playstation. How hard can it be for a big company as 343i (Microsoft) to get things right? How hard can it be to get all the little details in HALO right? How hard is it to have a logical explanation to why design in the game changes (AN explanation that make sens in the HALO univers)? I remember that time when other games/companys copied HALO and not the other way around. 343i, how does it feel that a 10 year old HALO (HAlO 2 anniversary) will be way better then somthing you have made from scratch? HALO is dead now. The only HALOS we will buy now will be the remakes of the HALOS Bungie made.
(End of comment)

How are you guys fell about this? 343i is (In my opinion) trying to make HALO to a COD game and trying to say that what we se in HALO 5 is not ADS but instead the same scope system we have always had in HALO (Not true in my opinion). From what I can see from that klipp is that you will have a big advantage is you will use ADS. I know the spread will be the same but it is clearly you will be able to aim better (see alot longer and clearer) with this "not ADS system". I think 343i is doing this because they want to make HALO a real ADS game with time and are now just trying to prepare us for it.
But we're not gonna let 'em have it! What we will let 'em have is a boycott of the game, and a empty wallet of their own failure to drown in! Am I right, HALO gamer?

This hurts me. You're a pillar of what this community has become. Bunch of rabid dogs.
I just need to get this out of my system.

First of: Fast cash? How on earth would you define this as fast cash, if 343i works their -Yoinks!- off for multiple years to make a game for US, the consumers, and to please US, and give their time for OUR amusement? You really need to rephrase yourself.

Secondly: ADS has always been in Halo. You know how the BR scopes, and the DMR scopes? It's the same thing, just a cheaper way of making it visual. This is better, and more vision. Right now, I'll tell you about how ADS works in the Halo universe. If you remember how the MJOLNIR battle armor works. It's directly linked to the weapon, so the spartan has a reticule on his/her visor, which makes the physical scoping un-required, but yet obtain the full effect of scoping. They just added an animation, which looks amazing. FYI: If you're smart scoped, and taking fire, the fire will immediately make you retract your scope, so it won't be like Halo4.

Thirdly: 343i has shown great response and improvement, by releasing A) A beta this early in dev stage, fully focusing on the gameplay aspects, B) removing lots of key features from Halo4, (AA, Sprint w/o punishment, and Descope) To mention a few. They made sure everyone start on equal footing with equal weapons and equal abilities. Which is what we, the community asked for. They've also added key features to the spartan to make him more immersive, mobile and realistic.

Lastly: You you treat 343i with utter disrespect. You have yet to play the game, and yet here you are boldly ranting about how it will fail, and how you are determined boycott it, without the slightest clue of how it will play out. Your lack of intelligence reflects on your way of writing. I personally think that 343i is moving in the right direction. Everything they've done is to improve the games flow, and the way the sandbox works. Which is needed. A game needs to evolve, why else would you make a sequel? A true Halo fan would be open to change and improvement. You, are neither.
I completely agree 100% with everything you said. You literally took the words right out of my mouth. And no I'm not being sarcastic
Two things.
1. The beta does feels like COD. Why. Well 1st off in the other halo games I am able to go against 3 players and kill them all with a battle rifle and the assault rifle due to the combat system of the games. In the beta it much more aim at the head if the other player to win or play jack in the box( meaning to keep popping up from ur hiding place).
2. To those of you who think COD is the best thing in the world. Halo made the Xbox. And this is coming from a Cod fan. Fps was made more popular from halo.
1.1 to go back real quick. I am not the best player in halo but it am good enough to go against 3 guys at once. Just for those who would say I suck at the game.
SUDDOTH 1 wrote:
lets hope the beta servers don't crash like the MCC launch
I second that.
People yes this is not good with the thruster and da sights and all but the campain might make up for it...
OMG COD invented everything! Something that only superficially looks like ADS could only be an attempt at replicating COD specifically. And that thruster pack, clearly it didn't exist in halo before exo suits in AW. Don't even get me started on equal starts with no loadouts or killstreaks that will play just like space COD. Oh wait...
This guy gets it.
As a current PS4 owner who does not own an XB1 I really do not feel like I am missing something. Im going to get titanfall 2. I have COD, Destiny, killzone and Battlefront. Halo doesn't do much of anything to differentiate itself from the pack.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5