3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 15
Idiolectic wrote:
Idiolectic wrote:
People who complain about the splitscreen issue irk me; there is no possible way for spiltscreen to have been implemented, with the way Halo 5 does physics calculations.

Halo 5 has the same issue that Fallout 4 had, and that is that if the framerate goes down below 60 FPS, the game literally begins to slow down - as in, it enters slow-mo mode. Having to calculate two different renderings of the game, on the same console, for an advanced game like Halo 5, just isn't very possible, with the X1's hardware.

It's unfortunate, but true.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to see splitscreen in Halo 6, but it would take a complete rebuilding of an extremely complex system, and that takes time, and in game development time is everything.
Why cant it have implement a system like Hyrule Warriors? 60 fps when only one person is playing and drops to 30 when a second player joins? Obviously this wouldnt work for multiplayer but at least you could do campaign with a friend. i dont know why the game industry decided couch co op should die out, since thats one of the main reasons to own a console over a PC. people that defend the lack of split screen "Irk" me.
I had just explained why you couldn't just lock the game at 30 FPS for splitscreen - the game slows down its physic calculations as the framerate goes down; this is done as an optimization feature, to allow for the 60 FPS gameplay that we have. The easiest way to explain it, is the engine always assumes that the game will be running at a solid 60 FPS, and therefore does its calculation at that set rate at all times, and as the game slows down so too does the calculations that the engine does. In turn, this quite literally slows the game down, leading to slow-motion gameplay.

An easy example of seeing how this works, is go into Forge, and spawn a few hundred Covenant Prophet holograms, and watch as the game begins to slow down, rather than just get choppy, and lag, as is normal with framerate drops. Everything slows, the animations, movement, etc.

This is extremely simplified, because it's a fairly advanced feature, but it's the best I can do without going into mumbo-jumbo that no one will understand.
So what you are saying is that 343 screwed up really early on when building their physics engine and now it is too much of a pain to go back and fix because it takes a lot of work? God forbid they have to put in a little extra effort to make sure they retain features from previous games.... Seems to be their strog suit with halo 5....

and I agree with skyward, people that just accept sub par content from 343 because it would be really hard and a lot of work for them to do it right really rub me the wrong way. They are a team of extremely talented professionals with a massive budget, figure it out.
It's hard to say that Halo 5 is ruining the series when it is actually retaining players better than the last couple of halo games. There is the argument that much of the monthly update content should have been in the game since release, but overall Halo 5 is the best Halo we've had in a while and probably since Halo 2/3. The textures for forge that MOR added are amazing and will make forge maps nearly as good as homegrown maps from 343. But since 343 won't give us many new maps, I'm desperately waiting for them to pump some forge maps into the slayer and team arena playlists.
What is your definition of population retention???

the only halo games it has better retention than is halo 4 and halo mcc, please tell me that is not what you are referring to because one of those games didn't even work and one of them was... Well it was halo 4. Saw this in another thread and forget who said it but last Friday after the update went live halo was below battlefront on the most played list on Xbox.com and battlefront had 22k players online... Again how do you define population retention? Reach had a peak population of like 900k a year after release.
i understand what 343 is doing with halo, i see the scope of it and they have my full suport. Allthough... Halo 5 could of been better in many ways. Still, 343 is just geting started. Halo 4-5 are just a steping stones in the events of halo, and compared to the steping stone of halo ce, 343 is wining.
I agree on quite a few statements here. Not all. But you've stated them clearly and well. 😀
Some of your complaints are really option based, I do agree with some though. The plot was TRASH, but "no elites in MP" is very minor. I mean "where are the scarabs" isn't really a bad thing.
I think this whole thread is a joke, halo 5 is a great game
343 have tried to convert Halo into a more CoD Style of game. Although this is good for new players; people like us who have played and grown up with Bungie's Halo games don't like this new change. I honestly want 343 to take Halo 6 back to the old style.
I just want a level like covenant on halo 3 that it had everything on it. Halo 5 missions were good but short
I love the Halo Series. It is one of my favorite game series for far too many reasons to list. I have grown up with the series and I actually thought Halo 4 was a good first attempt by 343 industries. So I gave Halo 4 a slide and still enjoyed it, but for Halo 5 they needed to prove themselves. I can't describe my level of disappointment with Halo 5. I do not think I have ever been as let down by a game. How someone can be proud of this game and think it is as good a game as Halo 1-3 and reach befuddles me. Its a good game but not a Halo Game. 343 can still improve though and win back lost fans. I am listing this list not to hate on 343 but rather offer areas that I think they should improve on. These are all my personal opinions and are meant as constructive criticism.

The BAD:
-Very LINEAR mission design
-NO epic scale battles
-Where Are the SCARABS??
-Even Vehicle missions are just larger hallways
-Prometheans still not fun to fight (Soldiers are very annoying)
-ZERO characterization
-Killing off Jul M'Dama for no reason
-Terrible story, too few blue team missions
-Halsey wanting revenge to not caring anymore
-Focused too much on coop yet NO SPLIT SCREEN?!?!
-Content Held Back
-Too much focus on 60fps, graphics are good but not great, same with textures
-Too Short of a campaign
-Not enough Playlist at launch
-No Elites in MP
-Map rotation is horribly broken ( Have played Raid on Apex 7 12 times in a row on warzone)
-No armor unlocks for progression and skull collecting
-No Campaign Theater and no Forge at Launch
-Too much focus on esports community rather then the general audience which are casual players

The GOOD:
-Soundtrack
-Sanghelios Visuals
-Bringing back fan favorite characters( still no character building of them though, poorly executed)
-Making all Weapons have a purpose
-Some interesting directions on where the story could go (bring back the flood and the brutes, lots of factions)
-Spartan abilities and movement is perfect blend of modern day design with old halo
-REQ Versions of guns
-GREAT post launch but a lot of it was held back
-Forge is getting better and better (just need AI in forge now to create our own missions)

Huge Halo fan and still love the series to death, but it will die and is dying off due to so many missteps and misdirections. If they continue the series like this then I will no longer buy halo and instead just watch the cut-scenes on YouTube. At the moment in the market there are far better games available. HALO 5 is a good game, great value. However, it is the WORST 'halo game' in my opinion.
actuelly i couldn't have said it better myself
I love the Halo Series. It is one of my favorite game series for far too many reasons to list. I have grown up with the series and I actually thought Halo 4 was a good first attempt by 343 industries. So I gave Halo 4 a slide and still enjoyed it, but for Halo 5 they needed to prove themselves. I can't describe my level of disappointment with Halo 5. I do not think I have ever been as let down by a game. How someone can be proud of this game and think it is as good a game as Halo 1-3 and reach befuddles me. Its a good game but not a Halo Game. 343 can still improve though and win back lost fans. I am listing this list not to hate on 343 but rather offer areas that I think they should improve on. These are all my personal opinions and are meant as constructive criticism.

The BAD:
-NO epic scale battles
-Where Are the SCARABS??
-ZERO characterization
-Content Held Back
-Too Short of a campaign
-No Elites in MP
-Map rotation is horribly broken ( Have played Raid on Apex 7 12 times in a row on warzone)
-Too much focus on esports community rather then the general audience which are casual players

The GOOD:
-Soundtrack
-Sanghelios Visuals
-Bringing back fan favorite characters( still no character building of them though, poorly executed)
-Some interesting directions on where the story could go (bring back the flood and the brutes, lots of factions)
-Spartan abilities and movement is perfect blend of modern day design with old halo
-REQ Versions of guns
-Forge is getting better and better (just need AI in forge now to create our own missions)

Huge Halo fan and still love the series to death, but it will die and is dying off due to so many missteps and misdirections. If they continue the series like this then I will no longer buy halo and instead just watch the cut-scenes on YouTube. At the moment in the market there are far better games available. HALO 5 is a good game, great value. However, it is the WORST 'halo game' in my opinion.
Halo will die if 343 does not step it up and make 6 a good game.
At least it didn't spit on all of the halo lore like reach did
You also missed the part about Melee beating Spartan Charging
Halo 5 is not killing Halo
Halo: since 2001.

"This Halo sequel is killing Halo": since 2004.
I love the multiplayer part of halo 5. Almost anything that happens can be countered.
Halo 5 doesn't have a great campaign and there is no split screen. Other than that, it is so very close to perfection from an MP standpoint IMO.

The BAD:
-NO epic scale battles
-Where Are the SCARABS??
-ZERO characterization
-Content Held Back
-Too Short of a campaign
-No Elites in MP

The GOOD:
-Soundtrack
-Sanghelios Visuals
-REQ Versions of guns

my favorite part is that the whole selling point was chief vs. locke but they had one fight where it was 5 minutes of running around and 30 seconds of fighting where chief gets punched in the face and then they band together because cortana magically survived the nuclear blast in halo 4 but then turned bad and they had to defeat her. good stuff(sarcasm)
You also missed the part about Melee beating Spartan Charging
i hate that. it sucks how melee's do the same amount of damage as spartan charging but they recover quicker so if you spartan charge someone and they trade with a melee they kill you 9 times out of 10
Generally, everything OP said has been used as a criticism of Halo since forever. Or, is opinion based stuff that others have different opinions on or may not care about or may even like.

You mean that one time you played it four times in a row when there were only three maps available? So dramatic. And so wrong. When we can see your history......
Fourseer wrote:
But scarabs weren't in 4 either...
Yes, there were Covenant on Requiem in that game, but I can't think of a good reason for them to feel the need to drop a Scarab down on the Shield World. They probably weren't looking to fight the Prometheans, but got attacked anyway; they probably landed to try to locate their goal, but didn't expect as much resistance (that's my theory anyway). When there are Scarabs in the original games, it's a tactical reason, and always involved in fighting/stopping the humans, their #1 enemy. Also, the main focus of Halo 4 was primarily the Forerunners, not the Covenant, who just happened to be at the same place at the same time as Master Chief. When the Kraken appears in H5, it's obvious that the Covenant are your sole opponent.

Maybe the OP's complaint stems from the Kraken being labeled as a bigger, better replacement for the Scarab, yet it ended up being sub-par. So then having real Scarabs would be more enjoyable than what the game actually got.

*shrug*
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 15